PDA

View Full Version : Get the fans back and credit to the board!!!

Deano_70
31-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Firstly, Credit to the board for backing PF in January. I am excited to see the new look team in the coming weeks.

Secondly, this is now a great chance for the board to get the fans back. I think the board should be coming out and offer the next game at half price or even a bring a mate along to season ticket holders, if this new look team can go out and perform in front of 13-14,000 at the weekend I would like to think we would get quite a few back on a more regular basis, I ain't saying we will get 13,000 every week but we can surely get it back above 10-11,000. I know Rome wasn't built in a day but if we could gradually get the support back you may see the opportunity for some of these loan signings to be made permanent if they are decent. I know i'm being optimistic but too many people on here put negative spins on threads to easily. Let's get the fans back and let's be heard for the rest of this season, let's turn it around and save face.

:pfgwa

JIm
31-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Starting this weekend in what is potentially a massive massive game for us..........

Come on Rod, you know it makes sense :pfgwa

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2012, 08:54 PM
This is no different to every window, our board back each and every manager. We just have to hope Pat has cherry picked better than the last clueless tosser. :pray:

frazeHFC
31-01-2012, 09:00 PM
:hibees:flag::pfgwa

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I hope these signing's whet the fans appetites, and we get nice big bumper crowds for our remaining home games this season:flag:

Deano_70
31-01-2012, 09:02 PM
This is no different to every window, our board back each and every manager. We just have to hope Pat has cherry picked better than the last clueless tosser. :pray:

Agree completely with what your saying.

I just like how PF has come in and very quickly got rid of the sh ite players so quickly. I think the fact most of the signings are loans is a very positive step as I think you will find we will be paying only part of there wages. It gives us the opportunity to get safe and allow Pat to build his own unit in the summer.

I don't think I have seen a January with so many comings and goings. Neither have I seen .Net so upbeat. This IS an opportunity to get some fans back. If some of these boys are players which I hope they are the board need to see this as an opportunity. £10 a ticket, Bring a mate for free something/anything just dangle a carrot for the fans. Fill Easter Road as much as possible and get the team in to the next round of the cup......

stokesmessiah
31-01-2012, 09:03 PM
It will be really interesting over the coming weeks to see PF galvanising them all into a cohesive unit. This is i think when we might start to see why he has been given this opportunity at Hibs, I also think we might see him try to instill a bit of a siege mentality and fight. I love the fact that we have signed a MF nicknamed the pitbull and i hope the guy plays his socks off for the 12 months we have him here for and lives up to that name, if he does and adds some fight and balls to the middle of the park he is giving us something we have been screaming out for since well...Matty Jack !

Scorrie
31-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I am just pleased we have looked to have signed players of quality rather than the unaldulterated dross from League 1 or wherever we have had recently.

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2012, 09:08 PM
My glass is half full on this one!

WhileTheChief..
31-01-2012, 09:23 PM
We just have to hope Pat has cherry picked better than the last clueless tosser. :pray:

Would it be possible for Pat to pick any worse?!! Better times ahead no doubt :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Would it be possible for Pat to pick any worse?!! Better times ahead no doubt :thumbsup:

Well you hope so, but we did say the same thing last January?

Dashing Bob S
31-01-2012, 09:27 PM

In the same boat as you chaps. I trust Nutsy's judgement more than his predecessors. At Bohs he had an eye for a player, he's doing the same thing here but with a bigger budget.

I'm impressed with his knowledge of the global game, he's known as a guy who casts a wide net. More importantly, he's ruthlessly targeted the defensive and midfield positions and got rid of a lot of dross very quickly.

I expect us to stop with all the relegation talk and start looking up the table.

The cup game might have come a bit early for us, but our expectations of that tournament are as low as they can be.

WhileTheChief..
31-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Well you hope so, but we did say the same thing last January?

True, but it just feels different now. Maybe I'm just excited by today's events but Thornhill, Pallson etc did noting for me whereas I'm really looking forward to seeing these new guys in action.

I'm going to the Killie game now, I wouldn't have said that yesterday.

SanFranHibs
31-01-2012, 09:36 PM

:cheers:

Deano_70
31-01-2012, 09:37 PM
True, but it just feels different now. Maybe I'm just excited by today's events but Thornhill, Pallson etc did noting for me whereas I'm really looking forward to seeing these new guys in action.

I'm going to the Killie game now, I wouldn't have said that yesterday.

Good to hear. That means we have by last count about 11,985 seats to fill. Come on Rodders give us a deal and fill the place!