PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lindsay - Is He Still alive ?!?

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Haven't heard from Scott Lindsay in a while.

I thought he was responsible solely for "football performance" or something like that ?!?

If so, it would be nice to hear his honest views on the current "farrago".

Are you there Scott ?!?

Andy74
28-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd rather he continued to work on much needed signings!

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 07:31 PM

Continued? :faf:

half.time.draw.
28-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Valid point though. We should be worried.

JimBHibees
28-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Continued? :faf:

No shat Sherlock. :greengrin

Yep a few more signings would be good.

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 07:34 PM
No shat Sherlock. :greengrin

Yep a few more signings would be good.

"Hello, can we have your player on loan"

"Naw"

"Ok, bye"

:aok:

JimBHibees
28-01-2012, 07:50 PM
"Hello, can we have your player on loan"

"Naw"

"Ok, bye"

Griffiths, Francomb, Soares, McPake obviously said Yes. Hopefully 2 or 3 before the window closes.

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Griffiths, Francomb, Soares, McPake obviously said Yes. Hopefully 2 or 3 before the window closes.

Any actually signings of players where we are completely paying the wages, he's our player and he won't be away back at the end of the season?

Rae, No. Goodwin, No.

A few loanees here or there fair do's. Are they going to be completely up for the fight, risk injury come the business end of the season?

I'm not saying they are going to be rubbish but there is no building for the future at all.

JimBHibees
28-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Any actually signings of players where we are completely paying the wages, he's our player and he won't be away back at the end of the season?

Rae, No. Goodwin, No.

A few loanees here or there fair do's. Are they going to be completely up for the fight, risk injury come the business end of the season?

I'm not saying they are going to be rubbish but there is no building for the future at all.

Fenlon has said that he wants to loan now and buy in the summer.

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 07:59 PM

When?

What about Gavin Rae and the laddie Doyle?

Buy in the summer? Magic beans? :greengrin

Gala Foxes
28-01-2012, 07:59 PM

Hope he is buying for the SPL in the Summer , not preparing for an assault on the SFL

JimBHibees
28-01-2012, 08:01 PM
When?

He said it is easier to buy in summer. He will buy if he sees something though.

Mikey
28-01-2012, 08:03 PM
When?

Did you see that Chris Kamara played today.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-16773252

Interesting eh?

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 08:05 PM

Interesting eh?

Not really, unless Fenlon wanted him and we were bumped for the side he played for. :aok:

Mikey
28-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Not really, unless Fenlon wanted him and we were bumped for the side he played for. :aok:

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 08:07 PM
He said it is easier to buy in summer. He will buy if he sees something though.

Fair enough.

I was hoping and praying, after not sacking the clown in the summer Lindsay would bring in a manager who had a plan of staying up, who has, in his mind a list of players he would try and bring to the club to keep us up.

It's the usual make it up as we go along, and in desperate times we need a better plan than a few loanees and buying in the summer.

Sir David Gray

Interesting eh?

Why is that interesting? :dunno:

I don't get that. :confused:

The Voice Of Reason
So does anyone know what Scott Lindsay's role is then ?

Is he responsible for "footballing performance" or something like that ?

I haven't heard from him in a while likes........:hmmm:

greenlex
28-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Fair enough.

I was hoping and praying, after not sacking the clown in the summer Lindsay would bring in a manager who had a plan of staying up, who has, in his mind a list of players he would try and bring to the club to keep us up.

It's the usual make it up as we go along, and in desperate times we need a better plan than a few loanees and buying in the summer.
Unless the players wont be available till the Summer. Doyle has been signed for next season.

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Unless the players wont be available till the Summer. Doyle has been signed for next season.

I did mention Doyle.

Gavin Rae was available now. As is many others who have signed perms in the SPL. :agree:

We're all experienced in the transfer window enough now to have a educated guess that come Tuesday or the next couple of weeks we will bring in players released.

Hopefully, unlike the last few windows at least ONE of the players will make a difference.

Brooster
28-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Lindsay seems to be continuing his record of running businesses into the ground.

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Lindsay seems to be continuing his record of running businesses into the ground.

Does he have a record of that, seriously ?!?

Brooster
28-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Yes he has previous. In my opinion he is brining zero to the table at hibs.

Does he have a record of that, seriously ?!?

Spike Mandela
28-01-2012, 09:11 PM

:faf::faf:Do you do stand up Andy?

