PDA

View Full Version : Board and signings

hugo boss
01-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I am shocked at how us fans have suddenly changed our tune towards the board...for years they have bled the club dry selling players for millions and replacing them with crap lets be honest here..We get some loan signings in and everyone jumping from the stands congratulating the board "lets not forget these players are not proven" and if am honest players that leave in jan are leaving becuase they are not good enough..i am grateful for what sir tom has done for us but lets not forget he and the board which is shabolic are making mega cash from the club.At the agm it was all about getting top six year in year out we want 3rd year in year out.

CallumHibs07
01-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Agreed. The players might be crap aswell, why does everyone think they will be good we have been crap for a few years now? We shouldn't have needed to sign a load of players this month but we did have to, Petries fault for that.

hugo boss
01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Agreed. The players might be crap aswell, why does everyone think they will be good we have been crap for a few years now? We shouldn't have needed to sign a load of players this month but we did have to, Petries fault for that.
defo its the usual covering over cracks

Dalianwanda
01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
So what would you like to happen? Who do you feel we should be looking for at to take their place?

hugo boss
01-02-2012, 05:43 PM
So what would you like to happen? Who do you feel we should be looking for at to take their place? its not about looking for someone to replace them just want ambition we make mistakes every season with signings crowds are down staduim is bigger...if kwick fit were in that position sir tom would halt it straight away

CallumHibs07
01-02-2012, 05:45 PM
So what would you like to happen? Who do you feel we should be looking for at to take their place?

We had to sign players and we did. But Petre and the board don't deserve all the credit they are getting.

Elephant Stone
01-02-2012, 05:45 PM
its not about looking for someone to replace them just want ambition we make mistakes every season with signings crowds are down staduim is bigger...if kwick fit were in that position sir tom would halt it straight away

You want ambition but are moaning that the stadium has been made bigger in the same sentence?

Mikey
01-02-2012, 05:48 PM
I am shocked at how us fans have suddenly changed our tune towards the board...for years they have bled the club dry selling players for millions and replacing them with crap lets be honest here..We get some loan signings in and everyone jumping from the stands congratulating the board "lets not forget these players are not proven" and if am honest players that leave in jan are leaving becuase they are not good enough..i am grateful for what sir tom has done for us but lets not forget he and the board which is shabolic are making mega cash from the club.At the agm it was all about getting top six year in year out we want 3rd year in year out.

Ticket info for Saturday is here chaps.....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?227133-Hibs-v-Kilmarnock-Ticket-Info

Get along and support your team :aok:

DarlingtonHibee
01-02-2012, 05:50 PM
its not about looking for someone to replace them just want ambition we make mistakes every season with signings crowds are down staduim is bigger...if kwick fit were in that position sir tom would halt it straight away

Dear oh dear....

I'm assuming that you have no idea about STF / Hibs / Kwik Fit, or head back to another board...

Dalianwanda
01-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I see what you saying but do you have a bit of faith in the new manager? I certainly do, even before yesterdays signings. Its common knowledge that its hard to sign during the winter window so I think loans are a good way to go. Ive not idea if the guys brought in are any good but I have a good idea that if PF is going to the bother of shifting players out he's not gonna want to muck it up by getting players in who are just as bad, I would hazard a guess he's gone through due diligence.. In terms of the board, yes some mistakes have been made but personally I think they have it right just now in terms of putting the right fella at the helm. I also think they have back him in a sensible way with the new players coming in. They also backed the other managers (until they realised money wasnt being spent wisely)..Its not papering over the cracks imo its a complete overhaul of the team..With a rebuilding job in the summer done by a manager who I feel has real direction of whats required. Hopefully punters start coming back to put some money in the coffers so that he has some money to spend..

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2012, 05:52 PM

http://tumblr-gifs.com/pics/88-o.gif

hugo boss
01-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I see what you saying but do you have a bit of faith in the new manager? I certainly do, even before yesterdays signings. Its common knowledge that its hard to sign during the winter window so I think loans are a good way to go. Ive not idea if the guys brought in are any good but I have a good idea that if PF is going to the bother of shifting players out he's not gonna want to muck it up by getting players in who are just as bad, I would hazard a guess he's gone through due diligence.. In terms of the board, yes some mistakes have been made but personally I think they have it right just now in terms of putting the right fella at the helm. I also think they have back him in a sensible way with the new players coming in. They also backed the other managers (until they realised money wasnt being spent wisely)..Its not papering over the cracks imo its a complete overhaul of the team..With a rebuilding job in the summer done by a manager who I feel has real direction of whats required. Hopefully punters start coming back to put some money in the coffers so that he has some money to spend..

yes i do have faith in new manager think he will do a great job

Elephant Stone
01-02-2012, 05:55 PM
i am grateful for what sir tom has done for us but lets not forget he and the board which is shabolic are making mega cash from the club..

How much mega cash is Sir Tom getting from Hibs?

CallumHibs07
01-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Ticket info for Saturday is here chaps.....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?227133-Hibs-v-Kilmarnock-Ticket-Info

Get along and support your team :aok:

Got cup top up with my season ticket.

Cheers though. :aok:

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2012, 05:59 PM

MOre to the point, how much is he getting from Kwik Fit? :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
01-02-2012, 06:02 PM

Don't humour them.

Honestly, I'll await the day that STF says he has had enough of the bull**** and the hassle.

There will be a lot of posters on here, who will be eating a lot of humble pie.

HFC is in the safest hands they could be, but of course people want more, but have no idea about running a multi milion pound business.

Hibs90
01-02-2012, 06:07 PM
Loan signings are here to help us in the survival fight. Hopefully Paddy will be able to bring in some more permanent players in the summer and hopefully the board back him.

down-the-slope

:coffee: don't think the owners of Kwik Fit would appreciate Sir Tom sticking his nose in their business

greenlex

I was gonna challenge evety point you have made. But i am tired. I am sick to the back teeth of pointing fans to the facts and truth.
I dont care if I get banned from here as its starting to really irritate me.

So can i just say I wish you would just **** right off. Thanks in advance.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I was gonba challenge evety piint you have made. But i am tired. I am sick to the back teeth of pointing fans to the facts and truth.
I dont care if I get benned from here as its starting to really irritate me.

So can i just say I wish you would just **** right off. Thanks in afavance.

You're so angry your fingers don't work :greengrin

Barney McGrew
01-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Exactly. But I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on an answer

Pedantic_Hibee
01-02-2012, 06:13 PM
I was gonna challenge evety point you have made. But i am tired. I am sick to the back teeth of pointing fans to the facts and truth.
I dont care if I get banned from here as its starting to really irritate me.

So can i just say I wish you would just **** right off. Thanks in advance.

:top marks:top marks

steakbake
01-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Loan signings are here to help us in the survival fight. Hopefully Paddy will be able to bring in some more permanent players in the summer and hopefully the board back him.

This is the key thing. These signings are here to help us to stay up. Go down, and we're finished. We need to secure Spl status then take stock in the summer. It is fairly disgraceful we're even in that position though.

DarlingtonHibee
01-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Exactly. But I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on an answer

Give us the answer then ?

Barney McGrew
01-02-2012, 06:17 PM

I'm not the one the question's been asked of :wink:

I'm sure the OP will happily point us in the direction of all the mega cash STF has been taking, after all it will all be detailed in the accounts we publicly release each year, won't it?

DarlingtonHibee
01-02-2012, 06:22 PM

I'm sure the OP will happily point us in the direction of all the mega cash STF has been taking, after all it will all be detailed in the accounts we publicly release each year, won't it?

Aah - thanks for that, so you have no opinion,despite your post

Lago
01-02-2012, 06:22 PM
You will alway get them, claiming to be playing devil's advocate, but in reality all they are doing is trying to noise people up. I'm tired of them too.

HibsMax
01-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Agreed. The players might be crap aswell
and you're welcome to that pessimistic point of view if you want it.

, why does everyone think they will be good
Everyone? Really? Truth is nobody knows what, if anything, these new additions will add to the team but I'll tell you one thing........if we didn't get anyone then we would be in the exact same position as we were before. Is that what you wanted?

we have been crap for a few years now?
So what? Just because we've been crap for years means we have to continue being crap? We've changed the manager and the backroom staff. We've just brought in a few new players. What else would you suggest we change to produce a better offering on the park?

We shouldn't have needed to sign a load of players this month but we did have to, Petries fault for that.
In a perfect world no team would ever need to sign anyone, they would be able to produce all the talent they need in-house. But that's a fairy tale and we all know it. Money talks so good players don't stay at poor teams for very long. You feel that we shouldn't have felt the need to bolster our squad. What other SPL teams agree with you there? Were Hibs alone in the transfer market last month?

Why is Petrie getting the blame for appointments made by his manager? Blame him for the managerial appointments but not the playing staff (unless you think he's pulling all the strings).

Barney McGrew
01-02-2012, 06:25 PM

Nope, I've got an opinion. In my opinion, he's talking pish.

If he can point me in the direction of some irrefutable evidence that STF is taking 'mega cash' from Hibs, I'll happily consider my viewpoint. Until then, I'll take the evidence of the annual accounts, which don't show STF taking 'mega cash' out.

HibsMax
01-02-2012, 06:27 PM

What does opinion have to do with fact? STF is either milking Hibs or he's not. Which is it? And who has the facts (not opinion) to back it up?

