PDA

View Full Version : Filipe Morais - Oldham, remember him

J-C
30-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Playing in the Johnston Paints trophy and causing havoc in Chesterfield defence, were we too quick getting rid of players like him, seeing as we brought in AOB and Galbraith, who are pretty gash.

Sas_The_Hibby
30-01-2012, 07:31 PM
He looked to me like a good player at the time but, like several others, we seemed to be unable to get the best out of him.

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Playing in the Johnston Paints trophy and causing havoc in Chesterfield defence, were we too quick getting rid of players like him, seeing as we brought in AOB and Galbraith, who are pretty gash.

Nah the only thing he kicked in his time up here, was a bouncer in George Street:rolleyes:

Albion Hibs
30-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Nope. He was trouble and we were well rid.

He is also playing for a team at the bottom of the english league 1. In addition if that is the case then Nish was hard done by as Hartlepool are above them and the big guy is managing to get his name on the score sheet.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2012, 07:38 PM

Yeah remember him well, and not going to remember him being better than he actually was as many tend to do...................not good enough, well rid!

Gala Foxes
30-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Totally inept poser

andy1875
30-01-2012, 07:46 PM
I always thought Morais was no bad. By no means a world beater but would be more than good enough for the current squad.

Opinions eh?

J-C
30-01-2012, 07:47 PM
I always thought Morais was no bad. By no means a world beater but would be more than good enough for the current squad.

Opinions eh?

That was my point, look who we replaced him with AOB and Galbraith, no exactly world beaters.

greenlex
30-01-2012, 07:48 PM
He was about on par with Galbraith.

andy1875
30-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Gregor Robertson from Portobello playing LB for Chesterfield.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2012, 07:52 PM
If anyone can't remember him, think of a cat playing with a ball of wool. Back and forward, getting nowhere. If he is running riot in a game, that is a sad comment on the other 19 outfield players.

Holmesdale Hibs
30-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Nah the only thing he kicked in his time up here, was a bouncer in George Street:rolleyes:

:agree: he was pish. I heard it took him 2 swings to connect with the bouncers head.

basehibby
31-01-2012, 09:53 AM

He didn't have the temprament for Hibs IMO - played the odd decent game but also had some nightmares where he could do nothing right - that made him a target for the boo boys and that just made him worse.

Hibbyradge
31-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Who brought him to Hibs?

Callum_62
31-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Gregor Robertson from Portobello playing LB for Chesterfield.

Played alongside him for years at Celtic Boys Club - always been a good wee player

Speedway
31-01-2012, 10:30 AM

:agree: he was pish. I heard it took him 2 swings to connect with the bouncers head.

To be fair to him, he did a couple of stepovers first.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2012, 10:34 AM
He was garbage.

I remember a performance at Tynecastle when some folk thought he played well because he got a lot of the ball, problem was he never beat thean he was up against when he had it.

Sir David Gray
31-01-2012, 11:11 AM
That was my point, look who we replaced him with AOB and Galbraith, no exactly world beaters.

Alan O'Brien actually signed for Hibs about a month before Morais came in so he wasn't a replacement.

Who brought him to Hibs?

John Collins.

CorrieHibs
31-01-2012, 11:24 AM

He's just playing against poorer players. So is looking better.

Judas Iscariot
31-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Who brought him to Hibs?

He was one of the "Man who would've led Hibs to eternal glory!" signings..

JC :rolleyes:

HKhibby
31-01-2012, 12:05 PM

would probably run rings round half of the current squad we have! and more!

The_Exile
31-01-2012, 12:15 PM
He had obvious talent but his attitude was stinking, it's no suprise to me that Fletcher is the only one out of that crop of players who is playing well consistently at a high level despite him not being the most talented of that bunch, his application and attitude is world class.

dmc1875
31-01-2012, 12:38 PM
He had obvious talent but his attitude was stinking, it's no suprise to me that Fletcher is the only one out of that crop of players who is playing well consistently at a high level, his application and attitude is world class.

I remember ONE game against Celtic at Darkheid that he was awesome in. Ran them ragged every time he got the ball, place went silent every time he got given the thingl!

Pitty he was proper colin nish before and after that... :rolleyes: