PDA

View Full Version : Should the board remain in control at Hibs?

Diclonius
28-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Yes/no answer, no middle ground.

King Paddy
28-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Yes/no answer, no middle ground.

As their is no other alternative at present then obviously yes. If you asked the question
should Petrie/Farmer find a buyer and wave a magic wand, and hey presto we get a billionaire
yes please.

Gala Foxes
28-01-2012, 08:30 PM
The Board are in control and the Club is out of control

smurf
28-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Is it that difficult to give an answer to this?!?

AlbertK86
28-01-2012, 10:10 PM
The board should have built on the 2007 cup win but were smug as sold off our assets, failed to invest properly and they have let our club take an almighty fall from grace.

Any other firm/company would not accept such mismanagement .... Other than Edin Council who stumble from one ridiculous scandal to the next

IWasThere2016
28-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Yes :faf:

MrSmith
28-01-2012, 10:31 PM
They know not of what they are supposed to know! Football - Get them out!

HKhibby
29-01-2012, 12:27 AM
The board should remain in control of Hibs, but if Farmer was offered a buy out it should be considered!
only concern would be if it was someone like Romanov or somone else from Eastern Europe or Russia!, that i my opinion woudlnt be in Hibs best interest!

Jim44
29-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Should the board remain in control at Hibs?

This implies that they are actually in control at present. If so God help us.

Hibercelona
29-01-2012, 12:42 AM

My sentiments exactly.

Sumner
29-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Should have been gone LONG ago.

ekhibee
29-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Totally agree.

Hibbyradge
29-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I think that responsibility for the running of Hibs should be given to the fans.

More specifically, the fans who post on hibs.net as long as they had never sat an accountancy exam.

Can you imagine? :greengrin

Don Giovanni
29-01-2012, 06:45 PM
The current board have been in place for a while now and have presided over our sad decline. I don't feel there is a clear strategy coming from the top but if there is one the board are failing to deliver it. At the very least they should all be under review.

Unfortunately, our owner has no appetite for board room change and the current boys club appear to be enjoying unconditional tenure. Their failure would not be tolerated in other businesses and it is not good enough for Hibs in my opinion.

A shake up is definitely required.

drumatic44
29-01-2012, 07:15 PM
I have to say guys that the board should stay, been a supporter since way back and although things are seriously grim , consider this.
Are we saying that their choices of manager were wrong ,I think that most of us would have agreed with the appointements at the time.
a) Mowbray, we all went who ?? no doubt, maybe they got lucky here, all the young guns in place (by Williamson ,let's not forget). But great football at times, but still problems in goal and central defence.
b) Collins, no one would argue at the time , won a cup albeit with Mowbray's team. Major black mark against the board for not backing Collins here and allowing that player's revolt, should've been nipped in the bud early doors. Some terrible signings though.
c) Mixu, natural replacement we all agreed, possibly the job came too early for him ??
d) Yogi, again obvious choice, played some great stuff for the first 3/4 months then Stokes got sold (get out clause in his contract??), his replacment (Duffy) injured on the first day, never really kicked a ball for us. Then the downward spiral began.
e) You could see where they were going with Calderwood appointment, (Mowbray mark 2 ??), but they should have read the runes when he didn't move his family up and the faffing about re. an assistant.
But of course the decision to hang on with him in the summer when he was obviously not prepared to commit was a disaster. B.T.W. Is football the only business where a guy gets the sack for incompitence, gets a contract pay/off and walks straight into another job, probably paying more !!!
So all things considered I would rate them 10/10 for off-field decisions (stadium development, East Mains etc.)
But, 7/10 for management decisions (appointments, backing etc.), So, for me they should stay.
Let's get behind Pat Fenlon, let's face it he needs all the help he can get getting this lot out of the mire.
Allez les Verts. !!!

lyonhibs
29-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd love someone to give us a viable and available alternative.

