PDA

View Full Version : I Think We'll Go Down..............

midlothianhibby
28-01-2012, 05:43 PM
if at any stage between now and the end of the season we go bottom.

There's too many things amiss from a quality point of view and we are also devoid of 2 vital ingredients..........character & luck.

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2012, 05:48 PM

There's too many things amiss from a quality point of view and we are also devoid of 2 vital ingredients..........character & luck.

LOL - yam alert !

You can add "pace", "power", and "ability" to your list by the way ! :agree:

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2012, 05:50 PM

:monkey1:

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't even think we will finish 2nd bottom. :wink:

Hibercelona
28-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I see us going down too. I guess i'm a yam fud as well. :aok:

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2012, 05:55 PM

No-one said you were a yam? Who knows if you're a fud, but defo not a yam :greengrin

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 05:55 PM

You gotta have faith :agree:

midlothianhibby
28-01-2012, 06:02 PM
YAM Alert..........WTF? I've followed Hibs for over 30 yrs.

Just my personal opinion. I've seen us get relegated twice before and each time we were sunk as soon as we hit the bottom. We are moving into February and not the time to go bottom.

If Dunfermline beat Killie in their next game, which is before we play again, we will be 2 points adrift and IMHO I think we'll go down. I just don't think we can afford to hit the bottom.

LOL - yam alert !

You can add "pace", "power", and "ability" to your list by the way ! :agree:

Camo
28-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Let's be honest, lucky that Dunfermline are as rubbish as they are.

Can't see anyone going down except them.

hibsbollah
28-01-2012, 06:06 PM
We'll stay up and win the Cup n that. :flag:

Spike Mandela
28-01-2012, 06:55 PM
At the risk of stating the obvious it's a 50/50 chance at the moment.

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Let's be honest, lucky that Dunfermline are as rubbish as they are.

Can't see anyone going down except them.

It's not lucky at all, before them it was Hamilton who were the shannest in the league.

It's like saying Celtic are lucky Rangers are skint, it's not luck it's the way it is. :agree:

King Paddy
28-01-2012, 06:58 PM

I agree that we will go down mainly because we as a squad have not shown the bottle to battle the way i feel Dunfrmilne will. We might play better Football than them but our defence is sooooooooo porous
you could drive a double decker bus through it. Rant over going for a lie down.

JimBHibees
28-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Massive amount of trolling going on.

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2012, 07:17 PM

You miss my point young man.

The OP only has 20 posts to her name, hence the "Yam alert" shout. Nothing to do with the fact she thinks we will go down (she is not alone in thinking that).

:aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2012, 07:21 PM
If luck evens itself out over a season, then we should have a shed load of it due for delivery sometime soon.

bigwheel
28-01-2012, 07:22 PM
I was there today, and it had all the hallmarks of a relegation performance ... Glimmers
Of hope, followed by losing easy goals...We are losing 2 or 3 goals a game ...another sign .

We need to put a run of 3 or 4 wins together and it's hard to see that...it's going to be really close right to end of season....

Ozyhibby
28-01-2012, 07:28 PM
I must be a Yam as well because I think we will go down as well if we keep signing the dross we have been. 3 days to change things. Can't see it.

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I was there today, and it had all the hallmarks of a relegation performance ... Glimmers
Of hope, followed by losing easy goals...We are losing 2 or 3 goals a game ...another sign .

We need to put a run of 3 or 4 wins together and it's hard to see that...it's going to be really close right to end of season....

Agreed, we played well in patches, but really criminal defending......Its really starting to look dodgy for us....

Bad Martini
28-01-2012, 07:34 PM
One point above Dunfermline but 8 adrift. It's hanging in the balance, if we go on a worse run and Dunfermline morose, we're ****ed

ENDOF

1950's hibbie
28-01-2012, 07:39 PM
was able to watch the game today. If anything subscribes to us going down it was the failure to make two of the squared passes across the goal to go in the net. The failure of a defender to head the ball strongly enough to get to the goalie. These examples are not just for todays game, but reading here are the type of amateur mistakes being made on a weekly basis by reputed professionals. There is nothing worse as a manager than having employees fail to do what you teach them and practise on a daily basis.

A person watching that team today if being honest can say there were moments when Hibs looked quite competitive. But you could almost see the dejection ppearing as what looked like simple opportunities to score were missed, and weak defending contributed to goals against. This does not look like a happy united team, it looks like a team that have lost confidence in each other, it also looks like, but could not be, a team trying to play to kill the coach. I realise that is not the fact, Fenlon has not been there long enough, but Hibs performance resembles a team with that intention. There must be dissent in the room, who or what could be responsible, is it a reaction to the return of such as O'connor, Sproule and even back to Riordan. I have no idea the reason, but the malaise has been consistently there since the controversial meeting with Petrie.

down the slope
28-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Just wait until we hit the usual slump which happens about this time every season then we will be in trouble !, there is no words to describe our position other than criminal . Rod Petrie is to football what Fred Goodwin is to banking !.

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I must be a Yam as well because I think we will go down as well if we keep signing the dross we have been. 3 days to change things. Can't see it.

I repeat, you miss my point young man.

The OP only has 20 posts to her name, hence the "Yam alert" shout. Nothing to do with the fact she thinks we will go down (she is not alone in thinking that).

Betty Boop
28-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I repeat, you miss my point young man.

Excuse me, but how do you know he is a she ?

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Excuse me, but how do you know he is a she ?

You are excused.

It was a guess (a tongue in cheek one granted.......with a 50% chance of being correct).

Do you know that "she" is a "he" ? :greengrin

woodyloon
28-01-2012, 07:55 PM
YAM Alert..........WTF? I've followed Hibs for over 30 yrs.

Just my personal opinion. I've seen us get relegated twice before and each time we were sunk as soon as we hit the bottom. We are moving into February and not the time to go bottom.

If Dunfermline beat Killie in their next game, which is before we play again, we will be 2 points adrift and IMHO I think we'll go down. I just don't think we can afford to hit the bottom.

I'm the same I've seen us relegated twice, and as much as I'm trying to stay positive every week is getting harder. IMO we have improved since PF has come in, but the worrying thing is we are not just conceding goals we are gifting goals, sometimes the opposition don't even have to break sweat to get there goals. You can cope giving away the odd soft goal, but week after week it doesn't just drain us the fans, it also puts more pressure on the team trying to score goals, and I think we do carry a serious threat going forward, but if we can't tighten up as a team, then I seriously have doubts about our survival.

The last time we went down we were not the worst team, and we even had a head start as we sat top of the league after something like the first 7 or 8 games, then we went into freefall, and if I rememeber right we had a habit of losing late goals, especially with things like goalies dropping easy crosses or shots etc. and it felt like we got punished for every mistake.

Famous5forever
28-01-2012, 07:56 PM

Dunfermline will go down have faith we have signed new players Pat needs a clean sheet of paper to start next season.:pfgwa

Ozyhibby
28-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Dunfermline will go down have faith we have signed new players Pat needs a clean sheet of paper to start next season.:pfgwa

He could do with a clean sheet on the pitch.

Famous5forever
28-01-2012, 08:08 PM
He could do with a clean sheet on the pitch.

We just need to see out this season and to give our new Manager time and a fresh start next season lets just get behind the team:flag:

Wotherspiniesta
28-01-2012, 10:53 PM

I guess that must be Pat Fenlon's fault then? :rolleyes:

PapillonVert
28-01-2012, 11:24 PM
I have been a supporter for more than 40 years and I agree with the OP.

Without a doubt, this is the worst team in living memory.

I do not envy Pat Fenlon his job. I give him my support but the guy has an almost impossible task. If Dunfermline show even 1 % improvement, then we will be going down.

Hibercelona
28-01-2012, 11:35 PM

Aye, cause thats exactly what he said.

It's amazing how a post saying one thing on here can be completely misinterpreted for something totally different. :rolleyes:

ShanksSaidNo
29-01-2012, 11:34 AM
You gotta have faith :agree:

That deserted me a long time ago.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I have been a supporter for more than 40 years and I agree with the OP.

Without a doubt, this is the worst team in living memory.

I do not envy Pat Fenlon his job. I give him my support but the guy has an almost impossible task. If Dunfermline show even 1 % improvement, then we will be going down.

That is assuming we dont improve at all. I agree we are poor, the poorest team i can remember too, hopefully Fenlon can improve us with these new signings. :worried:

midlothianhibby
29-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm a HE VoR so your guess at a 50\50 proved to be wrong, just like your assumption that I was a Yam because I've only had 20 posts. Does that mean you were a Yam until you made enough posts to turn you into a Hibby.

On a separate note the fact that Shiels, Brown & Stokes have scored the goals to put Killie & Celtic into the league cup final is just a further reminder of the quality we have given up.

You are excused.

It was a guess (a tongue in cheek one granted.......with a 50% chance of being correct).

