PDA

View Full Version : Trouble brewing at Castle Greyskull

andrew_dundee
30-01-2012, 11:20 PM
According to a bunch of rumors online the Daily Record will be very bad reading for the Huns tomorrow

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=209214&st=0

Anyone seen it yet?

SteveHFC
30-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Please let this happen :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SteveHFC
30-01-2012, 11:23 PM
there will be polis at ibrox on wednesday for some sort of announcement http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=209214&st=40

Saorsa
30-01-2012, 11:23 PM
:pray:

SteveHFC
30-01-2012, 11:24 PM
http://p.twimg.com/AkcWdNyCAAAhu0h.jpg:small

RIP Rangers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

frazeHFC
30-01-2012, 11:24 PM
:pray:

The Hibs top is going on in college (all Huns) tomorrow just in case. :hilarious

Saorsa
30-01-2012, 11:25 PM

RIP Rangers :thumbsup::thumbsup::top marks

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/falling_off_chair_laughing-836.gif

Brebners Bookie
30-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Ha

andrew_dundee
30-01-2012, 11:29 PM
the DR website hasnt been updated yet, so this may all be a hoax, has anyone seen the front page? (the link that got set around isn't real)

SRHibs
30-01-2012, 11:30 PM

RIP Rangers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a horrendously bad photoshop. Confused as to how anyone could possibly fall for it.

frazeHFC
30-01-2012, 11:30 PM
the DR website hasnt been updated yet, so this may all be a hoax, has anyone seen the front page? (the link that got set around isn't real)

Yeah the date is September. Probably bull........

frazeHFC
30-01-2012, 11:31 PM
That's a horrendously bad photoshop. Confused as to how anyone could possibly fall for it.

Not to mention it says September..:wink:

Hibbyradge
30-01-2012, 11:32 PM
JHC.

It's a joke not a fake.

snooky
30-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Quote from one unhappy bearposter .... "It's like a soap opera"

Oh the irony :greengrin

Brebners Bookie

It's just a giggle lads.

frazeHFC
Quote from one unhappy bearposter .... "It's like a soap opera"

Oh the irony :greengrin

:hilarious

cad
30-01-2012, 11:42 PM
According to a bunch of rumors online the Daily Record will be very bad reading for the Huns tomorrow

Anyone seen it yet?

Headline Star-date 31/01/2012

NO Surrender , surrenders shock !!!!!!!!

Beefster
31-01-2012, 05:19 AM
One of the Orcs in the OP's link shows the education that a childhood, down the park, drinking Buckie gets you...

"by my reckong 21m x 3 = 43m"

TrickyNicky
31-01-2012, 05:43 AM
One of the Orcs in the OP's link shows the education that a childhood, down the park, drinking Buckie gets you...

"by my reckong 21m x 3 = 43m"

In fairness to the manky mob, a fellow poster on the thread did pull him up on it and point out that it was indeed 24 !!

TrickyNicky
31-01-2012, 06:03 AM
I kid you not, this one was one of the comments on The Sun's website in regards to the sale of Jelavic.

Not sure if it's a disgruntled teddy bear or one of the greatest fans on Earth.

6m for Jelavic? They still owe 1.5m to Rapid Vienna for his purchase, so it's a net 3.5m in real terms, unless of course, as per usual, Whyte decides not to pay his debt to the Austrian club. :hmmm:

killie-hibby
31-01-2012, 07:41 AM

Anyone seen it yet?

Todays web edition says Whyte financed his takeover by borrowing £24.4 million from Ticketus. Basically Ticketus get in return all of Rangers season ticket money for this and the next two seasons ie up to 2013-2014. HMRC have not yet received VAT of £5 million on the sale. Total debt estimated at £75 million.
Happily the situation is worsening at Greyskull.

down the slope
31-01-2012, 07:43 AM
This just now http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/01/31/rangers-owner-craig-whyte-admits-he-sold-four-years-worth-of-season-tickets-to-keep-ibrox-club-running-86908-23728301/

Seveno
31-01-2012, 07:44 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/01/31/rangers-owner-craig-whyte-admits-he-sold-four-years-worth-of-season-tickets-to-keep-ibrox-club-running-86908-23728301/

I wonder if Vlad has thought of this neat piece of financial wizardry !

