PDA

View Full Version : Until the end of the season.....

hermiehibee
28-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Does anyone think we should slash entry prices far cat B games to get more people through the gates for the rest of the season?

£22 to watch a poor team at the moment is putting people off going with attendances of approx 9-10,000.

Why not cut the price to £10 for adults, £5 for other categories, this would hopefully get about 15,000 into the stadium, better atmosphere (hopefully), Players respond and the football club climb away to safety.

The moneymen at Hibs also make the loss of income through the gates via merchandise, food, etc and more Half Time draw tickets bought gives more money to youth football at the club.

I am aware that some season ticket holders may object as they have paid up front for full price admission. I am an ST holder but would not mind something like this to keep this wonderful football club in the top league and allow PF to bring in his own team for next year and see us challenge for europe again.

GGTTH

Hiber-nation
28-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Does anyone think we should slash entry prices far cat B games to get more people through the gates for the rest of the season?

£22 to watch a poor team at the moment is putting people off going with attendances of approx 9-10,000.

Why not cut the price to £10 for adults, £5 for other categories, this would hopefully get about 15,000 into the stadium, better atmosphere (hopefully), Players respond and the football club climb away to safety.

The moneymen at Hibs also make the loss of income through the gates via merchandise, food, etc and more Half Time draw tickets bought gives more money to youth football at the club.

I am aware that some season ticket holders may object as they have paid up front for full price admission. I am an ST holder but would not mind something like this to keep this wonderful football club in the top league and allow PF to bring in his own team for next year and see us challenge for europe again.

GGTTH

Problem is I don't think that getting more fans in would make the likes of O'Hanlon, Stephens and Hanlon able to actually defend.

soupy
28-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Cut the prices to £10 sounds better than £22 but its still £10 too much!!!!

Saorsa
28-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Very shortly they'll be able tae leave the gates open and folk would walk past.

Jim44
28-01-2012, 05:33 PM

GGTTH

In a word, no. It's not the money that's keeping people away it's the product. People won't pay to watch rubbish just because it's cheaper.

hermiehibee
28-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I agree that a lot off people are put off with the product on the pitch but we are not going to improve vastly over the next few days and it is going to be a dogfight with dunfermline to see who stays up.

Hopefully the board will pull out all the stops to keep Hibs up or next season if we go down it will be playing in front of 5,000 with debts increasing.

greenlex
28-01-2012, 05:46 PM
It would only encourage cheapskate moaners to berate the players easier. :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2012, 05:48 PM
In a word, no. It's not the money that's keeping people away it's the product. People won't pay to watch rubbish just because it's cheaper.

No, but they'd be more inclined to go along and support the team at a critical stage of the season.

The prices ARE keeping people away. Not just from ER but from stadiums across the country. There's been countless threads on here complaining about the prices.

Emerald
28-01-2012, 05:50 PM
If I didn't have a season ticket, they would have to pay ME to go. I used to look forward to the weekends and going to games but in the last couple of season I can count on one finger the amount of games I have enjoyed. I'd even be hard pressed if asked to name it though!:greengrin

Sammy7nil
28-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I would say 100% yes reduce prices.

However if I was a ST holder I would be 100% unhappy and say what is in it for the committed fans?

If walk up prices are slashed I think many ST holders who are already swithering over renewing next year would say not fo me thanks.

SMAXXA
28-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Very shortly they'll be able tae leave the gates open and folk would walk past.

:faf:

Only one I would expect to see shortly is the old bloke in the kilt outside the easy with his dug!

I think a cut in prices to a tenner would certainly help Yes. Would need to do a gesture for STH's tho but it wont happen, its Hibs we are talking about.

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2012, 05:59 PM
I would say 100% yes reduce prices.

However if I was a ST holder I would be 100% unhappy and say what is in it for the committed fans?

If walk up prices are slashed I think many ST holders who are already swithering over renewing next year would say not fo me thanks.

Fair point but at the moment some season ticket holders aren't even bothering to turn up on match days. If we're going to help our team get out of this we need ER as full as possible and as noisy as possible.

I'd happily forgive the club for reducing walk up prices if it meant the place was busier and more intimidating for opposing teams.

I'm sure the massive turnout at East End Park must have had some effect on the players.

marinello59
28-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Reducing prices will not significantly increase crowds, better football will.
I love how football fans reckon the answer is for the club to spend much more while they spend much less. :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I love how football fans reckon the answer is for the club to spend much more while they spend much less. :greengrin

So you feel that £22 is value for money for a cat B match at the present time?

Cabbage1875
28-01-2012, 06:08 PM
As a Season Ticket holder I'm afraid I wouldn't be overly pleased about such a venture. Unless they decided to reimburse me which I would be delighted about.

marinello59
28-01-2012, 06:09 PM
So you feel that £22 is value for money for a cat B match?

