PDA

View Full Version : Sean O'Hanlon has to be fired

KiddA
28-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Surly this will be his last game at Hibs :confused: utter dreadful stuff

The most annoying thing about this guy is he just does not care. My old man sits behind the dug out and said last week O'Hanlon spent more time laughing and joking with someone he knew in the stand than care about what was going on :rolleyes: on top of that he has been spotted out drunk a few times making a total tool of himself in public.

Its time to pay this total prick off and tell him to find a new team

Pretty Boy
28-01-2012, 03:58 PM
If i performed in my job like he does in his I'd be sacked for gross negligence.

Expecting Rain
28-01-2012, 03:58 PM

The most annoying thing about this guy is he just does not care. My old man sits behind the dug out and said last week O'Hanlon spent more time laughing and joking with someone he knew in the stand than care about what was going on :rolleyes: on top of that he has been spotted out drunk a few times making a total tool of himself in public.

Seen better players in pub leagues.

matty_f
28-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Would not bother me in the slightest if I never saw him in a Hibs shirt again. Rangers won't score easier goals all season, and the same could probably be said for every team that has scored against us this season.

Ferryhibby
28-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Heartily agree mate he has been at the heart of practically every bad goal we have lost this season, although why does he keep getting picked? another colin murdoch im afraid

Alfred E Newman
28-01-2012, 04:00 PM

He is just one of many sub standard players signed by the club in recent times.

Jim44
28-01-2012, 04:03 PM

Once a Hibby always a Hibby. :greengrin

CorrieHibs
28-01-2012, 04:06 PM
To big a step from league 1 to the SPL.

andy1875
28-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Agree completely with all the posts above.

Also worth noting that more fool the scouting team that deemed this huddy any good at all. With any luck they'll have followed CC out the door. Thats assuming this penny pinching club even have a scouting system in place.

frazeHFC
28-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Why was Booth out? I fully expected Booth at left back and Hanlon and McPake at centre back.

Aldo
28-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Taken off pretty much straight after so hopefully that's him.

FWIW teams don't need a strategy playing with him in the team. Just punt it towards him and he will **** up sooner or later

soupy
28-01-2012, 04:11 PM

FWIW teams don't need a strategy playing with him in the team. Just punt it towards him and he will **** up sooner or later

Unfortunately with mcpake getting sent off, no doubt hell be back next week,

Broken Gnome
28-01-2012, 04:12 PM
To big a step from league 1 to the SPL.

It really, really shouldn't be.

Gettin' Auld
28-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Sean O'Hanlon has to be fired .........preferably into outer space in a rocket!!

Sir David Gray
28-01-2012, 04:27 PM
The 2nd goal wasn't his only "contribution" today either. There was a complete mix up in the 1st half with a ball that absolutely had to be Mark Brown's ball but O'Hanlon stepped in and made a mess of a clearance.

He's simply not good enough.

Cropley10
28-01-2012, 04:42 PM

A CH who lets the ball bounce SO often. Schoolboy stuff.

PISTOL1875
28-01-2012, 04:53 PM
He can go along with Sproule , Hart , Galbraith , Stack and Mark Brown....

Aldo
28-01-2012, 05:00 PM
A CH who lets the ball bounce SO often. Schoolboy stuff.

Defo but his positional sense Crops is none existence. Played up front when u was younger and when the legs went moved and played sweeper. I could of done a better job the day (kidding) not looking for world beaters but guys that do the job their paid to do... In his case Defend.

truehibernian
28-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Michael Hart - two serious injuries in career at Preston, signs for Hibs, out injured straight away

Ed de Graaf - serious injury sidelines him.....not a regular starter, signs for Hibs, picks up injury at Hibs and on loan

Sean O'Hanlon - two bad injuries I believe, not a regular starter for MK Dons, signs for Hibs, out with injury straight away

Matt Thornhill - injury prone at Forest, injured before signing, signs for Hibs, becomes injury prone again

Graham Stack - injury prone career, never a first team pick, signs for Hibs, out for near a whole season injured (combined)

Kevin McBride - injury prone at Falkirk, signs for Hibs, injured in both seasons

Osbourne - bad injury at Villa, signs for Hibs after not making grade and not playing regularly

Valdas Trakys - 14 clubs before siging for Hibs, aged 31

Francis Dickoh - injured with Dutch side, dropped on return, signs for Hibs having not played regularly

Daryl Duffy - No regular football, injured for near entire loan period

Junior Agogo - do I really need to go on...........................see the pattern developing

We don't sign players who are hitting the ground running, we don't do proper background checks IMHO into their careers, we don't have really good scouting, and any player we sign has not been playing regular competitive football. That's not only the fault of the manager, but someone, somewhere needs to be sitting down with the manager and giving real input and advice.