Do you know that "she" is a "he" ? :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
29-01-2012, 03:55 PM

It's amazing how a post saying one thing on here can be completely misinterpreted for something totally different. :rolleyes:

Well, the quoted poster seems intent on dragging up his negative thread about Pat Fenlon every week we get beat, so I was just assuming it was another sly dig at him.

NAE NOOKIE
29-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Have to admit I for one am getting a bit worried now.

I thought that with the new guys in the team yesterday we might have managed to keep things tight at least, but instead we gift goals to a team with their best striker missing and our new hope at CH gets sent off. Though I have to say, by the sound of things yesterday we did make chances.

Like I have said before it will be who has the guts when it comes to post split and unfortunately going by last season it wont be us.

Havnt given up hope yet by any means, but it does look like it will be as much reliant on the Pars staying Kack as us getting better as to whether we stay up.

:confused:

fat freddy
29-01-2012, 04:24 PM
i saw a lot of bottle and fighting spirit at dunfermline a few weeks ago and i have no doubt that pat penlon has what it takes to get this squad to gel...we have a lot of new players and it takes time for everyone to aquaint themselves with each others attributes...once this is done we will improve...we're already better than dunfermline with the squad that fenlon inherited...we can only get better from here on in as the new players find their feet...i have no fears of relegation whatsoever.

Phil D. Rolls
29-01-2012, 05:04 PM

Personally, I like red pudding suppers.

chrisski33
29-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Ffs having only 20 posts to ur name doesnt make u a yam

:aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok: :aok:

hibs0666
29-01-2012, 05:41 PM

Even if we make a 1% improvement?

Bristolhibby
29-01-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm the same I've seen us relegated twice, and as much as I'm trying to stay positive every week is getting harder. IMO we have improved since PF has come in, but the worrying thing is we are not just conceding goals we are gifting goals, sometimes the opposition don't even have to break sweat to get there goals. You can cope giving away the odd soft goal, but week after week it doesn't just drain us the fans, it also puts more pressure on the team trying to score goals, and I think we do carry a serious threat going forward, but if we can't tighten up as a team, then I seriously have doubts about our survival.

The last time we went down we were not the worst team, and we even had a head start as we sat top of the league after something like the first 7 or 8 games, then we went into freefall, and if I rememeber right we had a habit of losing late goals, especially with things like goalies dropping easy crosses or shots etc. and it felt like we got punished for every mistake.

The other thing to remember that when we went down we had fire in our bellies. Eck was building for the promotion.

We romped that league with something daft like 101pts.

I wouldn't put money on us coming back up at this rate.

A lengthily spell in the first is a nightmare scenario. Just ask Dunfermline/Dundee.

We had Le God, Yogi, Latapy, Mixu.

All quality and/or battlers in their day.

If we go down Petrie has to get the cheque book out and go promotion or bust.

J

Hibernia Na Eir
29-01-2012, 06:00 PM
IF we stay up, what hope for season 2012/13 with RP still in charge? Its just a mess and its all his making.

Sylar
29-01-2012, 06:09 PM

:aok: :aok: :aok: ...

You had 20 posts to your name at one point - everyone on here did.

There's no correlation between number of posts and validity of viewpoint on here - a higher post count just suggests that the poster posts more pish than the rest.

<------ Evidence to the left :greengrin

surreyhibbie
29-01-2012, 06:15 PM
I agree that we will go down mainly because we as a squad have not shown the bottle to battle the way i feel Dunfrmilne will. We might play better Football than them but our defence is sooooooooo porous
you could drive a double decker bus through it. Rant over going for a lie down.

ADMINS - Have you not sussed this Yam fud yet ???

Jeesus....................

Aldo
29-01-2012, 06:33 PM
I personally think we will stay up... As long as PF can bring in who he wants. Don't care who it is as long as they keep us up.

We will be ok but there will defo be more than a few twitchy arse moments. Yeah there may be a time we hit the bottom but we have more than the Pars.

Mon RP get behind yir man

SanFranHibs
29-01-2012, 06:36 PM

It will be Pat Fenlon's 'fault'. He assumes the responsibility of management and it's not as if he took us over when we were adrift at the bottom of the table.

That said, I am trying to remain optimistic that he will produce enough improvement to retain our SPL status, although it is worrying that our defensive frailities have not been addressed. Prior to yesterday we had scored in 6 games, admittedly including lower division opposition.