CallumHibs07
01-02-2012, 06:29 PM
and you're welcome to that pessimistic point of view if you want it.

Everyone? Really? Truth is nobody knows what, if anything, these new additions will add to the team but I'll tell you one thing........if we didn't get anyone then we would be in the exact same position as we were before. Is that what you wanted?

So what? Just because we've been crap for years means we have to continue being crap? We've changed the manager and the backroom staff. We've just brought in a few new players. What else would you suggest we change to produce a better offering on the park?

In a perfect world no team would ever need to sign anyone, they would be able to produce all the talent they need in-house. But that's a fairy tale and we all know it. Money talks so good players don't stay at poor teams for very long. You feel that we shouldn't have felt the need to bolster our squad. What other SPL teams agree with you there? Were Hibs alone in the transfer market last month?

Why is Petrie getting the blame for appointments made by his manager? Blame him for the managerial appointments but not the playing staff (unless you think he's pulling all the strings).

I would post a serious reply but there's so much wrong with that post I'm not even going to bother.

HibsMax
01-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I would post a serious reply but there's so much wrong with that post I'm not even going to bother.

Great answer. Humour me, tell me just one thing that is wrong with my post.

Jay
01-02-2012, 06:33 PM
God give me strength. the strongest january transfer window in many a year with a new manager getting full backing from our board which is way more than any of us dared hope for and lets face it, a bit of a gamble, and they are still *****! Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

HibsMax
01-02-2012, 06:35 PM
God give me strength. the strongest january transfer window in many a year with a new manager getting full backing from our board which is way more than any of us dared hope for and lets face it, a bit of a gamble, and they are still *****! Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

It would appear that way.

I'm not under the illusion that we're heading to the top of the SPL but I am pretty happy with the way things worked out. Of course we still need to wait and see what these players will do under Pat but I see no reason to be overly pessimistic at this stage.

Saorsa
01-02-2012, 06:38 PM
I am shocked at how us fans have suddenly changed our tune towards the board...for years they have bled the club dry selling players for millions and replacing them with crap lets be honest here..We get some loan signings in and everyone jumping from the stands congratulating the board "lets not forget these players are not proven" and if am honest players that leave in jan are leaving becuase they are not good enough..i am grateful for what sir tom has done for us but lets not forget he and the board which is shabolic are making mega cash from the club.At the agm it was all about getting top six year in year out we want 3rd year in year out.I havnae changed my mind about the board in the slightest, as far as I'm concerned all they're doing is trying tae sort out the mess they are IMO responsible for creating and I certainly winnae be congratulating them for it. As tae the manager however, I am supporting him and his signings and I couldnae care less whether they be loans or otherwise. If these are the players that Fenlon thinks can get us out of this hole we're in now so that we can retain our place in the SPL that's all that matters at this time. You're right, they've proven nothing here as yet but writing them off as not good enough before they've kicked a ball because they were signed in January is nonsense.

CallumHibs07
01-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Great answer. Humour me, tell me just one thing that is wrong with my post.

OK.

You said "........if we didn't get anyone then we would be in the exact same position as we were before. Is that what you wanted?"

That is a pretty silly comment. If you look at one of my previous posts I realised we needed to sign players. But we shouldn't be in the position of having to bring in a ridiculous number of loan signings , but we were and we did. All I did was agree with the OP that praising everyone at the club is not necessary. We haven't even seen them play yet.

Jay
01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Anybody who thinks we are now gonna win 'the' cup and finish top six needs their head looked at but you've got to be optimistic we will avoid relegation now and PF can start looking to build a team for next season. For the first time in ages we have a bit of enthusiasm but some folk arent happy unless they ate greetin'

Mikey
01-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Anybody who thinks we are now gonna win 'the' cup and finish top six needs their head looked at'

You called! :greengrin

HibsMax
01-02-2012, 06:45 PM
OK.

You said "........if we didn't get anyone then we would be in the exact same position as we were before. Is that what you wanted?"

That is a pretty silly comment. If you look at one of my previous posts I realised we needed to sign players. But we shouldn't be in the position of having to bring in a ridiculous number of loan signings , but we were and we did. All I did was agree with the OP that praising everyone at the club is not necessary. We haven't even seen them play yet.

Hey, it might be a stupid question (not a comment) but it's still a valid question. It was also a rhetorical question but I appreciate that isn't obvious without clearly stating it. Of course no Hibs fan wants us to be in the same situation.

I think that praising the club IS necessary, especially when you consider how much flak they take over everything else. I think it's only fair to give credit where credit is due (and abuse when abuse is due). In this case the club deserves credit for recoginsing the weaknesses and trying to do something about it. I am sure you will have seen the many posts over the last month complaining about the board "not doing anything". We brought in a boatload of players which has to be seen as a good thing. Why? Because you just know that if we brought in one or two players that this place would be going mental at the board for "not doing enough". We can't blast the club for either bringing in too few players or bringing in too many players. That's a lose-lose situation right there.

