PDA

View Full Version : Just Back - For Those Who Weren't There

Chuck Rhoades
28-01-2012, 06:58 PM
1st goal - counter attack after a good chance for Hibs.
2nd goal - calamity between keeper/defender.
3rd goal - free kick that should have been saved.

We were in the game at 1-0 and 2-0. We gifted 3 soft goals. However, we created chances, but didn't take them. We also had a penalty shout.

Had we taken our chances we could have got something for the game. 4-0 flatters them completely!

Some people on here just look at the score and assume the rest.

Gordy M
28-01-2012, 07:01 PM

We were in the game at 1-0 and 2-0. We gifted 3 soft goals. However, we created chances, but didn't take them. We also had a penalty shout.

Had we taken our chances we could have got something for the game. 4-0 flatters them completely!

Cheers for the update mate, how did Soares and McPake(before his red card) do?

hibsbollah
28-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Glad to hear it. How was Tom Soares?

SMAXXA
28-01-2012, 07:02 PM

I agree with the above. Its the same old though isnt it, gifting goals. Ev en without Leigh and Garry we created decent chances

SMAXXA
28-01-2012, 07:03 PM

Pretty quiet didnt do much really, had a half penalty shout and didnt hit the target when he should have in the first half when he just had McGregor to beat. McPake looked Ok I thought.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Pretty much agree with that.

We were in the game for about an hour today and it was never a 4-0 game.

Unfortunately, when you're conceding goals like that second one, then you're never going to get anywhere.

I wouldn't even expect to see a children's team defending like that.

Chuck Rhoades
28-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Sparky was in with the fans, Huns mocking him, Hibs fans responding with "lets all do the sparky" whilst GIRFUT!

SMAXXA
28-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Sparky was in with the fans, Huns mocking him, Hibs fans responding with "lets all do the sparky" whilst GIRFUT!

:top marks:faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2012, 07:43 PM

quiet but obviously needing games. This boy is a player though.

greenlex
28-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Keeper would have had to make a world class save to stop that free kick. Little chance with it IMO.

Spike Mandela
28-01-2012, 07:47 PM
quiet but obviously needing games. This boy is a player though.

needing games:rolleyes:

frazeHFC
28-01-2012, 07:51 PM

:thumbsup: :top marks That would have been amazing. :not worth

Shame about the result but seems it wasn't all doom and gloom. How did the new boys get on?

NYHibby
28-01-2012, 07:52 PM

Also at the game and agree with the above.

That SuBo woman is a legend.

Cod Boy
28-01-2012, 07:56 PM
:thumbsup: :top marks That would have been amazing. :not worth

Shame about the result but seems it wasn't all doom and gloom. How did the new boys get on?

would have been better if sparky had been on the pitch instead of sitting with the fans

bigwheel
28-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Third goal was unstoppable ... Would like to see the free kick award again...I don't know how McPake could possibly have avoided clashing with their forward with that bouncing ball...seemed harsh to me to be a second booking

We were poor defensively...not just the back four...the midfield too...lost possession ...

Like the look of Francombe at RB, thought Sproule probably had his best game since returning...Soares , no impact

Thought Osbourne, Wotherspoon and Stevenson struggled... Although the latter played at least three positions during the game...

All in all, a poor 90 mins against a very average Rangers side...

Can't see where a shutout is coming from

Oh, and browns kicking remains murder ...

R'Albin
28-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I walked out at 3-0 today(in my own house:greengrin) in a huff but I thought we were good from what I saw. What completely killed the game for me was O'Hanlon and Brown essentially gifting them a goal. Imagine how it must feel for the rest of the players. Why should I bother putting in effort because at some point in the game those clowns at the back will just throw it away anyway?

Up until the 2nd goal we put in effort and created a fair few chances. Sproule had his best game since returning IMO. Looked more like the old Ivan who would just run at player and wouldn't be afraid to take them on. He and others set up a few chances and I think if O'Connor and/or Griffiths had beenn on we would have scored one, and that would have changed the complex of the game entirely.

McPake looked good I thought today :agree: He wasn't to blame for any of the goals I didn't think, he will be quite a good signing I hope. Francombe looked alright but got caught out a few times at the back. From what I've seen I think he would be better deployed in right mid. Hanlon I thought played well today.

O'Hanlon, Sean O'effing Hanlon! He deserves a paragraph of his own because that was some of the worst defending I've seen! I thought last week was horrendous defending.. that was even worse! Letting the ball bounce and then a terrible attempt at heading it back to the goalkeeper who to be fair was quickly out.. but then he managed to F it up as well and head it of our own player? Still the biggest surprise in all that was that David Healy actually scored!

Our midfield were alright today, Ozzy did well, you can tell he is a class above the players around him. Stevenson wasn't great today, passing wasn't as good and wasn't involved much. Spoony was alright, though he was a little slack at times. Soares didn't really do much today, though he hasn't played much (?) so he's probably just a little of the pace, why the hell didn't he slide in when Ivan put that ball across though?!

Doyle was good today, got in all the right positions but he needed to bury that chance early in the game, he took a touch to many and if he had gone on to score as I said earlier it would've changed the game! Still think he could be a decent player for us though..

Overall thought we were decent today, just a couple of shockers from the defence cost us big time. Passing was a hell of a lot better though and we looked more Gelled :agree:

Baldy
28-01-2012, 09:24 PM
2nd goal - calamity between keeper/defender. Keeper not at fault, O'Hanlon 100% at fault
3rd goal - free kick that should have been saved It was a fantastic free kick over the wall and into top corner, Keeper never had a chance..

Brown had no chance with any of the goals

Cropley10
28-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info. Good to hear that the score flattered them.

Can someone tell me how the ref, none other than Scotland's worse IMHO, Charlie 'Grinning Pan' Richmond, got on? I'm sensing, giving us nothing at all, ever whilst remaining the centre of attention at every possible opportunity?

greenlex
28-01-2012, 09:26 PM

Can someone tell me how the ref, none other than Scotland's worse IMHO, Charlie 'Grinning Pan' Richmond, got on? I'm sensing, giving us nothing at all, ever whilst remaining the centre of attention at every possible opportunity?
Needless bookings on both sides but got most decisions about right I think barring the McPake sending off. He did little wrong for a fould never mind a second booking.. Still a ****ing clown though.

Cropley10
28-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Needless bookings on both sides but got most decisions about right I think barring the McPake sending off. He did little wrong for a fould never mind a second booking.. Still a ****ing clown though.

Thanks Lex

I remember that season with Collins I think it was - we used to get him every other week..

Chuck Rhoades
28-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I agree O'Hanlon was at fault with the original header. Thought keeper had involvement to though. Either way, what a shambles.

I will need to see the free kick again, first impression was it wasn't exactly top corner. However, judging by the other replies it must have been a decent strike.

Shambolic defending cost us, again.

greenlex
28-01-2012, 09:49 PM
I agree O'Hanlon was at fault with the original header. Thought keeper had involvement to though. Either way, what a shambles.

I will need to see the free kick again, first impression was it wasn't exactly top corner. However, judging by the other replies it must have been a decent strike.

Shambolic defending cost us, again.
Brown actually did what he could and came out his box and headed the ball. It hits McPake on the back and falls at Healy's feet. Even he couldnt miss. Wholly the fault of O'Hanlon for me.

Hibernia Na Eir
28-01-2012, 09:59 PM
all versus a hideous hun eleven!! very galling!!

Ferryhibby
29-01-2012, 12:30 AM

the mans still a ***** rse he booked that lanky piece of piss central defender for dissent and the guy kept on for about a minute after still arguing.....if hed already booked him for it then why didnt he send him off for still mouthing off...then sends off McPake for their player bumping into him....still a clown

Hibercelona
29-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Doesn't matter if we played ok or not. If you gift away goals in pretty much every game you're involved in this season, then its asking for trouble.

SteveHFC
29-01-2012, 01:43 AM

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/280112-Rangers-v-Hibs/G0000ACG8hsbeZ1k/I0000SXecT6EF8JE

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/280112-Rangers-v-Hibs/G0000ACG8hsbeZ1k/I0000pt3DF1CzLyw

Pete
29-01-2012, 01:59 AM
http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/280112-Rangers-v-Hibs/G0000ACG8hsbeZ1k/I0000SXecT6EF8JE

http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/280112-Rangers-v-Hibs/G0000ACG8hsbeZ1k/I0000pt3DF1CzLyw

:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
29-01-2012, 02:04 AM

The one game he has no involvement in and he still makes an early exit! :grr: :wink:

duffers
29-01-2012, 03:03 AM
dont think 4-0 was the correct result. It was also never a penalty.

spike220
29-01-2012, 05:06 AM
well done to those who went through and to griffiths for fronting up to the fans.

It was obvously not the right time to kick Alley in the nuts, they will have to keep for another day!

GGTTH

john18722
29-01-2012, 08:40 AM
would have been better if sparky had been on the pitch instead of sitting with the fans

How observant of you.

ALF TUPPER
29-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Yeah. accurate relection of the game by previous posters never 4 goals in it. Flattered them.

Well done Sparky for joining the support. Clever bit of PR. son. Step 2 Leigh ...... get back on the pitch and start banging in goals for the Hibees.

Mon the Hibees. We're gonna hammer someone big time soon. I can see things starting to shape up.

Forever the optimist !

Kaiser1962
29-01-2012, 11:14 AM

:agree:

Except that I thought the free kick was well hit and I would expect it to have beaten most keepers.

Phil MaGlass
29-01-2012, 03:15 PM
In all honesty, i can see us start to pick up points very shortly, there will soon be daylight between us and Dunfy, another couple of weeks and the team will take shape.