Stand by for burning effigies in Govan Road.

Twa Cairpets
31-01-2012, 07:55 AM
"Rangers FC is no different in that it has a working capital facility with Ticketus, as have many, many other clubs. It is a common arrangement in football. This facility was in place at Ibrox long before the takeover."

Is Whyte getting Vlad to write his press releases?

Nothing to see, move along...

Borrowed agaisnt 3 years ST sales? Ouch. I hope their world collpases in a seeting pit of pus and vomit.

Lucius Apuleius
31-01-2012, 08:04 AM
If it is that common, I think RP would be in on it.:wink:

Caversham Green
31-01-2012, 08:41 AM
There seems to be a gaping hole in the Record story unless I'm reading it wrong.

The arrangement with Ticketus could be either:

1) Ticketus lend RFC the money secured on future ST sales and collect the repayments when the tickets are sold. This is basically a debt factoring arrangement and would not attract VAT until the sale of tickets. That looks like the most likely arrangement to me and it would mean that RFC owe money to Ticketus, but there's no VAT due yet.
2) RFC have actually sold all their season tickets for the next few years to Ticketus who will then sell them on to the punters. In this case (which strikes me as unlikely) the VAT is due because the sale has been made, but RFC owe Ticketus nothing because Ticketus have received a commodity for their money.

A third possibility is the VAT debt and ST money are two different issues, but that's not how I'm reading the article.

A fourth (and most likely) possibility is that I've misunderstood the whole thing in which case you should ignore all of the above.

hibs0666
31-01-2012, 08:44 AM
There seems to be a gaping hole in the Record story unless I'm reading it wrong.

The arrangement with Ticketus could be either:

1) Ticketus lend RFC the money secured on future ST sales and collect the repayments when the tickets are sold. This is basically a debt factoring arrangement and would not attract VAT until the sale of tickets. That looks like the most likely arrangement to me and it would mean that RFC owe money to Ticketus, but there's no VAT due yet.
2) RFC have actually sold all their season tickets for the next few years to Ticketus who will then sell them on to the punters. In this case (which strikes me as unlikely) the VAT is due because the sale has been made, but RFC owe Ticketus nothing because Ticketus have received a commodity for their money.

A third possibility is the VAT debt and ST money are two different issues, but that's not how I'm reading the article.

A fourth (and most likely) possibility is that I've misunderstood the whole thing in which case you should ignore all of the above.

Could the VAT be related to sales of tickets for the current season?

lord bunberry
31-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I kid you not, this one was one of the comments on The Sun's website in regards to the sale of Jelavic.

Not sure if it's a disgruntled teddy bear or one of the greatest fans on Earth.

6m for Jelavic? They still owe 1.5m to Rapid Vienna for his purchase, so it's a net 3.5m in real terms, unless of course, as per usual, Whyte decides not to pay his debt to the Austrian club. :hmmm:

Good to see the education budget isn't being wasted then

Caversham Green
31-01-2012, 08:56 AM

It's possible, but that makes it two separate issues. The numbers don't really work either - £5m would be the VAT element of £25m sales, which strikes me as high for one years season ticket sales. Also the timing looks a bit out. Whyte only took over in May, by which time a lot of STs would already have been sold under the Murray regime. It seems highly unlikely that Whyte could somehow 'reverse factor' those sales on the back of what was at that time speculation that he would buy the Huns.

I know they are in deep doo doo, and I don't necessarily doubt that they might owe these sums, but I can't see the debts arising in the way the Record is claiming.

StevieC
31-01-2012, 09:07 AM

At a guess I'd say that is likely to attract VAT of around £3m-£3.5m so it's a bit high. I doubt that even Craig Whyte would be stupid enough to think that the HMRC would miss a VAT payment of that size that has been paid at the same time each year for god knows how many years. Although it may have been part of his plan to simply gather as much debt as possible before liquidating the club and trying to start from scratch.

