PDA

View Full Version : Team for Saturday?

TheGreenMan
31-01-2012, 09:53 PM
After all the new players we've signed, how would you line up?

Brown

Francomb/Doherty/McPake/RobertoCarlos

----------Soares Ozzy Claros------------

------Doyle---------------------O'Donovan

-------------------GOC--------------------

Monts
31-01-2012, 09:54 PM
After all the new players we've signed, how would you line up?

Brown

Francomb/Doherty/McPake/RobertoCarlos

Soares Ozzy Claros

Doyle Griffiths
GOC

Griffiths is suspended

TheGreenMan
31-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Griffiths is suspended

Change made :greengrin

SGHIBEE
31-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Sorry not seen it posted but I take it all the loan players will be eligible for the weekend?

calumhibee1
31-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Stack
Francomb McPake Hanlon Rab Carlos

Soares Ozzy Stevenson Honduran Doyle

O'Connor

Monts
31-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Stack
Doherty McPake Hanlon Pasa
Francomb Soares Claros Ozzy R O'D
Doyle

Wotherspiniesta
31-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Piles

Sandaza'sHairbrush SitDown Pete Psycho

Aches SilenceoftheFoulkes Australian PhoneBox

TankCommander BoltonManager

Cropley10
31-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Piles

Sandaza'sHairbrush SitDown Pete Psycho

Aches SilenceoftheFoulkes Australian PhoneBox

TankCommander BoltonManager

Where's Speedway when you need him? :greengrin: :wink:

Northernhibee
31-01-2012, 10:42 PM
--------------------Stack-------------------
Francombe---Doherty----McPake---R. Carlos

Soares------Ozzy----Claros--------Booth---

----------Doyle---------Gaz----------------

hfc rd
31-01-2012, 10:49 PM
With my b-day coming up this sat, I really hope this new look hibs team can make it a day to remember for myself and every other hibs fan as the last time my b-day fell on the same day as a hibs game, we humped those skint blue nosed a****** 3-0 at ibrox in the same competition. Could prove to be a good omen?
Anyways this would be my team:-

Brown

Doherty
Mcpake
Hanlon
Pa

Francombe
Soares
Osbourne
Claros
Booth

O'Connor

Subs:
Brown
Stephens
Stevenson
O'Donovan
Doyle

Sir David Gray
31-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Brown

Kujabi
Hanlon
McPake
Doherty

Booth
Soares
Claros
O'Donovan

Doyle
O'Connor

SUBS

Stack
Stephens
Francomb
Osbourne
Sproule

Iain G
31-01-2012, 10:51 PM
--------------------Stack-------------------
Francombe---Doherty----McPake---R. Carlos

Soares------Ozzy----Claros--------Booth---

----------Doyle---------Gaz----------------

I would go with that, providing the new guys are all match fit and ready and raring to go! We have a decent squad now with players on the subs bench (when all are fit and not suspended!) who can come on and make a difference in games.

Frogga
31-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Would feel for Stevenson if he got dropped. He's been about the only player who (until now hopefully :wink:) has consistently showed commitment, a good attitude and a real desire to get us out of this mess. Shame for him that Claros seems to be quite a similar type of player by the sounds of it.

LeithBoozy
31-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Stack
Francomb McPake Doherty Kujabi
Claros Soares Osbourne
O'Donovan O'Conner Doyle

SteveHFC
31-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Stack
Francomb
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi
Saores
Claros
Osbourne
Stevenson
Doyle
O'Connor

Subs:
Brown
Doherty
Sproule
Booth
O'Donovan

Hibeesmad
31-01-2012, 11:26 PM
My team for Saturday would be:

Stack
Francomb
Mcpake
Hanlon
Kajabi
Sproule
Soares
Osbourne
Claros
O'donovan
O'connor

Brebners Bookie
31-01-2012, 11:42 PM
..........................Stack

Doherty.......McPake.....Hanlon.....Kujabi

.........................Claros

..........Spoony/Francombe....Ozzy

Soares.........................................Boo th

...........................Gaz

I win.

Ultrabee1-0
01-02-2012, 12:24 AM
GK - Stack
RB - wotherspoon
CB'S - mcpake&doherty
LB - booth

RM - francombe

CM'S - scott&claros
LM - soares

ST'S - doyle&o'donovan:agree:

:flag::pfgwa

KWJ
01-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Thought Doherty was a right back? Are people mistaking him for Gary Doherty? Or am I blethering.

Iain G
01-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Thought Doherty was a right back? Are people mistaking him for Gary Doherty? Or am I blethering.

He can play both RB and Centre Back by the sounds of it :agree:

KWJ
01-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Ah cool. I do think I'd rather stick with experience at the back for now and so I'd go with McPake and perhaps Hanlon rather than throwing another youngster in there.

basehibby
01-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Assuming all fit..

=========Brown==========

Francombe - McPake - Hanlon - Kujabi

Soares - Osbourne - Claros - Sproule

--------O'Connor - Doyle -----------------

Assuming 5 on the bench

Stack, Booth, Doherty, Stevenson, O'Donovan

sven nil
01-02-2012, 05:03 AM
And not to forget its only £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s .lets fill er to the rafters!

Aldo
01-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Can someone please tell me why they pick Sproule in the starting 11. Total and utter waste of a jersey IMHO.

Impact sub at best

PeeJay
01-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Can't quite see too many of the new guys getting a game straight away: how we can play as a "team" with everyone getting to know each other at such short notice - won't a disjointed unit play straight into the hands of a well-organised Killmarnock team?
Then again - compared with the way we've been performing recently - maybe it doesn't really matter...

Love the Green
01-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Can't quite see too many of the new guys getting a game straight away: how we can play as a "team" with everyone getting to know each other at such short notice - won't a disjointed unit play straight into the hands of a well-organised Killmarnock team?
Then again - compared with the way we've been performing recently - maybe it doesn't really matter...

Is that not how we have been playing all season?
also cant believe so many people on here can pick Hanlon, great early promise but the boy is a bomb scare and culpable for many goals lost over the past few seasons.
Like many people on here would love to see all the young lads do well but spoony and hanlon have gone backwards and booth has confrimed he is no LB.

"KEEP THE FAITH"

Craig_in_Prague
01-02-2012, 08:20 AM
If they are all fit and ready, play them all.

Football really isn't that complicated.. Good players just go out and play football.
They don't need telling how to mark, or make space, or make use of the ball etc..... Just tell them their position, then out you go and play.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2012, 08:26 AM
I'd normally be against throwing so many players in straight away, but we are sheite. How can it be any worse than we have previously been watching?

FastEddieFelson
01-02-2012, 08:35 AM
And not to forget its only £10 for adults and £5 for under 16s .lets fill er to the rafters!

is it?

doubt we'll see as many new faces starting as most people on this thread are predicting.

Stevie Reid
01-02-2012, 08:39 AM
I'd normally be against throwing so many players in straight away, but we are sheite. How can it be any worse than we have previously been watching?

Yep, was discussing this this morning - would normally have serious qualms about playing a whole new back four, but we couldn't possibly defend any worse than we have been, so get them in.

PeeJay
01-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Football really isn't that complicated.. Good players just go out and play football.
They don't need telling how to mark, or make space, or make use of the ball etc..... Just tell them their position, then out you go and play.

Do you really believe this? - Barcelona, e.g. are brilliant not only because they are "good players", but because they work extremely hard at honing the fine art they produce on the park as a team - that team (OK maybe a step too far for us to dream of attaining) doesn't just turn up and play football - I would argue (and interviews from the Barcelona stars would sem to back this up) that the hard work and all the "complicated" bits have been undertaken before they step out onto the turf - they know exactly what they are doing, where they should be at any given time, who will be available to help them and how to apply themselves tactically to any given situation - being a good footballer is part of it, but only part, surely?

Andy74
01-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Looks like all the new guys will be comfortable with a football which is a plus. We shouldn't need to worry too much about the sight of Stevenson and Wotherspoon wondering what to do with the thing before losing it.

So many new players also addresses the confidence thing, most of these guys are not burdened with all that has gone before.

Get them all in I say.

Slightly surprised at the two youngish right backs and not making one of those a more experienced centre half but I guess we didn't get what we wanted on that front.

Craig_in_Prague
01-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Do you really believe this? - Barcelona, e.g. are brilliant not only because they are "good players", but because they work extremely hard at honing the fine art they produce on the park as a team - that team (OK maybe a step too far for us to dream of attaining) doesn't just turn up and play football - I would argue (and interviews from the Barcelona stars would sem to back this up) that the hard work and all the "complicated" bits have been undertaken before they step out onto the turf - they know exactly what they are doing, where they should be at any given time, who will be available to help them and how to apply themselves tactically to any given situation - being a good footballer is part of it, but only part, surely?

Well Barcelona are perhaps the best team of ALL TIME.
So of course, to get like that, it's not as simple and picking a team and putting your feet up. He has them working extremely hard off the ball (and holds each of them responsible for it), whilst they have perhaps 3-4 of the best players of all time.

We are playing in the SPL that is lacking in quality. Hard work and make as few mistakes as possible, goes a very long way to accumulating points.
So quite simply, I think having better players that are just naturally better at marking, using the ball, making space etc, will see an improvement to us. We are not trying to be a Barcelona, just earn more points than Dunfermline between now and May!