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
There's no shock whatsoever. Appoint a disinterested nonentity who couldn't sign on the dole never mind a player, and you get slagged.

Appoint a decent manager who wants to do the job, evidently works like *uck, identifies the key areas in which we need players, goes and gets them while clearing out the dross, and you get praised.

It's a performance based sport, after all. There's no real mystery in it.

judas
01-02-2012, 06:48 PM

That's funny. I thought, they had spent the money on a new west stand and state of the art training facility,thereby reinvesting the money in the future of the club.

Jay
01-02-2012, 06:49 PM
You called! :greengrin

How am I not surprised :p

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2012, 06:50 PM
That's funny. I thought, they had spent the money on a new west stand and state of the art training facility,thereby reinvesting the money in the future of the club.

But they did it in a Tony Soprano stylee. With careful manipulation of union rates and no-shows, Rod and Tam managed to cream off a fair bit of the action.

FACT.

greenlex
01-02-2012, 06:51 PM
OK.

Did you know that in this window 1/3 of all signings everywhere (not just hibs) were loan signings?

WhileTheChief..
01-02-2012, 07:00 PM
So some people still think that STF is taking cash out of Hibs??? What exactly will it take for it to sink in that he isn't? :brickwall

ahibby
01-02-2012, 07:04 PM
I don't think the Board is of the hook yet. Going by our performances, results and therefore place in the league, clubs with fewer resources than we have brought in better managers and players (not including PF in that as he needs time to show what he can do). I don't know enough about the players brought in last month to say whether they are going to do well or not. However, it looks on paper at least that the board have done a lot to get those players in and we shouldn't keep slagging the board in the current situation. That should be reserved for a time if it shows they have got things wrong yet again. You never know though, those players might go on and win us a Scottish Cup :scarf:

EasterRoad4Ever
01-02-2012, 07:16 PM

Agree with a lot of this. I'm sure it's just the relief of a condemned man getting an 11th hour reprieve. We all feared that the Board would do nothing to try address the issue - just as they did with Calderwood in the summer. But we've seen 5 or 6 signings (perhaps not first picks) which at least gives us some HOPE that things might improve. That's usually all that fans of a club want - hope. For sooo long we've had none due to the incredible incompetence of the Hibs Board and their appointed manager.

I agree, these players are mostly loans to get us (and the Board) out of a mess and completely untried. They are desperate signings that we really should't have had to make had the Board being doing their job. Nevertheless, Hibs fans have learned to be grateful for the scraps that the owner, Petrie and the Board have thrown us over the years. The odd cup win (every 20 years), the odd Euro trip (every 10 years) the odd Derby win (every 5 years !). It is sickening to the stomach that so many Hibs fans are actually praising Petrie and the Board for doing part of job that they are highly paid to do. We've just got to hope that Fenlon has an eye for a player, can get them to gell, and he's a master-plan in mind that will help us get better. I've been impressed with Fenlon and actually think he might be able to do the job.

As for the Board, they are rotten to the core and haven't a clue how to run a football club. you just have to try put that out of your mind when you watch the team.

Kaiser1962
01-02-2012, 07:20 PM
MOre to the point, how much is he getting from Kwik Fit? :greengrin

:tee hee:

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Agree with a lot of this. I'm sure it's just the relief of a condemned man getting an 11th hour reprieve. We all feared that the Board would do nothing to try address the issue - just as they did with Calderwood in the summer. But we've seen 5 or 6 signings (perhaps not first picks) which at least gives us some HOPE that things might improve. That's usually all that fans of a club want - hope. For sooo long we've had none due to the incredible incompetence of the Hibs Board and their appointed manager.

I agree, these players are mostly loans to get us (and the Board) out of a mess and completely untried. They are desperate signings that we really should't have had to make had the Board being doing their job. Nevertheless, Hibs fans have learned to be grateful for the scraps that the owner, Petrie and the Board have thrown us over the years. The odd cup win (every 20 years), the odd Euro trip (every 10 years) the odd Derby win (every 5 years !). It is sickening to the stomach that so many Hibs fans are actually praising Petrie and the Board for doing part of job that they are highly paid to do. We've just got to hope that Fenlon has an eye for a player, can get them to gell, and he's a master-plan in mind that will help us get better. I've been impressed with Fenlon and actually think he might be able to do the job.

As for the Board, they are rotten to the core and haven't a clue how to run a football club. you just have to try put that out of your mind when you watch the team.

Petrie doesn't get paid :wink:

HibsMax
01-02-2012, 07:23 PM
It is sickening to the stomach that so many Hibs fans have actually praising Petrie and the Board for doing part of job that they are highly paid to do.

