PDA

View Full Version : Have we made any progress under Fenlon ?

East Coast Hibe
28-01-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't think so. Today's result is poor and I think we have brought in 2nd rate players in this window so far.

Beefster
28-01-2012, 05:15 PM
You're going to get it tight...

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2012, 05:16 PM

:faf:

East Coast Hibe
I'm not having a go. I am asking an open question.

Are we any better off since he came in ?

Aldo

Got it in one Beefster. Just deleted a but if a rant but can't be bothered

hibernianyank
28-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Don't think any manager would get a winning team out of that p!sh that's on the park every week. Can't blame Fenlon blame clueless Calderwood for the mess he left us in

Hiber-nation

No. Bring back Calderwood. Happy now?

dmc1875
I don't think so. Today's result is poor and I think we have brought in 2nd rate players in this window so far.

Have we made any progress? No Is that Fenlons fault? Not so sure.

The number of players he has tried to sign and we have missed out on shows the board once again are not 'backing the manager' to the extent needed.

What more can he do? He suggests players, Rod tries to get them to take a pay cut or a tin of beans and they say 'no thankyou' and we start all over again.

The only thing I will say about him is some of his selections/playing players out of position baffles me.

McPake is a strong centre half who will do a job (you saw it a bit today albeit the sending off), Soares has quality so they are two good signings.

Doyle seems intelligent but he didnt look to sharp today- he is going to need time to adjust I think.

Would you want to swap positions with PF? What a job he has on his hands. He has to turn an ENTIRE club around (Fans, players, staff, mind set, confidence etc) with no help really from the board who have taken the 'stick our heads in the sand' approach to our problems at the moment!

The board thought after the Dunfermline game that was us on the way. How wrong they were.

East Coast Hibe
Listen...
I am not shouting for him to be sacked, and I really hope he can pull us out the brown stuff
BUT....
So far​... Has any noticable progress been made ?

Golden Bear
28-01-2012, 05:19 PM

Did you expect us to be after such a short period of time?

The problem is on the park and a Manager (any Manager), can only do so much. Individual errors are costing us dear and that has been the pattern of the season.

mon the cabbage
28-01-2012, 05:19 PM
He is slightly better, at least we try to pass it about. But has he done anything thats that good?

Calderwoods signings- Osbourne- one of the better players we have
Sodje- scored goals to start with
Palsson- started of well
agogo- crap
O'connor- Great goalscorer
Griffiths- one of the better players
Sproule-crap
Thornhill- good vision
Towell- Crap
O'hanlon- poor but can win a ball and tries hard tackles.

Calderwood sold some good players

Fenlons signings - Doyle- looks good
Francomb- poor start
Mcpake- too early to judge
Soares- Too early
Griffiths- good player!

What do you think?

Saorsa
28-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I don't think so. Today's result is poor and I think we have brought in 2nd rate players in this window so far.jose mourinho wouldnae make progress at this club with Petrie running the show.

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2012, 05:22 PM

The number of players he has tried to sign and we have missed out on shows the board once again are not 'backing the manager' to the extent needed.

What more can he do? He suggests players, Rod tries to get them to take a pay cut or a tin of beans and they say 'no thankyou' and we start all over again.

The only thing I will say about him is some of his selections/playing players out of position baffles me.

McPake is a strong centre half who will do a job (you saw it a bit today albeit the sending off), Soares has quality so they are two good signings.

Doyle seems intelligent but he didnt look to sharp today- he is going to need time to adjust I think.

Would you want to swap positions with PF? What a job he has on his hands. He has to turn an ENTIRE club around (Fans, players, staff, mind set, confidence etc) with no help really from the board who have taken the 'stick our heads in the sand' approach to our problems at the moment!

The board thought after the Dunfermline game that was us on the way. How wrong they were.

What number is that?

East Coast Hibe
28-01-2012, 05:22 PM
jose mourinho wouldnae make progress at this club with Petrie running the show.

Fair Comment

thebausburst
28-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Totally agree, as would any right minded and honest fan.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 05:24 PM
He is slightly better, at least we try to pass it about. But has he done anything thats that good?

Palsson- started of well
agogo- crap
Sproule-crap
Thornhill- good vision
Towell- Crap

Francomb- poor start
Soares- Too early
Griffiths- good player!

What do you think?

Jury is still out on all of Pats signings at the moment, Doyle doesnt look the finished article currently.