JeMeSouviens
31-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Looking more and more like Craig Whyte is the Hun David Duff. If there's a Hun Tom Farmer out there he's going to need helluva deep pockets. :wink:

The more interesting bit for Hibs fans is how Hibs approach the question of a NewHuns FC, ie. not the existing Huns exiting administration, but a new company that buys the shell of the club post liquidation. They would have to apply for a league to play in. There is already a media groundswell building to let them straight back into the SPL.

I say **** them. We'll lose money from their visits and probably a severe renegotiation of the TV deal but this would affect all the other clubs too so relatively we'd be no worse off. I think we should cut our cloth accordingly and consign them to Div 3 at best. It probably means a short term one horse race for the title but this has the potential to severely **** them for the medium to long term. With HMFC also potentially heading the same way, opporchancity knocks. :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
31-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Looking more and more like Craig Whyte is the Hun David Duff. If there's a Hun Tom Farmer out there he's going to need helluva deep pockets. :wink:

The more interesting bit for Hibs fans is how Hibs approach the question of a NewHuns FC, ie. not the existing Huns exiting administration, but a new company that buys the shell of the club post liquidation. They would have to apply for a league to play in. There is already a media groundswell building to let them straight back into the SPL.

I say **** them. We'll lose money from their visits and probably a severe renegotiation of the TV deal but this would affect all the other clubs too so relatively we'd be no worse off. I think we should cut our cloth accordingly and consign them to Div 3 at best. It probably means a short term one horse race for the title but this has the potential to severely **** them for the medium to long term. With HMFC also potentially heading the same way, opporchancity knocks. :wink:

:agree: But the really big thing for me would be the opportunity to push through extremely radical proposals regarding TV money etc whilst we have the chance with an 11/1 vote needed.

johnrebus
31-01-2012, 09:20 AM

Whatever happens, Rangers will be in the SPL.

:brickwall

Jack
31-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Real Madrid use the same ploy with their image rights which are sold in 4 year blocks IIRC.

The money, millions of Euros, is invested in the team which is how they can finance their huge deals.

A very different matter from the Rangers situation, and some English Clubs, where such money has been used – basically so that the new owner picks up the club without putting his hand in his own pocket.

Its all ending in tears. :thumbsup:

greenginger
31-01-2012, 09:46 AM

I say **** them. We'll lose money from their visits and probably a severe renegotiation of the TV deal but this would affect all the other clubs too so relatively we'd be no worse off. I think we should cut our cloth accordingly and consign them to Div 3 at best. It probably means a short term one horse race for the title but this has the potential to severely **** them for the medium to long term. With HMFC also potentially heading the same way, opporchancity knocks. :wink:[/QUOTE]

The only way New Hun FC would be allowed straight back in the SPL would be an agreement to enlarge the League.

There is no way the Pars or ourselves could accept relegation and let a new team ( Hun F C ) walk straight into the league.

I'm sure discussions on a new SPL format will be taking place should the company known as Rangers F C be liquidated ( I do love that word in that context )

Anyone any ideas of a suitable name for a post -Armageddon Govan sportsclub ?

Mikeystewart
31-01-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/?g6vtldh5ledb7cn

posted on celtic forum

greenlex
31-01-2012, 10:02 AM

The only way New Hun FC would be allowed straight back in the SPL would be an agreement to enlarge the League.

There is no way the Pars or ourselves could accept relegation and let a new team ( Hun F C ) walk straight into the league.

I'm sure discussions on a new SPL format will be taking place should the company known as Rangers F C be liquidated ( I do love that word in that context )

Anyone any ideas of a suitable name for a post -Armageddon Govan sportsclub ?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully any money lost from their visits will be offset by a higher leauge position payment. **** them I say. :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
31-01-2012, 10:15 AM
how many SPL titles will the hunnish cheats be stripped off ? :agree: i also want an inquiry set up to strip hertz of that 2006 scottish cup win, it was 'bought' by a cheat and a fraud

get it sorted you authorities

:cb

StevieC
31-01-2012, 10:25 AM
There is already a media groundswell building to let them straight back into the SPL.