Although our manager deserves time to mould his team I would be very disappointed if he could not produce improvement enough to avoid relegation. Of course Dunfermline will be looking at our defense as their best chance of survival. I think whichever of the two team can solidify enough to pick up a few hard earned draws will be the team that avoids the drop. May be too late for this season to concern ourselves with overly attractive football but we need to get the sleeves rolled up and start picking up a few points. It's not as if we are going to finish in the top six. Let's hope the players at least work hard to finish in the top 11.

:flag:

The Green Goblin
29-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Based on the way things are going at the moment, I also think we will be relegated. Sorry, but that's just how I see it. Dunfermline have blown 2 chances in their last 2 games to leave us for dead. Very lucky for us, but not what we want to be relying on.

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 12:01 AM
I think the small break from SPL will do us good. Dunfermline play on the 7th so if they won we would be going into Aberdeen game bottom and we will then see what we are made of, however Dunfermline could easily lose and we can get a real boost from that. I think key result is not letting Dunfermline get above us on 7th.

Both Aberdeen and Killie are playing ok so we both need to work hard to win.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2012, 12:17 AM
I think the small break from SPL will do us good. Dunfermline play on the 7th so if they won we would be going into Aberdeen game bottom and we will then see what we are made of, however Dunfermline could easily lose and we can get a real boost from that. I think key result is not letting Dunfermline get above us on 7th.

Both Aberdeen and Killie are playing ok so we both need to work hard to win.

Unfortunately it's not a case of "not letting" Dunfermline get above us on the 7th as there's absolutely nothing we can do to influence this result.

If Dunfermline win then we will go into our next league match bottom of the table, regardless of what we do.

silverhibee
30-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Personally, I like red pudding suppers.

From Gerry's. :cb

silverhibee
30-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Unfortunately it's not a case of "not letting" Dunfermline get above us on the 7th as there's absolutely nothing we can do to influence this result.

If Dunfermline win then we will go into our next league match bottom of the table, regardless of what we do.

Our game against Aberdeen is quite simply a must win game for us.

Mind you every game is a must win for us now.:greengrin

Steve20
30-01-2012, 05:14 AM
The last two days of the transfer window could give us some idea.

In my opinion, sign no one else and we're down. Sign a few decent players (centre half, midfielder and a winger) and we will have a good chance of staying up.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2012, 10:03 AM
The last two days of the transfer window could give us some idea.

In my opinion, sign no one else and we're down. Sign a few decent players (centre half, midfielder and a winger) and we will have a good chance of staying up.

Its posts like this i dont quite understand? Dunfermline are bottom, playing crap like us, and have brought 1 player in, Mark Kerr.

We have brought in 5-6 and the promise of more. How many more do you think we need to bring in to guarantee we finish above them?

Just how many teams bring in 7,8 or 9 new signing in January? And if dunfermline only sign 1 player, is that enough for them to improve so much they will suddenly get much better than we will with 6??

Steve20
30-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Its posts like this i dont quite understand? Dunfermline are bottom, playing crap like us, and have brought 1 player in, Mark Kerr.

We have brought in 5-6 and the promise of more. How many more do you think we need to bring in to guarantee we finish above them?

Just how many teams bring in 7,8 or 9 new signing in January? And if dunfermline only sign 1 player, is that enough for them to improve so much they will suddenly get much better than we will with 6??

Not asking you to understand it. Just giving my opinion.

If we sign no one else, then we will see in May who is right. I hope it's you.

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 10:12 AM

If we sign 10 players and they sign 1 still might not mean we stay up however the proof is up until now ourselves and Dunfermline have been as bas as each other they have got 1 player in to change things we have 4/5 so you would say based on that we have made more of an effort to change things so that would favour our chances. The only way that would hinder us if all the players we brought in were worse than what we have, I doubt that would be case and also doubt that it is possible to be worse than some of the guys already here.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Not asking you to understand it. Just giving my opinion.

If we sign no one else, then we will see in May who is right. I hope it's you.

I dont understand your opinion though, If we still need a few more players as you say, then it does not say much for those we have just signed?

As i said we are just above Dunfermline at the moment, and signed more players than them, unless we have signed complete duds, then surely we must have strengthened better than Dunfermline, who signed Mark Kerr, and this place would have gone into melt down if we'd signed him?

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 10:19 AM
If we need players Dunfermline must need players and I do not think 1 is enough, the only thing for them is no real adjusting to new players but they have been rank. We need 5 or 5 quality players I am not sure we have them but Dunfermline will need the same, Ithink the odds are in our favour unless PF has managed to find worse players than we had which would be almost impossible.