Yes :agree:

Beefster
29-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I think that responsibility for the running of Hibs should be given to the fans.

More specifically, the fans who post on hibs.net as long as they had never sat an accountancy exam.

I bagsy Chairman.

Edit: Scrub that. I've got Higher Accounting. All my dreams shattered in the space of 3 minutes.

scoopyboy
29-01-2012, 07:43 PM
They know not of what they are supposed to know! Football - Get them out!

Now for the hard bit..................how the f*** do you do it?

scoopyboy
29-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I bagsy Chairman.

Edit: Scrub that. I've got Higher Accounting. All my dreams shattered in the space of 3 minutes.

Can I be Public Relations Director boss?

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2012, 07:50 PM
After the way the AGM panned out, what the fans think, does not matter one iota.

Leith Green
29-01-2012, 08:11 PM
No...
They are incapable of getting things right on the park, the downward spiral just continues & will do with that lot running the club.

Phil D. Rolls
29-01-2012, 08:26 PM

At times of moral dilemma like this, I usually find I can do worse than to ask - "what would George Foulkes do"?

(Perhaps someone has a picture).

Kaiser1962
29-01-2012, 08:51 PM
After the way the AGM panned out, what the fans think, does not matter one iota.

Which is why the club still have AGM's, because the fans dont matter.

jdships
29-01-2012, 09:02 PM
OK !
Where is the new board coming from ?
Be careful what you wish for !!!:greengrin
You might get a bunch of so called football experts :wink:

MrSmith
29-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Now for the hard bit..................how the f*** do you do it?

Dunno Scoopy!? The Hibs board are hardly democratic so, 'how?' is the apt question!

PatHead
29-01-2012, 09:27 PM
OK !
Where is the new board coming from ?
Be careful what you wish for !!!:greengrin
You might get a bunch of so called football experts :wink:

Not sure where the board would come from but wish for a more balanced board with less accountants, a fans representative, a real PR man and a successful ex footballer or manager with contacts throughout the game such as Pat Nevin . Would there be anything wrong with that?

Hermit Crab
29-01-2012, 09:27 PM
No it's time for fresh bodies at the helm with fresh ideas in the best interests of the club.

MrSmith
29-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Was looking for Dougie Cromb when I found this:

http://thehiblog.wordpress.com/tag/manager/

Frightening but the essence reverberates loudly!

Holmesdale Hibs
29-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Yes, until we find a better option.

The board have had a bad courple of years but I wouldn't sack them without a solid, thoroughly researched back up plan.

IF someone presented a good alternative I'd be up for it. Anyone know someone that wants to invest in the SPL?

erskine-hibby
29-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Lets be honest...we don't have a board, we have Petrie.
Have said for years that he will/has been dragging the club down( as far as the playing side is concerned).
So as far as I'm concerned there needs only be one person who should go.
How many managers have we had in recent years?
How many 3rd class players have we brought in??
How many 1st class players have we let go???

What is the one constant in this?????

IWasThere2016
30-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Have said for years that he will/has been dragging the club down( as far as the playing side is concerned).

Correct. He also appointed most if not all of the Board. Should be ta-ta to RP defo and perhaps others too.

Ray_
30-01-2012, 07:56 AM

It took Hibs 105 years around to get relegated twice, under his watch, from a position of strength, we are in danger of it happening twice in 14 years, no more needs to be said.

Hibby 2005
30-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Petrie's real problem is that he doesn't admit mistakes and he's made lots of them. Mainly in his managerial appointments.

He's good at selling players but won't provide decent funds to replace them.

We do have a great ground and training centre and some day we'll fill that ground but probably not while the current regime is here.

MrSmith
30-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Petrie's real problem is that he doesn't admit mistakes and he's made lots of them. Mainly in his managerial appointments.

He's good at selling players but won't provide decent funds to replace them.

We do have a great ground and training centre and some day we'll fill that ground but probably not while the current INCUMBENT is here delivering the 'unworkable legacy'.

fixed it for ya!

