PDA

View Full Version : Time to boycott stv.tv/edinburgh

silverhibee
01-02-2012, 05:28 PM
It is ment to report on stuff from Edinburgh, every time the sports news come's on it always about Rugby:rolleyes: and the Old Firm, it just had a bit about the ins and outs at Hibs, it went that fast i missed it, then they went straight to rankers and there problems and gave it good coverage.

As i said lets boycott this crap news programme if they dont start talking about the sport and football from Edinburgh.

Bugs me so it does.

Sure Baldy will agree. :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
01-02-2012, 05:37 PM
The program is utter s****.

Elephant Stone
01-02-2012, 05:40 PM
It's so embarrassingly amateur I couldn't care less if they spoke about Hibs on it or not.

mentalhibee
01-02-2012, 05:52 PM
No mention of the Hibs signing's on BBC Scotland news either....what a joke.

Last Minute
01-02-2012, 06:24 PM
It is a joke, every night is the same lucky if you get 20 seconds on hibs then it's jump back to Glasgow . She did say at the end speaking to the new hibs signings tomorrow, let's see how long we get. Stv Edinburgh is one big joke

jdships
01-02-2012, 06:46 PM
It's so embarrassingly amateur I couldn't care less if they spoke about Hibs on it or not.

:thumbsup:
I stopped watching STV news programme many moons ago but when " STV tv/Edinburgh " started up I gave it a try .
Two evenings was enough !
My thought was " Hope to god no one outside of Scotland is watching this c..p "
Real " Local Amateur Dramatic Club" standard
No disrespect to LADC but STV purports to be a professional organisation !!
The sad thing now is the whole set up across the board at STV is pathetic :rolleyes:

SMAXXA
01-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Glad you mentioned this, I went down to ma mas for tea last night and contemplated chucking ma chicken kiev at the telly, had second thoughts cause she had overcoked it that much it would have went through the plasma, ken that wiy the garlic butter gets evaporated, nae gid.

Anyway back on topic, they cut to the Edinburgh studio and spent 80% of the short time talking about Rudi ****bag resigning and other Hearts guff and done a token 2 seconds on Hibs, a couldnt believe it, missed most of the simpsons waiting for a 2 second bit was raging, mind the night did get better. :greengrin

beensaidbefore
01-02-2012, 07:13 PM
i dont think there is any bias towards the west coast teams at all...:cb

HibsMax
01-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Crappy sports coverage in Scotland reminds me of trouble in the Middle East, it will last till long after I'm dead.

keep the faith
01-02-2012, 07:20 PM
To be fair the women ended the sports report by saying "tomorrow we will be speaking to Hibs new signings.

My guess is Hibs doing media stuff tomorrow.

SMAXXA
01-02-2012, 07:29 PM
To be fair the women ended the sports report by saying "tomorrow we will be speaking to Hibs new signings.

My guess is Hibs doing media stuff tomorrow.

Does she speak fluent spanish for Jorge :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2012, 07:33 PM
It is ment to report on stuff from Edinburgh, every time the sports news come's on it always about Rugby:rolleyes: and the Old Firm, it just had a bit about the ins and outs at Hibs, it went that fast i missed it, then they went straight to rankers and there problems and gave it good coverage.

As i said lets boycott this crap news programme if they dont start talking about the sport and football from Edinburgh.

Bugs me so it does.

Unbelievable.......Tonight Rugby, a snippet about local teams ins and outs, then a few minutes spent on Der Hun, interviewing some nominated fandango, with the backdrop of Princes Street....Raging.....

.Sean.
01-02-2012, 07:33 PM

The coverage on Television of the Scottish game as a whole is cringeworthy, from the laughable Spotscene to the embarassing opening titles of televised matches. Some shocking pundits in the Media.

Needs a massive overhaul.

Kato
01-02-2012, 08:15 PM
My thought was " Hope to god no one outside of Scotland is watching this c..p "
:agree:
It's RTV.

Riddy Television.

McD
01-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Its the same in all forms of scottish media.

Picked up a copy of the sun (big mistake I know) lying around earlier, to see what they were saying about us signing 4 players, pretty much as many as the rest of the SPL put together, what do you see?

3 pages of jelavic leaving, and rangers woes, and how dare Norwich not accept the mighty gers paltry offer for their captain and fans favourite

another 2 pages of celtic signing another no mark forward

And finally a small article down half of one side of a page 5 pages in, noting Hibs signing a player that rangers had on trial ( :na na: ), oh and by the way, a couple of other lads too.

I gave up with the scottish weegia a long time ago, they don't give a toss about us unless its an opportunity to curry favour with rantic.

