embarrassing :rolleyes:

R'Albin
28-01-2012, 09:26 PM
WTF was the singing about Alex Salmond for .. he's a Friggin Jambo

What was the song?

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I would rather support the Huns than the smug as ****, not got a clue nationalists. :agree:

Football is football, leave it as that.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2012, 09:30 PM
What was the song?

:singing: There's only one Alex Salmond...

greenlex
28-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Surely a jape at the Huns Unionist veiws? Having said that they would probably be too thick to ghet it.

Elephant Stone
28-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Don't see the biggie here, they loathe him for trying to bring their fans into the 21st century. Winding them up and congratulating him for doing this sounds fine by me.

Chuck Rhoades
28-01-2012, 09:42 PM
I never sung this once, either did any of the chaps I was with? Must have been everyone associate with S43 though:rolleyes:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Don't see the biggie here, they loathe him for trying to bring their fans into the 21st century. Winding them up and congratulating him for doing this sounds fine by me.

Isn't Govan, an SNP seat?

Hainan Hibs
28-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Great to hear that Section 43 are onside with the good guys:agree:

Keep it up lads and hopefully we get a rendition at Easter Road soon:agree:

:greengrin

frazeHFC
28-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I never sung this once, either did any of the chaps I was with? Must have been everyone associate with S43 though:rolleyes:

Did you not know? Good songs are sung by everyone, it's only the unliked songs that Sect 43 sing. :rolleyes:

hibee_nation
28-01-2012, 10:00 PM
I would rather support the Huns than the smug as ****, not got a clue nationalists. :agree:

:clown:

R'Albin
28-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Oh.. bit too complex for the Huns.. :no way:

Elephant Stone
28-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Isn't Govan, an SNP seat?

"Them" being Rangers fans, not the locals. Think Govan is more of a Celtc area anyway is it not?

Houchy
28-01-2012, 10:21 PM
"Them" being Rangers fans, not the locals. Think Govan is more of a Celtc area anyway is it not?

Ipox is in Govan. That's like saying Gorgie is a Hibs area or Leith is a hertz area.

Celtc are the other side of Glasgow.

If you ever get stopped by a group of lads without a full set of teeth between them in Govan and they ask what team you support, please, for the love of god, don't sat Celtic to try and avoid a kicking.

This is a public health notice provided by Houchy.

Reaper
28-01-2012, 10:21 PM
mmmm......strange one if true. Not for me. Once a Hearts ******, always a Hearts ******.

Elephant Stone
28-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Ipox is in Govan. That's like saying Gorgie is a Hibs area or Leith is a hertz area.

Fans don't always live where their stadium is, I'm pretty sure Ibrox is in a Celtic area.

Houchy
28-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Fans don't always live where their stadium is, I'm pretty sure Ibrox is in a Celtic area.

I was thinking Hibs/Hearts: Leith/Gorgie but them Glesga dafties are a stupid bunch so that may be the case. I'm not going to disagree.:greengrin

The Green Goblin
28-01-2012, 10:44 PM
If they had come to Easter Road and sung "There's only one Margaret Thatcher" we would have been pissed off about yet another example of the Huns bringing politics into a football match, with good reason. A song about Salmond is no different. It's politics - what's it got to do with football?

nonshinyfinish
28-01-2012, 10:51 PM

Govan is chockablock with Huns.

stoneyburn hibs
28-01-2012, 11:00 PM

Govan is defo hunland , any mention of the lesser greens would not be good for your health

Baldy
28-01-2012, 11:10 PM

if you were one of the ones with the banner before the game, then the guys beside you were certainly singing it

hibs0666
28-01-2012, 11:29 PM

Glasgow bar refused licence had Provo poster signed by killer

Sunday Mirror, Mar 16, 2003

by DONNA CARTON

KING Rat killer Crip McWilliams signed a poster celebrating the Maze murder which was hung it in a pub shrine to republican terrorism.

The poster, showing a rat caught in a trap, was just one of a number of items in the Tall Cranes Bar, glorifying the IRA and INLA terror campaigns.

But, this week, the sectarian memorabilia convinced licensing bosses to refuse the pub a late licence in the first move of its kind in Glasgow.

The application was thrown out following police complaints about the pub, which was also the scene of a "near riot" after a Celtic/ Rangers football game.

Police told the licensing board that on a routine visit to the Tall Cranes Bar in Craigton Road, Govan, officers found pictures on the walls glorifying Irish republican terrorists.

And days after the discovery, police were called to fighting outside the pub following an Old Firm game.

The offending material included a picture glorifying the murder of LVF chief Billy Wright, who was shot dead by the INLA while in the Maze Prison in 1997.

Police said the picture, of a rat being caught in a trap, was signed by the three terrorists who were later jailed for his murder, including gunman Christopher "Crip" McWilliams.

It was dedicated to the "staff and patrons of the Tall Cranes Bar, Govan".

Other images included one of armed and masked gunmen firing a volley of shots over a coffin, a tribute to the 10 republican hunger strikers who died in the 1980s and paintings commemorating an IRA escape bid from the Maze.

The Tall Cranes was voluntarily closed by its owner Matthew Reilly shortly after the police discovery.

He had been hoping to have his regular late licence renewed at a meeting earlier this week so he could sell the bar.

But the board refused when Superintendent David Martin of Strathclyde Police told its members that it was ironic that while people in Northern Ireland were trying to bring about change, a pub in Glasgow was glorifying the violence they had suffered.

And he warned the Tall Cranes would not be the last pub in the city to be reported if others were found to be encouraging bigotry.

The clampdown came just days before today's Old Firm clash at Hamden Park.

Gordon Macdiarmid, the board's vice chairman, said it was the first time he was aware of sanctions being imposed on a bar which displayed such material.

He added: "The police case was that the display of this material and the incident which followed December's Old Firm match meant the pub was a threat to public order and a source of public nuisance."

A spokesman for anti-sectarian pressure group Nil By Mouth added: "This is a step in the right direction and the board should be commended for its decision.
"We hope this is a lesson to other establishments."

Hibercelona
28-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Rangers fans live near parkhead and Celtic fans live near ibrox.

They struggle to tell the difference.....

Sir David Gray
28-01-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure about Govan but the areas surrounding Parkhead are certainly Rangers orientated.

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Glasgow bar refused licence had Provo poster signed by killer

Sunday Mirror, Mar 16, 2003

by DONNA CARTON

KING Rat killer Crip McWilliams signed a poster celebrating the Maze murder which was hung it in a pub shrine to republican terrorism.

The poster, showing a rat caught in a trap, was just one of a number of items in the Tall Cranes Bar, glorifying the IRA and INLA terror campaigns.

But, this week, the sectarian memorabilia convinced licensing bosses to refuse the pub a late licence in the first move of its kind in Glasgow.

The application was thrown out following police complaints about the pub, which was also the scene of a "near riot" after a Celtic/ Rangers football game.

Police told the licensing board that on a routine visit to the Tall Cranes Bar in Craigton Road, Govan, officers found pictures on the walls glorifying Irish republican terrorists.

And days after the discovery, police were called to fighting outside the pub following an Old Firm game.

The offending material included a picture glorifying the murder of LVF chief Billy Wright, who was shot dead by the INLA while in the Maze Prison in 1997.

Police said the picture, of a rat being caught in a trap, was signed by the three terrorists who were later jailed for his murder, including gunman Christopher "Crip" McWilliams.