Just my opinion likes, jist sayin.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2012, 09:55 AM
No.

I wouldn't have said that even a couple of months ago.

However things have become stagnant. We need new ideas and a fresh approach, not just a reworking of the same policies which have failed consistently in the last few years.

steakbake
30-01-2012, 09:57 AM
IF we go down, they must step aside.

IF we stay up, I think at the very least, it would be time for a re-evaluation and some of the heads should roll.

Either way, the position we are in is due to a failing of leadership at the club. If the walls at ER could speak...

Liberal Hibby
30-01-2012, 10:00 AM
It took Hibs 105 years around to get relegated twice, under his watch, from a position of strength, we are in danger of it happening twice in 14 years, no more needs to be said.

Obviously if you exclude the 1930s.

Ray_
30-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Obviously if you exclude the 1930s.

Why is that? Hibs were founded in 1875 & as far as I'm aware they were relegated for the first time at the end of season 1930/31 & the next relegation was in 1980.

RP was on board during the third relegation, which was 14 years ago.

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Some of the decisions over past 18mths should have seen folk walk, the total disaster in summer that cost the club money was beyond really most errors even managers have made.

If we had knocked back 300k for a player not doing that well but manager said was going to come good, then let him go free or for a lot less a few months later Petrie would have hung that manager.

Liberal Hibby
30-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Why is that? Hibs were founded in 1875 & as far as I'm aware they were relegated for the first time at the end of season 1930/31 & the next relegation was in 1980.

RP was on board during the third relegation, which was 14 years ago.

I understand your point now - although we aren't actually down yet.

Ray_
30-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I understand your point now - although we aren't actually down yet. Clearly we aren't down, but what I wrote was that we were in danger of going down.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Remarkable that the yes vote is creeping up on the no

Sorry I just don't get it, are you yams in disguise? :rolleyes:

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Relegation or not this board were in charge last term for a 10th place and being 24pts off fourth, finishing fourth is a target we should be looking at hitting yet they can manage to go onto today that at this juncture has us 11th 17pts off 4th, Motherwell have taken the advantage of a worse Hearts side to move 3rd something we should have been looking to be doing.

A shambolic state of affairs at ER.

sesoim
30-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Unless we win the Scottish Cup this season, I don't see how the board can have the brass neck to stay around. Finishing 10th and then (probably) 11th this season is abysmal. Throw in falling attendances, early cup exits, lost tv and advertising revenue, angry fans, a succession of bad managerial appointments who had to be sacked, and a whole lot else.

Plus, our operating costs are higher than some SPL teams' gross turnover. I can see that we have spent more on wages with the amount of players we have signed (and paid off), but why are our operating costs so high compared to so many other SPL teams? How can we justify spending more on non-football activities than ICT spend on EVERYTHING? And yet they are pulling away from us.

At the end of the day, though, if they had appointed decent managers, we wouldn't be in this mess, and the board wouldn't be getting stick.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Unless we win the Scottish Cup this season, I don't see how the board can have the brass neck to stay around. Finishing 10th and then (probably) 11th this season is abysmal. Throw in falling attendances, early cup exits, lost tv and advertising revenue, angry fans, a succession of bad managerial appointments who had to be sacked, and a whole lot else.

Plus, our operating costs are higher than some SPL teams' gross turnover. I can see that we have spent more on wages with the amount of players we have signed (and paid off), but why are our operating costs so high compared to so many other SPL teams? How can we justify spending more on non-football activities than ICT spend on EVERYTHING? And yet they are pulling away from us.

At the end of the day, though, if they had appointed decent managers, we wouldn't be in this mess, and the board wouldn't be getting stick.

Gaun yersel son!

:thumbsup:

7Hero
30-01-2012, 06:30 PM
certainly not, not even debatable, shame we are stuck with the owner and mr 10 percent aswell. It will be run as badly for many years to come..