There are a lot of other factors that need to be considered though. The thought of thousands of Rangers fans wreaking havoc through the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions, at stadiums unable to cope with such numbers, on their way back to the SPL will be sending shudders down the backs of police forces and city councillors up and down the country.

Whatever happens, Rangers will be in the SPL.

At a push they might be relegated to the 1st division but, sadly, I think you are probably correct and it will be steam-rollered through.

Hibrandenburg
31-01-2012, 10:42 AM
There are a lot of other factors that need to be considered though. The thought of thousands of Rangers fans wreaking havoc through the 3rd, 2nd and 1st divisions, at stadiums unable to cope with such numbers, on their way back to the SPL will be sending shudders down the backs of police forces and city councillors up and down the country.

At a push they might be relegated to the 1st division but, sadly, I think you are probably correct and it will be steam-rollered through.

Following that logic would mean that Celtic or Rangers could never be relegated.

Maybe they could take advantage of the situation by starting from scratch in the lower english leagues?

JeMeSouviens
31-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Following that logic would mean that Celtic or Rangers could never be relegated.

... or never be drawn away in a cup tie. They play against lower league opposition most seasons without any trouble.

Sergio sledge
31-01-2012, 11:10 AM

On the flip side, the thought of the financial boost these supporters would bring to every club in the SFL over the 3 years it would take them to get back to the SPL would make a massive difference to all these clubs. They could almost double their total annual attendance figures with 2 games potentially. Not to mention TV rights etc. which would no doubt bring in a bit of money.

:agree: Sadly, if it were to happen, there would be no chance of them being made to start at the bottom and work back up to the SPL.

cheltenhamhibee
31-01-2012, 11:20 AM
sky sports set to announce big news coming out of ibrox

Monts
31-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Statement from Craig Whyte

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2594589

Dashing Bob S
31-01-2012, 02:06 PM
It's all the Daily Ranger's fault, apparently, them and previous board members.

Kind of makes sense.

TheEastTerrace
31-01-2012, 02:12 PM
'It's the media's fault' - where have I heard that recently? :cb

Seveno
31-01-2012, 02:30 PM
He doesn't deny that they have borrowed against 4 years ST's, In which case, how do they propose to pay it back ?

JeMeSouviens
31-01-2012, 02:39 PM
He doesn't deny that they have borrowed against 4 years ST's, In which case, how do they propose to pay it back ?

He doesn't. :wink:

Whyte's plan: He limps as far as the tax case result, they lose, he blames it all on Sir David Murray (formerly soap dodger, now tax dodger, shortly to be next up after Shreddy Freddy before the dehonourification squad), they go into receivership, are liquidated, stiff all their creditors bar a certain Mr C Whyte (the only secured creditor), emerge blinking into the light as FC NewHuns, "Scottish football needs them", :rolleyes: , back in the SPL for the new season. What could go wrong?

ancient hibee
31-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Borrowing against STs is a very old ploy.This is a non story.

JeMeSouviens
31-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Borrowing against STs is a very old ploy.This is a non story.

Borrowing against 4 years worth of STs which happens to coincidentally be around the same amount as Whyte paid Lloyds to shift the Hun debt from the bank to his holding company seems like it might be at least a short story, no?

Gettin' Auld
31-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Statement from Craig Whyte

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2594589

He makes no mention of suing the paper..........That speaks volumes!

greenginger
31-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Borrowing against 4 years worth of STs which happens to coincidentally be around the same amount as Whyte paid Lloyds to shift the Hun debt from the bank to his holding company seems like it might be at least a short story, no?

What security would the lending company, Ticketus or whatever it was called, actually have. ?

If Rangers F C are bust they would have to join the other creditors which is likely to be a long queue. Of course maybe they got a personal guarantee from Craig Whyte himself. :greengrin