HiBremian
01-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Glad you mentioned this, I went down to ma mas for tea last night and contemplated chucking ma chicken kiev at the telly, had second thoughts cause she had overcoked it that much it would have went through the plasma, ken that wiy the garlic butter gets evaporated, nae gid.

Anyway back on topic, they cut to the Edinburgh studio and spent 80% of the short time talking about Rudi ****bag resigning and other Hearts guff and done a token 2 seconds on Hibs, a couldnt believe it, missed most of the simpsons waiting for a 2 second bit was raging, mind the night did get better. :greengrin

SMAXXA, get yersel a job on STV as a news scriptwriter, quick. F@rkin great report from yer livin' room. Wis the chicken kiev frae Aldi?

R'Albin
01-02-2012, 08:31 PM
The coverage on Television of the Scottish game as a whole is cringeworthy, from the laughable Spotscene to the embarassing opening titles of televised matches. Some shocking pundits in the Media.

Needs a massive overhaul.

Definately, fed up with pish coverage of our games.

For starters whichever show it is showing the Scottish highlights needs to be Saturday night. Pathetic that I can't even watch our team's highlights until Sunday 6PM when I can see the EPL highlights almost 24hrs earlier. It would also be good if we could get a half an hour show on somewhere like that STV one but not ****. Completely fair amount of time to each game and some decent discussion about it.

Open all mics need to punt most the pundits and get some fair pundits in who don't show blatant bias to certain teams.

Oh and make sure that everyone that does radio commentary are easy to understand. Most of them are decent enough but once or twice, St Johnstone away last season for example where I can hardly tell what the commentator is saying. Oh and most importantly keep that semi-literate buffoon Yogi Hughes away from a microphone of any kind.

Maybe if they improved some of these areas Scottish football wouldn't look quite so cheap.

SMAXXA
01-02-2012, 08:34 PM
SMAXXA, get yersel a job on STV as a news scriptwriter, quick. F@rkin great report from yer livin' room. Wis the chicken kiev frae Aldi?

:greengrin

Am no to shure mate, it was in the oven when a got there and there was packaging evidence anywhere to be seen, am guessing it was Iceland, thats why mums go to Iceland :wink:

HiBremian
01-02-2012, 09:06 PM
:greengrin

Am no to shure mate, it was in the oven when a got there and there was packaging evidence anywhere to be seen, am guessing it was Iceland, thats why mums go to Iceland :wink:

Explains it. Iceland is a bust flush. Look at Victor Palsson.

Whos-the-poster
02-02-2012, 03:57 AM
The only thing going for it is presenter Juliet Dunlop, there's just something about her :love ya!:

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-02-2012, 08:25 AM
When the Edinburgh edition first started this was the first thing I had noticed and promptly sent off a stinging email to them, nothing really changed for a week or so so I sent off another email this time bordering on sheer cheek :greengrin

There is times the toothy presenter just can't wait to get Edinburgh teams out of the way to talk about the ugly sisters.

Time for a mass email protest me thinks, unbelievable we have to put up with this garbage.

Golden Bear
02-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Bovvered?! - it's only 2 mins of news coverage after all.

:cool2:

dangermouse
02-02-2012, 08:42 AM
When the Edinburgh edition first started this was the first thing I had noticed and promptly sent off a stinging email to them, nothing really changed for a week or so so I sent off another email this time bordering on sheer cheek :greengrin

There is times the toothy presenter just can't wait to get Edinburgh teams out of the way to talk about the ugly sisters.

Time for a mass email protest me thinks, unbelievable we have to put up with this garbage.

Proof Red Rum is alive and well and working for STV.

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2012, 09:46 AM

Bugs me so it does.

A dinnae like the birds teeth

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Proof Red Rum is alive and well and working for STV.

Both the presenters are a dentists dream!

:agree:

:thumbsup:

JohnScott
02-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Not just STV guys. I know many on here cringe at the words- Scottish Daily Record but many of us outside Scotland rely on it for up to date coverage. Its available in most towns and cities down south. However it seems like there's been a news blackout from ER. Two days after our signing spree there's still no mention of who the players are! Yesterdays paper had a piece on deadline day up to 9pm that mentioned some of our signings. Today? No mention of Hibs whatsoever. Does anyone know if PF is blanking the Record after Mondays report by Keith Jackson. Just curious.