Did I say that?

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2012, 06:10 PM
As a Season Ticket holder I'm afraid I wouldn't be overly pleased about such a venture. Unless they decided to reimburse me which I would be delighted about.

In that case my friend sit and watch as the stadium becomes emptier and emptier. Still, the pie queues will be quieter :cb

GreenCastle
28-01-2012, 06:10 PM
They should pay us to watch or even better play :greengrin

I am sure there are better CH in the stands than O'Hanlon.

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Did I say that?

The thread is about reducing pricing for the remainder of the season. To help increase attendances and help the team.

You said you love how football fans reckon the answer is for the club to spend much more while they spend much less which is kind of mocking the suggestion of price reduction. Which in turn, would suggest you feel that £22 is an adequate price for cat B matches :confused:

So yes, in a round-about way, you did say that :na na:

Emerald
28-01-2012, 06:19 PM

As as season ticket holder I couldnt care a jot what they did with the prices to the end of the season. My money has gone and I'm sitting in a half empty atmosphereless (if thats a word) stadium every week watching utter crap. When I passed the new stalls in the East selling walk up tickets last week I couldnt help thinking these punters that are buying tickets need a medal. I purchased mine in the summer with hope for the new season. How wrong AGAIN was I? But here are people willing to stump up £22 even though they know how bad things are.

I'd gladly let people in for £5 to generate some atmosphere and cheer the team on. Maybe, just maybe, season ticket holders would enjoy the better atmosphere enough to convince them to purchase another next season.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2012, 06:19 PM
If Hibs were to make it £10 for everyone to attend every home game for the rest of the season, I still don't think we would attract much more than around 10,000 people at the moment because people just aren't interested in watching dross for 90 minutes.

Seriously, Hibs would struggle to give away tickets for games just now.

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2012, 06:29 PM
As a ST holder I'll willingly sell someone my ticket every week for a tenner :greengrin

marinello59
28-01-2012, 06:35 PM
The thread is about reducing pricing for the remainder of the season. To help increase attendances and help the team.

You said you love how football fans reckon the answer is for the club to spend much more while they spend much less which is kind of mocking the suggestion of price reduction. Which in turn, would suggest you feel that £22 is an adequate price for cat B matches :confused:

So yes, in a round-about way, you did say that :na na:

No I didn't, not even in a round about way. Reducing ticket prices will not seriously increase capacity. It's all about performances.

SquashedFrogg
28-01-2012, 06:39 PM
As a ST holder I'll willingly sell someone my ticket every week for a tenner :greengrin

:crazy:

You'll never get a tenner :greengrin

madabouthibs
28-01-2012, 07:17 PM
It's a damn fine idea, and it would make a difference to the amount of games I'd attend, but we all know it won't happen. Even filling another 1000 seats would be extra revenue, if not atmosphere.

IberianHibernian
28-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Put on subsidised buses ( run by club and supporters clubs ) for away games like Motherwell midweek match and for home matches sell tickets at a tenner or less in South Stand ( have to be same for away fans I suppose ) and/or free ticket for someone accompanying season ticket holder . Even giving a couple of thousand tickets to school groups to fill up South Stand and front rows of other stands would improve atmosphere and hopefully help team .

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2012, 08:47 PM

GGTTH

Yes devalue the season ticket even further, splendid idea:rolleyes:

hermiehibee
28-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I understand some season ticket holders would be against cuts in prices for the remainder of the season but I can honestly say I cannot remember a season where the atmosphere has been so bad and attendances so low in the last 10 years. This month will be the last payment on the payment plan and we have had 3 cup games for nothing.

PF is working with a team left by, I think, the worst manager we have ever had and I think anything to help the team win and boost confidence would be a good thing.

I think whatever happens this season, ST's will be lower next season than this season and I would have to think seriously about spending £400 next season when you will easily be able to pick and choose next year.

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I agree, charge a fiver even let folk in for nowt for me. We need to forget about what we have paid, and get as many folk in backing the team as humanly possible. Signed a season ticket holder.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Sure, let everyone in for a tenner, no probs. But, keep a haud o the tenner, and when I come rolling up with ma season book, you hand over the tenner to me, then we are all square.

Broken Gnome
28-01-2012, 09:40 PM
This is already the most devalued season ticket imaginable. Can't see how we could find even more cause for complaint if a few more were encouraged along, would probably make attending games a bit more enjoyable.

Pedantic_Hibee
28-01-2012, 09:42 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread.

Therefore I'll just post a picture of Natalia Domestico and be done with it. Cheers.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUIxbL9kpTIBdmqylVRjT2gA1GpkFRI dOA0SSqdZOrsgbmAAWeXRJaDprw

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 12:38 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread.

