PDA

View Full Version : Today's Result Tells us Nothing

Paisley Hibby
28-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I've been going to games since the 1960s. I've seen even the great Hibs teams like the Turnbull's Tornadoes lose heavily to the Old Firm in Glasgow. Sure it's horrible to lose 4-0 to Rangers but this is nothing new and not, in itself, a reason to panic. It's the games coming up against Killle and Aberdeen that will really tell us where we stand.

BoltonHibee
28-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Tells us we are still soft touches. Ah well still a couple of days of the window to go.
4 nil to the worst Huns team in the memory of man

HFC 0-7
28-01-2012, 06:00 PM
I never really look at the games against the old firm as being a guide to how we are playing. I have seen honking teams go to ibrox and win (calderwoods) and then good teams go when we are expected to make a good challenge and we get pumped. IMO, this game/result didnt tell us anything, it just confirmed that the defence is what is letting us down. A good defence could breed confidence through the team and let the midfield do more going forward instead of worrying about the shambles behind them.

Saorsa
28-01-2012, 06:01 PM
yer right, but the results of the last 2 1/2 season tell us plenty, we dinnae need tae wait 'til next week tae find out we're in the *****.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm not looking at the scoreline and basing that on where we're likely to finish up in May, you're absolutely right that even good Hibs teams have the potential to lose heavily in Glasgow. However when we're making basic and amateurish defensive mistakes like we did today at the second goal then we're going to be in deep trouble, regardless of whether we're making those mistakes at Ibrox or Peterhead.