PDA

View Full Version : Ibrox Irony

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Could not help laughing at the irony with Rangers fans singing God save the Queen, when you consider HMRC are the biggest contribution to their current plight :faf:

As an aside, I went to shop at the Subway prior to the match, which meant walking back amongst the bears to get to away end. Some old boy was handing out newsletters entitled "The Protestant View"....What chance do we have in society, when religious propaganda like this is being handed out......:rolleyes:

Geo_1875
29-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Did you tell the old boy where to stick his protestant view?

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Did you tell the old boy where to stick his protestant view?

I did indeed George

greenlex
29-01-2012, 06:10 PM
I did indeed George
You could say you gave him the Hibernian veiw. :greengrin

blueisthecolour
29-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Could not help laughing at the irony with Rangers fans singing God save the Queen, when you consider HMRC are the biggest contribution to their current plight :faf:

As an aside, I went to shop at the Subway prior to the match, which meant walking back amongst the bears to get to away end. Some old boy was handing out newsletters entitled "The Protestant View"....What chance do we have in society, when religious propaganda like this is being handed out......:rolleyes:

Where was this, ive been going to ibrox for many years and have never came across such a publication ?

Jonnyboy
29-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Where was this, ive been going to ibrox for many years and have never came across such a publication ?

Try the away end next time :wink:

beensaidbefore
29-01-2012, 10:37 PM

Totally agree, but the irony of it is, to stop or ban it, would only give it more of a voice. Education about the stupidity of it all is the real key to cracking the problem.

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2012, 10:37 PM

Really.....??

There was a piper and drummer playing near clubstore, the guy was about 200 yards down towards Ibrox Subway....

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2012, 10:42 PM
There was also a lovely wee guy selling "King Billy on the wall" scarves and red hand flags.....

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 10:47 PM
There was also a lovely wee guy selling "King Billy on the wall" scarves and red hand flags.....

It would only have been two or three doing this, so in effect a minority.

blueisthecolour
29-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Really.....??

There was a piper and drummer playing near clubstore, the guy was about 200 yards down towards Ibrox Subway....

I'm not saying he wasn't there, just that ive been going for many years and thought I would have came across him by now, where you describe ive seen no1 fanzine rangers historian and follow follow being sold. I might have a look next game.

Albion Hibs
29-01-2012, 10:52 PM

I think you are being a bit generous in assuming they would have the required brain power to put 2 and 2 together on that front.

Bunter
29-01-2012, 10:54 PM
It would only have been two or three doing this, so in effect a minority.
:thumbsup:

Obviously. Of course it's not a wide spread problem amongst them. Oh no...... :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm not saying he wasn't there, just that ive been going for many years and thought I would have came across him by now, where you describe ive seen no1 fanzine rangers historian and follow follow being sold. I might have a look next game.

There was a fanzine seller near the other guy who was giving away religious bile................

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2012, 10:59 PM
I think you are being a bit generous in assuming they would have the required brain power to put 2 and 2 together on that front.

Suppose so AH, knuckle draggers the lot of them

blueisthecolour
29-01-2012, 10:59 PM

Yeah ive seen him, he is at parkhead when celtic play at home selling boys of the old brigade, god bless the pope bobby sands scarves ect, some will do anything for cash.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Yeah ive seen him, he is at parkhead when celtic play at home selling boys of the old brigade, god bless the pope bobby sands scarves ect, some will do anything for cash.

He wouldn't be there or at parkhead if he sold none of them. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2012, 11:01 PM

Two cheeks of the same erse.

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2012, 11:03 PM

Spot on, there is a market for this nonsense.....Bigotry amongst the old firm is still and always will be alive and kicking.

Carheenlea
29-01-2012, 11:03 PM

As long as there are large numbers of bigots following the Old Firm, there is definately cash to be made from such drivel. Good luck to the boy I say.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Spot on, there is a market for this nonsense.....Bigotry amongst the old firm is still and always will be alive and kicking.

And as usual instead of castigating the guy, he tries to make out its someone making a few bob for himself. These **** will never change, and wont even admit there's a problem.

blaikie
29-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Well I used to work near Ibrox on matchdays ..... And there is "orange" newsletters diving about, Guy got a firm
naw every time I happened to pass. Thank god I no longer work in Govan.

pacorosssco
29-01-2012, 11:10 PM

This isnt and is personal. I have lived in Edinburgh and currently abroad and have had to mix in both Celtic and Rangers company. Im sick of the see no evil hear no evil Bu(($h!t both set of fans come out with tbh I find the plastics worse but because they think were 'the same' they pretend to play nice. Both sets of supporters are a shower of $___e and contribute no end to a lesser ambition in life. Rangers never had an orange kit saint oneill didnt hear IRA songs club policy is as big a contibution as the fans but what do the SFA do? 0 is the answer. F off the lot of you old firm tramps and the SFA for letting it ****** for too long. The idiocy has long been proved and the rest of the planet is better off with out you. I have met born and bred scots pretend they are Irish and oppressed I have met large and small unionists from towns 200 miles from glasgow sing god save the queen one week while being snp voters the next. Its boring as the argument was lost long ago. Celtics support have no religion or are state school educated rather than catholic and will be at least 80 % born and bred Scottish. Rangers support are two faced transexuals who are no more than DOUBLEADAPTERS depending on the mood.

pope save the Queen you OLD squirm muppets.

Lofarl
29-01-2012, 11:11 PM
The guy could sell gear at the away end with slogans such as Down with this Sort of thing, Don't bring politics into football or I support my local team.

He'd make a mint.

blueisthecolour
29-01-2012, 11:20 PM

He would actually because he also does green and white bars scarves maybe appealing to hibs fans and scarves with players names ect, there is obv some who want such scarves at KBOTW or BOTOB and he is giving the option, although myself I don't see why anyone would want one of these at a game.

beensaidbefore
29-01-2012, 11:22 PM
This isnt and is personal. I have lived in Edinburgh and currently abroad and have had to mix in both Celtic and Rangers company. Im sick of the see no evil hear no evil Bu(($h!t both set of fans come out with tbh I find the plastics worse but because they think were 'the same' they pretend to play nice. Both sets of supporters are a shower of $___e and contribute no end to a lesser ambition in life. Rangers never had an orange kit saint oneill didnt hear IRA songs club policy is as big a contibution as the fans but what do the SFA do? 0 is the answer. F off the lot of you old firm tramps and the SFA for letting it ****** for too long. The idiocy has long been proved and the rest of the planet is better off with out you. I have met born and bred scots pretend they are Irish and oppressed I have met large and small unionists from towns 200 miles from glasgow sing god save the queen one week while being snp voters the next. Its boring as the argument was lost long ago. Celtics support have no religion or are state school educated rather than catholic and will be at least 80 % born and bred Scottish. Rangers support are two faced transexuals who are no more than DOUBLEADAPTERS depending on the mood.

pope save the Queen you OLD squirm muppets.

Hilarious, that is a rant n a half. Some valid points raised though.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 11:22 PM
He would actually because he also does green and white bars scarves maybe appealing to hibs fans and scarves with players names ect, there is obv some who want such scarves at KBOTW or BOTOB and he is giving the option, although myself I don't see why anyone would want one of these at a game.

Oh well thats ok then, thanks for clearing that up, he only has a minority of scarfs and flags that offend, and sells them to the minority who sing the sheite your lot and the other lot sing.. :rolleyes:

essexhibee
29-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Would love to ask some of the teenage rangers fans why indeed they are flying a red hand flag and singing rule Britannia.....wonder if they would even know the meaning behind it? Highly doubt it myself!!

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Would love to ask some of the teenage rangers fans why indeed they are flying a red hand flag and singing rule Britannia.....wonder if they would even know the meaning behind it? Highly doubt it myself!!

Not sure myself TBH!

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Not sure myself TBH!
race between three brothers to claim the lands of antrim first to lay hand on the ground wins.
younger brother cut his hand off and threw it on the beach thereby winning.
macdonald legend\lore.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 11:49 PM
race between three brothers to claim the lands of antrim first to lay hand on the ground wins.
younger brother cut his hand off and threw it on the beach thereby winning.
macdonald legend\lore.

And that has what to do with watching supporting football?

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 11:52 PM
And that has what to do with watching supporting football?
absolutely **** all mate, but antrim is in ulster and the red hand is on the ulster flag therefore the huns use it.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 11:55 PM
absolutely **** all mate, but antrim is in ulster and the red hand is on the ulster flag therefore the huns use it.

