PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Matthew Pattison

sundo1875
28-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Says in the sun that paddy fenlon could be set to hand south african Matthew Pattison a short term deal. Doesent say anything about his position

BarneyK
28-01-2012, 08:34 AM
From Wikipedia -

He got his first taste of senior football in a pre-season friendly match against Celtic in August 2004. Post match, the Celtic faithful were going off their heads after Matt proclained that he, "hated them all" and branded them "toothless beggars". :thumbsup:

matty_f
28-01-2012, 08:37 AM
From Wikipedia -

He got his first taste of senior football in a pre-season friendly match against Celtic in August 2004. Post match, the Celtic faithful were going off their heads after Matt proclained that he, "hated them all" and branded them "toothless beggars". :thumbsup:

Sign him now.:agree:

Frankly even if he's gash it's about time the club did something 'just for the banter'...:greengrin

R'Albin
28-01-2012, 08:37 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matty_Pattison

Midfielder... There is a link to a story at the bottom that doesn't work but the headline was "Norwich player caught drink driving in his underwear" Should fit in well then!

Pedantic_Hibee
28-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Did he start off at Newcastle? I recall the name.

R'Albin
28-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Did he start off at Newcastle? I recall the name.

Yep, I know it's bad to judge someone on how they look but going by that and his comments I imagine him as being a tough ball winning midfielder :greengrin

BarneyK
28-01-2012, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=Pedantic_Hibee;3090375]Did he start off at Newcastle? I recall the name.[/QUOTE

Yep, looks like it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
Is he not the bloke from the Twilight Films?

SteveHFC
Yes Please!

Bostonhibby
28-01-2012, 08:42 AM

Midfielder... There is a link to a story at the bottom that doesn't work but the headline was "Norwich player caught drink driving in his underwear" Should fit in well then!

:greengrin Might be able to fill the Garry O'Connor (or insert other name here) Role?

GordonHFC
28-01-2012, 09:10 AM
From Wikipedia -

Wikipedia says the comments were against der Hun but who cares :thumbsup:

BarneyK
28-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Wikipedia says the comments were against der Hun but who cares :thumbsup:

That is even better :thumbsup: Mind you, it wasn't saying that on Wikipedia when I posted it - 'twas a straight Copy and Paste job.

gackohibs
28-01-2012, 09:13 AM
From Wikipedia -

someone has changed it to hating rangers, "toothless tax dodgers" .

someone cant take a joke!

BarneyK
28-01-2012, 09:16 AM
someone has changed it to hating rangers, "toothless tax dodgers" .

someone cant take a joke!

So he cannae decide who he hates the most. That'll do for me :wink: Quick, someone change it to hating the yams and "toothless wage avoiders" and we've got the full set.

bingo70
28-01-2012, 09:29 AM
This boy sounds exactly the sort of raj we need, really hope he said those things about Celtic fans as well

sparkiedelpaco7
28-01-2012, 09:32 AM

hibsfootballer
28-01-2012, 09:38 AM
"He joined Newcastle Youth Academy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_United_F.C.) at the age of fourteen he was the 1st south African to join the kkk."

WTF?

nonshinyfinish
28-01-2012, 09:40 AM
"He joined Newcastle Youth Academy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_United_F.C.) at the age of fourteen he was the 1st south African to join the kkk."

WTF?

That was only added about an hour ago, I assume it's some Celtc goon upset by what the big nasty man said about them.

Leitherhibs
28-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Leeds were having a look but have turned down the chance to sign him.

nonshinyfinish
28-01-2012, 09:43 AM
Same person has now added 'he was also linked with a move to hibs he quickly dismissed the rumours saying "why would I want to move to a **** pit in leith I'd rather stay in a mudhouse in south Africa'.

Deary me, some people must lead awfully empty lives. :rolleyes:

BarneyK
28-01-2012, 09:43 AM
That was only added about an hour ago, I assume it's some Celtc goon upset by what the big nasty man said about them.

Latest from Wiki -

and he was also linked with a move to hibs he quickly dismissed the rumours saying "why would I want to move to a **** pit in leith I'd rather stay in a mudhouse in south Africa .

Therein lies the problem with Wikipedia :rolleyes:

DanHFC1875
28-01-2012, 10:00 AM
Let's be honest, it is just funny. I just hope we manage to get 2 or 3 more in by end of the window that will make a real difference.

The_Todd
28-01-2012, 10:12 AM
From Wikipedia -

That's good enough for me. He's in.

The_Todd
28-01-2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-539308/Norwich-footballer-caught-drunk-wheel-underpants.html

Um, actually on second thoughts maybe not.

Norwich chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "We understand that Matthew Pattison was arrested and has been charged with a drink-drive offence."