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 09:11 PM

:agree:

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 09:13 PM
:agree:

Oh he does, he takes money from the table :agree:

IWasThere2016
28-01-2012, 09:15 PM

Nail and WHALLOP! :agree:

Beefster
28-01-2012, 10:13 PM

Absolutely. I've yet to hear a decent argument for what Lindsay actually does to benefit the club, either pre or post his 'move' to the footballing department. At least you can point to Five Hymen and Rodders and say, whether you think they're doing well or not, that they've done x, y and z.

Mikey
28-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Is anyone going to tell us what this "previous" is? Or is it just going to become a hibs.net FACT?

smurf
28-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm sure he held a senior position with a successful marquee business?

AlbertK86
28-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Who cares ....... Do people still believe he does his own thing as opposed to being a puppet for Rodney

Mikey
28-01-2012, 10:36 PM

Wasn't that Jamie Marwick?

smurf
29-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Wasn't that Jamie Marwick?

I'm fairly certain it was SL! Field & Lawn IIRC.

Hibercelona
29-01-2012, 12:10 AM

Can he please "start" first..... :pray:

Saorsa
29-01-2012, 02:22 AM
I'd rather he continued to work on much needed signings!Has he ****in' started like?

Saorsa
29-01-2012, 02:25 AM
I'm sure he held a senior position with a successful marquee business?Has he had any experience in selling canoes without paddles?

IWasThere2016
29-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Has he had any experience in selling canoes without paddles?

:faf:

An insignificance in a Boardroom of incompetence.

The Voice Of Reason
29-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Is anyone going to tell us what this "previous" is? Or is it just going to become a hibs.net FACT?

Is anyone going to tell us/remind us what Scott Lindsay's role at the club is ? Or is it just going to become a hibs.net MYSTERY ?!?!?

Mikey
29-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Is anyone going to tell us/remind us what Scott Lindsay's role at the club is ? Or is it just going to become a hibs.net MYSTERY ?!?!?

We know what his role is at the club.

What we don't know is what his "previous" is.

Beefster
29-01-2012, 09:36 AM
We know what his role is at the club.

What we don't know is what his "previous" is.

How well do you think that he appears to be doing that role?

.Sean.
29-01-2012, 09:47 AM

Much the same as the rest of the board then.

Mikey
29-01-2012, 09:53 AM
How well do you think that he appears to be doing that role?

Do you know what his "previous" is?

PaulSmith
29-01-2012, 10:03 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TV/SearchResults/?freetext=lindsay#bodyBorder

alexedwards
29-01-2012, 11:23 AM

sober up!:rolleyes:

Andy74
29-01-2012, 11:34 AM
sober up!:rolleyes:

Is that not what you would rather he was doing?

cabbageandribs1875
29-01-2012, 11:53 AM

well it's about time he made a marquee signing

degenerated
29-01-2012, 12:07 PM

An insignificance in a Boardroom of incompetence.

Did you apply for the gig and get a kb ? Sounds like your awfy bitter about all these accountants at the club and you're left sniping on your blackberry from the golf club bar on a Saturday afternoon.

RIP
29-01-2012, 12:51 PM
I can't help but wonder how Scott's role would have changed if Petrie had been successful in his attempts to recruit Gordon Strachan as Director of Football recently. Surely Hibs would have had to free up a wage in the Boardroom?

smurf
29-01-2012, 12:51 PM
well it's about time he made a marquee signing

We certainly do. FWIW I think Scott comes across well. He talks a very good game. But then Calderwood aside everyone at Easter Road has recently... And its the reality of where we are where they should ALL be judged.

Jack
29-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I can't help but wonder how Scott's role would have changed if Petrie had been successful in his attempts to recruit Gordon Strachan as Director of Football recently. Surely Hibs would have had to free up a wage in the Boardroom?

They did, Rod Petrie no longer takes a wage.

Beefster
29-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Do you know what his "previous" is?

I didn't mention his previous jobs before Hibs so you'll need to ask one of those that did.

You don't have an opinion on Lindsay's performance then?

IWasThere2016
29-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Did you apply for the gig and get a kb ? Sounds like your awfy bitter about all these accountants at the club and you're left sniping on your blackberry from the golf club bar on a Saturday afternoon.

Mikey
29-01-2012, 02:45 PM
You don't have an opinion on Lindsay's performance then?

Nope.

smurf
29-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Nope.