I play 5-a-sides and occassionally 11's... we have no manager, yet the good players, do good things, hold their positions, mark their man, use the ball well, etc... without anyone telling them anything.... so yes I do believe that football is not a science.

JimBHibees
01-02-2012, 08:55 AM
My team would be

Stack

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Carlos :greengrin

Soares
Osbourne
Claros
ROD

GOC
Doyle

PeeJay
01-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Well Barcelona are perhaps the best team of ALL TIME.
So of course, to get like that, it's not as simple and picking a team and putting your feet up. He has them working extremely hard off the ball (and holds each of them responsible for it), whilst they have perhaps 3-4 of the best players of all time.

We are playing in the SPL that is lacking in quality. Hard work and make as few mistakes as possible, goes a very long way to accumulating points.
So quite simply, I think having better players that are just naturally better at marking, using the ball, making space etc, will see an improvement to us. We are not trying to be a Barcelona, just earn more points than Dunfermline between now and May!

I play 5-a-sides and occassionally 11's... we have no manager, yet the good players, do good things, hold their positions, mark their man, use the ball well, etc... without anyone telling them anything.... so yes I do believe that football is not a science.

Some fair points - don't think it's a science, but achievement is down to talent mixed copiously with lots of hard work and application: something that's been missing at ER for some time - still, here's hoping!:greengrin

HibbyKeith
01-02-2012, 09:11 AM
I dont think that's the prices, while im not sure about the kids prices I'm pretty sure that it's £15per adult if you get your ticket before match day, and £20.00 per adult on the day itself.

Judas Iscariot
01-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Stack

Francombe McPake Hanlon Kujabi

Sproule Soares Jorge Osbourne O'Donovan

Doyle

Subs

Brown
Doherty
Stevenson
Booth
O'Connor

AlbertK86
01-02-2012, 09:45 AM
My team would be

Stack

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon

Soares
Osbourne
Claros
ROD
U
GOC
Doyle

I would swap Francomb for Hanlon and put Doherty in CB. Hanlon has been major problem with his reluctance to put a decent challenge in

GreenPJ
01-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Brown
Francombe
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi
Wotherspoon
Claros
Ozzy
Stevenson/Booth
Doyle
GOC

stokesmessiah
01-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Stack

Francombe McPake Hanlon Kujabi

Sproule Soares Jorge Osbourne O'Donovan

Doyle

Subs

Brown
Doherty
Stevenson
Booth
O'Connor

I would not have Sproule anywhere near the starting 11. Put him back to what he was the first time round an impact sub as he has shown nothing since his return to merit being picked in my eyes.

sundo1875
01-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Stack
Francomb
Doherty
Hanlon
Kujabi

Soares
Stanton
Cralos
Osbourne
Booth

Doyle

Feed McGraw
01-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Is that not how we have been playing all season?
also cant believe so many people on here can pick Hanlon, great early promise but the boy is a bomb scare and culpable for many goals lost over the past few seasons.
Like many people on here would love to see all the young lads do well but spoony and hanlon have gone backwards and booth has confrimed he is no LB.

"KEEP THE FAITH"

Totally agree. It truly is strange how so many people pick him in the side , especially now that we have new players to choose from. I really hope Doherty can play CB as well.

.Sean.
01-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Stack

Francombe
Doherty
McPake
Psycho

Soares
Osbourne
Claros
Stevenson
Booth

Doyle

Wotherspiniesta
01-02-2012, 12:11 PM
I would not have Sproule anywhere near the starting 11. Put him back to what he was the first time round an impact sub as he has shown nothing since his return to merit being picked in my eyes.

:agree:

I've been so disappointed by Sproule since he resigned. I thought maybe since he's lost a bit of pace, maybe he'd learn how to cross or pass the ball, but his final ball is even worse than his first time around IMO.

basehibby
01-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Can someone please tell me why they pick Sproule in the starting 11. Total and utter waste of a jersey IMHO.

Impact sub at best

One of the few to have a good game on saturday - so has earned his place this week IMO.

Albion Hibs
01-02-2012, 12:30 PM
I would go for;

Stack

Doherty / McPake / Hanlon / Booth

Francomb / Claros / Osbourne / Sproule

Soares

O'Connor

I perhaps even think there are too many new faces in the above. Mindful that we are playing against a well organised team that is generally pretty unchanged, so too many changes is not likely to help us, especially when most new guys will be lacking match fitness and have made maybe 3 training sessions together.

They have destroyed us down the left before so I would put Osboune that side to help out a little more defensively. Booth scored in his last game at ER and played a part in our winning goal against Dunfermline, so would like to see him play.

