PDA

View Full Version : I think we'll stay up.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2012, 10:20 AM
There, I've said it.

A positive thread on hibs.net.

Please don't ban me.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Me too. :pfgwa

greenlex
30-01-2012, 10:24 AM
It might be close but I think we will be fine. Bring on the Summer where the real work starts.

Andy74
30-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Same here. I don't think it will be comfortable with the defenders we are largely stuck with but Griffiths was on a bit of form for when he comes back, O'Connor will hopefully get back to his best if he is over his injury and I think McPake will begin to make a difference at the back.

Looking forward to seeing Soares get up to speed. Surely a former England Under 21 player who went for £1.5 million at one stage should be decent in this league? Osbourne had less of a background and looked classier than anyhting else we have.

If we get through this I'm looking forward to good things under Fenlon.

stokesmessiah
It might be close but I think we will be fine. Bring on the Summer where the real work starts.

I was thinking about starting a thread the other day regarding this, well to be more specific what i was wondering is what people's expectations of PF would be next season should he keep us up?

The Tubs
A trouser-soiling yet sucessful relegation battle followed by the cup would be acceptable.

greenlex
30-01-2012, 10:32 AM
I was thinking about starting a thread the other day regarding this, well to be more specific what i was wondering is what people's expectations of PF would be next season should he keep us up?

Top 6 at the split and top 5 at the end.
At least one semi final.
Winning more than we lose.
Teams concerned at coming to ER Half decent fitba.
That would keep me happy enough.
Too much?

blueisthecolour
30-01-2012, 10:38 AM
I think will Hibs will stay up with a couple games to spare.

Gmack7
30-01-2012, 10:41 AM
agreed,the feelgood factor returns due to our THUMPING cup win vs killie

Hibbylad86
30-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Same here. I don't think it will be comfortable with the defenders we are largely stuck with but Griffiths was on a bit of form for when he comes back, O'Connor will hopefully get back to his best if he is over his injury and I think McPake will begin to make a difference at the back.

Looking forward to seeing Soares get up to speed. Surely a former England Under 21 player who went for £1.5 million at one stage should be decent in this league? Osbourne had less of a background and looked classier than anyhting else we have.

If we get through this I'm looking forward to good things under Fenlon.

Great post!! :top marks

Pretty Boy
30-01-2012, 10:54 AM
We'll stay up.

However it will be closer than some would have us believe and we absolutely must not allow ourselves to be in this position this time next year.

Hibbyradge
30-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, just knowing that there are people out there just like me.

This thread is the hibs.net equivalent of Alcoholics Anonymous for happy clappers!

whiskyhibby
30-01-2012, 11:18 AM
I completely agree, we have too much quality to let Dunfy off the hook, hopefully the defence can be tightened up with McPake

Sammy7nil
30-01-2012, 11:19 AM
I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, just knowing that other people are like me.

This thread is the hibs.net equivalent of Alcoholics Anonymous for happy clappers!

Everbody is not a Radge :wink:

Gatecrasher
30-01-2012, 11:23 AM
I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, just knowing that other people are like me.

:tee hee:

i'm not sure yet, i will have more of an idea in a months time (as most people).

it will depend on what happens over the next 36 hours. I also want to see what the new guys are like against a team more our level, Saturday will be a good indicator. I'm praying i get the feel good factor back because i have been losing it pretty fast over the last week or so. Paddy is the man to do it :agree:

malcky
30-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I completely agree, we have too much quality to let Dunfy off the hook, hopefully the defence can be tightened up with McPake

Don't see much QUALITY in our team saying that Dunfermline must be piss poor if we are ahead of them at this satyr of the season.

malcky
30-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Don't see much QUALITY in our team saying that Dunfermline must be piss poor if we are ahead of them at this satyr of the season.

Sorry for that I forgot this is a positive thread:greengrin

Franck is God
30-01-2012, 11:26 AM
I think we'll stay up and don't even think we'll be second bottom when the season finishes, I think we'll be far closer to the top six than a relegation place and by the end of the season will have more points than the team finishing 6th if we don't make it ourselves.

I am not a happy clapper but I see no benefit to being pessimistic.

I was at Dunfermline the other week and saw first hand the effect that positivity can bring to the fans and players and for the first time in ages that I felt the fans actually gave the team their full support and didn't instantly turn negative when something didn't go our way.

I want every Hibs fan that attends games between now and the end of the season leave their negativity at home and simply support and encourage the team, when we win it genuinely will feel like you've played a part not just watched.

GGTTH!

SMAXXA
30-01-2012, 11:38 AM
I think we will, then again I think we might not.......grrr cant really decide. I do think we have a better squad of players than the pars and they do look awful (Their defence looks worse than ours), so on that basis and hopefully a couple of other decent signing before tomorrow and we should be fine.

Fingers crossed!

smurf
30-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Depends on what we do in the remainder of the window. We are still short....

Thecat23
30-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Top 6 at the split and top 5 at the end.
At least one semi final.
Winning more than we lose.
Teams concerned at coming to ER Half decent fitba.
That would keep me happy enough.
Too much?

Defo Lex.. I'd be happy with this. If we stay up then loan deals shouldn't really be looked at and getting players in a 3 yr deals so they know they are settled. No 18 month ones. Nothing against loans by the way but when building a team you need perm players. The odd one i wouldn't mind.

smurf
30-01-2012, 11:49 AM
Defo Lex.. I'd be happy with this. If we stay up then loan deals shouldn't really be looked at and getting players in a 3 yr deals so they know they are settled. No 18 month ones. Nothing against loans by the way but when building a team you need perm players. The odd one i wouldn't mind.

With our record in recruitment in recent times should we be confident in handing out 3 year deals?

bawheid
30-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Depends on what we do in the remainder of the window. We are still short....

With our record in recruitment in recent times should we be confident in handing out 3 year deals?

Here we are at the thread tipping point folks...

Thecat23
30-01-2012, 11:57 AM

I see what you're saying Smurf but you can't be put off signing players on 3 yr deals just because of the bad choices of former managers. I trust PF to bring in the right players in the summer if he can't get his hands on them just now. Short term deals aren't the way forward but that's just my opinion mate.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2012, 11:57 AM

Both fair points though.

I stated earlier I think we will stay up. I believe it will be a lot more comfortable if we bring in 2 or 3 more players between now and the end of the window.

smurf
30-01-2012, 11:58 AM

You've lost me. Though I suspect you are as per usual attempting to make a cheap dig...

Most supporters would agree that to survive in the SPL we still need to add quality to the squad. Should we do so then we can more confidently look forward to crawling to safety.

How many of our recent signings these past few years do you wish had been recruited on three year deals?

All that aside. As I said should Pat and the board get in the right personnel its onwards and upwards.

GGTTH

superfurryhibby
30-01-2012, 11:59 AM
In wish I could share folks optimism. We are in grave danger of going down, of that there is no doubt. I see very little to suggest the trend will change, although the loanees will no doubt be given the chance to tun things around.

Andy74
30-01-2012, 12:01 PM
You've lost me. Though I suspect you are as per usual attempting to make a cheap dig...

Most supporters would agree that to survive in the SPL we still need to add quality to the squad. Should we do so then we can more confidently look forward to crawling to safety.

How many of our recent signings these past few years do you wish had been recruited on three year deals?

All that aside. As I said should Pat and the board get in the right personnel its onwards and upwards.

GGTTH

Anyway.

It's going to be funny when we win the Scottish cup this year with just about our worst squad ever eh? :greengrin

patlowe
30-01-2012, 12:01 PM
I think it's impossible to say until the new guys get a run and we see them against the SPL dross. We need them to make a difference as at the moment we are in real danger of going down. I'm not trying to quell the positivity, I just can't ignore the fact we are seriously poor.

smurf
30-01-2012, 12:02 PM
I see what you're saying Smurf but you can't be put off signing players on 3 yr deals just because of the bad choices of former managers. I trust PF to bring in the right players in the summer if he can't get his hands on them just now. Short term deals aren't the way forward but that's just my opinion mate.

I agree mate.

Let's hope we do get in the quality and get them on longer term deals.

And I've faith Pat Fenlon will do so.

Thecat23
30-01-2012, 12:02 PM

GGTTH

Not many mate that's for sure. But could that have added to the problem that they all knew they would be leaving soon anyway so didn't care as much? Either way i do think getting a few players tied down on long term deals could help us. I also feel PF will get players in that want to play for us as he comes across well and doesn't let the slackers off.

smurf
30-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Anyway.

It's going to be funny when we win the Scottish cup this year with just about our worst squad ever eh? :greengrin

It would be so Hibs!

Thecat23
30-01-2012, 12:04 PM
I agree mate.

Let's hope we do get in the quality and get them on longer term deals.

And I've faith Pat Fenlon will do so.

Exactly, PF does seem to get the wasters out so i'm sure he won't be looking to add any more and will get the right guys in. Well fingers crossed anyway.

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Anyway.

mare like Hearts will win it, whilst we are relegated.

sounds familiar and more realistic.

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 12:08 PM

GGTTH

Not many but these players seemed to be available for that loan or short term deal purpose in first instance, maybe if you are looking at longer term players a totally different bunch would have been looked at and signed.

stu in nottingham
30-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I think we'll stay up.

There, I've said it.

Phew, that's a relief. I can rest easy now.

We might as well cancel the rest of the games.

Just kidding Daveyradge! :greengrin