Therefore I'll just post a picture of Natalia Domestico and be done with it. Cheers.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUIxbL9kpTIBdmqylVRjT2gA1GpkFRI dOA0SSqdZOrsgbmAAWeXRJaDprw

She'd get crowds flooding back if we signed her. :drool:

HibbyKeith
29-01-2012, 01:21 PM
While reducing the cost of a cat B game is appealing to the support it wont be to the board, yeah we might get a bigger crowd through the gates but it wont be more than double what we have currently.

its a huge no no from the boards perspective,for arguments sake say there are 5k season ticket holders and hibs have a average gate for cat B games of 9000 thats 4k of walk up pay at the gate punters..

4k x £22= £88,000

compare that to a increase of (again for argument sake) extra 4k on the orignial walk up punters because of the reduction to gate prices...

8k x £10= £80,000

a loss of £8,000 and thats saying we double the punters, IMO we wont get gates anywhere near double what we have currently as the product is utter tripe.

thats potentially a loss of 2 players on £2000 per week based on 2 home matches per month.

IMO they will continue as they are with the hope that the players dig themself out the hole they find themselves in, **** for PATG Punters but a no brainer for the board cash.

marinello59
29-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Fair point but at the moment some season ticket holders aren't even bothering to turn up on match days. If we're going to help our team get out of this we need ER as full as possible and as noisy as possible.

I'd happily forgive the club for reducing walk up prices if it meant the place was busier and more intimidating for opposing teams.

I'm sure the massive turnout at East End Park must have had some effect on the players.

So people who have already paid for matches are not bothering going yet you argue that reducing prices will make a significant difference to attendances. You have defeated your own argument there surely?

sesoim
29-01-2012, 03:32 PM

It usually IS the money that keeps me from going regularly (after all £22 upwards is expensive for most people, and poor value compared to most foreign countries). But now the actual team is keeping me away as well. Do I want to pay £22 to end up violently angry and frustrated? No.

sesoim
29-01-2012, 03:44 PM
While reducing the cost of a cat B game is appealing to the support it wont be to the board, yeah we might get a bigger crowd through the gates but it wont be more than double what we have currently.

its a huge no no from the boards perspective,for arguments sake say there are 5k season ticket holders and hibs have a average gate for cat B games of 9000 thats 4k of walk up pay at the gate punters..

4k x £22= £88,000

compare that to a increase of (again for argument sake) extra 4k on the orignial walk up punters because of the reduction to gate prices...

8k x £10= £80,000

a loss of £8,000 and thats saying we double the punters, IMO we wont get gates anywhere near double what we have currently as the product is utter tripe.

thats potentially a loss of 2 players on £2000 per week based on 2 home matches per month.

IMO they will continue as they are with the hope that the players dig themself out the hole they find themselves in, **** for PATG Punters but a no brainer for the board cash.

If we were completely debt free, there would be an argument for halfing the season tickets in future in the hope that we'd make the money up by getting bigger crowds, and subsequently the team would play better, we'd get further in the cups, get into Europe regularly, get better sponsorship deals and so on. But our debt is probably growing and growing now so there is no way the board will take any risks like that. But Hibs, like EVERY other SPL team, need to realise that the prices they are charging are ridiculous, and they'll never get decent crowds again unless they gradually cut them, as well as improving the product.

Bostonhibby
29-01-2012, 03:50 PM

GGTTH

Great idea, get some additional noise going maybe, more importantly might be a way to start making a few stay aways or unhappy fans generally start to feel a bit better towards the club and maybe get a few more behind the team? , a bit of a gesture from the board to the fans, cannae see it though - will need an exact figure of extra number so that the new price can be set, there's the balance sheet to consider.

Maybe if everyone extra pledged to buy at least one full price pie Petrie will relent.:wink:

midlothianhibby
29-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and wouldn't object in the slightest. We need as much help as possible.

The board have also been banging on about us filling the stadium and seeing as they haven't got the product right on the park they should think about price reduction instead.

What do we know though? We're just the ones that have followed them home and away for years but we are told nothing of our clubs thinking or plans. We are supposed to be stronger together and part of the Hibernian family, which really means pay your money, buy our merchandise and ask no questions.

greenlex
29-01-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and wouldn't object in the slightest. We need as much help as possible.

The board have also been banging on about us filling the stadium and seeing as they haven't got the product right on the park they should think about price reduction instead.

What do we know though? We're just the ones that have followed them home and away for years but we are told nothing of our clubs thinking or plans. We are supposed to be stronger together and part of the Hibernian family, which really means pay your money, buy our merchandise and ask no questions.

First three posts here

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?108416-Question-amp-Answer-Session-With-Hibs

Hibby70
29-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and wouldnt object to a reduction in walk up prices for the rest of the season.

I wouldnt buy a season ticket next season though (unsure anyway but slashing ticket prices would make my mind up)

TornadoHibby
29-01-2012, 06:31 PM

:top marks