hibby67
28-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Anyone catch it? What was his chat?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/16777001.stm

The Voice Of Reason
28-01-2012, 06:21 PM

In his strong "oirish" accent he said :-

"What the **** have I let myself in for here.....these goons are the worst team I have ever managed. I even had to make McPake Captain today to make a point.

The players lack power, pace ability and leadership and I now think they would benefit from some hard work at Gullane Sand Dunes - the fancy state of the art Training Centre is as much use as a chocolate fire-guard and I am closing it down until the end of the season.

I really hope I get a nice juicy pay off like Calderwood did"

:agree:

hibsbollah
28-01-2012, 06:39 PM

He said 'down with this sort of thing'....'careful now'.

Spike Mandela
28-01-2012, 06:52 PM
hoping for a couple of players before window shuts, one a defender.

Gala Foxes
28-01-2012, 07:22 PM
hoping for a couple of players before window shuts, one a defender.

hopefully for a pleasant change we will get a defender that can actually defend

Hibees07
29-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Same Old, same old in that interview.

How many times is the 'defend better & work harder 'statement going to be made?.

Little change from what CC said and very little if any improvement since Pat took the reigns.

Once again the players we introduce make no impact, Francombe, Doyle, Soares & Mcpake.

Meanwhile the new boys at Aberdeen, St.Johnstone, Motherwell etc are instant hits.

Sad state of affairs indeed.

keep the faith
29-01-2012, 08:55 AM

How many times is the 'defend better & work harder 'statement going to be made?.

Little change from what CC said and very little if any improvement since Pat took the reigns.

Once again the players we introduce make no impact, Francombe, Doyle, Soares & Mcpake.

Meanwhile the new boys at Aberdeen, St.Johnstone, Motherwell etc are instant hits.

Because they are signing proven experienced players. The kind of signing you make on short loans when you are in a tight spot. In other words, what we should be doing. Signing promise is what you do in close season on longer deals.

Iain G
29-01-2012, 08:55 AM

What would you like him to say then?

He is just speaking the truth as he see's it and is probably trying to introduce some pride and work ethic into the workshy, heartless squad he inherited. Being publically over crititcal of his players would not have a positive effect on the already low morale he is trying to boost!

These new boys at Aberdeen, St Johnstone or Motherwell didn't debut against Rangers at Ibrox now did they...love to see what "instant impact" they would have made...

Expecting Rain
29-01-2012, 09:43 AM

He is just speaking the truth as he see's it and is probably trying to introduce some pride and work ethic into the workshy, heartless squad he inherited. Being publically over crititcal of his players would not have a positive effect on the already low morale he is trying to boost!

These new boys at Aberdeen, St Johnstone or Motherwell didn't debut against Rangers at Ibrox now did they...love to see what "instant impact" they would have made...

Agree with some of this but this is a Rangers side that couldn`t beat Aberdeen and should have lost to Inverness, they only had one forward available and still managed to score 4, hit the post and create other chances. A lot of our players including the new ones were invisible yesterday, especially in midfield and at the back, surprisingly Sproule was our best player just for sheer involvement, if he had the brains to go with his endeavour and pace he could have helped himself to a hat-trick and a few assists, still he wouldn`t be at Hibs if he did, any decent side would have taken goals of a weakened Rangers team made to look like world beaters due to our own incompetence. I`m not blaming PF but he is not blameless, we should be looking at the contribution of Billy Brown.

carnoustiehibee
29-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Insanity- doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

magpie1892
29-01-2012, 09:50 AM

I've got the interview he gave in the press room on mp3. PM me your email addy and I'll send you it.

Matty_Jack04
29-01-2012, 09:52 AM

I suppose itl stop being made when the players actually defend better and work harder?

you cant expect a new manager to get any more out of a group of players a previous manager (who signed them) couldnt, pat is doing what he can i think mcpake and soares are quality signings (as far as we can afford) doyle looks promising IMO good movement without the ball if we could get the ball to him he'l score goals just unfortunate the service is so bad francombe would have to go some to be any worse than our current right back.

the differnce between our players settling in fast and the others you mentioned (apart from debut at ibrox) is there all teams on form playing with confidence we are far from that, the fact its impossible to have a settled team wont help either but still i dont blame pat for that players arent doing the job and/or are getting suspended.

I do beleive Pat fenlon is the man to get us going again the unfortunate thing is that we have to pin our hopes of survival on a lot of the current players who we all know arent good enough and im sure come the summer we'll begin to see Pats contacts knowledge and plan begin to take shape.

bingo70
29-01-2012, 10:01 AM
I've seen an improvement in performances since fenlon has come in, results need to improve but I still think that'll come once we get better players in and are capable of clean sheets, right now we're having to score 3 or 4 goals to win a game and when your missing the likes of GoC and griffiths from an already poor squad that just isn't going to happen

Hibees07
29-01-2012, 10:45 AM

What I don't want to hear is 'Work Harder', after 3 month's in the job why is he still having to say work harder, all the players can do is give 100% so if they are not why not?. It's either 100% or you ain't playing & get someone in the team who will give 100%.

'Defend Better'. What is being done about it, have you changed formation, style of play etc, why are we still shipping goals like we are, probably even worse than when CC was here.

Whilst I realise it is on a different level, I coach an U16's youth team and if we were losing 2,3 or 4 goals a game you can be pretty sure I would have been shifting players, changing formations, extra training & pretty much anything else I could do to address the problem. All that's happening at Easter Road is a rotation of the same players playing the same formation week in week out.

I'm sick of hearing the excuse that everyone on here makes 'Crap players left by previous managers'. All these crap players have played at a decent level, many have played at international level (u21's etc).

IFONLY
29-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Agree with some of this but this is a Rangers side that couldn`t beat Aberdeen and should have lost to Inverness, they only had one forward available and still managed to score 4, hit the post and create other chances. A lot of our players including the new ones were invisible yesterday, especially in midfield and at the back, surprisingly Sproule was our best player just for sheer involvement, if he had the brains to go with his endeavour and pace he could have helped himself to a hat-trick and a few assists, still he wouldn`t be at Hibs if he did, any decent side would have taken goals of a weakened Rangers team made to look like world beaters due to our own incompetence. I`m not blaming PF but he is not blameless, we should be looking at the contribution of Billy Brown.

Neither can we

heretoday
29-01-2012, 11:02 AM
He said we have to defend better. I agree.