Moulin Yarns
02-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I never watch the STV news at it has no relevence to where I stay. See these regional opt-outs they do, I get the Aberdeen one, so was unable to watch my starring role on Monday :greengrin

A public exhibition about the dualling of the A9 from Luncarty to Dunkeld is very relevant to those communities that live along it, but no, STV stick it in the Dundee opt-out so all points north of Dunkeld missed out.

What a handsome guy that is looking at the exhibition though :wink:

http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/road/projects/A9-Pass-of-Birnam-to-Tay-Crossing

Billy Whizz
02-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Hibs mentioned in the headlines. Someone must be reading Hibs.net

Gerard
02-02-2012, 05:26 PM
The only thing going for it is presenter Juliet Dunlop, there's just something about her :love ya!:

I like her...... she is blonde:wink:

Golden Bear
02-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Meet the new players on Reporting Scotland coming up shortly.

skipster7
02-02-2012, 06:10 PM
a good piece tonight,interview with soares and fenlon plus photoshoot.claros not avaliable for saturday.

SquashedFrogg
02-02-2012, 06:18 PM
a good piece tonight,interview with soares and fenlon plus photoshoot.claros not avaliable for saturday.

More importantly, how was her teeth?

Jack
06-02-2012, 08:45 AM
m.stv.tv/sport/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/296400-hibs-defender-humbled-after-victory/

Check out the photo they've used.

I wondered where the hell this was for a minute then realised it was when the East was being rebuilt. One of the best stadia in Scotland and they see fit to show it as a building site from 3 years ago. Very poor show.

leither17
06-02-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm just watching it now and I think they showed every scottish cup goal except us on to golf now

Mark79
06-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm just watching it now and I think they showed every scottish cup goal except us on to golf now

Definately. Useless *********s.

leither17
06-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Definately. Useless *********s.

I thought I was going nuts and missed it that's shocking from an edinburgh station

SMAXXA
06-02-2012, 05:27 PM

Was about to post the same thing, useless *******, unless they have read this thread and some wideo at stv is at it, pretty poor stuff if you ask me. Our first home win in ages and they don't even show it haha choobes

down-the-slope
06-02-2012, 05:42 PM
I never watch the STV news at it has no relevence to where I stay. See these regional opt-outs they do, I get the Aberdeen one, so was unable to watch my starring role on Monday :greengrin

A public exhibition about the dualling of the A9 from Luncarty to Dunkeld is very relevant to those communities that live along it, but no, STV stick it in the Dundee opt-out so all points north of Dunkeld missed out.

What a handsome guy that is looking at the exhibition though :wink:

http://www.transportscotland.gov.uk/road/projects/A9-Pass-of-Birnam-to-Tay-Crossing

Couldnt be happier...that will take another 10 mins of the trip to my Highland shack :greengrin

silverhibee
06-02-2012, 05:54 PM
What a joke STV news is, reporting for Edinburgh news and sport and dont even show our goal from the weekend.

:wtf:

whiskyhibby
06-02-2012, 06:09 PM

Bugs me so it does.

Its a West coast biased programme that I never watch, never have or ever will

NOLA
06-02-2012, 10:01 PM
are Stv not owned by SMG? if so do SMG still have some investment in hertz, could explain the "subtle" exclusion of any hibs news

SteveHFC
06-02-2012, 10:06 PM
We should write a complain to them about how STV are f****** joke of a tv station.

Moulin Yarns
07-02-2012, 05:17 AM
Couldnt be happier...that will take another 10 mins of the trip to my Highland shack :greengrin

Work is due to start in 2017, and will mean a 40mph spead limit while the work is gooing on. Would you like to revise your estimate of time savings :greengrin

silverhibee
07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
And once again not a mention of Hibs on there sh***y news programme.

STV. What a joke.

leither17
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
And once again not a mention of Hibs on there sh***y news programme.

STV. What a joke.

I only watch it now to see if they mention us at all

The_Exile
07-02-2012, 06:51 PM
I'd only watch stv if they had Judith Ralston telling me its going to be moist outside, gawn yersel Judith doll!

DCI Gene Hunt
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Don't watch STV Edinburgh due to my location, but up here in the Heelands it's just as bad on Grampian. Sellick, Rainjurs, Sellick, Sellick, Rainjurs, more Rainjurs, Sellick Sellick Sellick, Rainjurs Rainjurs and more Rainjurs. :yawn:

Not just STV either. BBC give us 10 minutes of Old Firm keech before squeezing in a wee token bit on some other teams after it. Papers - 6+ pages of sheecht about Rainjurs and Sellick, mostly complete tosh with no interest at all, whilst everyone else gets a wee column at the side, if they're lucky half a page.

Have given up on the media. I get what I need from Hibs.net :agree:

Gene