Not a fan of incentives then? ;) People get paid to do a job but that doesn't mean you don't praise them when you think they've done well. Why should anyone in any line of work get a bonus just for doing the job they are paid to do? Why would you even thank a waiter / waitress for bringing your food to the table when that's what (s)he's paid to do?

Personally speaking I am not so much praising them but being thankful that we got through this window looking better (subjective) than before we went into it. To me, if we can collectively give the board pelters for not making enough moves in the transfer window then it follows that we can also give thanks when we see them making the moves we want them to make.

EasterRoad4Ever
01-02-2012, 07:28 PM
There's no shock whatsoever. Appoint a disinterested nonentity who couldn't sign on the dole never mind a player, and you get slagged.

Appoint a decent manager who wants to do the job, evidently works like *uck, identifies the key areas in which we need players, goes and gets them while clearing out the dross, and you get praised.

It's a performance based sport, after all. There's no real mystery in it.

The sad thing is, we've been so beaten up over the last 4 years that a lot of Hibs fans think that a manager would actually wants to do the job, works like *uck and clears out the crap is something incredible and to be celebrated. Says it all really.

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2012, 07:42 PM

Nobody has rolled over and let the Board tickle their bellies.....The Board have backed PF, who in their wildest dreams could have forseen us bringing in Claros, after two weeks training with Der Hun.........I have been the Board's fiercest critic, with e-mails sent to them voicing my displeasure, but yesterday was a statement of intent from them, and for that they should receive praise........The sole purpose is to stay in the SPL this season, and rebuild thereafter....With PF at the helm, I am now more encouraged that this will happen....

Keep the faith.........

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2012, 07:44 PM

:agree::agree:

Yesterday for me, was a real statement of intent....Long may it continue....

We now need the fans to pull together and back PF and the team........

EasterRoad4Ever
01-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Not a fan of incentives then? ;) People get paid to do a job but that doesn't mean you don't praise them when you think they've done well. Why should anyone in any line of work get a bonus just for doing the job they are paid to do? Why would you even thank a waiter / waitress for bringing your food to the table when that's what (s)he's paid to do?

Personally speaking I am not so much praising them but being thankful that we got through this window looking better (subjective) than before we went into it. To me, if we can collectively give the board pelters for not making enough moves in the transfer window then it follows that we can also give thanks when we see them making the moves we want them to make.

Bonuses are for exceptional performance and should be paid to people who competently do their job most of the time. Using your analogy, if the waiter spat in your drink the 3 or 4 previous occasions, I don't think you'd be thanking him for not spitting in your drink for once. The Board have spent some money. Sadly, it's the quality of their decisions that is suspect.

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2012, 07:47 PM
The sad thing is, we've been so beaten up over the last 4 years that a lot of Hibs fans think that a manager would actually wants to do the job, works like *uck and clears out the crap is something incredible and to be celebrated. Says it all really.

No one is celebrating, but PF has wielded the axe over players that were not good enough...

Can we not just enjoy the window, and start backing the team and PF....

Rebuilding not going to happen overnight, but PF has started to lay foundations

EasterRoad4Ever
01-02-2012, 07:57 PM
No one is celebrating, but PF has wielded the axe over players that were not good enough...

Can we not just enjoy the window, and start backing the team and PF....

Rebuilding not going to happen overnight, but PF has started to lay foundations

In all of the sorry mess that is Hibernian, Fenlon is the one bright spark, ray of hope, call it what you want.

The team are as bad as I can remember and the Board as incompetent as you can get. I'm all for Fenlon being praised for taking action, clearing out the dross and bring ing in his own men. Forgive me if this stops short of growing a tache in homage to the Petrie the Great :wink:

Seveno
01-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Can any of these people who seem to hate so much about our club, please tell me what they would have done differently ?

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2012, 08:13 PM
In all of the sorry mess that is Hibernian, Fenlon is the one bright spark, ray of hope, call it what you want.

The team are as bad as I can remember and the Board as incompetent as you can get. I'm all for Fenlon being praised for taking action, clearing out the dross and bring ing in his own men. Forgive me if this stops short of growing a tache in homage to the Petrie the Great :wink:

So, if PF is the one bright spark.....would you at least give the Board some credit for appointing him?

hhibs
01-02-2012, 08:38 PM

That pretty much sums up my view and I thank you for setting it out on this board.
As Hibs supporters we have always lived in hope but the last few years would have tried the patience of any saint.
I do think and hope(there we go again) Pat Fenlon will be a success.
As for our owners and the board ,I have no faith,no hope and no charity due to the mess they have been responsible for.

