PDA

View Full Version : Delay in the start of the game on Saturday????

big-mo
30-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I may have missed this but was there any reason why the start of the match was delayed on Saturday? I have heard that Sky etc had said that it was because Ian Murray was injured in the warm-up but that is impossible because he did not even travel and is still a number of weeks away from a starting place. :confused:

Since90+2
30-01-2012, 06:24 PM
I may have missed this but was there any reason why the start of the match was delayed on Saturday? I have heard that Sky etc had said that it was because Ian Murray was injured in the warm-up but that is impossible because he did not even travel and is still a number of weeks away from a starting place. :confused:

Apparantely he was named on the teamsheet but got injured in the warmup. :confused:

matty_f
30-01-2012, 06:27 PM

PF said that he was close to being fit to play through the week on his hibs tv interview, IIRC.

There was some chat at work today where someone said the delay was because Murray had been injured having initially been due to play.

Billy Whizz
30-01-2012, 06:31 PM

I wondered at the time. Thought that maybe the League Cup semi final at Hampden had gone into extra time and possibly penalties and the police slightly delayed the game in case of some congestion. Heard on the radio on the way into the ground that Murray's name was on the team sheet ????!?

overdrive
30-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I wondered at the time. Thought that maybe the League Cup semi final at Hampden had gone into extra time and possibilities and the police slightly delayed the game in case of some congestion. Heard on the radio on the way into the ground that Murray's name was on the team sheet ????!?

He was listed on the team sheet on the bbc update page

Geo_1875
30-01-2012, 08:28 PM
The stadium announcer named him in the team then Wotherspoon turned out.

I think the delay was because Swally had a runner in the 3:00 race.