Why can we have opinions on players, coaching staff and team manager but not the board of directors?

Mikey
29-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Why can we have opinions on players, coaching staff and team manager but not the board of directors?

Erm..... who's stopping you?

smurf
29-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Erm..... who's stopping you?

Not stopping me! Stopping you though!

DarlingtonHibee
29-01-2012, 06:25 PM

:top marks

IWasThere2016
29-01-2012, 08:45 PM
:top marks

:faf: I dinnae go the golf club on a Saturday :greengrin

marinello59
29-01-2012, 08:49 PM
:faf: I dinnae go the golf club on a Saturday :greengrin

What do you do on Saturday afternoons then?:confused:

greenlex
29-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Hospitality. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
29-01-2012, 09:00 PM

Watchit .. Excluding yesterday I was at half of our last 10 games :wink: Giving ER a bye as the atmosphere and 'support' is poisonous and not enjoyable. The Board are largely responsible for that IMHO, as we should never be where we are. Become golf club captain in 3 weeks' time - so might spend Saturday afternoon's there soon. Certain to be more fun than ER .. Will stick to away games. Thanks for asking.

Mikey
29-01-2012, 09:24 PM
The Board are largely responsible for that IMHO, as we should never be where we are.

Really?

You should have said.

sauzee6_2
29-01-2012, 09:36 PM
So does anyone know what Scott Lindsay's role is then ?

Is he responsible for "footballing performance" or something like that ?

I haven't heard from him in a while likes........:hmmm:

That's the problem! Scott Lindsay is an accountant, the club needs an accountant, but why is he based at east mains??? Having had a wee chat with former staff (that held significant positions), Lindsay is taking the director of football role, yet has zero football knowledge!

From what I was told he takes the director of football role, but does not have the bollox to come out publicly as the club fears for the backlash.

Make no mistake, the board read this forum, as do the limpets that surround them - is there any chance you can stand up, grow a pair and take responsibility for the mess you have guided this club into?!?!?

Furthermore how many previous managers speak highly of him - very few, with at least 2 hating his guts!!

To top it off, I was told this morning that Lindsey offered Gavin Rae a 6 month deal, Aberdeen then offered an 18 month deal, Lindsay then panicked and offered an 18 month deal on more money than Aberdeen, yet Rae told him to shove it for offering a former internationalist a 6 month deal, play the game Scott, either quit or start to treat Hibernian Football Club with the respect it deserves!

IWasThere2016
29-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Really?

You should have said.

Tiresome? None more so than the guff I've to put up with - see #59's post for a prime example.

I do keep forgetting it is the fans' fault that since 2007 the club's been on the slide, and we can't halt it.

marinello59
29-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Tiresome? None more so than the guff I've to put up with - see #59's post for a prime example.

Recognition at last. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
29-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Recognition at last. :greengrin

:greengrin

Andy74
30-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Watchit .. Excluding yesterday I was at half of our last 10 games :wink: Giving ER a bye as the atmosphere and 'support' is poisonous and not enjoyable. The Board are largely responsible for that IMHO, as we should never be where we are. Become golf club captain in 3 weeks' time - so might spend Saturday afternoon's there soon. Certain to be more fun than ER .. Will stick to away games. Thanks for asking.

Yep, giving money to our competitors and keeping it away from Hibs. That'll do qonders for our ability to compete.

bawheid
30-01-2012, 09:35 AM
This is superb stuff.

Now that Petrie's taking a bit more of a back seat the smear campaign run by some against their own club needs to move onto someone else. Good work. :aok:

Scott Lindsay is our in cognito Director of Football (remember that?), and he is running the business into the ground. Not only that folks - he also has "previous" for it.

Facts? Nah, no need. I read it on the internet.

ahibby
30-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Talking of previouse. I understand that SL is a Kilmarnock man maybe an ex player like his brother in law who I have heard scouts for us or maybe has a chief scouting role at the club. This is SLs second stint at Hibs. He was at Hibs the last time when Jim Duffy was the manager and we got relegated (bad omen). He left Hibs and I guess has only returned because he didn't succeed in what ever venture he went off to. I could be wrong about the last bit of course but if he was a success then why would he come back having left in the first place. I have thought for the last two or three years that he is part of the problem. However guessing at the problem and knowing it are two different things as are knowing what the problem is and knowing how to fix it (i.e. who would you replace him with as he has built up a lot of experience at Hibs). The players brought in to Hibs in the main haven't been successful and neither have the managers, and if SL is responsible for that then he hasn't been successful either.

Mikey
30-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Talking of previouse. I understand that SL is a Kilmarnock man maybe an ex player like his brother in law who I have heard scouts for us or maybe has a chief scouting role at the club. This is SLs second stint at Hibs. He was at Hibs the last time when Jim Duffy was the manager and we got relegated (bad omen). He left Hibs and I guess has only returned because he didn't succeed in what ever venture he went off to. I could be wrong about the last bit of course but if he was a success then why would he come back having left in the first place. I have thought for the last two or three years that he is part of the problem. However guessing at the problem and knowing it are two different things as are knowing what the problem is and knowing how to fix it (i.e. who would you replace him with as he has built up a lot of experience at Hibs). The players brought in to Hibs in the main haven't been successful and neither have the managers, and if SL is responsible for that then he hasn't been successful either.

:dizzy:

Joe Baker II
30-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Yep, giving money to our competitors and keeping it away from Hibs. That'll do qonders for our ability to compete.

I agree with a lot of your posts but think you have to accept some supporters prefer away games and are happy for money to go into Scottish football rather than their club specifically - and that Scottish football needs such people.

And given it was Hibs who were the main lobbiers for home teams to keep all gate receipts in the 1980s comment it seems unfair to highlight loss to Hibs as a result.

Jack
30-01-2012, 10:11 AM

Definitely no one in the scouting set up is or wiz related to any of the current board.

Andy74
30-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I agree with a lot of your posts but think you have to accept some supporters prefer away games and are happy for money to go into Scottish football rather than their club specifically - and that Scottish football needs such people.

And given it was Hibs who were the main lobbiers for home teams to keep all gate receipts in the 1980s comment it seems unfair to highlight loss to Hibs as a result.

Doesn't really make sense though when some of those people are the most vocal about what Hibs do with 'their' money?

Andy74
30-01-2012, 10:16 AM

Another myth.

The guy Woodison (I think that's his name) is not related to SL and is not a scout, he is a scouting co-ordinator. An admin role.

greenlex
30-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Another myth.

The guy Woodison (I think that's his name) is not related to SL and is not a scout, he is a scouting co-ordinator. An admin role.

Is that the same as a recruitment co-ordinator?:hmmm:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16705682.stm

down the slope
30-01-2012, 10:25 AM
He, like the rest will be co-ordinating their dole money come summer if they dinnae get their finger oot.

Andy74
30-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Is that the same as a recruitment co-ordinator?:hmmm:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16705682.stm

No, one is a scouting co-ordinator, the other is a recruitment co-ordinator.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Doesn't really make sense though when some of those people are the most vocal about what Hibs do with 'their' money?

:agree: And rather than do something to help Hibs, he'd rather do the exact opposite. :confused:

If my memory is correct, the away fans were the ones who got the first reaction from Lee Griffiths at Cowdenbeath, perhaps that was just good natured banter, rather than the poisonous nature that only seems to appear at easter road? :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
30-01-2012, 10:37 AM

I grew up on away games. Still prefer them.

If my memory is correct, the away fans were the ones who got the first reaction from Lee Griffiths at Cowdenbeath, perhaps that was just good natured banter, rather than the poisonous nature that only seems to appear at easter road? :rolleyes:

I was behind the group he had a go at .. and I have still no idea why he did so. I did not hear a single abusive shout at LG during the entire game. I think he has issues - home or away.

down the slope
30-01-2012, 11:00 AM

Ah, the good old fans fault again , you forget that going to away games also gives the team vocal backing which could make them play better which could increase our home crowds if we do well !. You better not go to ER this weekend then if you do not want to give to our competitors as half the gate money goes to Killie.

smurf
30-01-2012, 11:04 AM

Scott Lindsay wasn't at the club when we last got relegated season 1997-1998.:wink:

greenlex
30-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Ah, the good old fans fault again , you forget that going to away games also gives the team vocal backing which could make them play better which could increase our home crowds if we do well !. You better not go to ER this weekend then if you do not want to give to our competitors as half the gate money goes to Killie.
Where in the post is anyone saying its the fans fault? Making some sort of stand and spending money going to away games rather than spending it at ER is financially benefiting the away side rather than Hibs. That's an indisputable fact.

ahibby
30-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Scott Lindsay wasn't at the club when we last got relegated season 1997-1998.:wink:

He himself says he was, so if it isn't true then that in itself is worrying; he doesn't even know where he was, no wonde people have doubts about him.

ahibby
30-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Another myth.