All bollocks to me mate it genuinely is!!

beensaidbefore
29-01-2012, 11:58 PM

It is all bollocks mate, and it doesnt have a place in football, but its exactly the same as Tartan Army dressing up like Mel Gibson from Braveheart, only a less socially acceptable version

neilmartinrocks
30-01-2012, 12:00 AM

welcome to life outside of the twisted sisters mate.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2012, 12:03 AM
It is all bollocks mate, and it doesnt have a place in football, but its exactly the same as Tartan Army dressing up like Mel Gibson from Braveheart, only a less socially acceptable version

Dragged through generation by generation no doubt with each generation knowing less about it than the previous one but going along with it because they know no better!

beensaidbefore
30-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Dragged through generation by generation no doubt with each generation knowing less about it than the previous one but going along with it because they know no better!

tbh, i have no problem with people holding different views about the rights and wrongs of English Kings charging about the British isles doing as they saw fit, and I for one, although no expert, know enough to have an opinion about Scottish history. Irish people are equally entitled to have their own opinions on their own history.
My issue is with football clubs in Scotland being used as pawns to promote religious intolerance and hatred, resulting in uneducated people in this country thinking its actually part of the 'football culture', while the SFA have that many OF bigots in their midst they cant see the wood for the trees. Until the Scottish Govt gives real power to prosecute those who promote or fail to prevent this type of behaviour. i.e. banning FTP, FTQ type scarfs, nonsense song singers, distribution of nonsense publications around the ground...but you need police to enforce it, and if they are Strathclyde officers, chances are they have their own views on the problem...just like me!:cb

Lost_Mackem
30-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Evening all, long time no see.

Ah Rangers, as a young boy growing up in England, coverage of Scottish football was virtually non-existant, although obviously we all got various snippets of reports of Old Firm games on occasion. Thus, I took a liking to Rangers over Celtic, not exactly sure why, although I am from a Protestant background I was completely ignorant of the fact that religion was such a big factor with the Old Firm as a happy go lucky young laddie. The reason I liked Rangers then? Maybe it was the colour of their strip, maybe it was because Sunderland bought Claudio Reyna from them, but really, I think I liked the name of the football club... Rangers eh? Hmm...

Of course, as I got older I have learned more of the bigotry and downright disgusting behavior carried out by fans of the Ibrox club.

Still prefer 'em to Celtic though.

Lucius Apuleius
30-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Funnily enough I too hate the plastics more than der hun (not a lot in it mind you!!). Mine is purely based on history and rather than embrace our so called synergies I despise them.naged to find One thing about der hun that I have never managed to work out though is their affinity to the Ulster and the red hand. I can appreciate whilst not liking celtc's affinity to Ireland, but der hun and Ulster? I see no connection at all unless it is purely an opposite view of celtc and done to annoy the, if this is the case then surely this only started after independance was granted to Ireland? Strange people (this word used very very loosely).

stevenhibs
30-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Despise the entire place. Ibrox, Parkhead, Hampden, Ashfield....

Horrible, Vile part of the country!

Hibrandenburg
30-01-2012, 06:17 AM

That's the problem though, there's obviously a market at your games for his stuff otherwise if wouldn't be wasting his time being there would he?

Hibernia Na Eir
30-01-2012, 09:14 AM
once a smelly hun always!!!

Big Frank
30-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Funnily enough I too hate the plastics more than der hun (not a lot in it mind you!!). Mine is purely based on history and rather than embrace our so called synergies I despise them.naged to find One thing about der hun that I have never managed to work out though is their affinity to the Ulster and the red hand. I can appreciate whilst not liking celtc's affinity to Ireland, but der hun and Ulster? I see no connection at all unless it is purely an opposite view of celtc and done to annoy the, if this is the case then surely this only started after independance was granted to Ireland? Strange people (this word used very very loosely).It started just after the first world war. High unemployment in Ulster (especially places such as Harland & Wolff) resulted in loads of Ulstermen settling in the West coast of Scotland.... being vociferous, ahem, proddies, they certainly didn't adopt glasgowsellickfc as their favourites.Now the soapies, their oirishness is wholly faked. They raped Hibernian FC.

beensaidbefore
30-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Funnily enough I too hate the plastics more than der hun (not a lot in it mind you!!). Mine is purely based on history and rather than embrace our so called synergies I despise them.naged to find One thing about der hun that I have never managed to work out though is their affinity to the Ulster and the red hand. I can appreciate whilst not liking celtc's affinity to Ireland, but der hun and Ulster? I see no connection at all unless it is purely an opposite view of celtc and done to annoy the, if this is the case then surely this only started after independance was granted to Ireland? Strange people (this word used very very loosely).

Could very well be the main reason, coupled with the fact the hhuns play in Red, White, n Blue, the union flag colours.

It would be interesting to find out from anyone who frequents their message board if they actually even know the reason?

beensaidbefore
30-01-2012, 06:57 PM
oops