PDA

View Full Version : Hibs move (again) for Sutton?

thebausburst
29-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Quite a lot of chat/rumour on Twitter this evening that Hibs are moving (again) for Sutton?

HFC07
29-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes please, please please please please

I'm_cabbaged
29-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Won't happen

SloopJB
29-01-2012, 06:25 PM
10 pages of sticky stuff oozing from the pc before it's officially ko'd and we can say how pish he is anyway.

Elephant Stone
29-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm content with the strikers we've got. Midfield and defence are where new faces are needed- lots of them.

down the slope
29-01-2012, 06:31 PM
I thought the yams would not sell him to another SPL team ?, mind you maybe they are so desperate for cash.... ?.

soupy
29-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Prob cos Everton are bidding for jellyprick, so obviously well need Sutton cos GOC's away to the Gers again :-). Jist saying likes :-)

MSK
29-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Prob cos Everton are bidding for jellyprick, so obviously well need Sutton cos GOC's away to the Gers again :-). Jist saying likes :-)Didnt know they were in for him tae ...:confused:

Aldo
29-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Sorry but cannot see us signing Sutton. This IMHO will not happen

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Wrong end of the park.

Bostonhibby
29-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Quite a lot of chat/rumour on Twitter this evening that Hibs are moving (again) for Sutton?

Only if he can play Centre half or full back.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Are we going to convert him into a centre half?

Billy Whizz
29-01-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm content with the strikers we've got. Midfield and defence are where new faces are needed- lots of them.

I agree. I think he's an average striker, however if O'Conner was to move this week we need another big striker until the end of the season

Hibs Class
29-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Wrong end of the park.

:agree: Right now preventing goals against is far more important than adding to goals for.

IberianHibernian
29-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Hope it`s not true . We`re in a bad situation and need new players now but I`m sure there are better than Sutton available ( has he done much for Hearts ? ) and I`m certainly hoping to see better players in team next season after we get over present difficulties . Window closes very soon but lots of players will be available after ( as an example several Spanish teams in 2ŞB have just withdrawn from league for financial reasons - Sandaza and Novo for example came from this category ) . So would only sign Sutton on loan till end of season if at all .

Ray_
Are we going to convert him into a centre half?

His brother played well enough at centre half, that's where he started his career at Norwich. :wink:

HibbyAndy
Didnt know they were in for him tae ...:confused:

:tee hee:

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 07:28 PM

No thanks. Time to shore up the defence not add to an area that's pretty well covered

PeterboroHibee
29-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Sutton would be a good signing, but totally unneccessary. Provided Griffiths and O'Connor can stop picking up suspensions, we have more than enough going forward.

If hes only looking at a couple of more players I really hope they are defenders/defensively minded and not attackers.

MSK
29-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Sutton would be a good signing, but totally unneccessary. Provided Griffiths and O'Connor can stop picking up suspensions, we have more than enough going forward.
If hes only looking at a couple of more players I really hope they are defenders/defensively minded and not attackers.No we dont ..as proved yest ..an injury or two to either will leave us short up front again ..

scuttle
29-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Would give us a different option up front as he would be an ariel threat, something that OConnor and Lee G are not IMO.Still cant see it happening though

brydekirk
29-01-2012, 07:39 PM
i'm content with the strikers we've got. Midfield and defence are where new faces are needed- lots of them.

agree

Dr Jimmy
29-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Would give us a different option up front as he would be an ariel threat, something that OConnor and Lee G are not IMO.Still cant see it happening though

he would also hold the ball up better than our current forwards, who all play in a different way.

SteveHFC
29-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Loan or Permanent Deal? :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
29-01-2012, 07:43 PM
No we dont ..as proved yest ..an injury or two to either will leave us short up front again ..

We do really, 3 established strikers with back up from youngsters seems pretty standard for the SPL, they just need to learn not to get banned for ridiculous things.

Beefster
29-01-2012, 07:46 PM
We've scored the lowest amount of goals in the SPL but folk think that we're all fine up front? Aye right.

SMAXXA
29-01-2012, 07:52 PM
We do really, 3 established strikers with back up from youngsters seems pretty standard for the SPL, they just need to learn not to get banned for ridiculous things.

I dont think we do, I did think we were ok up front until recentlybut when you look at yesterday for example we had Doyle and no other real striking option, another striker would really be needed to give us strenght and options for the season ahead. We cant take chances on Caldwell if one of our current strikers gets suspended or injured would leave us with 2 and still no option on the bench IMO.

We do also badly need all the defensive minded players mentioned before in addition to another striker. If it was a priorities based and could only have one I would definatley go without the striker but ideally we need both kinds of players still.

Elephant Stone
29-01-2012, 08:02 PM
We've scored the lowest amount of goals in the SPL but folk think that we're all fine up front? Aye right.

O'Connor and Griffiths are talented players, they will score goals if they get proper service. O'Connor even managed to score a decent amount with no service at all. Getting more strikers will do nothing to solve our current problems.

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2012, 08:02 PM

I know what you're season beefster, but IMHO that's more to do with the midfield contribution, both goals wise and assists.

stokesmessiah
29-01-2012, 08:09 PM
This all seems to be coming from @Agentscotland on twitter (who is this btw?) and he also says that Hibs are back in for LB Andre Blackman on loan from Celtic.

MSK
29-01-2012, 08:10 PM
We do really, 3 established strikers with back up from youngsters seems pretty standard for the SPL, they just need to learn not to get banned for ridiculous things.No we dont ..Garry is likely away soon & we are unlikely to be able to afford/keep Leigh so we are down to the bare bones ..Im not a Sutton fan but should either of the two mentioned go then I would think he would be a reasonable signing ..

we are hibs
29-01-2012, 08:10 PM
link ?

The Green Goblin
29-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Defence? Defence? Defence? Anyone?

PeterboroHibee
29-01-2012, 08:17 PM
No we dont ..Garry is likely away soon & we are unlikely to be able to afford/keep Leigh so we are down to the bare bones ..Im not a Sutton fan but should either of the two mentioned go then I would think he would be a reasonable signing ..

So you are basing that on us losing either Griffiths or O'Connor, neither of which has happened yet? If one of them goes then yes, Id tend to agree we need another option upfront, but as things stand, we have 3 strikers at the club, 2 of whom have shown they are talented players and can score goals (not counting Doyle as he hasnt been here that long). What they need is a solid midfield and defence behind them, that isnt going to fall apart once they have put us in front, which happens near enough every game.

MSK
29-01-2012, 08:23 PM
So you are basing that on us losing either Griffiths or O'Connor, neither of which has happened yet? If one of them goes then yes, Id tend to agree we need another option upfront, but as things stand, we have 3 strikers at the club, 2 of whom have shown they are talented players and can score goals (not counting Doyle as he hasnt been here that long). What they need is a solid midfield and defence behind them, that isnt going to fall apart once they have put us in front, which happens near enough every game.I know what we need ..however we are still lightweight up front, even when both Garry & Leigh are available ..

itchy07
29-01-2012, 08:37 PM
If true then I hope we are offering the Yams less than was offered the last time we were rumoured to be in for him. The nearer to the window closing the more desperate they'll get!

Jonnyboy
29-01-2012, 08:40 PM

Agreed though it's worrying that we are the lowest scoring team in the SPL

HibbyAndy
29-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Yes please.

When is the last time we had a striker that puts his head in where it hurts AND scores goals with said head on a regular occurrence ?.

Yam or not yes please.

Andy74
29-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Better players needed in all positions so aye.

Twa Cairpets
29-01-2012, 09:02 PM
For all those saying " no thanks cos we need defenders", you are aware that signing a striker does not mean we can't sign/are looking to sign/ need to sign a centre half as well, aren't you?

Gordy M
29-01-2012, 09:08 PM
If this is true, i would think there is a possibility that GOC is away? I see that Everton have bid for Jelavic? :dunno:

brydekirk
29-01-2012, 09:09 PM
I hope PF has something up his sleeve regarding defenders, if not, the best strikers in the world won't stop us going down.

Elephant Stone
29-01-2012, 09:14 PM
For all those saying " no thanks cos we need defenders", you are aware that signing a striker does not mean we can't sign/are looking to sign/ need to sign a centre half as well, aren't you?

If we had a tidy transfer and wage pot then you'd be right but realistically if we sign Sutton it would mean we'd be restricted in who else we could bring in. We need defenders and midfielders desperately, I'd rather we were able to offer a decent wage to attract some decent midfielders and defenders, taking on Sutton would hinder that.

Golden Bear
29-01-2012, 09:16 PM
This is make believe stuff. There is absolutely no way Sutton would even consider signing for us.

Brebners Bookie
29-01-2012, 09:47 PM
If true then I hope we are offering the Yams less than was offered the last time we were rumoured to be in for him. The nearer to the window closing the more desperate they'll get!

If there is one thing we don't have to worry about with hibs it's getting the best deal possible.

The Green Goblin
29-01-2012, 09:56 PM

If that was aimed at me, you'll notice I never said "no thanks" but i stand by my belief that it is strengthening the defence which should be a priority above all else.

essexhibee
29-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I doubt he will come here solely on the basis that it could help a rival stay up.

IFONLY
29-01-2012, 11:11 PM
This is make believe stuff. There is absolutely no way Sutton would even consider signing for us.

And you know that how???

Cocaine&Caviar
29-01-2012, 11:49 PM
On loan to CC Mariners (Australia).

RickyS
30-01-2012, 12:06 AM
On loan to CC Mariners (Australia).

officially?

Hibbyradge
30-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Oh please.

This thread is embarrassing, to coin a phrase.

Keith_M
30-01-2012, 08:30 AM

This.

Can we have both please?

Andy74
30-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Oh please.

This thread is embarrassing, to coin a phrase.

How? Hearts have done their best to look stable for the last few weeks but the next couple of days might tell us how much of that was real or not.

Even if they don't have to close the doors shortly they still need to get the wage bill down and you could still see players exiting there on the cheap or free so why wouldn't we be interested?

big-mo
30-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Although we are bottom of the goal scoring league at the moment, in the 28 competitive games this season we have only failed to score in 10, and of that ten they have been three games against Ranger and twice against Celtic and Aberdeen, the others being Hearts, the Pars and Motherwell.

sesoim
30-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I know what you're season beefster, but IMHO that's more to do with the midfield contribution, both goals wise and assists.

If we could get in a goalscoring midfielder and also put Booth on the left wing, I think we could start scoring more.

For me, we still need another CB (maybe two!) a LB and, as I said, a goalscoring midfielder.

Hermit Crab
30-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Defence? Defence? Defence? Anyone?

There is a strong case to continue focusing on the bolstering the defence just now not the forward line. :agree:

Wellbankhibby
30-01-2012, 04:08 PM
I posted a note last week regards Jim Goodwin and that there was little chance of him coming to us as he talked about being happy at St Mirren. There is very little chance that Sutton will come to us either. Waste of time posting this as Hibs wont pay money for him.:rolleyes:

stokesmessiah
30-01-2012, 04:12 PM
I posted a note last week regards Jim Goodwin and that there was little chance of him coming to us as he talked about being happy at St Mirren. There is very little chance that Sutton will come to us either. Waste of time posting this as Hibs wont pay money for him.:rolleyes:

Thanks for that.

Steve-O
31-01-2012, 07:00 AM
The move to Central Coast, currently top of the A-League, seems to now be looking quite likely. :agree:

Would have taken him at Phoenix tbh.

Iain G
31-01-2012, 07:02 AM
The move to Central Coast, currently top of the A-League, seems to now be looking quite likely. :agree:

I don't want no Yam rejects at the Ring of Fire ThankYouVeryMuch!!! Did you enjoy Sunday, wasn't it good to see a team attacking with a lot of self belief, grat team spirit and a nice sprinkling of skill :greengrin

spike220
31-01-2012, 07:05 AM
I don't want no Yam rejects at the Ring of Fire ThankYouVeryMuch!!! Did you enjoy Sunday, wasn't it good to see a team attacking with a lot of self belief, grat team spirit and a nice sprinkling of skill :greengrin

How many of us (hibbys) are there in NZ?

Steve-O
31-01-2012, 07:09 AM

Indeed! Goals, chances, 2nd in the league, 13,600 attendance! Exact opposite from Hibs! :greengrini

zero-seven
31-01-2012, 07:10 AM

i lived in Christchurch for 8 years..had to get out due to the earthquakes..now livin in Oz

spike220
31-01-2012, 07:11 AM

I have tried to get onboard supporting the phoenix but I just feel like fraud and I cant really say I mind if win or lose, NZ football (Soccer) just does not do it for me. No offence intended so please dont take any.

GGTTH

spike220
31-01-2012, 07:14 AM
i lived in Christchurch for 8 years..had to get out due to the earthquakes..now livin in Oz

I dont blame you for leaving Christchurch mate, I could not stay if I had lived there, I am in Auckland at the moment, I hope to move to Otago soon one day.

GGTTH

Iain G
31-01-2012, 07:14 AM

There are 4 or 5 on here...lol as you have seen already :)

Auckland Hibs
31-01-2012, 07:17 AM
]I have tried to get onboard supporting the phoenix but I just feel like fraud [/B]and I cant really say I mind if win or lose, NZ football (Soccer) just does not do it for me. No offence intended so please dont take any.

GGTTH

Same here, just can't get into it. TBH I've enjoyed the Warriors and Blues games more than the Phoenix.

My only hope is one day that we get Fox / Setanta Sports so we can watch the cabbage live instead of streaming :not worth

Iain G
31-01-2012, 07:17 AM
I have tried to get onboard supporting the phoenix but I just feel like fraud and I cant really say I mind if win or lose, NZ football (Soccer) just does not do it for me. No offence intended so please dont take any.

GGTTH

It took me a while but missed my live football too much and the Nix are good to watch every now and again :greengrin

I tired to watch the egg chasing but it just doesn't do it for me at all...

spike220
31-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Indeed! Goals, chances, 2nd in the league, 13,600 attendance! Exact opposite from Hibs! :greengrini

13,600 thats becuse it is the only soccer team in the country, the staduim capacity is 35,00 so that is over 20,00 empty seats! The local derby consists of playing a team from Austrailia. It is very hard to get excited about the phoenix (I have tried).

GGTTH

spike220
31-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Same here, just can't get into it. TBH I've enjoyed the Warriors and Blues games more than the Phoenix.

My only hope is one day that we get Fox / Setanta Sports so we can watch the cabbage live instead of streaming :not worth

Yeah I'd rather watch the blues or ABs than the Phoenix, but nothing will replace Hibs in my life there is no other. What part of Auckland are you in?

GGTTH

Iain G
31-01-2012, 07:31 AM
13,600 thats becuse it is the only soccer team in the country, the staduim capacity is 35,00 so that is over 20,00 empty seats! The local derby consists of playing a team from Austrailia. It is very hard to get excited about the phoenix (I have tried).

GGTTH

Maybe ya need to move to Welly :wink:

Auckland Hibs
31-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Yeah I'd rather watch the blues or ABs than the Phoenix, but nothing will replace Hibs in my life there is no other. What part of Auckland are you in?

GGTTH

I'm in Epsom / Newmarket, just moved here from Freeman's Bay.

I've been down Foxes in the Viaduct to watch a few of the Phoenix games live, they get a few regulars in for the live games; scarfs, strips, beers and some good banter but it's not quite the same feel as the Royal Nip or Robbies!

Auckland Hibs
31-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Maybe ya need to move to Welly :wink:

Great town Iain G but the endless wind and my quiff just don't go!

chrisski33
31-01-2012, 07:48 AM
This a thread about sutton or a get to together between fellow hibbys in nz? lol

Iain G
31-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Great town Iain G but the endless wind and my quiff just don't go!

You don't notice the wind after a while and you can always buy some stronger hold hair gel :greengrin

Auckland Hibs
31-01-2012, 07:50 AM
This a thread about sutton or a get to together between fellow hibbys in nz? lol

:hijack:

Ok, let's talk about the Yams instead - that's usually acceptable.

Steve-O
31-01-2012, 08:01 AM

GGTTH

The rugby teams generally have more empty seats than that and they are playing local derbies every other week.

After watching Hibs in the flesh twice over xmas, I find it VERY easy to get excited about Phoenix!

Never gonna happen if you live in Auckland and can't go to games though, whole different experience going to the game than watching on TV.

Iain G
31-01-2012, 08:15 AM
The rugby teams generally have more empty seats than that and they are playing local derbies every other week.

After watching Hibs in the flesh twice over xmas, I find it VERY easy to get excited about Phoenix!

Never gonna happen if you live in Auckland and can't go to games though, whole different experience going to the game than watching on TV.

Having been at the Sunderland pre-season friendly I can appreciate that, especially on a day as good as that game on Sunday :greengrin

spike220
31-01-2012, 08:23 AM

:hijack: You lucky thing, I love to have been at Easter Road this Christmas, though I am going later this year. do you get to ER often?

So are you a Pheonix fan 1st and Hibs 2nd?

GGTTH (sorry to those who want to hear about Sutton, He aint coming imho)

Steve-O
31-01-2012, 08:29 AM
:hijack: You lucky thing, I love to have been at Easter Road this Christmas, though I am going later this year. do you get to ER often?

So are you a Pheonix fan 1st and Hibs 2nd?

GGTTH (sorry to those who want to hear about Sutton, He aint coming imho)

Was there twice at xmas there, and saw 3 games when back last year. ZERO wins in those games...'lucky' is not the word I would use! :greengrin

Ah there's no first and second placings really. I able to support Phoenix more as I am here so guess you could say I support them more right now...but not overall in my life. Been away for 4 years now and when Hibs are as crap as they have been in basicaly that whole time, it is a lot easier to lose interest!

Iain G
31-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Was there twice at xmas there, and saw 3 games when back last year. ZERO wins in those games...'lucky' is not the word I would use! :greengrin

Ah there's no first and second placings really. I able to support Phoenix more as I am here so guess you could say I support them more right now...but not overall in my life. Been away for 4 years now and when Hibs are as crap as they have been in basicaly that whole time, it is a lot easier to lose interest!

One of the upsides of Hibs being woefull is never having to worry about booking that bloody expensive flight for the Scottish Cup final in May :wink:

Iain G
31-01-2012, 08:37 AM
I find it hard to get excited about the A-League. Even now that Perth glory are flying. The fact that it's orchestrated by Steven Mc-****ing-Garry tearing up the league's defences probably doesn't help.

Ian Ferguson managing them doesn't help much either I suspect, neither does watching Liam Miller flounce ineffectively around the midfield... :greengrin