PDA

View Full Version : My observations on Saturday:

Jones28
30-01-2012, 11:38 AM
4-0 flattered Rangers MASSIVELY. We created a lot of chances and on another day would've scored a few goals.

Mcpake was sent off for 2 fouls that a different Referee would have seen as one yellow combined. Charlie Richmond at Ibrox was always going to send him off for them.

O'Hanlon is being slaughtered for his part in the goal, rightly so IMO. He has never been good enough, although he fits the hard-ass CB that we've been needing for a while. Mcpake does however, he could be the difference between us staying up or going down.

Soares, Sproule and Doyle all looked to have played quite well.

Another Midfielder and a Centre Back will see us through.

bigwheel
30-01-2012, 11:46 AM
4-0 flattered Rangers MASSIVELY. We created a lot of chances and on another day would've scored a few goals.

Mcpake was sent off for 2 fouls that a different Referee would have seen as one yellow combined. Charlie Richmond at Ibrox was always going to send him off for them.

O'Hanlon is being slaughtered for his part in the goal, rightly so IMO. He has never been good enough, although he fits the hard-ass CB that we've been needing for a while. Mcpake does however, he could be the difference between us staying up or going down.

Soares didn't have any real contribution of note...a couple of passes... sproule was good.

Bottom line is though we can't defend....it is the factor that needs sorted for us to get out of this mess.

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2012, 11:49 AM
We got fcked 4-0 of a poor Rangers team.

I didn't listen nor follow the game, coz this side will leak goals against everyone. So against Rangers needing a win at Ibrox, there was only going to be one outcome.

None of the clutching at straws about our team, will ease any of the pain and suffering of being a Hibs fan.

Andy74
30-01-2012, 11:55 AM
We got fcked 4-0 of a poor Rangers team.

I didn't listen nor follow the game, coz this side will leak goals against everyone. So against Rangers needing a win at Ibrox, there was only going to be one outcome.

None of the clutching at straws about our team, will ease any of the pain and suffering of being a Hibs fan.

No, but those of us still bothered about following the games are right to look for signs of whether or not we look like we are playing okay or whether we are going to continue to lose games.

I think the signs are okay, we are starting to score goals, albeit we didn't on Saturday and we can but hope that we will be able to match that with defending for the games coming up.

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 11:58 AM

Yeah we had our chances but overall was a heavier defeat on paper than probably performance.

Both bookings 2 seperate incidents very far apart so disagree.

Dreadful communication at back and execution total disaster and again we are own worse enemy.

Doyle missed IMO a real chance so cannot give him credit his job is to put them away although it did not lead to us losing a goal strikers get away with a miss as a defenders mistake leads to a goal, I think Doyle should have scored or made keeper work.

greenlex
30-01-2012, 12:04 PM

Yeah we had our chances but overall was a heavier defeat on paper than probably performance.

Both bookings 2 seperate incidents very far apart so disagree.

O'Hanlon is being slaughtered for his part in the goal, rightly so IMO. He has never been good enough, although he fits the hard-ass CB that we've been needing for a while. Mcpake does however, he could be the difference between us staying up or going down.[B]

Dreadful communication at back and execution total disaster and again we are own worse enemy.

[B]Soares, Sproule and Doyle all looked to have played quite well.[B]

Doyle missed IMO a real chance so cannot give him credit his job is to put them away although it did not lead to us losing a goal strikers get away with a miss as a defenders mistake leads to a goal, I think Doyle should have scored or made keeper work.

[B]Another Midfielder and a Centre Back will see us through.
What chance or Doyle you talking about Carsberg? His shot was on target and blocked for the first one (although he maybe had a touch or two too many) and the second was a difficult ball delivered from height by Wotherspoon. Both chances but other that the first didn't really do a lot wrong on either. Or was it one I missed?
Edit - Shut up Lex. Question to you Jones 28. Sorry Carlsberg.

truehibernian
30-01-2012, 12:17 PM
First goal our midfield was caught too high after a counter, far too much space for Davis, and our centre backs too square. Have to say I thought Brown was down slow too but I may be harsh there. Goal through the middle

Second goal, poor 'back header' under limited pressure, even poorer header from onrushing Brown, McPake unlucky....another goal lost through the middle.

Third goal, needless free kick given away leading to red card and goal....free kick won through the middle.

Fourth goal, good skill, Hanlon doing his usual ball watch/lack of concentration for the full 90/lack of getting tight, allowing a man extra yards...again a goal lost from a lofted ball 'over the top' through the middle.

Nope....for me, a well worthy 4-0. If you don't work hard, don't hold positions, don't have game awareness, and more importantly do your jobs simply and well, you get punshed in the SPL. Midfield isn't working hard enough to close space, hence balls are getting delivered with great regularity into the box and wide areas. Defence are then all at sea and playing with fear.

The defence are all over the place, the midfield has no balance and there is no defender or midfielder who can see how a game is going and direct/instruct/lead by example.

Strangely enough I thought we looked more balanced when Jimmy Scott came on. More energy, better touch, better link up. Francomb looks decent too.

Prawn Sandwich
30-01-2012, 12:18 PM

I was at the game too and would agree mostly with what you have said. If we had Griffiths up front we would would have scored because we made a number of good chances against a poor Rangers team. Griffiths need to screw the nut because we need him. I also think that both goalkeepers Stack and Brown are just not good enough.

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 12:23 PM
What chance or Doyle you talking about Carsberg? His shot was on target and blocked for the first one (although he maybe had a touch or two too many) and the second was a difficult ball delivered from height by Wotherspoon. Both chances but other that the first didn't really do a lot wrong on either. Or was it one I missed?
Edit - Shut up Lex. Question to you Jones 28. Sorry Carlsberg.

First one should have it it first time, IMO a bad miss and we could go round the houses on an opinion on a chance, for me great chance missed.

ahibby
30-01-2012, 01:03 PM
On of my main concerns is that although Hanlon is a class player by SPL standards his defending isn't cutting it. I noticed that while on loan to St J, they tended not to rely on him to much in defence although that's where he lined up. During their games though I noticed he played further up the field and the more senior players covered for him at the back. Hibs are bringing him through as a CH and it doesn't look like we can afford to do that whilst in a relegation scrap.

lord bunberry
30-01-2012, 02:09 PM

Your analysis of our defending could have been used to describe most matches this season unless this is sorted out soon we will be relying on dunferrmline not picking up many more points

Benny Brazil
30-01-2012, 02:16 PM
On of my main concerns is that although Hanlon is a class player by SPL standards his defending isn't cutting it. I noticed that while on loan to St J, they tended not to rely on him to much in defence although that's where he lined up. During their games though I noticed he played further up the field and the more senior players covered for him at the back. Hibs are bringing him through as a CH and it doesn't look like we can afford to do that whilst in a relegation scrap.

Hanlon was a midfielder during his youth days - only changed to Defense when he joined Hibs.

Jones28
30-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Another thing to add was it's good to see Sam Stanton getting a debut :agree:

dangermouse
30-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Another thing to add was it's good to see Sam Stanton getting a debut :agree:

A bright light on an otherwise dull day. Last time I saw him was the U19 cup tie against the Jambo's and he ran the midfield.