PDA

View Full Version : Is it enough to get you to come back?

Littlest Hobo
01-02-2012, 08:22 PM
I'll be there on saturday after having a short break away from watching the pish that was on show the last wee while. I've done quite a bit of complaining about the board and the players, i think it's about time I showed my loyalty again. I hope a few others will be joining me to once again take up their seats. Mon the Hibs

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2012, 08:36 PM
I'll be there on saturday after having a short break away from watching the pish that was on show the last wee while. I've done quite a bit of complaining about the board and the players, i think it's about time I showed my loyalty again. I hope a few others will be joining me to once again take up their seats. Mon the Hibs

I have never been away, but have been one of the Board's fiercest critics.....I sent an email to them Today to congratulate them on their activity, I bet Fife passed out after receiving praise from me:cb

Fife-Hibee
01-02-2012, 08:38 PM

Glory Hunter :devil: im going back too GGTTH

The Modfather
01-02-2012, 08:59 PM

Not just yet. I'd had a season ticket for 8 years, but have been to a handful of games the last 2 years. Although did go to Tannadice on boxing day (£10 enticed me), and Dunfermline the other week, and enjoyed the days out, rather than the football.

I'm hopefully the signings will come good, and keep us up. However a quick upturn in fortunes wont get me back. An organised, fit team, trying to play some football, over a prolonged period and I'll start to think about returning. As like most others, I really did have the stuffing knocked out of me, and have no problems admitting I started/am exploring other avenues to spend my money and time.

That being said, £15 for the cup game on Saturday has me slightly tempted. £15 is about the limit to what I'm prepared to pay these days for Hibs/Scottish football.

Seveno
01-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I have never been away. It's at times like these that your club needs your support more than ever.

What I can say though is that I'm looking forward to Saturday more than I have done for a long time.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2012, 09:10 PM
I have never been away. It's at times like these that your club needs your support more than ever.

What I can say though is that I'm looking forward to Saturday more than I have done for a long time.

GGTTH

:top marks:top marks

I cannot wait......:flag:

Mikey
01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
That being said, £15 for the cup game on Saturday has me slightly tempted.

The money the club spent in the last few days is money they don't have. They could do with that 15 quid :wink:

edwards
01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Hopefuly the signings will make the difference I am working on Sat but will be waiting for the good news over the radio.

The Modfather
01-02-2012, 09:32 PM
The money the club spent in the last few days is money they don't have. They could do with that 15 quid :wink:

I get enough emotional blackmail from the Mrs, don't you start! :greengrin

I stood up and was counted the last time with Straiton etc. Now I'm a bit older (not necessarily wiser) and after the last few years, a bit more removed and less less inclined to let the heart rule the head. That being said, I the flip side is I amn't making any unrealistic demands given we are losing money, simply that we punch our weight.

Mikey
01-02-2012, 09:45 PM
I amn't making any unrealistic demands given we are losing money, simply that we punch our weight.

Come along on Saturday and find out for yourself :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
01-02-2012, 10:06 PM
It's defo got me interested again!!

Saturday night may be a different story though:wink:

BoltonHibee
01-02-2012, 10:09 PM

How much have the club spent in the last few days?

Mikey
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM
How much have the club spent in the last few days?

I don't know.

Paying players off, signing on fees and wages will soon add up though.

bighairyfaeleith
01-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I don't know.

Paying players off, signing on fees and wages will soon add up though.

WTF, it wouldnae cost hearts a thing and we pay out cold hard cash.

Mikey
01-02-2012, 10:54 PM
WTF, it wouldnae cost hearts a thing and we pay out cold hard cash.

:greengrin

cad
01-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Still very narked at Hibs , with the self inflicted pish we have had to put up with over the last few season FA to cheer about .
I must admit tho , Pats hard work sorting this debacle out deserves my support if only for the effort shown by him and the board financing the Jan window , so a visit to The Leith San Siro is planned for the Killie match ,as Right Says Frank your heart ruling your head where Hibs are concerned can do your napper in , but Im back into the old routine starting with Killie .

Just remember the board Rod etc had nowhere to go the product unchanged would have emptied Easter Road ,buying or loans whatever was there only option they played the odds ,the fact that Rod and that clown Calderwood brought us to this sorry state should never be forgotten ,backing a guy , losing out on £300,000 allegedly because it wasnt enough for Rod to ditch the plum , non committal to HFC , no pre season ,moving up and down to London, and all the other things,his signings his tactics ,the crap go`s on and on .

Hibs maintaining SPL status is paramount ( I know the SPL is the worst league in Europe and we play for 3 or 4th every year but your teams your team through thick and thin ) ,its been awfi thin for more than a few seasons now , but if The Glorious is in your blood its in your blood ,god help ye if your tagged being a Hibby a life of pain ,sh..e and the odd magical day ,I suppose ye canny be happy all yer life eh .

GGTTH :pfgwa

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Yes no doubt some of the Fickle will return!

basehibby
02-02-2012, 12:11 AM
I've not stopped going anyway but if I had, I'd be sorely tempted to put in an appearance on saturday - new manager, whole clutch of signings including one gazzumped from the huns and an alleged Roberto Carlos play-alike!

I know many have reached the end of their respective tethers over the last couple of seasons but surely that's enough to inspire just a wee spark of optimism?!?

tanfield
02-02-2012, 09:00 PM
I'll be there with my son. Only his second game and my first one for a good couple of years

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Of course. It's the club I support and they've signed players to improve the problem areas of the team. Can't really think of anything else they can reasonably do at this stage.

I was getting hacked off with all those tedious 'get behind the team' guff when the club were taking no effective measures to arrest the decline. Now that they are I'm more than happy to do my bit. Yes, it means a few broken hearted fillys will be disappointed on Saturday afternoons, but Bobby gotta roll with dem Greens.

HibbyAndy
02-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Il be there with 2 lapsed Hibees :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
02-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Of course. It's the club I support and they've signed players to improve the problem areas of the team. Can't really think of anything else they can reasonably do at this stage.

I was getting hacked off with all those tedious 'get behind the team' guff when the club were taking no effective measures to arrest the decline. Now that they are I'm more than happy to do my bit. Yes, it means a few broken hearted fillys will be disappointed on Saturday afternoons, but Bobby gotta roll with dem Greens.

You dating horses Bob?:rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2012, 12:11 AM
You dating horses Bob?:rolleyes:

Riding them. It's polo season here in West Palm Beach, Florida.

smurf
03-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Yesterday I bought a ticket for my brother and father. Hopefully we have a good crowd to roar the guys on to victory on Saturday. GGTTH

Kaiser1962
03-02-2012, 08:40 AM
I have never been away, but have been one of the Board's fiercest critics.....I sent an email to them Today to congratulate them on their activity, I bet Fife passed out after receiving praise from me:cb

Went into anaphylactic shock apparently. Touch and go. :greengrin

Godsahibby
03-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Tomorrow will be my first game since I walked out of the Motherwell Home game earlier in the season. Hopefully I can last longer than 45mins tomorrow! :pfgwa

ahibby
03-02-2012, 01:02 PM
I've been picking and choosing which games I go to and left early a couple of times (for the first time in my history as an attending fan). Of course I want to see the new players in action and I'd expect most like me or even worse have stopped going altogether would be interested to see the new look Hibs.

heretoday
03-02-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm interested. Also concerned that people will expect too much too soon. After all, these chaps have hardly been introduced to each other.

Mind you the way they've played so far this season would lead you to suspect none of the squad had anything more than a passing acquaintance with his teammates.

Hibs7
03-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Bought a ticket for tomorrow and a bit of dig and determination for the whole game will be an improvement from the last time I saw them, if it is there I will be back next week to see them against Aberdeen, I have seen a lot of false dawns with Hibs but in PF I think we may well be on the right track at last.

GreenCastle
03-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Will be there - hopefully the new signings and it being a cup game will bring in some more excitement than normal.

This is our year...:duck:

Famous Fiver
03-02-2012, 04:20 PM
There was a queue for tickets in the shop this morning.

Tin hat on.

Must be some happy clappers about!

Newcastlehibby
03-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Been looking for a reason to make the trip up for some time now. Perhaps taking a nostalgic walk along North Fort St (where I was born) then a slow meander around the shore. Of course if it rains as per the forecast, I'll have to find a pub!

WindyMiller
03-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Yesterday I bought 3 memberships and tickets for to-morrow.

We've only been to a 2 or 3 home, and 4 away games this season.

As DBS says, the Club have shown they're supporting the manager.

:flag:

brydekirk
03-02-2012, 07:18 PM
U havin a laugh, i've spent over £800 quid the last two seasons watching that p@sh, u bet i'll be back, I want something back for my money. GGTTH

Littlest Hobo
03-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Going to be a cold wet/snowy day tomorrow, wrap up well folks. I'd imagine the weather will put a few folk off. I've bought my tickets, so I'll have to go now.
I'm hoping the new players will be wearing name tags

Feed McGraw
03-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Going to be a cold wet/snowy day tomorrow, wrap up well folks. I'd imagine the weather will put a few folk off. I've bought my tickets, so I'll have to go now.
I'm hoping the new players will be wearing name tags

Big huge ones on their backs.:wink:

shearer1981
04-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I'll be back today for the first time since a corporate day V St Mirren at home. Knew we were destined to get p*ked when I shook CC's hand. Anywho fair play to the board theyve finally addressed the defence and centre mid - we have good strikers already so there's nae reason now we cant kick on. Still be a hard game, theyre a good side but we can easily beat them 'on our day'. Season starts now. GGTTH

kaimendhibs
04-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Have never stopped going to home games although have picked and chosen away games. This is first game i have really looked forward to for ages but cannae go despite season ticket and top up Booooooooooo! Wee girls 10th birthday tomorrow but her party today