It was dedicated to the "staff and patrons of the Tall Cranes Bar, Govan".

Other images included one of armed and masked gunmen firing a volley of shots over a coffin, a tribute to the 10 republican hunger strikers who died in the 1980s and paintings commemorating an IRA escape bid from the Maze.

The Tall Cranes was voluntarily closed by its owner Matthew Reilly shortly after the police discovery.

He had been hoping to have his regular late licence renewed at a meeting earlier this week so he could sell the bar.

But the board refused when Superintendent David Martin of Strathclyde Police told its members that it was ironic that while people in Northern Ireland were trying to bring about change, a pub in Glasgow was glorifying the violence they had suffered.

And he warned the Tall Cranes would not be the last pub in the city to be reported if others were found to be encouraging bigotry.

The clampdown came just days before today's Old Firm clash at Hamden Park.

Gordon Macdiarmid, the board's vice chairman, said it was the first time he was aware of sanctions being imposed on a bar which displayed such material.

He added: "The police case was that the display of this material and the incident which followed December's Old Firm match meant the pub was a threat to public order and a source of public nuisance."

A spokesman for anti-sectarian pressure group Nil By Mouth added: "This is a step in the right direction and the board should be commended for its decision.
"We hope this is a lesson to other establishments."

Could just as easily be describing the OF crowd!

Holmesdale Hibs
29-01-2012, 12:06 AM

Alex Salmond is a cock, especially in football related discussions as he is also a jambo. However winding up the Huns must be commended at all times. The two wrongs cancel so no bothered. Good effort, it's pretty funny. I hope there was a few Huns in that were able to explain it to their mates.

TRC
29-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Political or sporting the man is a complete tool end of i'm disgusted if anyone was singing that mans name. Torries without the bus fare similar to yams!!!

.Sean.
29-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Completely cringeworthy, as are a few other of the things they sing IMO. Then again, i've never liked the notion of an organised 'singing section'.

'SNP, SNP, SNP and One Alex Salmond' were embarassing.

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Completely cringeworthy, as are a few other of the things they sing IMO. Then again, i've never liked the notion of an organised 'singing section'.

Right, so every single person that sung that are all apart of the group. Only people in S43 sing and nobody else at all; not a single other Hibs fan. You couldn't be more ignorant and/or narrow minded if you tried!

joe breezy
29-01-2012, 09:58 AM

If you ever get stopped by a group of lads without a full set of teeth between them in Govan and they ask what team you support, please, for the love of god, don't sat Celtic to try and avoid a kicking.

It isn't as simple as that - there are plenty Huns on the East Side; Duke Street, Shettleston and Bridgeton would all be Celtic going by your logic - there are lots of Celtic in Possil, which should be Partick Thistle at best or Rangers at worst perhaps

Also once you meet groups of guys and gangs in Glasgow, other than the hardcore casuals you find that loads of Celtic and Rangers fans are best pals

If a gang stops you in Glasgow they're more likely to care if you're from another gang a mile away, that also have mixed football preferences

Pretty Boy
29-01-2012, 10:01 AM

Thou shalt not criticise the Hibernian Glee club.

Fantic
29-01-2012, 10:01 AM
organised singing section - its just a bunch of laddies who go along for a good day out. Its what laddies have been doing for years but all of a sudden its meant to be something bigger than that. They should just go along and have a good time and stop trying to 'organise' it, and we should just leave them alone. At the end of the day does anyone really care!

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Thou shalt not criticise the Hibernian Glee club.

Difference between criticise and becoming the scapegoat for every negative thing that happens amoingst the support.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Rangers fans live near parkhead and Celtic fans live near ibrox.

They struggle to tell the difference.....

Sniffer dogs would get confused.

wick hibby
29-01-2012, 10:26 AM

Thank god for that :thumbsup:

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 10:42 AM
organised singing section - its just a bunch of laddies who go along for a good day out. Its what laddies have been doing for years but all of a sudden its meant to be something bigger than that. They should just go along and have a good time and stop trying to 'organise' it, and we should just leave them alone. At the end of the day does anyone really care!

I think you'll find 'laddies' were doing it for years but have stopped. Thus turning ER into one of the least noisy stadiums in Scotland.

I for one congratulate S43 in at least attempting to co-ordinate some sort of attempt to create an atmosphere at Hibs matches.

Here's a novel idea. Instead aimlessly criticising them, why don't you offer some constructive advice and suggestions?

As for your last comment, many people do care. :gun:

Jack
29-01-2012, 11:24 AM
If they had come to Easter Road and sung "There's only one Margaret Thatcher" we would have been pissed off about yet another example of the Huns bringing politics into a football match, with good reason. A song about Salmond is no different. It's politics - what's it got to do with football?

Wasn't there but the same was sung are ER earlier in the season. I assumed it was directed at them given their opposition to the proposed anti social football legislation introduced by the SNP government. So it is directly related to football IMO.

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Ive always wondered what some peoples problem is with section 43.
Is it because they go to enjoy their day at the footie or maybe the noise distracts people from reading their program? All that jumping about spills the bovrill?
More noise the better imo.
ps excuse the bold pc's fault.

lucky
29-01-2012, 01:18 PM
No problem with S43 but some of the songs are pathetic. Yesterdays attempt was just as bad as the team

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 01:24 PM

Since the Hibs 12th Man/ Section 43 etc started the atmospheres have improved over the last few years (with much worse football) and the idea of getting involved with the club, having flags out to add some colour, and generally trying to get new Hibs songs going is definately better than a desolate, boring Easter Road where every little insult at a player can be heard. Without 'a bunch of laddies' trying and succeeding in making the atmosphere better, the games would not be as enjoyable for me and many others i know.

So yes, a lot of people care. If anyone has any poor feelings towards Section 43 then fair enough, but unless you are going to contribute or give ideas, then keep them to yourself because they are just becoming boring.

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 01:25 PM
No problem with S43 but some of the songs are pathetic. Yesterdays attempt was just as bad as the team

As mentioned earlier in the thread though, the song wasn't sung by any member of Section 43.

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 01:33 PM

Can't all be classics mate. As long as they support Hibs and noise up the other lot job done.
Had them behind me in the East a couple of times and yeah some of it is kiech but at least they make the effort.
:flag::top marks:thumbsup::aok:

The_Todd
29-01-2012, 01:35 PM
For those blaming S43, does Ibrox even have a section 43? I could understand people blaming Section43 if a) it was a home game and b) the singing was actually coming from section 43 itself.

That said, any songs celebrating the governments attempts to stamp out the bigotry evident in both halves of the OF are to be celebrated. Especially if it gets up the noses of our Weegie chums.

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Not sure if it's an age thing or short memories but I can't believe people are getting their knickers in a twist over S43 choice of songs.

They want to have heard some of the beauties that were belted out from the East back in the 80's & 90's!:whistle:

It makes some of the current ones sound like nursery rhymes!

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Not sure if it's an age thing or short memories but I can't believe people are getting their knickers in a twist over S43 choice of songs.

They want to have heard some of the beauties that were belted out from the East back in the 80's & 90's!:whistle:

AYE!! some of the auld sangs were just a bit naughty at times.

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 01:45 PM
AYE!! some of the auld sangs were just a bit naughty at times.