Is some other scout we use related to SL then? Not that I really care all that much.

ahibby
30-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Definitely no one in the scouting set up is or wiz related to any of the current board.

You just don't know what to believe on this board, but it sounds as though you know for sure, so I'll trust you in this.

bawheid
30-01-2012, 12:06 PM
He himself says he was, so if it isn't true then that in itself is worrying; he doesn't even know where he was, no wonde people have doubts about him.

Is some other scout we use related to SL then? Not that I really care all that much.

You just don't know what to believe on this board, but it sounds as though you know for sure, so I'll trust you in this.

Credibility of source

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

Zero.

ahibby
30-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Credibility of source

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

Zero.

I am not sure what you mean. My source about the scout was a post on this board so if it's that then yes the credibility is doubtful. The information about SL came from him.

The Voice Of Reason
30-01-2012, 01:54 PM
That's the problem! Scott Lindsay is an accountant, the club needs an accountant, but why is he based at east mains??? Having had a wee chat with former staff (that held significant positions), Lindsay is taking the director of football role, yet has zero football knowledge!

From what I was told he takes the director of football role, but does not have the bollox to come out publicly as the club fears for the backlash.

Make no mistake, the board read this forum, as do the limpets that surround them - is there any chance you can stand up, grow a pair and take responsibility for the mess you have guided this club into?!?!?

Furthermore how many previous managers speak highly of him - very few, with at least 2 hating his guts!!

To top it off, I was told this morning that Lindsey offered Gavin Rae a 6 month deal, Aberdeen then offered an 18 month deal, Lindsay then panicked and offered an 18 month deal on more money than Aberdeen, yet Rae told him to shove it for offering a former internationalist a 6 month deal, play the game Scott, either quit or start to treat Hibernian Football Club with the respect it deserves!

Interesting post.

To be fair to Hibs, we did try to appoint Strachan as Director of football, so Petrie (or someone at Easter Rd) no doubt realises the error of having a non footballing person in charge of "football performance" !!!!!

The bit about at least 2 ex managers hating Lindsays guts.........how do you know that and who are they ?!?!? (I'll guess at Collins and Hughes!)

Andy74
30-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Interesting post.

To be fair to Hibs, we did try to appoint Strachan as Director of football, so Petrie (or someone at Easter Rd) no doubt realises the error of having a non footballing person in charge of "football performance" !!!!!

The bit about at least 2 ex managers hating Lindsays guts.........how do you know that and who are they ?!?!? (I'll guess at Collins and Hughes!)

I think Hibs would argue that the manager is in charge of football performance. The role of SL is to support that from an administrative perspective, not to be making decisions on the footballing side of things but to provide the resource so that the football people can do their job.

I don't know if Hibs did try and appoint a proper Director of Football in the sense that they would be making footballing decisions. It does seem to go against what was said at the recent forum again about the board not interfering at all on football strategy or in judgements on players. They see that as the job of the manager.

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Kinda flies in the face of what GR himself said.

Gavin Rae on BBC Scotland news "I was at Hibs training ground on Thursday, but when Aberdeen came in for me there was only 1 winner as I have family in the Aberdeen area."

Eric
30-01-2012, 03:06 PM

Just had a look at the Official Programme for the Dundee Utd game on 2 May 98 - the day on which we were relegated - and SL is not listed as a director. In fact he did not become a director - Finance Director - until Season 2002-03 so not even close.:wink:

sauzee6_2
30-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Interesting post.

I do not want to say who told me however suffice to say the had very good links and I trust them 100%. one of the managers mentioned above is correct (not that the other one likes Lindsay) the unmentioned manager genuinely hates Lindsay!

As for the comments that Lindsay and the scout are not related....tosh!
They are related, to the extent that he was not appointed by the manager in charge at the time! The manager wanted somebody else however was over ruled! Yet you have never mentioned that Scott have you?!?!

sauzee6_2
30-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Kinda flies in the face of what GR himself said.

Gavin Rae on BBC Scotland news "I was at Hibs training ground on Thursday, but when Aberdeen came in for me there was only 1 winner as I have family in the Aberdeen area."

Yes Rae is an Aberdeen fan, with family in the area, but, Hibs had been speaking to Rae for days before Aberdeen showed an interest. They offered a 6 month deal before Aberdeen had even contacted his agent.

