PDA

View Full Version : the man (probably) behind the signings of boozy, murphy, benji, deno ect .....

yekimevol
29-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Jack Watson is a 90 year old scout and has been tony mowbrays lead scout since he was with us, he was probably the man responsible for many of tonys great signings.

With all the talk over who our current scouts are and how we have ended up buying a load of crap basically since mowbray left, it might be down to not having this man and whoever we replaced him with.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16705682.stm

TheDude
29-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Nice feature.

SMAXXA
29-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Really enjoyed that, :top marks

BEEJ
29-01-2012, 12:20 PM
That confirms the immense value to a footbal club of having someone truly gifted in the realm of scouting.

sesoim
29-01-2012, 03:03 PM
That confirms the immense value to a footbal club of having someone truly gifted in the realm of scouting.

:agree: Totally. Ultimately, it is a manager's choice to sign players, but a great scout can save you a lot of time and make your job a LOT easier. Hibs used to be fairly good at finding bargains, but our failure to do so recently has certainly hampered us.

erin go bragh
29-01-2012, 03:20 PM
:agree: Totally. Ultimately, it is a manager's choice to sign players, but a great scout can save you a lot of time and make your job a LOT easier. Hibs used to be fairly good at finding bargains, but our failure to do so recently has certainly hampered us.

Agreed , i was working at an old boys house in edina street who was the scout that found john collins for hibs , cant remember his name but he told me that until jc went to monaco, that he went to the old boys house once a month for his dinner .

ggtth

Beefster
29-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Loved it. Thanks for posting.

SRHibs
29-01-2012, 03:58 PM
I miss Mowbray.

LeithBoozy
29-01-2012, 05:19 PM
I miss Mowbray.You and thousands of other Hibbys mate.:rolleyes:

DarlingtonHibee
29-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Had the privilege of meeting the guy a couple of times- complete gentleman, my Father in law is an ex player in the North East, and knows him well.

lyonhibs
29-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Jack Watson is a 90 year old scout and has been tony mowbrays lead scout since he was with us, he was probably the man responsible for many of tonys great signings. With all the talk over who our current scouts are and how we have ended up buying a load of crap basically since mowbray left, it might be down to not having this man and whoever we replaced him with. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16705682.stm Hilariously - or tragically, depending on your POV - all of those players in your thread title (bar - I think - Murphy) have been subjected to sustained abuse on here and from the stands (I don't necessarily exempt myself from this charge) for being lazy, half hearted and/or selfish/disinterested. Sometimes, as a support, we end up with the team we deserve. You really don't know what you had until its gone, and been replaced with some of the jokers we've had over the past 3 or 4 years!!

Bishop Hibee
29-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Hilariously - or tragically, depending on your POV - all of those players in your thread title (bar - I think - Murphy) have been subjected to sustained abuse on here and from the stands (I don't necessarily exempt myself from this charge) for being lazy, half hearted and/or selfish/disinterested. Sometimes, as a support, we end up with the team we deserve. You really don't know what you had until its gone, and been replaced with some of the jokers we've had over the past 3 or 4 years!!

Correct. The fool I had to endure beside me when I sat in the West Stand Upper used to slag off Whittaker mercilessly. I eventually told him that he was the best right back we'd had since the 70's and we'd miss him when he left. Cue mouthful of abuse from the buffoon. I can only assume that fan spends his Saturday in his local or the bookies if he thought players of that quality were crap.

yekimevol
29-01-2012, 07:13 PM
I miss Mowbray.

we all do, We miss fast flowing attacking football. something we lost a fare wee bit ago and something that if brought back could save us this season. By that i mean we cant defend to save ourselves so why not through the kitchen sink at them from the word go, no more 4-5-1's or 4-4-2s with holding center mids, but overlapping full backs and one attacking center midfielder and one who stays back.

yekimevol
29-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Hilariously - or tragically, depending on your POV - all of those players in your thread title (bar - I think - Murphy) have been subjected to sustained abuse on here and from the stands (I don't necessarily exempt myself from this charge) for being lazy, half hearted and/or selfish/disinterested. Sometimes, as a support, we end up with the team we deserve. You really don't know what you had until its gone, and been replaced with some of the jokers we've had over the past 3 or 4 years!!

i never said a bad word against any can i concider them to be some of the best signings we made since the mcleish era. Would deno or benji get into the squad now, imho yes. we will not have a better passer of the ball than boozy for a VERY long time.

SmokieJoe
29-01-2012, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=yekimevol;3092626]Jack Watson is a 90 year old scout and has been tony mowbrays lead scout since he was with us, he was probably the man responsible for many of tonys great signings.

With all the talk over who our current scouts are and how we have ended up buying a load of crap basically since mowbray left, it might be down to not having this man and whoever we replaced him with.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16705682.stm[/QU
Moybrays Fitness coatch was punted when he off'd to West Brom, and the teams fitness levels dropped big time soon after.