But they created atmosphere. Sometimes fun and light-hearted, sometimes a bit edgy (depending on who the opposition were).

The best part was not having to listen to wee girls whinging about them on the internet after the match.

ER is so sanitised these days. I bet people even wash their hands after taking a piss :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 01:49 PM

Id hazard a guess that most of Sec 43 weren't born until the mid 90s after seeing them yesterday! :greengrin

hibs0666
29-01-2012, 01:50 PM

Sing some better ones then.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 01:51 PM
But they created atmosphere. Sometimes fun and light-hearted, sometimes a bit edgy (depending on who the opposition were).

The best part was not having to listen to wee girls whinging about them on the internet after the match.

ER is so sanitised these days. I bet people even wash their hands after taking a piss :rolleyes:

:agree: If we were winning there would be none of this. Some songs are a bit daft, some a bit near the knuckle, but at least they are trying to get behind the team and create some sort of atmosphere. We have more than enough to moan about than what bloody songs are sung.

grantonhibee
29-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Singing section does my box in to be honest some of the songs give me a chuckle tho , keep up the bad work guys :)

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 01:53 PM
:agree: If we were winning there would be none of this. Some songs are a bit daft, some a bit near the knuckle, but at least they are trying to get behind the team and create some sort of atmosphere. We have more than enough to moan about than what bloody songs are sung.

:agree:

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Singing section does my box in to be honest some of the songs give me a chuckle tho , keep up the bad work guys :)

I know, if it's not bad enough them singing at a football match, it's the fact that they stand together to do it...

Tut tut S43. Why not just just under a nice wee tartan blanket and read your programmes :wink:

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 01:56 PM

Was at one game this season in the West Stand and it was sweetie poke quiet.

grantonhibee
29-01-2012, 02:00 PM
They should join a church choir , there singing is pony , most folk I speak to who sit near them say they do there head in , how good is it that we actually have a named singing area , what's next? Britains got talent?a chart single? :)

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 02:04 PM
They should join a church choir , there singing is pony , most folk I speak to who sit near them say they do there head in , how good is it that we actually have a named singing area , what's next? Britains got talent?a chart single? :)

Easter Road is my church.
And there will be singing in the kirk.

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 02:06 PM

:blah::dummytit:

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 02:14 PM

You have to be the most boring and unfunny poster on here, congradulations.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Said it before, and will say it again. The singing section should be in the FF stand, top or bottom, it makes no difference. Then if you go in that stand you know thats where the noize will be, and maybe a few songs you dont like, but thats where it will start. If you dont like it, and thats not for you, theres 2 other stands you can go to.

marinello59
29-01-2012, 02:18 PM

That's me actually. Don't try and give somebody else my one claim to fame. :grr:

grantonhibee
29-01-2012, 02:21 PM

I'm sorry I've upset you fraze , but if I'm not mistaken it's congratulations not congrad :)

Stantons Angel
29-01-2012, 02:21 PM
What the hell is this post all about?

First it starts off with some twats singing about Alex Salmond, then it goes on to Govan being a nationalist polling district and then mentions songs of Margaret Thatcher being sung????

I was at Ibrox yesterday and the young lads, whoever they are did sing this? Obviously in retort to the Ibrox faithful's desire to be English.. I really don't see were this type of political comment belongs in football!

If they want to be English, let them pack their carrier bags and go stay there!!! I want to go to a football match and watch Hibs, yes even now when they are awful!!!

My political views are mine.... personal and far from the game i love.

So PLEASE find something relating to football and to Hibs to sing and leave the politics out of football.

Any way those singing the songs are probably unaware of Alex Salmond's shady ties with Gorgie, never mind the Rangers supporters....... they just dont like GREEN!!!

grantonhibee
29-01-2012, 02:23 PM
The famous five stand could do with a wee lift , the atmosphere in there is similar to a funeral wake

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 02:23 PM
How many folk on average are there in Section 43 and how many travel as a group to away games?

grantonhibee
29-01-2012, 02:25 PM
They dont make away games it clashes with choir practice

grantonhibee
29-01-2012, 02:29 PM
The best way to create an atmosphere at Easter road is to take a board member every home game and slaughter him on the centre circle , imagine the cheers!!

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 02:30 PM

So let me get this straight. Do you not want people sitting next to each other and singing songs at football matches?

Judging by your age I'm guessing you can remember:

bouncing in the East
singing cheeky/naughty songs to opposing players
ending up 12 rows away from where you were standing after a goal
feeling part of something tribal as you sung in unison with your fellow Hibbies

Well my friend, sadly those days have long gone. Fortunately some people are trying to revive a bit of that and should be commended.

I think you want to spend your Saturday's somewhere else mate :na na:

grantonhibee
29-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Lol I'm sorry if I've offended you frog

grantonhibee
29-01-2012, 02:39 PM
A think asking a fellow hibby to spend there Saturday's elsewhere is a bit grim , we need as many fans there as possible , the ground at the moment is quiet as a dog fart , I commend your singing efforts my friend I'm trying to restore a bit fun today as everyone seems down

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Lol I'm sorry if I've offended you frog

You haven't offended me mate, I'm just a bit confused at people who don't like the idea of people sitting together and singing at football matches.

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Just don't take notice of this horrendously unfunny attention seeker.

grantonhibee
29-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Cheer up fraze your missus loves ya

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 03:38 PM
So let me get this straight. Do you not want people sitting next to each other and singing songs at football matches?

Judging by your age I'm guessing you can remember:

bouncing in the East
singing cheeky/naughty songs to opposing players
ending up 12 rows away from where you were standing after a goal
feeling part of something tribal as you sung in unison with your fellow Hibbies

Well my friend, sadly those days have long gone. Fortunately some people are trying to revive a bit of that and should be commended.

I think you want to spend your Saturday's somewhere else mate :na na:

Judging by the average age of the singing section they never experienced the bouncing about and singing in the east so how can they attempt to recreate something most of them were never part of?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Judging by the average age of the singing section they never experienced the bouncing about and singing in the east so how can they attempt to recreate something most of them were never part of?:confused:

Dont be ridiculous, how many 3 year olds are there in the singing section?

Phil MaGlass
29-01-2012, 03:42 PM

mibbe their dads have telt them aboot the good old days and the youngsters are trying to create their own bit of history/family/atmosphere???

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 03:46 PM
mibbe their dads have telt them aboot the good old days and the youngsters are trying to create their own bit of history/family/atmosphere???

Maybe there dads telt them to sign the Alex Salmond song too?:wink:

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3092965]Dont be ridiculous, how many 3 year olds are there in the singing section?[/

:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3092965]Dont be ridiculous, how many 3 year olds are there in the singing section?[/

:rolleyes:

No idea why you are confused, the new stand is just built. Even adding the time spent knocking it down its not even 3 years old. You said.
Judging by the average age of the singing section they never experienced the bouncing about and singing in the east so how can they attempt to recreate something most of them were never part of?
:confused:

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 04:30 PM

Don't you have Mods, Punks and Skinheads in you neck of the woods?
Its called nostalgia and kids will always hark back to something before their time.

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 04:31 PM

Ooooh, check you :blah:

I never said they'd experienced it nor did I say they were trying to recreate it. I'm pointing out that they are at least attempting to bring back some form of atmosphere back to ER.

Try and contribute something meaningful or be quiet :tsk tsk:

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Maybe there dads telt them to sign the Alex Salmond song too?:wink:

Something tells me their dads possibly sang songs far worse than "There's only one Alec Salmond..."

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 04:35 PM
How many folk on average are there in Section 43 and how many travel as a group to away games?

Well?

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Something tells me their dads possibly sang songs far worse than "There's only one Alec Salmond..."

For sure if they were anywhere near where i was they did!!

SquashedFrogg
29-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Well?

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 04:47 PM

I couldn't give an exact figure but for away games it varies. Dunfermline there was probably around 20 and we all travelled together, Motherwell there is a bus that last time on the Friday game was full with 55 people or so.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 04:47 PM

Hmmm that's a couple more than I thought

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 08:05 PM
There are some lads who about 14/15 that have been great! But, any under 15 is now referred as part of S43. The majority of us who started this, run the forum and have made the banners are 19-22. Have 3 older between 30-40 who are also a part of it. We don't try be 'uber fans', our aim is to try improve the atmosphere in the ground. We want everyone to join in; however they chose not to - that's fine, they pay their way like the rest of us.

Any song that is cringey or is sung by an under 15 is automatically a part of S43.

S43 is a scapegoat on here for anything bad that happens amoungst the support.

Perhaps in 4/5 years when the youngest lads are in their late teens will we earn a break.

Apologies for trying something positive chaps! The haters make us stronger so keep it coming.

Jamesie
29-01-2012, 08:07 PM

:top marks

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 08:17 PM
There are some lads who about 14/15 that have been great! But, any under 15 is now referred as part of S43. The majority of us who started this, run the forum and have made the banners are 19-22. Have 3 older between 30-40 who are also a part of it. We don't try be 'uber fans', our aim is to try improve the atmosphere in the ground. We want everyone to join in; however they chose not to - that's fine, they pay their way like the rest of us.

Any song that is cringey or is sung by an under 15 is automatically a part of S43.

S43 is a scapegoat on here for anything bad that happens amoungst the support.

Perhaps in 4/5 years when the youngest lads are in their late teens will we earn a break.

Apologies for trying something positive chaps! The haters make us stronger so keep it coming.

I don't think that is the case at all, the very reason I asked about numbers in an earlier post was because people see your group and of course other folk who stand near or with your group and have absolutely no way of knowing who is who hence the incorrect grief you sometimes get.

Anyway as long as you guys know what you're about, carry on regardless trying to achieve your goals........................I hope you go from strength to strength :aok: :flag:

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=BouncerRoss;3093255]There are some lads who about 14/15 that have been great! But, any under 15 is now referred as part of S43. The majority of us who started this, run the forum and have made the banners are 19-22. Have 3 older between 30-40 who are also a part of it. We don't try be 'uber fans', our aim is to try improve the atmosphere in the ground. We want everyone to join in; however they chose not to - that's fine, they pay their way like the rest of us.

Like Motherwell away last season singing were S***e and we know we are!:confused: Real encouragement to the team you say.

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=BouncerRoss;3093255]There are some lads who about 14/15 that have been great! But, any under 15 is now referred as part of S43. The majority of us who started this, run the forum and have made the banners are 19-22. Have 3 older between 30-40 who are also a part of it. We don't try be 'uber fans', our aim is to try improve the atmosphere in the ground. We want everyone to join in; however they chose not to - that's fine, they pay their way like the rest of us.

Like Motherwell away last season singing were S***e and we know we are!:confused: Real encouragement to the team you say.

Never heard of this and certainly cannot recall it being sung. Again - would it just be S43 singing, take it no other Hibs fan would join in?

PS - we were 1-0 up, I doubt we would sing that. I certainly cannot remember it being sung.

SteveHFC
29-01-2012, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;3093271]

Never heard of this and certainly cannot recall it being sung. Again - would it just be S43 singing, take it no other Hibs fan would join in?

PS - we were 1-0 up, I doubt we would sing that. I certainly cannot remember it being sung.

I can remember it being sung. I was there!

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;3093271]

No that was this season when we were 0-1 up. A group of maybe 15-20 younger laddies stood up the back of the top tier singing were S***e and we no we are last season. In fact another supporter told them to shut up and abuse was thrown at him which resulted in him being thrown out by the stewards.

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 08:35 PM
No that was this season when we were 0-1 up. A group of maybe 15-20 younger laddies stood up the back of the top tier singing were S***e and we no we are last season. In fact another supporter told them to shut up and abuse was thrown at him which resulted in him being thrown out by the stewards.

Unless i am mistaken, Section 43's first proper game was Motherwell away this season. So you can't blame that on Sect 43.

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=BouncerRoss;3093275]

I can remember it being sung. I was there!

Yes it was definitely sung I was there too :agree:

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Unless i am mistaken, Section 43's first proper game was Motherwell away this season. So you can't blame that on Sect 43.

I believe they were known as the 12th man or something like that or is that a totally different group of Hibs fans?? :confused:

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 08:45 PM
12th man is everyone.

S43 first away trip together sitting as a section was Motherwell away this season. If it happpened prior you can't label that one against us. Probably just Hibs fans singing it? Ever thought about that...

NAE NOOKIE
29-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Not sure that football and politics is a good mix really, though obviously the two do clash now and again. But if the Salmond song was to get at the current buns then fair play I say.

As a life long nationalist the fact that the current leader of the SNP and first minister is a Jambo is of no relevance whatsoever. I wouldnt vote for a politician just coz he was a Hibby any more than I would not vote for one just coz he is a Yam.

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 08:55 PM
12th man is everyone.

S43 first away trip together sitting as a section was Motherwell away this season. If it happpened prior you can't label that one against us. Probably just Hibs fans singing it? Ever thought about that...

Aye right. I was there and witnessed it with maybe 400 other fans. Either you werent there or you have a short memory.

The Green Goblin
29-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Wasn't there but the same was sung are ER earlier in the season. I assumed it was directed at them given their opposition to the proposed anti social football legislation introduced by the SNP government. So it is directly related to football IMO.

Fair dos. To be clear, I think the atmosphere at ER would be non-existent without people like those in Section 43 doing something about it, so I have no issue with that. I just can't stand politics (or religion or whatever) coming into football in general. I hate it when the old firm do it and I don't like it when anyone else, including us, does it. Re: your example above, the only shame is that it was necessary to create football banning orders etc and for politicians to get involved in the first place.

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Aye right. I was there and witnessed it with maybe 400 other fans. Either you werent there or you have a short memory.

Sorry, what Motherwell game? If it was the one abandoned, then I seriously did not hear this but trust it was sung and agree that that's embarrasing.

If it wasn't that game, I wasn't there (hadn't been to Fir Park for 3 years) and S43 was only established in September.

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 08:59 PM

He never said it didn't happen, he just said it couldn't have been Section 43, but could have been just Hibs fans in general.

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 09:01 PM
He never said it didn't happen, he just said it couldn't have been Section 43, but could have been just Hibs fans in general.

Exactly my point. It's as if the only people that sing are in S43. There are only about 10-15 in the group who arrange everything. But there are way more than 10-15 people that sing at every game. Yet if idiots sing something stupid S43 is the scapegoat for it.

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Exactly my point. It's as if the only people that sing are in S43. There are only about 10-15 in the group who arrange everything. But there are way more than 10-15 people that sing at every game. Yet if idiots sing something stupid S43 is the scapegoat for it.

We lost 2-0 that night. I never said that all stupid songs were the S43 gang. A group on 15-20 laddies sung that song standing up the back that night and that was the so called 12th man singing section. As for your scapegoat comment I disagree but if you make a lot of noise about singing at games and moan about the atmosphere at games, you start a singing section and stupid songs are then I doesn't make you look very good does it.

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 09:23 PM
We lost 2-0 that night. I never said that all stupid songs were the S43 gang. A group on 15-20 laddies sung that song standing up the back that night and that was the so called 12th man singing section. As for your scapegoat comment I disagree but if you make a lot of noise about singing at games and moan about the atmosphere at games, you start a singing section and stupid songs are then I doesn't make you look very good does it.

No it doesn't which is why people have been told in the past to stop singing their *****. Like Wallace Mercer every two seconds.

hhibs
29-01-2012, 09:25 PM

Pity you cannot do that yourself !

R'Albin
29-01-2012, 09:27 PM
The best way to create an atmosphere at Easter road is to take a board member every home game and slaughter him on the centre circle , imagine the cheers!!

Seriously no way you are 35, you sound like you're about 8 years old!

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Seriously no way you are 35, you sound like you're about 8 years old!

Exactly my thoughts. Even you sound more mature and you are only 8 yourself. :na na:

R'Albin
29-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Exactly my thoughts. Even you sound more mature and you are only 8 yourself. :na na:

Exactly :greengrin

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 09:32 PM
No it doesn't which is why people have been told in the past to stop singing their *****. Like Wallace Mercer every two seconds.

Then why we're there chants paedo paedo paedo to rangers fans yesterday? :dunno:

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Then why we're there chants paedo paedo paedo to rangers fans yesterday? :dunno:

Why do you insist on sitting all day trying to make a bad name for Sect 43? :dunno:

Jonnyboy
29-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Cast your minds back to the days of the old east stand. The noise coming out of there was at times immense (Derbies, AEK etc). That stand probably held about 3,000 folk although despite claims to the contrary they did NOT all sing and raise the roof.

Question - where are the folk who occupied that stand and sung their lungs out? Have they all switched to other stands? Are they still in the east but are switched off by the size of the structure?

I sit close to the guys in Section 43 and for the most part I think they do a great job in supporting the team and trying to generate a good atmosphere. How can it improve? Maybe if the 'missing' singers started warbling again or the folk on this thread who call the singers all sorts of names actually joined in instead of moaning then we'd have a stadium with an atmosphere instead of a giant green replica of Pittodrie

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Cast your minds back to the days of the old east stand. The noise coming out of there was at times immense (Derbies, AEK etc). That stand probably held about 3,000 folk although despite claims to the contrary they did NOT all sing and raise the roof.

Question - where are the folk who occupied that stand and sung their lungs out? Have they all switched to other stands? Are they still in the east but are switched off by the size of the structure?

I sit close to the guys in Section 43 and for the most part I think they do a great job in supporting the team and trying to generate a good atmosphere. How can it improve? Maybe if the 'missing' singers started warbling again or the folk on this thread who call the singers all sorts of names actually joined in instead of moaning then we'd have a stadium with an atmosphere instead of a giant green replica of Pittodrie

:agree::top marks

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 09:40 PM

Ah the same little number from the Dunfy game! Not S43 though just folk standing near them.

Thomson1875
29-01-2012, 09:48 PM
I wasn't there yesterday so can't say much on the song the original poster was on about.

As said our group seem to take all the blame for whats being sung at games, we don't control what others can sing, but everyone who associates themselves with our group that tries starting anti hearts/ mercer songs, we do tell them to stick to hibs songs about supporting the team. As a group theres probs around a main core of 15 or so who want to make it work and are keeping at it. When it comes to our planned away trips we can have anything upto 40-60 coming along on the train/meeting us in the ground.

Motherwell away (abandoned game was our first trip) Dunfermline was our second trip, our next is likely to be motherwell again with our bus running. We will tell people associated within our group to stop the pish songs that are not hibs related, others outwith our group, we won't tell them what they can and can't sing as we have no right.

Some songs that have been started by folk in the singing section this season have been head in hands moments imo, when folk are starting ayr united songs after hearts got beat by them, even spurs songs after hearts got a draw with them theres been worse attempts by some. At the end of the day its likely one of the reasons a few of us would like to move out of the singing section.

We are growing more and more by the game infact, considering how bad hibs are at the moment we are still trying to keep up our efforts.

To who asked how many are in sect43 theres about 15 as the core who want it to work, when we plan trips around 40-60 (only had a couple trips away though). In the singing section as a whole i have not got a clue.

Thomson1875
29-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Ah the same little number from the Dunfy game! Not S43 though just folk standing near them.

Peedo chant at dunfy was directed at a guy doing sexual type gestures.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 09:52 PM

Not sung by S43 though surely?

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 09:59 PM

Yeah thats a Hibs related chant right enough. Your previous post says you stick to Hibs related chants.:rolleyes:

At The Edge
29-01-2012, 10:00 PM
It was last season, group of folk who may or may not be now part of S43 were in my opinion having a laugh, ( folks sense of humour differs amongst us all) they had 'we're horse poo and we know we are' some folk took offense and handbags was the result.

The S43 group had their offical launch at this seasons 1-0 floodlight failure game.
the 12th man is ALL Hibs fans, the same as many many other clubs around the globe.

S43 may not be everyones cup of tea, but to their credit they are trying to cut out the crap songs and have succeeded to a degree.
in this time of Hibs need, dissing S43 is way down the list of problems which currently engulf our great club.
Time to cheer, encourage and help in anyway we can to at least make life uncomfortable for any team coming to ER and not make life uncomfortable for our own players.

As Public Enemy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RBA-xi8WuCU) sang
'Turn it up,
Bring the Noise'

:pfgwa

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah thats a Hibs related chant right enough. Your previous post says you stick to Hibs related chants.:rolleyes:

See at the next game, if you are unhappy then start your own song, rather than sit on .net constantly moaning about songs.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 10:01 PM

Bouncer Ross told me that Sect 43 where not responsible for those chants at the Dunfy game when I brought it up on here. So surely someone from Sect 43 is now not saying it was them!

Thomson1875
29-01-2012, 10:04 PM

Yes, but you can't help the heat of the moment songs that will happen from time to time.

Its like if someone gets lifted from say the away end there's always something directed at them.

Fair do's though i like a read of the usual suspects anti S43 posts.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Yes, but you can't help the heat of the moment songs that will happen from time to time.

Its like if someone gets lifted from say the away end there's always something directed at them.

Fair do's though i like a read of the usual suspects anti S43 posts.

Wait a minute so it was S43!!!! Despite one of your S43 BR denying this and taking me to task for suggesting it??????????????? :faf:

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I think what Thomson1875 is saying is trying to cut out irrelevant songs, ie singing Mercer ones at Kilmarnock for example, or paedo ones randomly at a random player.

However you can still sing non-Hibs songs at certain times, ie Mercer v Hearts etc. In this case the fat man was doing sexual gestures towards a young Hibs crowd, so a paedo song was not completely out of order in this instance.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I think what Thomson1875 is saying is trying to cut out irrelevant songs, ie singing Mercer ones at Kilmarnock for example, or paedo ones randomly at a random player.

However you can still sing non-Hibs songs at certain times, ie Mercer v Hearts etc. In this case the fat man was doing sexual gestures towards a young Hibs crowd, so a paedo song was not completely out of order in this instance.

Bollox! You lot have just lost all credability with me after BR strenuously denied S43 singing this now yet another post trys to justify it :faf:

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 10:13 PM

Bollox! You lot have just lost all credability with me after BR strenuously denied S43 singing this now yet another post trys to justify it :faf:

I never sung it, and i never said BR or Sect 43 did, i merely stated that if a man is doing these gestures to you it is no surprise that some people are going to react back.

Jonnyboy
29-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Wait a minute so it was S43!!!! Despite one of your S43 BR denying this and taking me to task for suggesting it??????????????? :faf:

You're being a tad harsh here in my opinion SH. S43 try to get things going songs wise and inevitably they attract new 'members' to their group. At times the youngest ones will think it clever to sing inappropriate songs but other than trying to encourage them not to the S43 guys have no control them.

You do come across as hyper critical at times and as I say that's harsh. We should be encouraging folk who try to improve the atmosphere, not criticising them for things they can't control. Why don't you get involved, help them out with your maturity and knowledge?

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=frazeHFC;3093382]I think what Thomson1875 is saying is trying to cut out irrelevant songs, ie singing Mercer ones at Kilmarnock for example, or paedo ones randomly at a random player.

Or fans like yesterday.

Thomson1875
29-01-2012, 10:22 PM

This.

It wasn't our group that started it it was another group further along so a few of us joined in.

I forget sometimes how amazing some posters on here are, bet use where all angels at hibs games in your times when use where young lads. Sure we ain't perfect but we try. I'll look forward to the mass thread next week on something shooting us down. We will soon be getting the blame for the mess hibs are in at one point FS.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 10:27 PM
You're being a tad harsh here in my opinion SH. S43 try to get things going songs wise and inevitably they attract new 'members' to their group. At times the youngest ones will think it clever to sing inappropriate songs but other than trying to encourage them not to the S43 guys have no control them.

You do come across as hyper critical at times and as I say that's harsh. We should be encouraging folk who try to improve the atmosphere, not criticising them for things they can't control. Why don't you get involved, help them out with your maturity and knowledge?

Well said John, i wait with baited breath. Folk have been saying and doing all sorts of wrongs since football began, but now we have holier than thou's coming on having a pop at what imo is nothing, complete and utter nothing.

Some folk are determined to drive a wedge between supporters, rather than help make it better.

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;3093389]You're being a tad harsh here in my opinion SH. S43 try to get things going songs wise and inevitably they attract new 'members' to their group. At times the youngest ones will think it clever to sing inappropriate songs but other than trying to encourage them not to the S43 guys have no control them.

And that could land the club in trouble Johnnyboy if they were deemed offensive by the SFA. There were a lot of younger fans there yesterday belting out the alex salmond song and the paedo song. you cant just turn up and sing these without getting a reaction from the Hibs support. Infact im willing to bet you've had steak pies older than them!:greengrin

MSK
29-01-2012, 10:28 PM
This.

It wasn't our group that started it it was another group further along so a few of us joined in.

I forget sometimes how amazing some posters on here are, bet use where all angels at hibs games in your times when use where young lads. Sure we ain't perfect but we try. I'll look forward to the mass thread next week on something shooting us down. We will soon be getting the blame for the mess hibs are in at one point FS.Oi ...get in the queue ..Petrie/board bashing first ..:aok:

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 10:30 PM

Well said John, i wait with baited breath. Folk have been saying and doing all sorts of wrongs since football began, but now we have holier than thou's coming on having a pop at what imo is nothing, complete and utter nothing.

Some folk are determined to drive a wedge between supporters, rather than help make it better.

:agree:

See if the moaners came on and said "this is horrific/ don't like this" but offered to help or offered positive advice then that is something Sect 43 can take back to the group and discuss, sort out. However shooting the group down like some are doing is achieving nothing but a division in the support and a ****load of work on here for the admins. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
29-01-2012, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;3093389]You're being a tad harsh here in my opinion SH. S43 try to get things going songs wise and inevitably they attract new 'members' to their group. At times the youngest ones will think it clever to sing inappropriate songs but other than trying to encourage them not to the S43 guys have no control them.

And that could land the club in trouble Johnnyboy if they were deemed offensive by the SFA. There were a lot of younger fans there yesterday belting out the alex salmond song and the paedo song. you cant just turn up and sing these without getting a reaction from the Hibs support. Infact im willing to bet you've had steak pies older than them! :greengrin

Indeed - I've eaten a Tynecastle pie or two over the decades. :greengrin

On a serious note - a lot of 'younger fans' is my point. New ones join in practically every game. They need to know the 'rules' and the established S43 guys try hard to explain them

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;3093406]

Indeed - I've eaten a Tynecastle pie or two over the decades. :greengrin

On a serious note - a lot of 'younger fans' is my point. New ones join in practically every game. They need to know the 'rules' and the established S43 guys try hard to explain them

Well maybe someone from S43 could draw up some form of ground rules for their members??:greengrin

Jonnyboy
29-01-2012, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;3093411]

Well maybe someone from S43 could draw up some form of ground rules for their members??:greengrin

Maybe but then we'd get their critics on here calling them 'self appointed' 'wannabees' etc etc :greengrin

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;3093414]

Maybe but then we'd get their critics on here calling them 'self appointed' 'wannabees' etc etc :greengrin

I give up then! :brickwall

Jonnyboy
29-01-2012, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;3093415]

I give up then! :brickwall

One down, several more to go :wink: :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 10:45 PM

Not being harsh or hyper critical at all, I had previously posted today that I support what S43 are trying to achieve and hoped they enjoy success. My only issue is the fact that after the Dunfy game I was asked why they had sang a certain song and was rebuked, rightly so as S43 had not been the ones to sing it I was told. Today I read posts on here that implies that they did in fact sing that song, that's my only issue nothing else.

To answer your question, I have no interest in getting involved or helping them out...............been there..........done that and certainly sang a few songs in my youth that I wouldn't repeat now I'm mature and knowledgable :greengrin

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Not been long on this site so maybe out of order here but .....
Singing inapropriate songs at football matches has happened does happen and as long as there is a passion involved WILL happen. The idea of sitting at a football match politely clapping with the odd "hear hear good show" is nonsense. Its football not ballet. But to blame Sect. 43 for every tasteless ditty chanted (even before they existed) is unfair. I have heard some chants at E.R. and Muirton that have made me blush and i am no angel. Its tribal and to noise up the other tribe is the name of the game.
For 90 minutes its us and them.

Jonnyboy
29-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Not being harsh or hyper critical at all, I had previously posted today that I support what S43 are trying to achieve and hoped they enjoy success. My only issue is the fact that after the Dunfy game I was asked why they had sang a certain song and was rebuked, rightly so as S43 had not been the ones to sing it I was told. Today I read posts on here that implies that they did in fact sing that song, that's my only issue nothing else.

To answer your question, I have no interest in getting involved or helping them out...............been there..........done that and certainly sang a few songs in my youth that I wouldn't repeat now I'm mature and knowledgable :greengrin

Fair enough :aok: Did seem like you were baiting them though :wink: :greengrin

frazeHFC
29-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Not been long on this site so maybe out of order here but .....
Singing inapropriate songs at football matches has happened does happen and as long as there is a passion involved WILL happen. The idea of sitting at a football match politely clapping with the odd "hear hear good show" is nonsense. Its football not ballet. But to blame Sect. 43 for every tasteless ditty chanted (even before they existed) is unfair. I have heard some chants at E.R. and Muirton that have made me blush and i am no angel. Its tribal and to noise up the other tribe is the name of the game.
For 90 minutes its us and them.

Not at all. :wink:

basehibby
29-01-2012, 10:50 PM
WTF was the singing about Alex Salmond for .. he's a Friggin Jambo

It winds up the bigot bros something rotten so this one's not a problem for me - he may be a Yam but has made more effort to address the problem of the bigotted morons who drag our country's name through the mud than any other politician I am aware of - this is why he upsets the followers of Celgers and Rantic and for that reason his Yam leanings can acceptably overlooked when in Glasgow IMO.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 10:50 PM
I bet if we were filling the place, and the wallace mercer song was being belted out full blast by 17000 Hibs fans, those same folk would be telling us just how good the atmosphere was.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 10:52 PM
This.

I forget sometimes how amazing some posters on here are, bet use where all angels at hibs games in your times when use where young lads. Sure we ain't perfect but we try. I'll look forward to the mass thread next week on something shooting us down. We will soon be getting the blame for the mess hibs are in at one point FS.

:aok: Okay fair enough.

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 10:53 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;3093418]

One down, several more to go :wink: :greengrin

They can sing if they want but it was the blatant porky pies about how they never sung iffy songs that got my back up as SH pointed out.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 10:57 PM
I bet if we were filling the place, and the wallace mercer song was being belted out full blast by 17000 Hibs fans, those same folk would be telling us just how good the atmosphere was.

Never :whistle:

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 11:00 PM
I still stand by no one considered as part of S43 sung 'paedo' ***** at Dunfy. I am not denying it was sung though, I saw younger lads pointing towards a Dunfermline fan. Thompson - who sung this and why?

Scouse - you've clearly got an issue with us pal so pop up before the start of the next home game for a chat - we are open to criticism, we've made plenty of mistakes and had a fair share of ********s giving us a bad name. All who have been told to either get their act together or beat it. Last thing we want is to be a group celebrating paedos and backing the SNP.

We have no political or relgious ties. Hence our banner "Football Is Our Religion".

We want to make Easter Road a fortress. We want it to be bouncing every home game regardless of the score.

Had we been 3rd in the league at the moment, I feel we wouldn't have encountered all these obstacles.

Our mission statement in September when we were founded was:-

“Our mission is as follows; we aim to bring a new era of support into the Hibernian family. We actively seek new and exciting methods to bring a vast array of colour and noise to wherever we travel. We are 100% committed to Hibernian Football Club; supporting them at every level. From youth all the way up to senior. We work under the same ethos as the ‘12th Man’ but every one of us in our group is committed to be judged on our actions, not words.

Nulli Secundus - Section 43”

This statement remains. We will learn from our mistakes, plenty have been made. But it would help if every negative or bad chant that has been made in a football ground isn't direct at the group every single time. Other fans sing and make up songs to - not just us. If we didn't exist and there was no group I doubt this thread would exist.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 11:03 PM
I still stand by no one considered as part of S43 sung 'paedo' ***** at Dunfy. I am not denying it was sung though, I saw younger lads pointing towards a Dunfermline fan. Thompson - who sung this and why?

Scouse - you've clearly got an issue with us pal so pop up before the start of the next home game for a chat - we are open to criticism, we've made plenty of mistakes and had a fair share of ********s giving us a bad name. All who have been told to either get their act together or beat it. Last thing we want is to be a group celebrating paedos and backing the SNP.

We have no political or relgious ties. Hence our banner "Football Is Our Religion".

We want to make Easter Road a fortress. We want it to be bouncing every home game regardless of the score.

Had we been 3rd in the league at the moment, I feel we wouldn't have encountered all these obstacles.

Our mission statement in September when we were founded was:-

“Our mission is as follows; we aim to bring a new era of support into the Hibernian family. We actively seek new and exciting methods to bring a vast array of colour and noise to wherever we travel. We are 100% committed to Hibernian Football Club; supporting them at every level. From youth all the way up to senior. We work under the same ethos as the ‘12th Man’ but every one of us in our group is committed to be judged on our actions, not words.

Nulli Secundus - Section 43”

This statement remains. We will learn from our mistakes, plenty have been made. But it would help if every negative or bad chant that has been made in a football ground isn't direct at the group every single time. Other fans sing and make up songs to - not just us. If we didn't exist and there was no group I doubt this thread would exist.

:faf: Nonsense read my posts.........pal.

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 11:05 PM
:faf: Nonsense read my posts.........pal.

You have been waiting for an opportunity to get your teeth stuck into us all month. Especially since the Dunfermline game.

Should S43 disband and call it quits? Make your life easier? One less thing to worry about?

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 11:06 PM
I would encourage anyone with disagreements with the group to come up before the game and talk about it. We'd welcome your ideas and suggestions. Maybe then you'd realise this isn't the 'under 14, born late 90s, glee squad'

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 11:07 PM
You have been waiting for an opportunity to get your teeth stuck into us all month. Especially since the Dunfermline game.

Should S43 disband and call it quits? Make your life easier? One less thing to worry about?

Oh please grow up and read my posts eh! You talk about maturity well try and show some and stop the big act towards me, I'm not going to spell it out for you again just read my posts yeah read them all!!

blueisthecolour
29-01-2012, 11:08 PM

Ibrox stadium is in Ibrox which is next to Govan, Govan has both Rangers and celtic fans I would say mainly a celtic area vise versa at parkhead.

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Oh please grow up and read my posts eh! You talk about maturity well try and show some and stop the big act towards me, I'm not going to spell it out for you again just read my posts yeah read them all!!

How is it acting big in the slightest? I would rather discuss issues face to face as adults than slating each other of a messageboard. We all support the same club at the end of the day. And I have read your posts, all of them.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 11:09 PM
I would encourage anyone with disagreements with the group to come up before the game and talk about it. We'd welcome your ideas and suggestions. Maybe then you'd realise this isn't the 'under 14, born late 90s, glee squad'

I think you are wasting your time mate, i think some folk would rather moan and are intent on causing a divide among the support imo.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 11:12 PM
How is it acting big in the slightest? I would rather discuss issues face to face as adults than slating each other of a messageboard. We all support the same club at the end of the day. And I have read your posts, all of them.

Good, well then hopefully you will now realise that I support S43 in what they are trying to achieve? If you don't believe that then tough I'm not going to continue trying to tell you the same!

Chuck Rhoades
29-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Fair enough.

What would help is people getting more involved with the group and helping with displays. Firstly, if they are able to and secondly if they want to. It would be great to have the backing of the Hibs support and for the same 3/4 posters to stop slating us at every opportunity and trying to give us a bad reputation.

Immature chants such as the paedo crap and stuff supporting political parties will not be accepted.

A 6-page thread for a petty chant, which FWIW shouldn't have be sung - god help us if someone if belts out "PIRA".

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Fair enough.

What would help is people getting more involved with the group and helping with displays. Firstly, if they are able to and secondly if they want to. It would be great to have the backing of the Hibs support and for the same 3/4 posters to stop slating us at every opportunity and trying to give us a bad reputation.

Immature chants such as the paedo crap and stuff supporting political parties will not be accepted.

A 6-page thread for a petty chant, which FWIW shouldn't have be sung - god help us if someone if belts out "PIRA".

Exactly, all it does is drive a wedge between the support. Why anyone is annoyed enough to say so on a message board is way beyond me anyway? If it annoyed me that much i'd be taking up the offer to speak directly to those involved.

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Fishing Rod or Wooden Spoon for BH?

The Green Goblin
29-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Fair enough.

As far as I can see, you are trying to do something positive to help the team and club (in especially difficult times right now) and, from what you posted above, are trying to do it in a constructive and responsible way that reflects well on the club. It's early days and when you try to build something new, there's always little issues that come up as you work towards the goal stated in your "motto/statement". The one thing the club needs right now is positive and vocal support and that's a big ask of many supporters right now, understandably, given what they are paying to watch. But your idea has potential and it will grow and make a difference. I wish you the best of luck with it.

superbam
29-01-2012, 11:45 PM
We have one of the most mild mannered and least vociferous supports in the country. Thats at the best of times, when we are not actually trying to intimidate our own players. This is the first thing tourists notice when they come to easter road. Some of the young team are trying to actively address this and should be supported, it is embarrasing that some folk can only criticize them. If you dont like what is being sung, start your own songs. It is not everyone elses job to make football an actual occasion by, heaven forbid, trying to make some noise and actively support the team, perhaps even enjoying themselves at the same time. Perhaps some folk have settled for sitting passively disgruntled as the default behaviour watching hibs.

MacBean
30-01-2012, 12:18 AM
could be these guys

http://z6.invisionfree.com/UltrasTifosi/index.php?showtopic=3137&st=1001

Lucius Apuleius
30-01-2012, 06:25 AM
Like Motherwell away last season singing were S***e and we know we are! Real encouragement to the team you say.

I hope to hell they were actually singing we're s**** and we know we are, otherwise it would hint that we used to be s**** but we are alright now. :wink:

I just don't understand all the kerfuffle to be honest. They sing, let them get on with it. I really do not give a flying one what they sing as long as it is not offensive to me. Takes a lot for me to take offence by the way. Too many divisions in our support at the minute. Diverse opinions are good, so is the right of self expression.

Beefster
30-01-2012, 08:10 AM
I think you are wasting your time mate, i think some folk would rather moan and are intent on causing a divide among the support imo.

Absolute pish. We're generally a shiny, happy support. However, those folk that think that they can come up to the Hibs games from a foreign country, drink our beer and eat our pies get right on my ****ing thrupnies.

Moan the Scots-based Hibees.

Brizo
30-01-2012, 09:21 AM
My ticket for the derby turned out to be among what I understand to be the Sec 43 / singing section area. As i sucked on my werthers originals I couldnt help feel that while some chants were positive and witty others were just infantile and moronic. However casting my mind back to my own time in the 70s / early 80s equivalent of the singing section to violence songs like "your gonna get your flipping heads kicked in / standing on the corner with my razor and chain" and the rebel songs just shows that fans will always sing stuff that a section of their fellow fans dont approve of.

The day oldsters like me approve of 100% of the young teams songbook means they wont be the young team. While i might not approve of all their repertoire they are doing their best to inject some atmosphere into the place.

Keith_M
30-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Hibs are obviously in such a great state that the only thing we have to complain about is a section of the support that wants to help impove the atmosphere at games.

You don't like what they sing? Then start singing something yourself, or maybe slurp your Bovril a bit louder.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2012, 09:53 AM
My ticket for the derby turned out to be among what I understand to be the Sec 43 / singing section area. As i sucked on my werthers originals I couldnt help feel that while some chants were positive and witty others were just infantile and moronic. However casting my mind back to my own time in the 70s / early 80s equivalent of the singing section to violence songs like "your gonna get your flipping heads kicked in / standing on the corner with my razor and chain" and the rebel songs just shows that fans will always sing stuff that a section of their fellow fans dont approve of.

The day oldsters like me approve of 100% of the young teams songbook means they wont be the young team. While i might not approve of all their repertoire they are doing their best to inject some atmosphere into the place.

:top marks Nail hit firmly on head. :agree:

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2012, 10:27 AM
They’re not very old
They’re not very old
Section 43...........they’re not very old

They sing all the songs
They sing all the songs
Section 43......... They sing all the songs

They’re bringing it back
They’re bringing it back
Section 43........They’re bringing it back

So get off their backs
Get off their backs
Section 43...........they’re bringing it back

They sing all the songs
They sing all the songs
Section 43..............They sing all the songs

I really do support what they are trying to achieve :aok:

Chuck Rhoades
30-01-2012, 12:23 PM
They’re not very old
They’re not very old
Section 43...........they’re not very old

They sing all the songs
They sing all the songs
Section 43......... They sing all the songs

They’re bringing it back
They’re bringing it back
Section 43........They’re bringing it back

So get off their backs
Get off their backs
Section 43...........they’re bringing it back

They sing all the songs
They sing all the songs
Section 43..............They sing all the songs

I really do support what they are trying to achieve :aok:

Definition of a WUM.

Hibee_Craig7062
30-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Bouncer Ross and the rest of the Section 43 guys.... first of all let me say that things that get sung at any football match ive been too very rarely upset me personally. So anything that comes out from you guys, or any other group for that matter, is no skin off my nose.... but....

You have stated that the dunfermline game the peado chants did not come from you guys....as I was not there I can not comment on this. And I reckon that it has been accepted that on that occasion it probably did not come from section 43.

However I was in Row J on Saturday. 2 or 3 Rows behind yourselves. I'm presuming the group includes all that held up the banner at the start of each half and were standing in that row.

There was one individual within your group who was giving the rangers supporting "peado" more attention than the rest of you. For avoidance of doubt it was the younger supporter who was standing next to a more mature member of section 43.

Its certain to me that the chants of "peado" amongst other things directed at the knuckledragger in question originated from your group.

I think what upsets people on here is the fact that your group seems to constantly deny any wrong doing.....the "its wasnae us" and "why do all the bigger boys constantly pick on us" mentality.

You will maybe find you gain more credability amongst the support if you held your hands up at the times when one or more of your group have sung chants or songs that have been "iffy"

FWIW I thoroughly enjoyed joining in with old favourites likes of "northbank highbury" and "the boys in blue got F***ed 6-2" which were also started by Sec 43. Keep this kinda stuff going!!

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Definition of a WUM.

:brickwall FFS BR I thought we'd settled that....................this is my peace offering!!

The Green Goblin
30-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Whats a WUM?

Edit: wind up merchant?

RIP
30-01-2012, 11:05 PM
To be clear

There's a few hundred Hibbies in the singing section at Easter Road - it spans sections 42 to 44

We are not all kids. Some of us are in our 50's and 60's , some in their 30's and 40's. There's some younger yins anaw. Some lassies, grandparents and wee kids.

Nothing that happens there is organised in the slightest, other than the occasional flag display and a few lads who try and make up new songs

It's been the same since I first starting singing at Easter Road in the 1960's.

We make some noise to support the players and motivate the team

Yours sincerely
A Mental Hibee
East Stand

vercol36
31-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Some of you need to settle down, if you didn't like the song they were singing, start your own one. If you are tender enough to be embarassed by a wee song, perhaps a trip to the psychotherapist's would be an idea.