PDA

View Full Version : For the fans that are "floaters"/lapsed/infrequent attendees

Viva_Palmeiras
31-01-2012, 06:30 PM
This is not an uber fan debate. And I appreciate the night is still young...

But for the "floaters" ;) or infrequent attendees like me...

Given the transfer activity are you moved or unconvinced

How would you categorise yourself

WhileTheChief..
31-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Whilst I know next to nothing about any of our new signings I feel much better about the future than I did this time last year.

To me, its all down to Pat Fenlon. I just like the way he comes across and he seems to see the same things as me in games. I had no faith in any of CC's signings last year but I just trust PF.

This kinda feels like a watershed moment and signals that we are up for the fight ahead. Game on.:thumbsup:

beensaidbefore
31-01-2012, 07:10 PM
for me, as a student, id have to give up the opportunity of work on a Saturday afternoon, to spend more than I would have earned if I had worked. I know students get in for cheaper, but, even before I was a student and had a fairly decent income, I still found the pricing objectionable, to the point I slowly but surely stopped attending as regularly.

Having said that, the new signings are exciting at least, and hopefully they will be valuable and entertaining, which might just be enough to get me going regularly again.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-01-2012, 07:14 PM
I agree - CC and Fenlon thus far appear like night and day although well need to see how Fenlon fares with more of his men in over the next year or so.
Other credentials aside How the **** did the board not pick up on the dourness and communication issues - the others must have been real shockers!

We all ask for signings will be good to get a feel whether this has been a catalyst to spur folk on.

For me the real wider issue out there is unfortunately likely to be quality/cost.

neilmartinrocks
31-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Maybe worth throwing a sickie a bit more often as i work every saturday.
Looks like it could be worth the £20 odd and wages now.
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Niffy
31-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Who's to say this transfer window signings aren't all just more "Calderwoods" ?

Let's see how the team does, signings prove nowt.

SloopJB
31-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Other, I have to negotiate time on Saturdays which isn't always a goer until Saturday morning. Crapped it when I read no more pay at the gate but releived when I learned I could stil get from the ticket office.
Did I mention Other by the way?

smurf
31-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm excited by our moves. However, it needs to start happening on the park for those staying away to return.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm excited by our moves. However, it needs to start happening on the park for those staying away to return.

:agree:

Hibby Gav
31-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Some steel and some flair....a stronger midfield will support the attack and help protect out defence...andwhich has hopefull been strengthened, but potential still heart attack O'hanlon to look after....Glad that PF is at least trying to fix the problems we all see...
:flag:

HibbyDave
31-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Voted "wait & see" as I've never heard of any of the signings! I hope we get it right but as they are all loans and short term fixes, I'm not convinced just yet. Where is the Goalkeeper and CF we need ?

beensaidbefore
31-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Voted "wait & see" as I've never heard of any of the signings! I hope we get it right but as they are all loans and short term fixes, I'm not convinced just yet. Where is the Goalkeeper and CF we need ?

Should that have read CH, as we have been leaking goals like god knows what. Not one accomplished centre half at the club.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Should that have read CH, as we have been leaking goals like god knows what. Not one accomplished centre half at the club.

Ask and ye shall receive tonight apparently ;)

Hibs7
31-01-2012, 11:10 PM
I think these signings are a bit of a mixture, some for the future and maybe signed in the summer, others to ensure our SPL survival which I think is PF's priority just now.
Impressed by the amount of deals done and who has been shipped out, let's hope it all works out.

HibbyDave
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM

YEP!

Although, mibbe we can get a CF that can play CH?

Purehibee_MYB
01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
I would happily go to games but as a student I just don't have the funds to be honest!

PeeJay
01-02-2012, 02:52 PM
I voted "Wait and see" - I remember Pat Stanton in a Hibs TV interview wondering why some of the new signings last time round made an initial impression before suddenly fading away in terms of performance: why was this? And why should we expect things to be any different this time round?

The only thing that counts now is results - time will tell if these guys will be good for the club, but time is running out - so, I hope PF has got it right....

JeMeSouviens
01-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Cautiously optimistic and might have gone on Saturday but for prior commitments, otherwise "waiting and seeing".

bod
01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
voted 'other' not going back till i can boo & show my discontent at the product on the pitch without being shot down on here

Walter
01-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Work most Saturdays...........rarely get along

ChooseLife
01-02-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't want to spend my spare cash on going to football matches, more important/entertaining things to do with it these days.

I am very impressed with our January transfer activity though, and yes I'll be at the Scottish Cup final. :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-02-2012, 04:38 PM
I voted "Wait and see" - I remember Pat Stanton in a Hibs TV interview wondering why some of the new signings last time round made an initial impression before suddenly fading away in terms of performance: why was this? And why should we expect things to be any different this time round?

The only thing that counts now is results - time will tell if these guys will be good for the club, but time is running out - so, I hope PF has got it right....

Did Pat speculate or leave it as a cliff hanger? ;)

one day maybe...
01-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Ma auld man is considering purchasing a half season ticket now. Me! Well I will always love Hibs but its more about other committments in life that stop me going as often as I would like to. But I always drop in to say hello now and again :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
01-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Maybe a follow up question should be just what will it take to shift half season tickets?

Only if Decent chance of top 6 minimum? Otherwise just Christmas / bday prezzies?

PeeJay
01-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Did Pat speculate or leave it as a cliff hanger? ;)

He left it unanswered, but I don't think Pat rated the guys...

StevieC
01-02-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm a season ticket holder but was about to become a "floater".

The bravery of the board to back the manager with so many new faces in the January window has moved me further away from potential "floater" status.