Most of the signings CC made are hopeless but its the mindset and approach that he brought in that has caused more problems, as well as the fact he completely distanced himself from the fans even before his summer nonsense about 'will he wont he' leave.

Cant agree about O'Hanlon, he is hopeless- as bad/if not worse as Colin Murdock.

SloopJB
28-01-2012, 05:24 PM

Palsson- started of well
agogo- crap
Sproule-crap
Thornhill- good vision
Towell- Crap

Francomb- poor start
Soares- Too early
Griffiths- good player!

What do you think?
I think the internet has a lot to answer for.

Golden Bear
28-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Ok Dan in your eyes you've identified the problem. Now what is your solution to the problem?

The Green Goblin
28-01-2012, 05:25 PM
What's wrong with asking that question openly on a fans message board? Or have we become so precious that some, previously perfectly acceptable, questions are taboo?

I will answer it. Imo, we have improved, in terms of organisation and workrate, but as many have said on here, the problem is so bad and runs so deep with the team, that a lot more time will need to pass before the progress is more easily visible.

At this stage, PF will be limited to reversing a crap psychological attitude and putting in the groundwork for future improvement, whilst simultaneously trying to help Hibs survive. A huge task for anyone and one that will take a long time.

Results are not going our way, but other things will have to be fixed before that happens and I believe the straightforward answer to your question, "have we made any progress under Fenlon, is yes.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 05:27 PM
What number is that?

He has tried to sign five players this window and failed, at least two of them due to wages.

Ever wonder why every transfer window we miss out on our main targets and the last week or so we panic buy/get trialists in?

Not rocket science. The club think they can poach players from so called 'lesser clubs' because we are a big club/training facilities/stadia and sight lack of ambition on the players part if they dont come.

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2012, 05:28 PM
He has tried to sign five players this window and failed, at least two of them due to wages.

Ever wonder why every transfer window we miss out on our main targets and the last week or so we panic buy/get trialists in?

Not rocket science. The club think they can poach players from so called 'lesser clubs' because we are a big club/training facilities/stadia and sight lack of ambition on the players part if they dont come.

Oh, ok... who were they? Genuinely interested.

SMAXXA
28-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Why do you have to bring everything back to RP? I get you dont like the guy and want him out but come on! Seems he can be brought into every thread in some way or shape and its getting boring IMO.:confused:

Fenlon has made progress yes, all be it limited and not as much as we would have hoped. Playing better, shipped out dead wood etc, this is the early stages of a massive job IMO yes he has.

Emerald
28-01-2012, 05:30 PM
I think we should have went for a proven SPL manager who has SPL standard players for contacts, player who would want to come and play for them. Pat Fenlon is another experiment with absolutely no experience at this level. He may turn into a great manager, who knows, but we should not have been experimenting with untried managers when we were in so much danger.

That said, I do think we have played better football in spells over the last couple of weeks than CC ever had us playing but this is a results business and in that there has been no improvement. Everything seems to be going against us at the moment. We also need a wee bit luck.

The jury is out on PF for me.

Barney McGrew
28-01-2012, 05:31 PM
What's wrong with asking that question openly on a fans message board? Or have we become so precious that some, previously perfectly acceptable, questions are taboo?

I will answer it. Imo, we have improved, in terms of organisation and workrate, but as many have said on here, the problem is so bad and runs so deep with the team, that a lot more time will need to pass before the progress is more easily visible.

At this stage, PF will be limited to reversing a crap psychological attitude and putting in the groundwork for future improvement, whilst simultaneously trying to help Hibs survive. A huge task for anyone and one that will take a long time.

Results are not going our way, but other things will have to be fixed before that happens and I believe the straightforward answer to your question, "have we made any progress under Fenlon, is yes.

Excellent summary GG :agree:

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Oh, ok... who were they? Genuinely interested.

Goodwin, Rae (knocked back verbal contract offer) the other three I dont have names but reliable source from within the club. Members of the clubs staff are moaning about lack of ambition/direction from the board and sighting the reasons I mentioned above as to why we are not signing our transfer targets.

Gatecrasher
28-01-2012, 05:33 PM
To question Fenlon would be a farce considering the state of the club when he arrives, we have improved (marginally) but i think he is doing what he can given the budget given.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 05:35 PM
To question Fenlon would be a farce considering the state of the club when he arrives, we have improved (marginally) but i think he is doing what he can given the budget given.