A source at Norwich told the Mirror: "Matty is always out clubbing which is why he has got the nickname 'Party'. It's a shame he has a bit of a problem because he is a good player."

GreenPJ
28-01-2012, 10:20 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-539308/Norwich-footballer-caught-drunk-wheel-underpants.html

Norwich chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "We understand that Matthew Pattison was arrested and has been charged with a drink-drive offence."

A source at Norwich told the Mirror: "Matty is always out clubbing which is why he has got the nickname 'Party'. It's a shame he has a bit of a problem because he is a good player."

It is over 3 years old, hopefully he may have grown up by now.

Bayern Bru
28-01-2012, 11:40 AM
The Matty Pattison role.

The Sundance Kid
28-01-2012, 12:05 PM
I know Youtube isn't the most reliable place to find out about a player but he looks like just the sort of player we need in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_-_QKAejxY

Brebners Bookie
28-01-2012, 12:35 PM
From Wikipedia -

Please sign him. Just for the crack. Glasgow Media would HATE him!

Plus he looks like a quality creative midfielder.

hibsfootballer
28-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Just checked his Wiki again, Seems he hates Hearts too now..

Ferryhibby
28-01-2012, 01:53 PM
I know Youtube isn't the most reliable place to find out about a player but he looks like just the sort of player we need in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_-_QKAejxY

the clip goes on for about 8 mins...i only watched about 2 mins and im no manager but a big baldie hard git who can see a pass and runs forward like that is EXACTLY what this bloody team have been missing for years i dont care about his after work life, in fact if he only gets out for weekends and turns up for training in a Reliance van i dont give a **** we need all the help we can get just now and we should be giving him a chance

Brebners Bookie
28-01-2012, 02:01 PM
the clip goes on for about 8 mins...i only watched about 2 mins and im no manager but a big baldie hard git who can see a pass and runs forward like that is EXACTLY what this bloody team have been missing for years i dont care about his after work life, in fact if he only gets out for weekends and turns up for training in a Reliance van i dont give a **** we need all the help we can get just now and we should be giving him a chance

Seconded.
Provided we are actually interested and it's not just the Sun makin stuff up, which is very possible.

Ferryhibby
28-01-2012, 02:08 PM
yeah true but they seem to have been spot on so far......unbelieveable!

Dibben
28-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Would he have been an ex team mate of Ian Murray at Carrow Road?

--------
28-01-2012, 02:24 PM

I'd say he'd fit right in. We've always been at our best when we've had a drunken, half-naked, turning-up-for-training-in-his-underwear, dinnae-ken-which-day-of-the-week-it-is radge in our midfield.

Boring auld grumpy folks ken whit ah mean. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
28-01-2012, 04:02 PM
I've just read he can run - ffs get him in!

Andy74
28-01-2012, 05:13 PM
I've just read he can run - ffs get him in!

Agree!

Sioux
28-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Looks like a wee baldy Scholes. He'd doa job by the looks of it.

Lofarl
29-01-2012, 12:20 PM
"I respect yellow and I will always have respect for dis color. But dis is drawing to much attention, and I don't like it. world cup has *** and gone. So is Pattison. So my point to yellow is to let's dis man go and never *** back. He's heart is no longer yellow."

He is no longer Yellow according to the chap at the bottom of the comments

http://www.kickoff.com/news/26743/matthew-pattison-could-join-scottish-premier-league-club-hibernian.php

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2012, 12:22 PM
He has the look of Jim Goodwin, i'd sign him on that alone.

Wilson
30-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Looks like a wee baldy Scholes. He'd doa job by the looks of it.

Baldness is one thing that would improve Scholes. Let's do it!

spike220
30-01-2012, 07:41 AM
I watched the whole 8min clip on you tube. He has gat a hell of cannon on his left foot, and the Goal Keepers seem to struggle to hold it, which would be a gift to someone like Doyle or GOC. He reminds me of Mixu a wee bit.

I think he would be a good omen to the club playing in yellow previously, he may even bring some sunshine to Leith with him!

GGTTH

Scooter
30-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Looks comfy on the ball and decent passing range

Judas Iscariot
30-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Looks comfy on the ball and decent passing range

Bit like you then son :wink:

Fancy a game the night :cb

McIntosh
30-01-2012, 08:04 AM
I'd say he'd fit right in. We've always been at our best when we've had a drunken, half-naked, turning-up-for-training-in-his-underwear, dinnae-ken-which-day-of-the-week-it-is radge in our midfield.

Boring auld grumpy folks ken whit ah mean. :greengrin

:top marksThat made me laugh out loud and I do know what you mean - very funny comment!!!!