Bristolhibby
28-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Heartily agree mate he has been at the heart of practically every bad goal we have lost this season, although why does he keep getting picked? another colin murdoch im afraid

I would kill to have Murdoch at the moment!

Cropley10
28-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Michael Hart - two serious injuries in career at Preston, signs for Hibs, out injured straight away

Ed de Graaf - serious injury sidelines him.....not a regular starter, signs for Hibs, picks up injury at Hibs and on loan

Sean O'Hanlon - two bad injuries I believe, not a regular starter for MK Dons, signs for Hibs, out with injury straight away

Matt Thornhill - injury prone at Forest, injured before signing, signs for Hibs, becomes injury prone again

Graham Stack - injury prone career, never a first team pick, signs for Hibs, out for near a whole season injured (combined)

Kevin McBride - injury prone at Falkirk, signs for Hibs, injured in both seasons

Osbourne - bad injury at Villa, signs for Hibs after not making grade and not playing regularly

Valdas Trakys - 14 clubs before siging for Hibs, aged 31

Francis Dickoh - injured with Dutch side, dropped on return, signs for Hibs having not played regularly

Daryl Duffy - No regular football, injured for near entire loan period

Junior Agogo - do I really need to go on...........................see the pattern developing

We don't sign players who are hitting the ground running, we don't do proper background checks IMHO into their careers, we don't have really good scouting, and any player we sign has not been playing regular competitive football. That's not only the fault of the manager, but someone, somewhere needs to be sitting down with the manager and giving real input and advice.

McPake? He's not got a bad injury record has he?

Perhaps these are the only options available.

Calls for a DoF look more and more sensible.

truehibernian
28-01-2012, 05:09 PM
McPake? He's not got a bad injury record has he?

Perhaps these are the only options available.

Calls for a DoF look more and more sensible.

I called for it when CC was sacked Cropley......and for me I wouldn't have signed McPake for exactly that reason. When I see the words 'cruciate injuries' and 'broken backs' it sends shivers. What I want to read is 'Hibs sign promising centre half' who has been a mainstay in a side, who hasn't spent a season out etc.

For all the players listed, and all the monies combined, you could easily have signed half that amount of players, but better quality, those that play regularly, and hey, some who may cost a fee.

stoneyburn hibs
28-01-2012, 05:21 PM
O' Hanlon is so bad , please dont play him again pat , regardless of suspensions and injurys, if he is in the starting line once more then i have to start doubting our manager

Bostonhibby
28-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Totally agree, bomb scare and we should do the decent thing before it gets any worse, problem is he's got a contract, Coco the Clowns unworkable legacy was at least as unworkable as Yogi's.

stoneyburn hibs
28-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Totally agree, bomb scare and we should do the decent thing before it gets any worse, problem is he's got a contract, Coc the Clowns unworkable legacy was at least as unworkable as Yogi's.

How long has he got left on his contract ?

At The Edge
28-01-2012, 05:29 PM
How long has he got left on his contract ?

I'm sure it was a 2 year deal when he signed in the summer........unfortunatley not the summer of 2010 but 2011
cheers Colin:rolleyes:

stoneyburn hibs
28-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm sure it was a 2 year deal when he signed in the summer........unfortunatley not the summer of 2010 but 2011
cheers Colin:rolleyes:

Oh dear i was worried that would be the answer

iain nolan
28-01-2012, 05:39 PM
dont understand how he still at club been hibs worse player this season and we have a few off them ,
even cowdenbeth made him look bad

FitbaFolkKen
28-01-2012, 06:08 PM
I liked Fenlons quote after the game, saying

"We're looking to bring in another couple of players - one of them will be a defender, hopefully."

He is clearly aware O'Hanlon is garbage, fingers crossed he gets his man.

BT58
28-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Thot it was a LB he was looking at???
Bt

Gala Foxes
28-01-2012, 07:44 PM

Only we cold find a centre half that is worse than Colin Murdoch

stokesmessiah
28-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Only we cold find a centre half that is worse than Colin Murdoch

I blame his namesake.

Shrekko
28-01-2012, 07:50 PM

:agree:
Murdock was a decent player who seemed to get punished virtually every time he cocked up. He was capable of some very good defending for 95 percent of most games.

O'Hanlon is absolutely terrible at everything and gift goals are inevitable he's so bad. Makes everything look difficult and run of the mill things seem impossible for him.

What was Calderwood thinking? I said after a few games this season that my trust in CC had gone on the basis of this signing.

Feed McGraw
28-01-2012, 07:55 PM
He`s not been great, but he`s not been any worse than Paul Hanlon, but he`s getting an awful lot more stick.

Big Frank
28-01-2012, 08:47 PM
He`s not been great, but he`s not been any worse than Paul Hanlon, but he`s getting an awful lot more stick.

Both of them disgust me. Should be no where near our famous jersey.

Mikeystewart
28-01-2012, 09:01 PM
O'Hanlon has been shocking in 9/10 games I've seen him in. Though to be fair to him, the 5 goals we conceded between Dunfermline and St.Johnston he was no where near the team, He is just 1 player in a squad of very VERY poor defenders.

Mikeystewart
28-01-2012, 09:03 PM

Completely agree, had Hanlon not came through the ranks of the youth system he would be getting a lot less protection, which tells its own story because he ain't getting much now.

shagpile
28-01-2012, 09:14 PM
I called for it when CC was sacked Cropley......and for me I wouldn't have signed McPake for exactly that reason. When I see the words 'cruciate injuries' and 'broken backs' it sends shivers. What I want to read is 'Hibs sign promising centre half' who has been a mainstay in a side, who hasn't spent a season out etc.

For all the players listed, and all the monies combined, you could easily have signed half that amount of players, but better quality, those that play regularly, and hey, some who may cost a fee.

It wouldn't though, would it?:wink:

Jonnyboy
28-01-2012, 10:25 PM
O'Hanlon is and always has been a liability. He should be left to rot or his contract bought out

frazeHFC
28-01-2012, 10:33 PM
When glancing at the title for a second i thought it read:

"Sean O'Hanlon has been found dead"

Mikeystewart
28-01-2012, 10:36 PM
When glancing at the title for a second i thought it read:

"Sean O'Hanlon has been found dead"

Bit of a Freudian moment maybe?

SteveHFC
28-01-2012, 10:39 PM
The guy is one of the worst players i have seen in a Hibs Jersey. Colin Murdock, Oumar Konde, Humphrey Rudge were all better than him.

PeterboroHibee
28-01-2012, 10:41 PM
O'Hanlon is by far our worst defender. Hanlon and Stephens, whilst not playing great, have some good points to their games imo. O'Hanlon has nothing, cant remember the last time I watched a CB who was as bad as him, cant do anything and just causes chaos amongst the other defenders.

Shrekko
28-01-2012, 10:55 PM
O'Hanlon is by far our worst defender. Hanlon and Stephens, whilst not playing great, have some good points to their games imo. O'Hanlon has nothing, cant remember the last time I watched a CB who was as bad as him, cant do anything and just causes chaos amongst the other defenders.

Agree totally.

Hanlon and Stephens ar nowhere near as bad- NOWHERE. Hanlon in particular has had some poor games but has plenty attributes which may well eventually make him a reasonable player. O'Hanlon is as good as he'll be and for all I know he may even be playing as well as he can- he cannot do ANYTHING well and has the worst balance I've ever seen from a playe at this level. He makes Darren Dods look mobile.

KiddA
28-01-2012, 11:16 PM

:agree: very true although both Hanlon and Stephens are not having a good season at the back we have to take in to account that they are still very young. To play alongside a bomb scare like O'Hanlon is very hard for there development. I think the signing of McPake will help these young players in a big way and like you say we have seen a lot more positives from both players than that bomb scare O'Hanlon. Stephens recently at the Pars looked very good and there is a defender in there somewhere. O'Hanlon has to go plain and simple and I hope PF see's this now. Even at the first goal today he pushed up and got caught out of position like he did many other times. When Rangers scored that first goal McPake turned round and looked at O'Hanlon and gave him a wtf look. I am glad PF took him off but it has taken him far too long to see that O'Hanlon is not up to the grade. PF has done very well to release players that need to move on but still has not released our worst player by a country mile.

neilmartinrocks
29-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Not often i want a player punted but O'Hanlon, hell yeah!!
about as much use as a bacon roll at a barmitvah.

Hibercelona
29-01-2012, 12:53 AM
When you have defenders that stand so close together that they look like they're holding hands, you know things are seriously wrong....

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58156000/jpg/_58156149_davis.jpg

hibee_nation
29-01-2012, 01:10 AM
O'Hanlon can GTF, poor old Murdoch just wasn't that good, but for his calmness personified in the penalty shoot out at Hampden in the cup semi against the Huns i will forgive him. God loves a trier O'Hanlon is just schect.

Saorsa
29-01-2012, 01:48 AM
aye, fae Mons Meg off the castle ramparts. Makes Colin Murdoch look like a good fitba player

BEEJ
29-01-2012, 12:30 PM
O'Hanlon is absolutely terrible at everything and gift goals are inevitable he's so bad. Makes everything look difficult and run of the mill things seem impossible for him.

What was Calderwood thinking? I said after a few games this season that my trust in CC had gone on the basis of this signing.
Even more strange when you recall that we 'missed out' on Andy Webster for a CB and eventually ended up with Sean O'Hanlon.

:confused:

greenlex
29-01-2012, 02:40 PM
When you have defenders that stand so close together that they look like they're holding hands, you know things are seriously wrong....

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/58156000/jpg/_58156149_davis.jpg
I think you will find they are not standing but running and running back. I actually think Francomb could have tracked Davis back a bit better to be honest as they hit us on the break but standing they are not. Bizarre post.

sesoim
29-01-2012, 02:57 PM
We haven't signed a decent CB since Jones in 2006. Bamba, for me, was only any good when played in CM. It is an absolute failure on the part of Hughes and CC that we have never managed to sign a couple of decent CBs since. Here's hoping Fenlon can find another CB and LB very soon.

As for our current CBs, O'Hanlon and Murray should be written off, Stephens should maybe be given a bit more times in the reserves/on loan. As for Hanlon, I think he should be tried in defensive midfield, as he has some decent qualities but he is not strong enough or reliable enough to play in defence.

erin go bragh
29-01-2012, 03:06 PM

Murdoch could at least header the ball away, unlike O`hanlon .
PF has been saying we will be looking to get another defender in before wed :worried:

ggtth

Tom Hart RIP
29-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I don´t know if anyone else noticed, but just after we went 2-0 down, we got a bye kick and the ball was near the cornor flag. O´Hanlon was only a few feet away, but turned round and walked off, instead of getting the ball and giving it to Brown.
Francombe saw this and sprinted 20 yards to retreive the ball. It looked to me that O´Hanlon had settled for a 2-0 defeat but Francombe wanted to try and get back into the game.
I turned to my mate and said I would take him off because of his attitude, and two minutes later he was subbed. I´d like to think that Pat Fenlon took him off for that reason alone.
You can´t have players who give up when we still have a chance.

Baldy Foghorn
29-01-2012, 05:02 PM
I don´t know if anyone else noticed, but just after we went 2-0 down, we got a bye kick and the ball was near the cornor flag. O´Hanlon was only a few feet away, but turned round and walked off, instead of getting the ball and giving it to Brown.
Francombe saw this and sprinted 20 yards to retreive the ball. It looked to me that O´Hanlon had settled for a 2-0 defeat but Francombe wanted to try and get back into the game.
I turned to my mate and said I would take him off because of his attitude, and two minutes later he was subbed. I´d like to think that Pat Fenlon took him off for that reason alone.
You can´t have players who give up when we still have a chance.

Never noticed that, but just about sums up all thats wrong with us at the moment

lyonhibs
29-01-2012, 06:34 PM

We wish he was as awesomely mediocre as Murdoch. O'Hanlon is acutely terrible, something altogether different.

Gatecrasher
29-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Football has to be one of the only Professional Sports where someone can make a full time living being total ***** at what they do. A good living at that :no way:

Hibernia Na Eir
29-01-2012, 06:42 PM
michael hart - two serious injuries in career at preston, signs for hibs, out injured straight away

ed de graaf - serious injury sidelines him.....not a regular starter, signs for hibs, picks up injury at hibs and on loan

sean o'hanlon - two bad injuries i believe, not a regular starter for mk dons, signs for hibs, out with injury straight away

matt thornhill - injury prone at forest, injured before signing, signs for hibs, becomes injury prone again

graham stack - injury prone career, never a first team pick, signs for hibs, out for near a whole season injured (combined)

kevin mcbride - injury prone at falkirk, signs for hibs, injured in both seasons

osbourne - bad injury at villa, signs for hibs after not making grade and not playing regularly

valdas trakys - 14 clubs before siging for hibs, aged 31

francis dickoh - injured with dutch side, dropped on return, signs for hibs having not played regularly

daryl duffy - no regular football, injured for near entire loan period

junior agogo - do i really need to go on...........................see the pattern developing

we don't sign players who are hitting the ground running, we don't do proper background checks imho into their careers, we don't have really good scouting, and any player we sign has not been playing regular competitive football. That's not only the fault of the manager, but someone, somewhere needs to be sitting down with the manager and giving real input and advice.

right.

Can someone please list the names of Hibernian's scouts?

Bout time they were named and shamed.

Makaveli
29-01-2012, 06:47 PM
I haven't read everything on yesterday's game but it looked to me like the ball through for the opener wasn't going to fall for Davis until O'Hanlon's foot knocked it into his path. Watch for it on the highlights.

He so often half-connects and is a huge reason for our current position IMO.

IberianHibernian
29-01-2012, 07:42 PM
The first Hibernian centre half I saw was John Madson ( missed McNamee by a few months probably ) so I`ve seen a lot since and apart from Sauzee ( who didn`t really play as a classical centre back anyway ) don`t think any have really been appreciated by support . Jim Black was often singled out as weak link in Turnbull`s Tornadoes team which was probably unfair . Stanton shone as a defender but at Celtic and George Stewart was good but nearing the end of his career . Shortly after I thought Spalding and Tweed showed promise just as Darren Dodds did later ( ironic that some comments here today mentioned how he`d still be a good signing which is possibly true just as Roy Barry was a good veteran signing for a few months in 70s ) . Could go on with 80s etc . In recent times we`ve had likes of Murdock/h and Jones neither of whom impressed me but Jones had advantage of being in a good team , when the quality of our team was lowered he was shown up ( though a lot of blame was put on goalies who he argued with ). What counts is now and from what I`ve seen blaming O`Hanlon for all our problems is unjustified ( despite comments here ) . It`s more down to how team plays in all positions . He`s no Beckanbauer ( but then neither were Madson , Black ,.....Doumbe , Murdock/h , Jones , Martis , ....) and McPake won`t be either . If we want a decent central defender with positional sense and ability to control the ball we should stop signing defenders from lower or even higher divisions in England - you see defenders with very limited skill playing for EPL teams every week . If we want a rugged , hard defender we`ll sign the O`Hanlons and McPake`s just like other teams but don`t expect them to become quality players overnight or ever . So in short term our battle is to stay in SPL with likes of O`Hanlon and McPake and hopefully in longer term whatever division we`re in next year we`ll look for something different .

muirhousehibby
29-01-2012, 09:25 PM
We haven't signed a decent CB since Jones in 2006. Bamba, for me, was only any good when played in CM. It is an absolute failure on the part of Hughes and CC that we have never managed to sign a couple of decent CBs since. Here's hoping Fenlon can find another CB and LB very soon.

As for our current CBs, O'Hanlon and Murray should be written off, Stephens should maybe be given a bit more times in the reserves/on loan. As for Hanlon, I think he should be tried in defensive midfield, as he has some decent qualities but he is not strong enough or reliable enough to play in defence.

Paul hanlon played centre midfield in the same team as danny galbraith and scored more goals than he did. Everton wanted him but he chose to come to hibs. Hibs decided to play him as a defender.

I agree with you m8 defensive midfielder he is. Maybe time he was tried there even in a bounce game etc.

Teams in england are keen on him.

essexhibee
29-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Just seen the highlights....that mistake was pub league esque. Dreadful. He didnt even seem bothered from his reaction.

How could calderwood have been after this numpty for so long...didn't being realeased from the mighty mk dons say enough. :rolleyes:

SmokieJoe
29-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Completely agree, had Hanlon not came through the ranks of the youth system he would be getting a lot less protection, which tells its own story because he ain't getting much now.

As much as i agree, far to many of the 'coming through the ranks' players in our squad have had very few if ant real role models or indeed any class acts to emulate, time will tell on PH, i hope he improves

LeithBoozy
30-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Just seen the highlights....that mistake was pub league esque. Dreadful. He didnt even seem bothered from his reaction.

How could calderwood have been after this numpty for so long...didn't being realeased from the mighty mk dons say enough. :rolleyes:After watching the highlights, did O'hanlons header back not reach the goalie. Who then made a right shop front of it by heading it against the defender?.:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
30-01-2012, 08:03 AM
We are now at the small things costing us dearly stage, utterly dreadful defending from O'Hanlon and to extent keeper, I would also say before any of that Eion Doyle should have hit the target and probably scored his chance he should have cracked that first time, that for me is also costly along with McPakes silly fouls.