Its going to be an interesting couple of days to see what signings we can make/the board will sanction

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Goodwin, Rae (knocked back verbal contract offer) the other three I dont have names but reliable source from within the club. Members of the clubs staff are moaning about lack of ambition/direction from the board and sighting the reasons I mentioned above as to why we are not signing our transfer targets.

Ah, the reliable source.

I don't doubt you, but you will understand people's cynicism about your claims.

I would also suggest that you can hardly use Gavin Rae to support your argument. From what was claimed on other threads, he was always going to Aberdeen, no matter what.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I think the OP asks a fair question.

We work a bit harder and in spells we look more organised but results have pretty much stayed the same.

I don't think we have markedly improved under Fenlon but I didn't expect us to. Not because of him but because of the scale of the problem.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Ah, the reliable source.

I don't doubt you, but you will understand people's cynicism about your claims.

I would also suggest that you can hardly use Gavin Rae to support your argument. From what was claimed on other threads, he was always going to Aberdeen, no matter what.

I do understand it and its completely fair enough.

Maybe or maybe not, but the fact he wouldnt even come to the table speaks volumes to me.

I'm just stating what my opinion on the whole situation is- I feel for PF as he is in a horrible situation and I dont think he is getting the correct backing for such a situation!

SteveHFC
I really feel for us this season. Let's hope we get a few players in before Tuesday Night.

Hibby 2005
We're in a relegation dogfight so the answer to the OP's question is no, we haven't progressed under PF.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Have we made progress - Yes absolutely
Have results improved - No
Is the defence better - No

We have a manager who cares, who can communicate, who is committed, he appears to have drive and determination everything CC lacked.

We play much better and look like we can score something we did not under CC, where he has failed is to make us difficult to score against if he can sort that we will be fine this season and give him time to progress next year.

The players on trial do not inspire me and I think Pat needs to Pull a rabbit out of the hat before 01 Feb 2012.

I am happy with Pat, he is a BIG improvement on CC (Although that is not hard :greengrin)

Cropley10
28-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Have we made progress - Yes absolutely
Have results improved - No
Is the defence better - No

We have a manager who cares, who can communicate, who is committed, he appears to have drive and determination everything CC lacked.

We play much better nad look like we can score something we did not ubder CC, where he has failed is to make us difficult to score against if he can sort that we will be fine this season and give him time to progress next year.

The players on trial do not inspire me and I think Pat needs to Pull a rabbit out of the hat before 01 Feb 2012.

I am happy with Pat, he is a BIG improvement on CC (Although that is not hard :greengrin)

Completely agree. Let's hope we see a couple of top quality signings before the window closes.

Springbank
28-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Maybe or maybe not, but the fact he wouldnt even come to the table speaks volumes to me.

I'm just stating what my opinion on the whole situation is- I feel for PF as he is in a horrible situation and I dont think he is getting the correct backing for such a situation!

I'm not privy to what was said/offered (if anything) to midfielders like Goodwin, Stephen Hughes, Gavin Rae etc

I just know they are at our rivals, when we seemed to have an opportunity, and we lost out.

There is an issue there. Only those involved in setting the budget and using the budget will know what the reasons were. They may turn out to be sensible decisions, but we are a wee bit behind the 8 ball for every decision to be sensible (as opposed to expensive short term fix)

Frazerbob
28-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Is this Rae you're reffering to only you said earlier that he "knocked back verbal cotract offer". :blah:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2012, 05:54 PM
In terms of improvement, there was not the usual initial upturn in form that new manager coming in can result in. That says the players don't have it in them rather than a comment on PF. For players coming in, Goodwin stayed at a club he was happy at, on an improved contract. Rae was never ever coming to ER. Suggesting otherwise is close to self-harming. The improvement I see, is in fitness and spirit. We were not outplayed today. We stuck at it even a man down. You can't coach ability into players though. The goal for this season is 11th or better.

greenlex
28-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Yes.

silverhibee
28-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Completely agree. Let's hope we see a couple of top quality signings before the window closes.

:tee hee:

silverhibee
28-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm not privy to what was said/offered (if anything) to midfielders like Goodwin, Stephen Hughes, Gavin Rae etc

I just know they are at our rivals, when we seemed to have an opportunity, and we lost out.

