PDA

View Full Version : Defenders

Westie1875
28-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Our defence has been a shambles all season, it is 28th January and we have signed one experienced defender - only a couple of days ago - who will now miss the next spl match. Meanwhile we are looking at trialists and scraping about for bargain signings with only a couple of days of the window left.

Is this what the board call backing the manager? :confused: Are they even bothered about relegation? :fuming:

Hiber-nation
28-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Our defence has been a shambles all season, it is 28th January and we have signed one experienced defender - only a couple of days ago - who will now miss the next spl match. Meanwhile we are looking at trialists and scraping about for bargain signings with only a couple of days of the window left.

Is this what the board call backing the manager? :confused: Are they even bothered about relegation? :fuming:

I hoped that after he got taken off O'Hanlon would never kick a ball for us again. But now it looks like he might play next week. Nightmare.

Sammy7nil
We continue with the self inflicted wounds.

Griffiths now McPake will watch from the stand.

Pretty Boy
I've been a happy clapper for a long, long time but this is becoming worrying.

We are piss poor and have done very little business to address the issue. The board really have to shape up or ship out.

Together we are stronger, the board should really start pulling their weight then.

Saorsa
28-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Get some trialists in quick, that'll sort it

SkintHibby
28-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I am truly beyond stunned at the complete apathy of the Hibs board.

I believe we are certain for the drop.

PETRIE HAS TO BE REMOVED FROM HIS POSITION.

stokesmessiah
28-01-2012, 04:58 PM
This is an original thread.

sesoim
28-01-2012, 05:02 PM

Maybe that tells you something about Hibs failure to sort obvious problems out.

dmc1875
28-01-2012, 05:02 PM
We currently have that Gambian left back and the canadian boy on trial yes? LB and CB?

They cant be any worse than the shower we are currently watching SIGN THEM UP AND STOP PUSSY FOOTING ABOUT HIBS!!

we need signings ASAP, get them in for Monday and send Ohanlon packing and Halon to the stands

Beefster
28-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Surely the scouting department has a massive list of potential targets?

Westie1875
28-01-2012, 05:03 PM

No-one is forcing you to read it.

Westie1875
28-01-2012, 05:04 PM

Does this actually exist?

Pretty Boy
28-01-2012, 05:09 PM

Scouting department?

I think that moved west with John Park. That must explain why we signed Sproule, O'Hanlon and De Graaf based on how good they were 5 years ago.

When you think of the money we have wasted on paying up the contracts of pish players early you'd think the board would realise a bit extra investment in getting the right players first time around would be money better spent.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2012, 05:11 PM

The fact there are so many of these threads shows how long the problem has existed.

We have fannied about signing pish, with a few exceptions, in the last God knows how many windows.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Just on my way back from the game and I thought the 2nd goal we lost last week was the worst defensive mistake I've ever seen but that 2nd goal today really takes the biscuit. It was an absolute joke.

The thing that really gets me is that we actually had a few decent chances today and 4-0 flattered them but we've got no chance with comical defending like that.

thebausburst
28-01-2012, 05:20 PM
I completely agree with the general view that this transfer window is looking desperate. No point in all these crappy trialists, I mean honestly on average around 1 in every 10 is any good. Every window, summer or winter its the same old crap about how hard it is to get quality in blah blah, meanwhile Aberdeen get all their targets in and we're scraping around. I heard Pat say in an interview before the game that they're in talk tonight and he's hopeful '1 or 2' more will be added, just don't hold your breath for anyone we've actually heard of!

Wotherspiniesta
28-01-2012, 05:22 PM
All of our defenders should be thorougly embarassed of themselves.

I remember one decent defensive display this season and that was away to Celtic.

WTF do they do all week in training?

We've actually gone beyond a shambles in defence, we're now a complete joke. The 2nd goal last week and the 2nd goal this week are just embarassing.

AlbertK86
28-01-2012, 05:40 PM
the fans have seen it for years .......but the BOARD and MANAGEMENT just dinnae do enough about it

hibsbollah
28-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Its pretty funny though. You have to watch our defence as if youre watching standup.

When you havent got your sense of humour you havent got anything.

Saorsa
29-01-2012, 02:14 AM
This is an original thread.almost as original as your reply!

AlbertK86
29-01-2012, 10:05 AM
I am truly beyond stunned at the complete apathy of the Hibs board.

I believe we are certain for the drop.

PETRIE HAS TO BE REMOVED FROM HIS POSITION.

100 % correct re RODNEY

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Just watched goals again on GOS and if we persist with defenders that can't, won't attack the ball in the air, then we are all wasting our time.

Fergos
29-01-2012, 11:21 AM

Thats the main worry, we don't seem to have a scouting system that has worked since TM...........

Saorsa
29-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Scouting department?

I think that moved west with John Park. That must explain why we signed Sproule, O'Hanlon and De Graaf based on how good they were 5 years ago.

When you think of the money we have wasted on paying up the contracts of pish players early you'd think the board would realise a bit extra investment in getting the right players first time around would be money better spent.This is the guy that took over from him. :agree:

[/URL]http://johnsrambling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/blind-man.gif[URL="http://johnsrambling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/blind-man.gif"] (http://johnsrambling.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/blind-man.gif)

Albion Hibs
29-01-2012, 12:49 PM
We have added a defender, Murray will be back from injury in the next couple of weeks a CH pairing of Murray and McPake would be my favoured and a decent standard. The likes of Hanlon, O'Hanlon and Stephens on the bench/squad gives reasonable depth to get us through the balance of the season.

The bigger issue for me is the midfield. It gives our back four not a bolt of protection, yesterdays first was a good an example as any!

Thereafter mistakes like last weeks 2nd and yesterdays 2nd (common theme!) and more than a few from booth, hart, hanlon have cost us dear. Much more concentration needed, the mentality of just getting shot of it would be more than fine for me.

I would also question Fenlon dropping booth, he sets up one at Dunfermline and scores last week, then gets put onto the bench. I can understand the defensive side of things, and he has not yet cut out his mistakes, but it seems very odd to have him completely out of the starting 11.