PDA

View Full Version : Who do we get?

Gordy M
28-01-2012, 09:24 PM
PF has stated that he hopes to get two more signings in before the end of the transfer window. I'd like to see him get another CH and a defensive midfielder. I think if we have enough up front with Doyle GOC Griffiths and Caldwell. I think francomb can do a job at right back, however the left back position worries me. It would be

Stack

Francomb
New CH
McPake
Hanlon(maybe murray)

Booth
Ozzy
New CM
Soares

GOC/Doyle/Sparky (any 2 from 3)

Do you think that's how PF sees it, or is he thinking new LB and continuing with Stephens/Murray/Hanlon at CH? Really hope O'Hanlon wont be considered after today.

Is that team enough to see us safe??

Pedantic_Hibee
28-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I've now changed my opinion on O'Hanlon to the extent where I wouldnae let him mop up my kitchen floor never mind my defence.

Rugged centre-back, a left-back, a defensive midfielder and a bullish striker. And Stack back in goals.

So there's the spine of the team in a nutshell.

Stacky back in the sticks shouting at everybody he can;

Francomb at right back with McPake and yon aforementioned rugged fella beside him with either Booth or Hanlon at LB depending on who we play.

Thereafter, I'd have Stevenson and the defensive midfielder patrolling the defensive area and snapping everything in sight with Osbourne being the all-action midfielder he is, with Soares and Griffiths given licence to roam around the wide areas and come in centrally. Then I'd have a sober O'Connor up front doing what he should be doing which is ragging centre backs all over the shop or alternatively the aforementioned bullish striker who walks off the pitch after 90 minutes with a bloodied bandage on his head and an opposing centre-back's front tooth lodged in his shinpad with the match ball in his hand.

Stick Brown on the bench alongside Stephens, Booth/Hanlon, Murray, Wotherspoon, Scott and O'Connor/Bullish striker.

Right, now that's done, we can sit O'Hanlon down and whilst patting him on the back for pulling the longest practical joke in history, give him his P45 and in the same breath ask Ivan Sproule if he can sprint from here to Institute in 5000 seconds.

Last but not least, we get Rod Petrie to release a statement to the Hibs fans on the official website detailing exactly what has happened in this transfer window and tell us all, in transparent fashion, why we have failed to sign the players who top our manager's shortlist.

All that done and did, we can all get over ourselves, tuck our apathy, mock outrage, despair and doom into the bottom drawer and get behind this wretched team of ours and support them 100% in our attempts to cement our rightful place this season in 11th position of a league that's about as entertaining as my w**k sock.

The end.

Gordy M
28-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I've now changed my opinion on O'Hanlon to the extent where I wouldnae let him mop up my kitchen floor never mind my defence.

Rugged centre-back, a left-back, a defensive midfielder and a bullish striker. And Stack back in goals.

Francomb at right back with McPake and yon aforementioned rugged fella beside him with either Booth or Hanlon at LB depending on who we play.

Thereafter, I'd have Stevenson and the defensive midfielder patrolling the defensive area and snapping everything in sight with Osbourne being the all-action midfielder he is, with Soares and Griffiths given licence to roam around the wide areas and come in centrally. Then I'd have a sober O'Connor up front doing what he should be doing which is ragging centre backs all over the shop or alternatively the aforementioned bullish striker who walks off the pitch after 90 minutes with a bloodied bandage on his head and an opposing centre-back's front tooth lodged in his shinpad with the match ball in his hand.

Stick Brown on the bench alongside Stephens, Booth/Hanlon, Murray, Wotherspoon, Scott and O'Connor/Bullish striker.

Right, now that's done, we can sit O'Hanlon down and whilst patting him on the back for pulling the longest practical joke in history, give him his P45 and in the same breath ask Ivan Sproule if he can sprint from here to Institute in 5000 seconds.

Last but not least, we get Rod Petrie to release a statement to the Hibs fans on the official website detailing exactly what has happened in this transfer window and tell us all, in transparent fashion, why we have failed to sign the players who top our manager's shortlist.

All that done and did, we can all get over ourselves, tuck our apathy, mock outrage, despair and doom into the bottom drawer and get behind this wretched team of ours and support them 100% in our attempts to cement our rightful place this season in 11th position of a league that's about as entertaining as my w**k sock.

The end.

Cant argue with any of that mate, im just not sure that we will get four in. Hope we do tho, a spine is definitely what we are missing at the moment.

At The Edge
28-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I would like us just to get 2 new faces in on Monday around 5pm after the bounce match, hopefully a defender and a midfielder.
not caring if they are 'big name players' or relative unknowns, all i want to know is that they are decent, are better than what we have right now and will do a job for Hibs and will help us get out of this position we find ourselves in.

AlbertK86
28-01-2012, 09:43 PM

The end.

In an ideal world neither Hanlon or Booth at LB
Booth LM.
Hanlon is a first div player. Mind you might be there with the Hibs soon

MrSmith
28-01-2012, 10:33 PM
I want Budgie back! Even at 60 he'd still be fitter and boot most of their erses!