GGTTH

CentreLine
01-02-2012, 08:53 PM

:jamboid:

CentreLine
01-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Our board made a clear commitment from the outset that they would put the infrastructure in place and then address the team on the park. Slowly but surely they have done that - Training facility - Stadium - and now the team. It will not happen overnight any more than the infrastructure but we have been on an upward spiral for a number of years (oh yes we have) and we can look forward to seeing steady improvement on the pitch.
:flag:

Hermit Crab
01-02-2012, 09:14 PM
:jamboid:

Reeks of yam pish eh. LTYF

Lucius Apuleius
02-02-2012, 04:56 AM
I ****** despair. Nobody is denying the wrong managers were appointed. Their CVs were good enough and they obviously talked a good job. None of them were particularly cheap going by the salaries those ITK were quoting. All were backed by the board, within the budget, to go and get new players. They bought crap. THEY bought crap. The board did not. The board have reacted to our fans and sacked managers as "we" have called for their heads. Not saying the board are great but they have now reacted in a manner I have never seen in all my years of following Hibs by giving what appears to be huge backing to PF. The number of players out and in this window is from my memory unprecedented. The board deserve credit for it. If the players prove to be crap again, it is not the board who identified them, it was Pat Fenlons. He will stand or fall on the signings he has made. In my opinion he has made a lot of good signings after identifying areas (everybloodywhere) that needed improvement. He identified them, not the board. Lets have a little bit of optimism that the man knows what he is doing. Then again, as said before, I really do not give a flying **** what all the doomsayers and board haters say. All this crap about the board taking millions from the club, ****** grow up and face reality.

Peevemor
02-02-2012, 06:06 AM
I ****** despair. Nobody is denying the wrong managers were appointed. Their CVs were good enough and they obviously talked a good job. None of them were particularly cheap going by the salaries those ITK were quoting. All were backed by the board, within the budget, to go and get new players. They bought crap. THEY bought crap. The board did not. The board have reacted to our fans and sacked managers as "we" have called for their heads. Not saying the board are great but they have now reacted in a manner I have never seen in all my years of following Hibs by giving what appears to be huge backing to PF. The number of players out and in this window is from my memory unprecedented. The board deserve credit for it. If the players prove to be crap again, it is not the board who identified them, it was Pat Fenlons. He will stand or fall on the signings he has made. In my opinion he has made a lot of good signings after identifying areas (everybloodywhere) that needed improvement. He identified them, not the board. Lets have a little bit of optimism that the man knows what he is doing. Then again, as said before, I really do not give a flying **** what all the doomsayers and board haters say. All this crap about the board taking millions from the club, ****** grow up and face reality.

Well said Gordon! :top marks

marinello59
02-02-2012, 07:17 AM

:top marks

down the slope
02-02-2012, 07:36 AM
They, the board have only reacted to save their necks, i don't get this love in that is going on for a bunch of losers who have made some horrendous decisions with the fans money. For what it's worth i think they have at last picked a good manager but we still have Mr tight wad running the show and what is to stop them repeating the mistakes of the past ?, what a way to run a business , let all your competitors get a head start then panic when they might put you out the game , a master plan and a half !.

marinello59
02-02-2012, 07:48 AM
They, the board have only reacted to save their necks, i don't get this love in that is going on for a bunch of losers who have made some horrendous decisions with the fans money. For what it's worth i think they have at last picked a good manager but we still have Mr tight wad running the show and what is to stop them repeating the mistakes of the past ?, what a way to run a business , let all your competitors get a head start then panic when they might put you out the game , a master plan and a half !.

Why do you feel the need to sneer and put down your fellow fans in such an aggressive manner. I don't see a love in, I see credit being given where it is due for the transfer window dealings. Many of those saying well done are amongst the boards biggest critics. None of us are under any illusion that we are still in deep trouble just now. However concentrating on the positives for now until we are out of this hole can only be a good thing. We have to build on any positives we have. Don't we? It's not a time for self indulgent whining.

BT58
02-02-2012, 07:50 AM
PF has identified the areas which have needed strengthened/replaced,,, the board have backed their manager,, loan deals may not be the ideal way,, however, its a bit of a gamble on both sides, we may find weve got a gem, HFC can renegociate ( sp ) with said loanees
This season is a washout,, if we can stay ahead of dunfermline then great,,PF now has HIS team to mould
Hopefully we will get some wins at ER,,,,,,,lol

Captain Trips
02-02-2012, 07:57 AM
This transfer window for me is all about PF, the board do not come into it. PF has a budget he has used some, most or all of it to bring in some players. The budget was in place so I do not see why the board are getting so much either credit or possible blame for these players.

All PF has done like every other SPL team manager is spend his budget as he is supposed to do so I do not see what the board have done from every other window to get credit. I see some are mentioning full backing, he is supposed to get that anything less isnt on, and on that did he get all his targets?

