PDA

View Full Version : Nice One Nutsy

Dashing Bob S
30-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Whatever people's view of Fenlon is, he's focused 100% on this job. He's been ruthless in shipping dross and under-performers, and is working hard to bring in players that will ensure our SPL survival.

What a difference to the vascilating nonentity who preceded him.

Hawkhill1875
30-01-2012, 11:09 PM
So true. I wish we had got someone like PF in 3 years ago.

smurf
30-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Whatever people's view of Fenlon is, he's focused 100% on this job. He's been ruthless in shipping dross and under-performers, and is working hard to bring in players that will ensure our SPL survival.

Agreed. Calderwood for so many reasons will be remembered as probably our worst ever manager.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2012, 11:11 PM
:agree: In Pat we trust. :flag:

Sir David Gray
30-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Yep, I've been quite pleased with how he's gone about things so far.

Can't complain about any of the decisions he's taken in releasing players and time will tell if the players he's brought in are good enough to ensure that we stay up.

We still have a VERY long road to recovery, though, and I'm still sticking with my two years. I think round about then, we should start to see the club achieving something close to its potential, but not before then.

dmc1875
30-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Agreed. Calderwood for so many reasons will be remembered as probably our worst ever manager.

:agree:

allezsauzee
30-01-2012, 11:16 PM

2nd worst...Duff Jim will always be the worst I hope!

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2012, 11:16 PM

Spot on DBS

Saorsa
30-01-2012, 11:20 PM

What a difference to the vascilating nonentity who preceded him.:agree: I think we have a good manager now who will do a job given a chance.

Pete
31-01-2012, 01:01 AM
Why do some people call him "nutsy"?

TrickyNicky
31-01-2012, 01:09 AM

I believe he tried to tea-bag one of the youth players on an end of season bonding session at his old club.

Rumour has it that the young man suffered from anaphylaxis ( nut allergy ) and his parents tried to take Fenlon to court for attempted murder !!

neilmartinrocks
31-01-2012, 01:11 AM

coz he sgned for linfield?
joking honestly dont know.
but the above is more likely.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Lol nicky.

edinburghhibee
31-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Could not have asked for more from the gaffer this early into his hibs career, results haven't been great but he seems to understand exactly what is needed at the club and when he speaks to the press you really get a feeling he is here for the long run and really wants to get us up the league.

Now lets get the holy grail back to easter road and make yourself a legend at the club!

:flag::flag::pfgwa:flag::flag:

J-C
31-01-2012, 01:19 AM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4023459/Hibs-boss-calmed-wild-child-Richie.html

Answer 2/3 down the page, don't get on his bad side. :greengrin

KiddA
31-01-2012, 01:58 AM

:agree: he has done a great job doing this and making change. The only thing I will say though is he still has not got rid of our worst player yet in Sean O'Hanlon but hopefully soon :pray:

JimBHibees
31-01-2012, 09:35 AM

Totally agree. He sounds a determined character who isnt afraid to make decisions which is exactly what we need.

Dashing Bob S
31-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Just great to have a manager who gets on with it displaying dedication and dynamism and hasn't:

1) Become mentally ill doing the job

-Ex Hibs heroes Collins (from articulate guy to Tommy Craig's glove puppet), Mixu (from articulate guy to staring blankly at walls in a deep depression) and Yogi (from heart-on-sleeve man-of-the-people to slavering clown and ineffective bully.)

and

2) Actually gives an 'honest buck'

Calderwood - useless waste of space who brought nothing but disaster to the club.

Whatever you say about Pitbulls and African defenders, Nutsy seems to have at least identified the problem areas, and is reaching reasonably high, seemingly unburdened with the self-defeating loser mentality which we seem to have embraced over the last three years.

HibbyAndy
31-01-2012, 01:31 PM
He is the man:agree:

bawheid
31-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Aye, mon the Nutsy.

The other half just suggested going on holiday towards the end of May and I actually checked the calendar for the you know what!

nonshinyfinish
31-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Aye, mon the Nutsy.

The other half just suggested going on holiday towards the end of May and I actually checked the calendar for the you know what!

Eurovision? Me too, never miss it.

Andy74
31-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Aye, mon the Nutsy.

I'm away for the whole of May.

If Hibs win the Scottish Cup this year then they can **** off.

Dashing Bob S
31-01-2012, 02:20 PM
What has impressed me most is that he hasn't been giving that whingeing loser tedious guff about how difficult the transfer market is etc etc. He actually seems to enjoying this instead of seeing it as a dreary imposition on his time, a la CC.

Bostonhibby
31-01-2012, 06:28 PM
What has impressed me most is that he hasn't been giving that whingeing loser tedious guff about how difficult the transfer market is etc etc. He actually seems to enjoying this instead of seeing it as a dreary imposition on his time, a la CC.

Aye but to be fair on CC he was only available or in Scotland 2 afternoons a week and alternative Saturday evenings by contractual agreement, needed a fair bit of time to find himself a berth down South not long after he started.

Kaiser1962
31-01-2012, 08:08 PM

No faffing about here. Clearing the decks.

Guys called psycho and pitbull are just what we need as even CC said we were the softest side he had ever seen.

Unless its ironic like calling a big guy "Tiny"? Find out soon enough.

The_Todd
31-01-2012, 08:16 PM
DBS, you've once again walloped the nail on it's tungsten tipped head. The Nutsty Revolution begins.