There is an issue there. Only those involved in setting the budget and using the budget will know what the reasons were. They may turn out to be sensible decisions, but we are a wee bit behind the 8 ball for every decision to be sensible (as opposed to expensive short term fix)

Hibs were offered but not interested in him.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Is this Rae you're reffering to only you said earlier that he "knocked back verbal cotract offer". :blah:

Verbal, thats not coming to the table is it? it was dismissed before it got to that stage

ehf
28-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I think we should have went for a proven SPL manager who has SPL standard players for contacts, player who would want to come and play for them. Pat Fenlon is another experiment with absolutely no experience at this level. He may turn into a great manager, who knows, but we should not have been experimenting with untried managers when we were in so much danger.

That said, I do think we have played better football in spells over the last couple of weeks than CC ever had us playing but this is a results business and in that there has been no improvement. Everything seems to be going against us at the moment. We also need a wee bit luck.

The jury is out on PF for me.

:agree: We should have gone for Butcher or Danny Lennon.

In hindsight, Mowbray was the worst thing that could have happened to us because it convinced the buffoon Petrie that he could spot a manager/that the cheap option might work.

At The Edge
28-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Pat has made the Hibs unit fitter and more organised, but the players are a let down, in skill or just not switched on 100% for the game.
Pats' goal is now and will be to finish 11th in the SPL, that is it.
Anything else above 11th is a bonus.
Sad and difficult times ahead for this season, however if we can scrape over the finish line in 11th, he has to be given free reign to clear alot of this team out including favourites and be given the funds to replace with better quality players.
This however will be up to the board to see how much cash he will be given to do this badly needed job.

:pfgwa

Frazerbob
28-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Verbal, thats not coming to the table is it? it was dismissed before it got to that stage

How can we make a verbal offer if he refused to speak to us? Is that not what "coming to the table" means?

Barney McGrew
28-01-2012, 06:06 PM
How can we make a verbal offer if he refused to speak to us? Is that not what "coming to the table" means?

Maybe you need to sit at a table with mats and cutlery and stuff before it's official :dunno:

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 06:06 PM

I meant we never had a sit down with him, it never got to that stage. It was just a phone call chat with one of the directors.

Care to grill me some more? I know nothing more all I know is he was not even interested in coming down to ER for a chat

CropleyWasGod
28-01-2012, 06:07 PM
:agree: We should have gone for Butcher or Danny Lennon.

In hindsight, Mowbray was the worst thing that could have happened to us because it convinced the buffoon Petrie that he could spot a manager/that the cheap option might work.

Okay, trying to get my head around this.

Mowbray was a good manager. Appointed by RP. But we would have been better off without him, "because it convinced the buffoon Petrie that he could spot a manager/that the cheap option might work"

So, you're putting TM's appointment down as another monumental cock-up by RP?

I think I get it...

Sioux
28-01-2012, 06:11 PM
I meant we never had a sit down with him, it never got to that stage. It was just a phone call chat with one of the directors.

Care to grill me some more? I know nothing more all I know is he was not even interested in coming down to ER for a chat

So how come we missed out on him? Your original statement about missing out on players is at best misleading, or simply BS.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 06:14 PM
So how come we missed out on him? Your original statement about missing out on players is at best misleading, or simply BS.

:rolleyes:

Because he wouldnt even entertain us because of what was on offer. I'm not going to get involved in BS chats 2bh. We have missed out on players because of the wages we offer, if you dont think that is the case you are in cloud cookoo land I'm afraid.

I was merely saying that to have a go at Fenlon for not getting players in quick enough is not always his fault.

Jeez does everything on this forum have to turn into a side debate?

Golden Bear
28-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Pat has just been on the Jim Traynor show and he's hopeful of getting another two players in before the window shuts. One of the players will be a defender apparently.

Time will tell.

Lago

YES! & not impressed by your thinking.

Andy74
We are at least trying to play and compete now but Fenlon can't create a defence in a couple of weeks I'm afraid.

Golden Bear
28-01-2012, 06:17 PM
We are at least trying to play and compete now but Fenlon can't create a defence in a couple of weeks I'm afraid.

:agree:

And he can't legislate against stupid individual errors by so called professionals.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Pat has just been on the Jim Traynor show and he's hopeful of getting another two players in before the window shuts. One of the players will be a defender apparently.

Time will tell.

I'm guessing the big guy from Canada?

The other being the midfielder from South Africa?

Golden Bear
28-01-2012, 06:19 PM

No details I'm afraid.

Andy74
28-01-2012, 06:21 PM

I'd prefer the Canadian lad to be one for the future and get another experienced CH in. On loan if it has to be.

A solid midfielder would be the other thing.

Oh, and a left back.

