PDA

View Full Version : Mark brown or stack?

mon the cabbage
28-01-2012, 07:26 PM
stack would be my first choice keeper because brown has been poor lately and hasn't done enough to grab the no.1 spot.

I know stack isn't to good either and flaps at almost every cross but he can make a few good saves.

Who would be your first choice keeper and why?

greenlex
28-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Stack for me is a better shot stopper. Nothing to seperate them in any other department.
To be honest Keeper isnt the problem.

Andy74
28-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Stack for me. Just all round a bit stronger and a bit better at organising people.

JimBHibees
28-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Stack for me. Just all round a bit stronger and a bit better at organising people.

Agree a bit more of a presence. Brown to me is very average apart from his kicking which is poor. Would actually like to see another keeper but will likely see one coming in the summer.

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Both are brutal. We need a goalie that inspires confidence. Neither do.

truehibernian
28-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Get shot of both and get in Zaluska or Randolph.

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Get shot of both and get in Zaluska or Randolph.

Randolph wouldn't move from Motherwell to us and Zaluska will be away somewhere else. Nice idea though. :agree:

Why can't we bring in a Randolph, or that boy who scored 2 again today from Estonia?

seven nowt
28-01-2012, 07:39 PM
They're both ****. They both give the opposition time to regroup and kick it straight to the other team's defence. Brown looks the part, and is more confident at coming to collect the ball, makes the easy saves but isn't their when you need him. His distribution is disappointing as well. Stack is not much better, he's panicky, misjudges easy balls but has over the season, done more memorable things and is quite crazy and thats what you have to be to be a goalkeeper apparently. Since Brown's been between the sticks, we've conceded 11 goals in 4 games. Whether it is a coincidence or not, thats not a good record to have as a goalkeeper.

Sign one up. A keeper you can rely on can always help keep a motivated defence and would stop the whole teams heads going down.

SMAXXA
28-01-2012, 08:19 PM
I agree they are both not good enough. I would say Stack should be back in now after Brown blew his chance today.

Holmesdale Hibs
28-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Stack. Brown is ok as well though, not alot between them. Goalkeeper is one of our strongest positions at the moment.

R'Albin
28-01-2012, 08:26 PM

:agree:

And I really don't know what you lot expect in a keeper? Both are solid enough, and Zaluska and Randolph are no better, it's just that they don't play for us...

At The Edge
28-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Not much between them, my only gripe with both of them is their distribution, esp starting play from the back, although this may be down to the worry that our defence is a bit pants and that the ball will come straight back to them, then they have to hoof it up the park. so they just cut out the middle man.

FitbaFolkKen
28-01-2012, 08:42 PM
The keepers are both more than competent at SPL level, not much between them and certainly not a problem area for us.

Ask yourself if you would feel confident playing behind our back 4? Then you probably have the reason why the keepers are underperforming.

seven nowt
28-01-2012, 08:59 PM
:agree:

And I really don't know what you lot expect in a keeper? Both

Just a keeper that won't flap at corners, that has good distribution, and that wont give the defence time to regroup and doesn't make so many basic errors.

Onceinawhile
28-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Whichever one doesn't have the gloves at the time is my favourite.

Both keepers are Joe average. Not terrible, not likely to save us tens of points. The problem is both of them are being regularly exposed by a terrible defensive unit.

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2012, 11:25 PM
No goalkeeper could look good behind that defence......................what defence?.......................yeah that's the one!

HFC 0-7
28-01-2012, 11:30 PM
No goalkeeper could look good behind that defence......................what defence?.......................yeah that's the one!

They get plenty of practice though!

SteveHFC
28-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Stack by a mile. Brown is S****.

HibbyKeith
29-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Stack for me, when its a 1 on 1 i fancy stack to make a save, seems any shot with purpose goes in at the moment against Brown.

Hibercelona
29-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Can't believe people are saying Stack is a crap keeper. At least he has some baws. If only the same could be said about other players on the pitch.

Stacks made some cracking saves this seasons and has covered our blushes more often than not.

since90plustwo
29-01-2012, 12:47 AM
both good keepers imo. some people on this would fault pepe reina or joe hart if they played for us. between the sticks and up front are our strongest positions! stack has covered our arse more times than he makes mistakes. FACT. being a keeper is the hardest position to play on the park. people are far too critical on hibs players.

weedgiehibbie
29-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Stack for me. A dedcnt enough keeper and Brown is decent enough backup but as folk have stated their not playing behind a good defence right now. Both are better than Brown and Zibi.

Chose Stack as he seems to me to be a slightly more confident, outgoing keeper. Not that i know them personaly lol but i remember a game v killie i think last season at ER where we were 2-1 up with 10 mins to play but down to 10 men with Stack in goals and he seemed to me to be the best keeper to get his hands on the ball and just calm things down at the back with not quite an arrogant swagger but a confidence that spreads outwards. although it aint happened much this season i'll admit :greengrin

yekimevol
29-01-2012, 01:11 AM
stack - he is better on the ball, a better shot stopper and is a character on this pitch that we need.

i cant understand why brown is in goals - when a keeper lets two in against a second division team, then the team at the bottom of the league, then another three in a important match. Why is he not dropped.

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 01:24 AM
can't see it would make much difference withour defence (if we can still call it that)

DAVE1875
29-01-2012, 02:52 AM
Don't know why people are saying both of them aren't good enough, even Iker Casillas would concede alot of goals with our defence in front of him

Hibs On Tour
29-01-2012, 02:58 AM
Stack all day long and twice on Sundays...

Dr Jimmy
29-01-2012, 08:00 AM
It was more than coincidence that we went on our unbeaten run last season when Stack returned. Talk at the time was that Stack was a better communicator and organiser. If there is something we are crying out for it is better organisation at the back.
Stack ahead of Brown all day long for me.

NorthNorfolkHFC
29-01-2012, 08:17 AM
don't care. least of our problems

matty_f
29-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Both are good keepers, IMHO, but I'd have Stack ahead of Brown every day of the week.

hibsbollah
29-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Whichever one doesn't have the gloves at the time is my favourite.

Both keepers are Joe average. Not terrible, not likely to save us tens of points. The problem is both of them are being regularly exposed by a terrible defensive unit.

This is it for me. Both average. Brown for me by a bawhair but as has already been said its the least of our problems.

Andy74
29-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Just a keeper that won't flap at corners, that has good distribution, and that wont give the defence time to regroup and doesn't make so many basic errors.

Man U paid quite a few million for one and still didn't get any of that. Ours are the least of our problems!

Pretty Boy
29-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Stack.

Should have been restored as soon as he was fit.

duffers
29-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Stack for me

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Stack is our first choice keeper and should play when fit. The defensive relationship that pins it altogether at the back is keeper and two CH's so if you chop and change all the time you reap what you sow.

Prawn Sandwich
29-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Neither. Get a new keeper in the summer. In the meantime, I don't care which one is in goal because they are both gash.

Dr Jimmy
29-01-2012, 10:48 AM
We could play them both at the same time and they would still ship a ton of goals behind our current defence.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Stack all day long and twice on Sundays...

:agree: When fit there is only one logical choice, why Fenlon picks Brown is a mystery and a mistake imo.:confused:

The_Todd
29-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Both are brutal. We need a goalie that inspires confidence. Neither do.

Compared to what we're used to (Hello Zibi, I'm looking your way here. And you, Andy McNeill. Not forgetting Simon Brown) Stack is positively awesome.

Golden Bear
05-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Whoever - but let's have a wee bit variation on the big punt up the park.

Saorsa
05-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Anyone who thinks Stack or Brown are better than this bloke should be refused admission to Easter Road!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSOcM9w0TY:yawn:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies 2/troll4.jpg

Dirkster23
05-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Anyone who thinks Stack or Brown are better than this bloke should be refused admission to Easter Road!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSOcM9w0TY

Aye, the big guys career has really taken off as the number 2 at Mechelen :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
05-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Not much difference between the two for me. I thought Stack's distribution was better than Brown's but Stck's kicking was so bad yesterday I spent the whole game thinking Brown was in goals and kept shouting " c'mon Brown, keep the ball on the park !! " The folk around me must have thought I was daft. Should have gone to Specsavers :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-02-2012, 03:17 PM
bloke behind me was getting on francombes back all through the 2nd half????????

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Stack every time.

Most of the stick he gets on here is for not coming off his line for cross balls, but keepers nowadays just don't cattle everything in front of them like in the old days. Maybe it's due to being penalised by referees or coaching in the modern game?

Either way it's not such an issue when there are a couple of decent centre backs in front of him, and whether the keeper comes of his line or not is something that'd be decided in training well before games anyway.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-02-2012, 03:22 PM
bloke behind me was getting on francombes back all through the 2nd half????????

What, like gettin a caulibuckie down the stairs tae the bogs and that?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-02-2012, 03:27 PM
If you care to watch the video,you'll see how to command your area :wink:

I actually liked big Maka, but towards the end was playing with no confidence and making silly mistakes. Had to go I'm afraid.

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSOcM9w0TY

Thought this was a thread about keepers, why have you mentioned a circus clown in comparison :confused:

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Any mistakes he made were well within an acceptable percentage in relation to what a goalie gets thrown at him. His exceptional ability far outweighed the odd mistake.If there were howls of derision every time Stack fumbled or stayed on his line when he should be coming for it, the noise would be deafening!

:faf::faf: Comedy Genius

glenberviehibee
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Stack for me but think Paddy will be in the market for a keeper in the summer.

stu in nottingham
05-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Brown shades it for me. Stack has more confidence and his distribution is better but Brown is a safer pair of hands and comes out for the ball better. I feel that of the two he makes less mistakes. Neither are bad but I'd look to release one of them and invest in some quality in the most important position on the park.

Pretty Boy
05-02-2012, 05:36 PM
If you care to watch the video,you'll see how to command your area :wink:

I once watched a heavily edited 3 minute video on YouTube that proved beyond all reasonable doubt that Tony Blair was a freemason being controlled by the illuminati.

Andy74
05-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Any mistakes he made were well within an acceptable percentage in relation to what a goalie gets thrown at him. His exceptional ability far outweighed the odd mistake.If there were howls of derision every time Stack fumbled or stayed on his line when he should be coming for it, the noise would be deafening!

You are not even funny anymore.

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2012, 05:49 PM
I like Stacky in goals, but he is not that brilliant coming for cross balls, and I wonder about his communication with defenders at time....

erin go bragh
05-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Stack for me, but yesterday he made a world class save then totally missed the ball from the resulting corner , think pf will be looking for a new no1 for next season .

ggtth

Baldy Foghorn
05-02-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm not clear on how you can say "Stacky" is not that brilliant coming for cross balls..Would the big mouthed hard man not have to come for one before he can be judged?

You seem to think you are a goalkeeping coach.....Why are you so opposed to keepers that are not Makalambay?:confused:

cad
05-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Very likely that Pat will be looking for another keeper come the next window , the clear out he started in Jan, part II will be in Aug .
I dont know which one I would keep , Im not fussed TBH they are much about the same .

Hibby cal
05-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Not much between them
But stack gives just slightly
More confidence to me.
More of a tougher player.
Brown seems to be soft.
If only stack would come for
More crosses.
But one will go in the summer
And a new number 1 will come
In as the revelution continues

Scouse Hibee
05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
You seem to think you are a goalkeeping coach.....Why are you so opposed to keepers that are not Makalambay?:confused:

He is Makalambay

BSEJVT
05-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Stack by a mile. Brown is S****.

Agree entirely

Brown doesnt impress me one little bit.

FWIW I dont think Stack is up to much either but he IMO definitely the better of the two by quite a distance

Cropley10
05-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Browns kicking is brutal. Don't think it will improve. Stack for me but I hope Nutsy has a proper GK on his list.