Had Lindsay offered the 18 month deal he was after he would be a Hibs player by now. Rae was close to signing (why else would he be at HTC?) yet Lindsays penny pinching slaps the fans in the face yet again!!

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Yes Rae is an Aberdeen fan, with family in the area, but, Hibs had been speaking to Rae for days before Aberdeen showed an interest. They offered a 6 month deal before Aberdeen had even contacted his agent.

Had Lindsay offered the 18 month deal he was after he would be a Hibs player by now. Rae was close to signing (why else would he be at HTC?) yet Lindsays penny pinching slaps the fans in the face yet again!!

Did PF want him for longer than 6 months?

The Voice Of Reason
30-01-2012, 08:32 PM
I do not want to say who told me however suffice to say the had very good links and I trust them 100%. one of the managers mentioned above is correct (not that the other one likes Lindsay) the unmentioned manager genuinely hates Lindsay!

As for the comments that Lindsay and the scout are not related....tosh!
They are related, to the extent that he was not appointed by the manager in charge at the time! The manager wanted somebody else however was over ruled! Yet you have never mentioned that Scott have you?!?!

Cheers bud - please keep the info coming :agree:

Can't be very healthy and must be detrimental if the football manager(s) at the club hate the guy who is in charge of "Footballing Performance" !

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Andy74
30-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Cheers bud - please keep the info coming :agree:

Can't be very healthy and must be detrimental if the football manager(s) at the club hate the guy who is in charge of "Footballing Performance" !

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Oh aye. This guy sounds clued up right enough. :rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
30-01-2012, 08:36 PM

He sounds genuine enough to me.

Why do you think otherwise Andrew ?

sauzee6_2
30-01-2012, 08:47 PM

Then correct me Andy - can you dispute anything I have said? Unless you have something to add, why comment?

Andy74
31-01-2012, 11:33 PM
So. He was working after all eh?

JimBHibees
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM

Yep sounds like he is still alive and was working his butt off to get players in and out of the club. Some of the negativity around the club really is staggering at times.

IWasThere2016
01-02-2012, 10:16 AM

Yep sounds like he is still alive and was working his butt off to get players in and out of the club. Some of the negativity around the club really is staggering at times.

Indeed .. there was quantity .. I wanna feel the quality though :wink:

ahibby
01-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Just had a look at the Official Programme for the Dundee Utd game on 2 May 98 - the day on which we were relegated - and SL is not listed as a director. In fact he did not become a director - Finance Director - until Season 2002-03 so not even close.:wink:

We could go on all day about this, you have your evidence and I have mine, all be it only his word that he was at Hibs the season we were relegated. I can't see any reason why he would say he was if he wasn't. It's a strange one though because his actual words to me where " I worked for Hibs the last time we were relegated but I was also here when we brought in Sauzee and Latapy". Make of that what you want. I don't really care one way or the other but I have the right to pass on when a question is raised words from the horses mouth so to speak.

ahibby
01-02-2012, 10:29 AM
:dizzy:

Oh Mikey! You'll need to pick your words very carefully in future otherwise I'll be getting the bold out too. I was on an SL bashing stint and you've gone and spoiled it. Hail to the guy who told me all that tosh and hail to him for bringing us to this situation in the league, but let's forget all that now, that we have a load of decent players on loan.

ahibby
01-02-2012, 10:30 AM

You are having a laugh aren't you. Negativity? Why would the Hibs fans be negative over the past few seasons? That's a rhetorical and sarcastic question of course.

Baker9
01-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Haven't heard from Scott Lindsay in a while.

I thought he was responsible solely for "football performance" or something like that ?!?

If so, it would be nice to hear his honest views on the current "farrago".

Are you there Scott ?!?

Given the huge amount of activity over the last month in his area of responsibility I think it is fair to assume he is alive and kicking.:agree:

Andy74
01-02-2012, 10:36 AM
You are having a laugh aren't you. Negativity? Why would the Hibs fans be negative over the past few seasons? That's a rhetorical and sarcastic question of course.

Nowt wrong with it in itself, but this is an example of the sort of thing I talk about that doesn't help - just total nonsense about the suggestion that SL had not and would not be working hard to get players in.

There were a few laughs at the start of this thread at the suggestion that he might be busy working on things.

Yes, the team has been rubbish, that doesn't provide a reason to be critical of things that people evidently don't know anyhting about in terms of how they work.