Sioux
28-01-2012, 06:23 PM
:rolleyes:

Because he wouldnt even entertain us because of what was on offer. I'm not going to get involved in BS chats 2bh. We have missed out on players because of the wages we offer, if you dont think that is the case you are in cloud cookoo land I'm afraid.

I was merely saying that to have a go at Fenlon for not getting players in quick enough is not always his fault.

Jeez does everything on this forum have to turn into a side debate?

Im not the one in cloud cuckoo land. You made a statement that wasn't true. Was that to attract attention coz you want to be one of the "in the know" crowd? The bit in bold - I think you made that up.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Im not the one in cloud cuckoo land. You made a statement that wasn't true. Was that to attract attention coz you want to be one of the "in the know" crowd? The bit in bold - I think you made that up.

Attract attention? 'in the know crowd'?

This is a forum. What the hell has it got to do with attracting attention to yourself?

On a forum you post, you share. I dont really give a toss what you think to be honest. If I feel like posting something I will. I won't post rubbish.

If you dont like it, on yer bike you dont need to read it or reply.

Greenblood70
28-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I can just about see a difference when we're in possession, we create decent chances unfortunately it's all being undone by absolutely rank amateur individual mistakes at the back. Our defences confidence and decision making is shot to pieces and it's costing us approx 3 goals per game.

In summary we look quite easy on the eye going forward at times but i'm covering my eyes when the balls in our half.

I liked the look of Soares on the ball today, some nice touches, Doyle was getting into good positions and should have done better on a couple of occasions but will get there I'm sure. Francome again looks decent with the ball at his feet but I've not seen enough defenesively, he looked like he was positionally poor a couple of times today. Didn't really notice how McPake played but at the very least he'd have to have one leg to be any worse than O'Hanlon.

I still reckon we need an old head at the back to organsie, and for me Hanlon is not the answer at left back either. I'd also rather see Stack in goals than Brown but tbh there's not a lot in that.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I'd prefer the Canadian lad to be one for the future and get another experienced CH in. On loan if it has to be.

A solid midfielder would be the other thing.

Oh, and a left back.

There is still a LB on trial isnt there?

HibeeMG
28-01-2012, 06:30 PM

I'm not going to listen to the opinion about the players we've brought in and how we're progressing from someone who can't even get the basics right, like spelling their own username!

ehf
28-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Okay, trying to get my head around this.

Mowbray was a good manager. Appointed by RP. But we would have been better off without him, "because it convinced the buffoon Petrie that he could spot a manager/that the cheap option might work"

So, you're putting TM's appointment down as another monumental cock-up by RP?

I think I get it...

No, I'm saying Petrie got lucky with Mowbray and his brief spell in charge was wonderful but Petrie now thinks he can pick a manager when in reality he hasn't got a clue.

Cropley10
28-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Time will tell.

A defender? Interesting...

HFC 0-7
28-01-2012, 06:33 PM

I agree we are trying to play a bit now, although i would say that Fenlon made a few mistakes in his first few games with tactics in formation and selections. Stats wise is not good reading at all, calderwoods last 9 league games in charge read W2 D4 L3, Fenlons last 9 league games in charge read W1 D1 L7

BT58
28-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Jeezo,,,,,PF has inherited CCs crap,, hes tried to change the team with the boards backing,,, have we improved,,erm,, you try bringing in 2-3 new faces,, and see if the team responds,, its all about trials & exercises.
PF obviously knows this teams weaknesses & strengths
We can only hope we can survive,,, its gonna get more painful each week,, but hopefully we will survive
Bt

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Yes.

Fenlon is trying to shape our side, it might be fully of rotten players but at least there is some shape.

Clueless didn't even have this.

Pee with ***** comes to mind, I think he will turn it round. :aok:

Andy74
28-01-2012, 06:35 PM
A defender? Interesting...

It has to be.

You can't trust O'Hanlon, Stephens or Hanlon in the centre at all. And two of them might have to play there next week just to make matters worse!

Cropley10
28-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I wasn't expecting anything from today's game tbh - but I'd like to think the Aberdeen game presents a real opportunity for PFs new-look Hibernian team.

SMAXXA
28-01-2012, 06:37 PM
It has to be.

You can't trust O'Hanlon, Stephens or Hanlon in the centre at all. And two of them might have to play there next week just to make matters worse!

I hope they are both defenders lol, another Ch and a winger and centre midfielder would be good

Sir David Gray
28-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I don't think we have seen much improvement but then, having said that, I didn't expect to see much after two months anyway.

We are in a very bad place right now and I think he needs two years to get us back on track, not two months.

Emerald
28-01-2012, 06:40 PM
No, I'm saying Petrie got lucky with Mowbray and his brief spell in charge was wonderful but Petrie now thinks he can pick a manager when in reality he hasn't got a clue.

Its like putting £5 on a 100/1 shot in the National and it winning. So year after year you keep picking a 100/1 shot thinking you can do the same again. But year after year strange as it would appear one of the favourites wins. Thats maybe because the favourites have proven ability to be able to run for 4 miles and are good at jumping fences.

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 06:43 PM
It has to be.

O'Hanlon is the worst defender I've ever seen in our side. Genuinely horrific footballer.

Got to question the manager as to why he is anywhere near the side to be honest.

scoopyboy
28-01-2012, 06:43 PM
It has to be.

McPake should be able to play next week.

Cropley10
28-01-2012, 06:44 PM
O'Hanlon is the worst defender I've ever seen in our side. Genuinely horrific footballer.

Got to question the manager as to why he is anywhere near the side to be honest.

And he's drawing a wage til May next year.

SMAXXA
28-01-2012, 06:45 PM

Yup :agree:

Sir David Gray
28-01-2012, 06:46 PM

He will.

He'll be out for the Aberdeen game.

Andy74
28-01-2012, 06:47 PM

After last week I think he had to change it but it's a rock and shard place isn't it?

basehibby
28-01-2012, 06:50 PM

There's been more application and organisation on display in the games I've seem - the proof of the pudding will be how we get on going into February with a clutch of new signings which he has approved.

Gordy M
28-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I see that Jody morris is out of contract in the summer and yet to agree a new deal with St j. Would be a good signing given our current lack of a decent defensive midfielder.

hibby67
28-01-2012, 07:11 PM
i don't think so. Today's result is poor and i think we have brought in 2nd rate players in this window so far.

yes

out are

palsson
agogo
thornhill
sodje

would say that is progress only another 10 to go

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 07:14 PM
And he's drawing a wage til May next year.

He must be laughing his erse off that he got a 2 year deal.

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 07:16 PM
After last week I think he had to change it but it's a rock and shard place isn't it?

He did, I agree. He brought in McPake.

Stephens and McPake would be much better, I see why Fenlon would go with experience but he's murder, worse than Murderdock. :agree:

down the slope
28-01-2012, 07:20 PM
I see that Jody morris is out of contract in the summer and yet to agree a new deal with St j. Would be a good signing given our current lack of a decent defensive midfielder.

He will be to expensive, Rod will not match his wages .

Gala Foxes
28-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Just saw the goals - keystone cops defending at the 2nd + 4th goals

O'Hanlon + Brown look like a couple of clowns at the 2nd

Can things get any worse?

eastmainsmsh
28-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Pat Fenlon will get it right in time if backed by the board ....Yogi and Gareth evans still get paid there wages bizarre to say least its the boards fault to an extent i reckon Fenlon is the man to turn this club around

King Paddy
28-01-2012, 07:38 PM

Palsson- started of well
agogo- crap
Sproule-crap
Thornhill- good vision
Towell- Crap

Francomb- poor start
Soares- Too early
Griffiths- good player!

What do you think?

No he has not made any differance, infact we seem to concede more goals under Fenlon than either Calderwood or Yogi. Out of his depth I.M.O.

Sherlock
28-01-2012, 07:42 PM
No he has not made any differance, infact we seem to concede more goals under Fenlon than either Calderwood or Yogi. Out of his depth I.M.O.

We score a lot more too though eh?

Maybe he is, or maybe he needs time to build a side instead.

Yogi and Coco both built sides and they were ****, Fenlon has to be given time to build his.

greenlex
28-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I wasn't expecting anything from today's game tbh - but I'd like to think the Aberdeen game presents a real opportunity for PFs new-look Hibernian team.
I hope they sharpen their teeth next week first too. :agree:

NOLA
28-01-2012, 07:57 PM

if players dont want to sign for us because of our predicament its not really fenlons fault

Alfred E Newman
28-01-2012, 08:11 PM

We would never be able to afford his wages and tempt him to make the step down to our level.

Gordy M
28-01-2012, 08:17 PM
We would never be able to afford his wages and tempt him to make the step down to our level.

Given the last few transfer windows i tend to agree with you, however he did sign for St J when they were in the first division, so he has made the 'step down' before. How much do you reckon he is on? More than the top wage at hibs?