Lets get to the next round and see if we cant progress and give us something postive to look back on this season.

supersauzee
01-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Stack
Claros Soares Osbourne
O'Donovan O'Conner Doyle

My team for this sat exactly!! :greengrin

But a really dont know why alot of people still insist on having Hanlon in their team. He along with O'hanlon have been the root of our defensive problems!! he is not good enough and needs shipped out too!! too many schoolboy errors on a regular basis, too small and not quik and strong enough!

Sorry to be negative on such an exciting day for the Hibees, hopefully we can get back to winning ways! :thumbsup:

Pete
02-02-2012, 04:46 AM
If I'm being honest I haven't got a clue as I still can't get my head round all of these signings. In a good way of course.

I'm just going to wait and see as this window has been mental, especially the last few days. I've never seen activity like this.

A certain song says "We will fight"...and we're not going down without a fight. The board must be congratulated as i think they have done more than enough since sacking Calderwood to not only ensure our safety but lay the foundations for recovery.

I think we'll stay up and next season relegation will be for other teams to worry about. Those with smaller budgets, facilities, and those with care-free spending policies in the past will be the ones worrying about things like that.

Cocaine&Caviar
02-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Claros is out of Saturdays game accoring to EEN

Franck is God
02-02-2012, 11:40 AM
It's difficult to pick a team without having seen many of the players on the pitch yet but you have to expect that the majority have come to play not to be cover so given that the team I would pick is as below.

And Hibs have confirmed Claros is not available due to a paperwork issue.

Brown

Francome---McPake---Hanlon---Kujabi

Soares---Osbourne---Stevenson---Sproule

O'Connor---Doyle

Subs

Doherty
Stephens
Wotherspoon
O'Donovan
Caldwell

JimBHibees
02-02-2012, 12:34 PM
My team would be

Stack

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon

Soares
Osbourne
Claros
ROD

GOC
Doyle

Lewis in for Claros seen he is not available.

derekHFC
02-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Might be a few folk needing to edit their team now :greengrin

Sir David Gray
02-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Brown

Kujabi
Hanlon
McPake
Doherty

Booth
Soares
Osbourne
O'Donovan

O'Connor
Doyle

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Going with my mother's advice, I'm not sure about picking Soares. Things could get very nasty.

Diclonius
02-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Stack

Francomb Doherty McPake Kujabi

O'Donovan Osbourne Stevenson Soares

Doyle O'Connor

spike220
03-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Apparently anyone who has commented on this thread is a fool.:rolleyes:

ALAN PATTULLO of the Scotsmans writes "One Hibs fans’ website yesterday invited readers to try to guess the starting XI for this Saturday’s Scottish Cup clash with Kilmarnock, a fool’s errand if ever there was one".

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs_desperation_laid_bare_as_army_of_quick_fix_re cruits_man_barricades_1_2091216

Is this the most infamous hibs net thread ever????

GGTTH

pandahfc
03-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Stack
O'Donovan Ozzy Soares Booth
O'Connor Doyle

:pfgwa

seven nowt
03-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Stack
Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Pa
Osbourne
Soares
Booth/Francomb
O'Donovan
O'Connor
Griffiths

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Stack - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Doherty - - - - - - - - McPake - - - - - - -- Hanlon - - - - - - - - Kujabi
- - - - - - - - - -Osbourne - - - - - - - - - - - - Soares - - - - - - - - -
O'Donovan - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Booth/Francomb
- - - - - - - - - - - - O'Connor - - - - - - - Griffiths - - - - - - - - - - - -

A pity Claros isn't available to be honest.

007 Mickey Weir
03-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Griffiths is suspended GIRUY...........:greengrin

HibbyAndy
03-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Stack

Francomb Doherty McPake Kujabi

O'Donovan Osbourne Stevenson Soares

Doyle O'Connor

Swap O'Donovan for Soares and that's exactly my team.

4-4-2 for me instead of 4-5-1 for a home game is mandatory.

erin go bragh
03-02-2012, 04:50 PM
---------------------stack----------------------------
doherty------mcpake----stephens-----carlos-------

francomb---soars-----osbourne------stevenson----

-------------o`connor------doyle-------------------

ggtth

Diclonius
03-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Swap O'Donovan for Soares and that's exactly my team.

4-4-2 for me instead of 4-5-1 for a home game is mandatory.

So there'll be an O'Donovan on either wing? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
03-02-2012, 04:56 PM
So there'll be an O'Donovan on either wing? :greengrin

Nah just 1 :greengrin

I thought Soares was a Right sided player but everyone seems to have him on the left :hmmm: