PDA

View Full Version : Booth Left Out?

Hibby 2005
28-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm sure there will be some that think Pat knew what he was doing today by leaving him out of the team but I certainly didn't understand it.

Hiber-nation
28-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm sure there will be some that think Pat knew what he was doing today by leaving him out of the team but I certainly didn't understand it.

He got ripped to shreds last week and had a better player against him this week so I can't argue with leaving him out although the decision to play O'Hanlon is another story.

soupy
28-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Surely he must be injured???? Or at least a bloody good reason!!!!

Hibby 2005
28-01-2012, 04:25 PM
He got ripped to shreds last week and had a better player against him this week so I can't argue with leaving him out although the decision to play O'Hanlon is another story.

He also scored a goal when played in his proper position.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 04:30 PM

He should have been pushed up to left mid today IMO.

To drop him was a mistake, he showed enough last week when moved up the pitch to merit a start.

greenlex
28-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Hanlon is a better option at left back IMO.

carnoustiehibee
28-01-2012, 04:33 PM

hanlon shouldnt be anywhere near a football pitch,

AlbertK86
28-01-2012, 04:35 PM

Hanlon was an effin joke again for the last goal. Just stood and watched the giant that is Steve Davis knock the ball past him without even a hint of a challenge.

Honestly cannae believe how many times players take one touch past him with so much ease

As for the original topic. Booth is just as bad at left back but could be superb in left mid

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Hanlon was an effin joke again for the last goal. Just stood and watched the giant that is Steve Davis knock the ball past him without even a hint of a challenge.

Honestly cannae believe how many times players take one touch past him with so much ease

As for the original topic. Booth is just as bad at left back but could be superb in left mid

:agree:

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2012, 04:48 PM

Yet he's captain of the current U21 Scotland team which is doing pretty well :hmmm:

IMO you're talking pish

lucky
28-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Booth was awful last week as were the rest of the defence. So making changes were a cert. But did we improve ? NO

stanton10
28-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Yet he's captain of the current U21 Scotland team which is doing pretty well :hmmm:

IMO you're talking pish

That, does not make him even decent god he has played in every partnership that the current manager and past managers have tried but he have still got the worst goals against ratio for the past 12 month, not good enough.

.Sean.
28-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Surely he must be injured???? Or at least a bloody good reason!!!!

Nope. He was match fit.

carnoustiehibee
28-01-2012, 06:36 PM

IMO you're talking pish

i could name you alot of players that were in the u21s and havent had future in football, hanlon will go no further upwards than hibs and will end up a taxi driver.

i wouldnt be surprised if your a hibs scout or david blunkett

Zondervan
29-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Drop Ivan Sproule and play Booth as attacking left midfielder. Don't understand why this tactical change was not made weeks ago.

dirtydirk
29-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Sproule had been shocking all season. All he ever had was pace and even thats gone. Half the reason booth has looked bad is because sproule doesn't cover him when booth overlaps and therefore if we lose the ball we are exposed on the left. Defending starts from the front and sproule doesn't even attempt that

sesoim
29-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Drop Ivan Sproule and play Booth as attacking left midfielder. Don't understand why this tactical change was not made weeks ago.

Booth is, by miles, the best option we have for the left wing, yet we play folk like Galbraith, Sproule, Stevenson and a few other out there and they all hopeless in that position. If Fenlon can't see that Booth is our best player when played in his correct position, then I worry for out future.

sesoim
29-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Sproule had been shocking all season. All he ever had was pace and even thats gone. Half the reason booth has looked bad is because sproule doesn't cover him when booth overlaps and therefore if we lose the ball we are exposed on the left. Defending starts from the front and sproule doesn't even attempt that

Sproule is a great option as a SUB, but for some reason we keep on starting with him and he consistently has no impact.

Steven_Hibs
29-01-2012, 06:50 PM

:top marks

Steven_Hibs
29-01-2012, 06:51 PM

IMO you're talking pish

:spammy:

Billy Whizz
29-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Booth is, by miles, the best option we have for the left wing, yet we play folk like Galbraith, Sproule, Stevenson and a few other out there and they all hopeless in that position. If Fenlon can't see that Booth is our best player when played in his correct position, then I worry for out future.

Fenlon sees him everyday in training, we don't

Scouse Hibee
29-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Sproule used to be a great option as a SUB, but he is now crap and hasn't done a thing since his return, we keep on starting with him and he consistently has no impact.

Winston Ingram
29-01-2012, 09:03 PM

He was horrendous last week other than his goal. He was nailed on to be dropped:agree:

Hermit Crab
30-01-2012, 08:42 AM

Yes drop sproule indefinitely he's contributed nothing over the past few months. He's pish IMO. Can't understand why some of the support really worship him :confused:

hibs0666
30-01-2012, 08:49 AM

Cos he was poo against St. Johnstone?

Hermit Crab
30-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Sproule is a great option as a SUB, but for some reason we keep on starting with him and he consistently has no impact.

:agree: 100%