If these players are good or bad then it is all on PF just now, I am hopefull they are going to be good and we will now start to see what PF can offer, if these guys are good now, backed with more good in summer PF will have proven to be good manager and good choice and Petrie will get credit, if it went other way then Petrie etc come into it again, but for now this is Fenlon's window.

Mikeystewart
02-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Nonsense, players like Claros and Kujabi have relative to Hibs a proven pedigree at international level.

Why on earth would this board infamous for penny pinching decide to sack a quarter of the squad and bring in guys they didn't think where any better.

I am still of the mentality of wait and see how good they are before I start to sing their praises. We need to give credit where it is due, the board and PF have at least made an attempt to rectify the issue.

Anyone who thinks we have the money to improve this squad is completely deluding themselves, loans where the only viable option. All the players on loan will (should) be hungry to show what they can do to try and get into the first team of their parent club.

ahibby
02-02-2012, 08:32 AM
This thread is so polar that it's making me dizzy. I now feel that I am sitting in the middle where as before I thought I was anti board. I read people berating the board despite what they have done in this window and others blaming the managers for having decent cvs but failing at Hibs. The same managers who were successful at Kilmarnock and Falkirk. The board sanctions the players coming in and often suggest the players and put players in front of managers noses. I am not convinced that the managers are to blame, when they are succcessful elsewhere. The problem lies deeper than the mangers who were appointed by the board. On the other hand we might be moving in the right direction now and the board and the manager should have our support through the next stage. It's time to get off everyones back until we see how this pans out.

RIP
02-02-2012, 09:08 AM
I am a big supporter of the board and having met a number of directors and managers over the past couple of years, it's amazing the hours they put in for a job they love. To talk rudely about people you don't have a clue about just reeks of nae class and I can't believe any good Hibby would resort to that. Fife, Scott, Jamie, Andrew, Russell devote long days to the club for less money than some of us earn.

You either believe they are short on expertise on football strategy on you don't. Petrie apparently recognised this shortfall by offering Gordon Strachan the job of Director of Football. I would still prefer John Collins. John is a bright, articulate guy whose ideas on fitness, lifestyle, youth development and basic skills are just what we need. He wasn't strong on player recruitment (budgets?) and people management but had us playing 'the Hibs way'. IMO that's what I've missed the past few seasons.

The lack of a viable squad-building strategy has got us deeper and deeper in the mire. A couple of seasons ago we added four main signings, last year six and this year nine. The hole we have dug for ourselves is getting so big we now need a team of JCB's to dig us oot. It's February and wee Pat has 3 months to build a settled team and keep us up. Gaun yersel' wee man..

But a lot of commentators (Stanton, Kane, journalists) are reporting a case of Deja Vu. History is repeating itself - new manger - new squad. The Easter Road revolving door is cited as the cause of our problems - not the cure. Here's hoping the board recognise their failings and are actively developing a longer term plan to build a winning team. Here's to NO signings next January :greengrin

GGTTH :flag:

Seveno
02-02-2012, 11:59 AM
' Can any of these people who seem to hate so much about our club, please tell me what they would have done differently ? '

I posted this yesterday. Still waiting to hear.

allezsauzee
02-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Aye what a bunch of w**kers the board are for managing the finances of this club on a sustainable basis...I'd much prefer we were up to our eyeballs in debt to win 2 trophies in 50 years like our dear neighbours. I can understand the frustration when we have apparently lost out on players to the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren and Motherwell but if it actually the case that these clubs are offering better wages than us then they are spending outwith their means and will end up paying for it in the end. It's true that the last 3 managers have not done that well, but there wasn't anything on their CVs to suggest that it wouldn't work out and they have all been allowed to sign their own players , so the responsibility for our predicament lies with the former managers not the board.

Greentinted
02-02-2012, 12:46 PM
It was fairly clear, particularly from the summer onwards that CC was merely biding his time, picking up a wage he hadn't earned and had little interest in earning. Sure, those at board level must accept some culpability for the decline in the lest few years but I doubt very much if they set out to pick turkeys - as another thread pointed out, it's not as if they didn't back the managers they appointed, it was a case of appointing the wrong men for the job (at the time). And let's face it most appointments are a gamble; some you win (Mowbray, and arguably Collins), some you lose (Hughes and Calderwood) and while ER and EM are equipped with many a ball, none, sadly are of the crystal variety.

Like most of us, PF took little time to assess the playing squad and concluded that emergency surgery was required, that is the main thing. He has brought in the personnel he believes can secure us SPL status and buy time until the reconstruction can continue in earnest during the close season. This plan has evidently been endorsed at boardroom level and while there have been many (including my humble self) who have vociferously criticised Petrie et-al, it would appear that they too have learned from their mistakes - as much as many think otherwise, they are human and are allowed to err. The trick is not to repeat the folly.

Much rather be where we are than wobbling on a precipice staring into the abyss...

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2012, 01:04 PM

Agree completely, but that's how far we've fallen and we need to address that. In my view we finally are, and are starting to behave like a club of our size and stature again. What's impressed me about Fenlon is that he seems as genuinely disgusted and offended as we are that a club like Hibs has been so mismanaged on the park. He's not playing to the gallery with soundbites, or going all glassy-eyed about 'the facilities', he's working his hee-haws off to get us back where we belong.

Won't happen overnight, and if I'm being honest, the Killie game might be one that comes too early, but we're finally taking the proper steps.

HibsMax
02-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Bonuses are for exceptional performance and should be paid to people who competently do their job most of the time. Using your analogy, if the waiter spat in your drink the 3 or 4 previous occasions, I don't think you'd be thanking him for not spitting in your drink for once. The Board have spent some money. Sadly, it's the quality of their decisions that is suspect.

Sometimes bonuses are for exceptional performances, but not always. Anyway, I am not talking about giving the board a bonus, I was just using that as an example. I'm just saying that under the circumstances I think we can break the trend and say, "Well done" (for now).

Barney McGrew
02-02-2012, 05:13 PM
' Can any of these people who seem to hate so much about our club, please tell me what they would have done differently ? '

I posted this yesterday. Still waiting to hear.

Funny, I'm still waiting for some clarity on how STF has taken 'mega cash' out of Hibs too.

It seems to me that some posters drop their bomb and then leave everyone else to argue about the fallout. They're like the online equivalent of the guy that farts in a lift just before he gets out.

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Am I the only one here who smells a :monkey1:?

The points made are very similar to comments made by yams at my college and views shared over on kiddyfiddlersareback.co.uk :agree:

Just my opinion of course...

Seveno
02-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Am I the only one here who smells a :monkey1:?

The points made are very similar to comments made by yams at my college and views shared over on kiddyfiddlersareback.co.uk :agree:

Just my opinion of course...

I think that you could be on to something here Sherlock. :cb

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I think that you could be on to something here Sherlock. :cb

Just a hunch. I know it can be all too easy on here to jump to conclusions about negative threads/posts but something smells yamish about the OP.

Whilst I agree our new signings guarantee nothing and won't change everyone's opinions about RP & the board, I just find it a bit odd for an anti-board (Farmer in particular) post to pop up immediately after a very exciting and interesting transfer window.

I went into college on Wed and was hit with much of the same comments by a couple of yams and have come across similar points made when carrying out covert surveillance across the road. :nerd:

As soon as I read the post appear on here it just seemed uncanny.

For the record I ripped the guys at college as per usual....:cb

Seveno
02-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Just a hunch. I know it can be all too easy on here to jump to conclusions about negative threads/posts but something smells yamish about the OP.

Whilst I agree our new signings guarantee nothing and won't change everyone's opinions about RP & the board, I just find it a bit odd for an anti-board (Farmer in particular) post to pop up immediately after a very exciting and interesting transfer window.

I went into college on Wed and was hit with much of the same comments by a couple of yams and have come across similar points made when carrying out covert surveillance across the road. :nerd:

As soon as I read the post appear on here it just seemed uncanny.

For the record I ripped the guys at college as per usual....:cb

Stay vigilant. Take notes. Learn karate.

Liberal Hibby
02-02-2012, 10:30 PM
I am a big supporter of the board and having met a number of directors and managers over the past couple of years, it's amazing the hours they put in for a job they love. To talk rudely about people you don't have a clue about just reeks of nae class and I can't believe any good Hibby would resort to that. Fife, Scott, Jamie, Andrew, Russell devote long days to the club for less money than some of us earn.

You either believe they are short on expertise on football strategy on you don't. Petrie apparently recognised this shortfall by offering Gordon Strachan the job of Director of Football. I would still prefer John Collins. John is a bright, articulate guy whose ideas on fitness, lifestyle, youth development and basic skills are just what we need. He wasn't strong on player recruitment (budgets?) and people management but had us playing 'the Hibs way'. IMO that's what I've missed the past few seasons.

The lack of a viable squad-building strategy has got us deeper and deeper in the mire. A couple of seasons ago we added four main signings, last year six and this year nine. The hole we have dug for ourselves is getting so big we now need a team of JCB's to dig us oot. It's February and wee Pat has 3 months to build a settled team and keep us up. Gaun yersel' wee man..

But a lot of commentators (Stanton, Kane, journalists) are reporting a case of Deja Vu. History is repeating itself - new manger - new squad. The Easter Road revolving door is cited as the cause of our problems - not the cure. Here's hoping the board recognise their failings and are actively developing a longer term plan to build a winning team. Here's to NO signings next January :greengrin

GGTTH :flag:

Well said!