Andy74
01-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Indeed .. there was quantity .. I wanna feel the quality though :wink:

You get what you pay for.

Or in your case you get what we pay for.

greenlex
01-02-2012, 10:41 AM

Bitch!!! :tee hee:

Mikey
01-02-2012, 10:42 AM

:greengrin

NYHibby
01-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I heard that Scott Lindsay made a faustian pact with the devil where he loaned his soul to the devil until the end of the season. Hence all of our loan signings and why no one knows if SL is live or not.

The Voice Of Reason
01-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Nowt wrong with it in itself, but this is an example of the sort of thing I talk about that doesn't help - just total nonsense about the suggestion that SL had not and would not be working hard to get players in.

There were a few laughs at the start of this thread at the suggestion that he might be busy working on things.

Yes, the team has been rubbish, that doesn't provide a reason to be critical of things that people evidently don't know anyhting about in terms of how they work.

Ahhh, so you are alive after all !!!!

You have just ignored questions put to you by myself and sauzee6-2 and come on here to gloat/score points instead......evidently. :dummytit:

My original post was questioning why Mr Lindsay (who is well paid to be in charge of "footballing performance") had been quieter than a church mouse since September. I feel some words from him or a statement would be beneficial.

Great news re the loan signings, I just hope they work (definition of "work" being that they keep us up).

Mikey
01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Can we not all just start looking forward instead of digging up stuff from the past.

The past being 30th January :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Can we not all just start looking forward instead of digging up stuff from the past.

31st surely......:greengrin

Time for the fans to get back to supporting, the Board have done their bit, now it's up to us as supporter's to make that wall of noise, to stop gnashing our teeth when we lose a goal, to shout and cajole our team, and help them climb the table....:flag::pfgwa

ahibby
01-02-2012, 11:02 AM

Okay maybe I was a bit prickly thinking that yourself, Mikey and one or two others are suggesting that fans should not be critical of what has happened over the past few seasons. Fans have reason to be critical of our slump and those who are evidently directly or indirectly responsible for that. I agree that fans should not have been critical about the presumed lack of activity in January window, I never was. I would have been had it come to pass but it hasn't. Like Mikey says, it's time too look forward and not back.

The Voice Of Reason
01-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Fair point - onwards and upwards (hopefully)......cos if it is downwards than we are in serious trouble !!! :greengrin

Hibs Till We Die ! :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
01-02-2012, 11:21 AM

Some of the negativity I said. No-one is getting away that we have been junk for a couple of years and the club have deserved and got heaps of criticism however some of the personal criticism based on little or no knowledge of what actually takes place is self defeating and helps no-one especially given our current position.

Andy74
01-02-2012, 12:11 PM
Ahhh, so you are alive after all !!!!

You have just ignored questions put to you by myself and sauzee6-2 and come on here to gloat/score points instead......evidently. :dummytit:

My original post was questioning why Mr Lindsay (who is well paid to be in charge of "footballing performance") had been quieter than a church mouse since September. I feel some words from him or a statement would be beneficial.

Great news re the loan signings, I just hope they work (definition of "work" being that they keep us up).

Eh? Been here as usual!

What questions did you have in mind?

If it's to do with SL being related to a scout I've said already I know that to be nonsense. SL addressed this directly at the last forum and was using it as an example of some of the bizarre and unhelpful stuff people were putting out there as fact.

Dirkster23
01-02-2012, 12:55 PM

:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM

Now thats funny. :faf:

The Voice Of Reason
01-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Eh? Been here as usual!

What questions did you have in mind? If it's to do with SL being related to a scout I've said already I know that to be nonsense. SL addressed this directly at the last forum and was using it as an example of some of the bizarre and unhelpful stuff people were putting out there as fact.

The questions in posts 97 and 98 :aok:

IWasThere2016
01-02-2012, 02:48 PM

:na na:

Andy74
01-02-2012, 04:40 PM
The questions in posts 97 and 98 :aok:

Them - did I not deal with those by confirming that SL himself had said that the talk of a scout being realted was nonsense at the last forum?

So, unless the suggestion is that SL is a liar then I doubt that the poster who was saying this is that reliable.

RIP
01-02-2012, 06:26 PM
I bet Scott is having a good laugh at the thread title

If as I suspect, he is a family man, it's probably a question his wife and kids have been asking these last few weeks

Well done Scott :thumbsup: