PDA

View Full Version : Ross Caldwell

spike220
28-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Do you think we might get to see what Caldwell can do today? We haven't got anything to lose, PF could just say to the lad go out and enjoy yourself lad and if you get a chance back yourself. I dont think it would damage his confidence if we lost the game. But if ever there was a time to blood him then surly this is it.

Hibs till I die!!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Personally I'm not in favour of throwing youngsters in to the frying pan that is Ipox, if he has a poor game his confidence may suffer, perhaps the last 15 minutes but no the whole game

dirtydirk
28-01-2012, 09:19 AM
I would give him a chance. He's a big physical forward who would shake the rangers defence up. Comes across as a big of a radge as well

Golden Bear
28-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Personally I'm not in favour of throwing youngsters in to the frying pan that is Ipox, if he has a poor game his confidence may suffer, perhaps the last 15 minutes but no the whole game

On the other hand he's nothing to lose and everything to gain. It all depends on the guy's character and hopefully he's strong enough to rise to the challenge.

Go for it I'd say.

Franck is God
28-01-2012, 09:40 AM
I am all for giving youth a chance but to ask an 18 year old striker with a grand total 5 minutes of first team action to lead the line by himself at Ibrox is simply unfair.

Doyle will start up front today and if we are still in the game and have a chance to win or take a point and we need a goal the young Ross may be asked to do a job from the bench alongside Doyle for 20 minutes.

matty_f
28-01-2012, 09:41 AM
On the other hand he's nothing to lose and everything to gain. It all depends on the guy's character and hopefully he's strong enough to rise to the challenge.

Go for it I'd say.

I agree with you.

If Caldwell's good enough to be considered for the first team then he should be trusted to cope with Ibrox. It's not like it used to be anyway, Ibrox - like most SPL grounds nowadays - is pretty much silent for most of the game.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Give him a go. If he gets shoved around for the whole game and doesn't get a goal, then so what. Not far from what most centre forwards get at Ibrox.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm sure he will be in the squad

Sammy7nil
28-01-2012, 09:55 AM
If I were Ross I would not be happy with this - Hibs interested in Jonathan Crosgrove - 19 year old from Fulham.
Surely players at Hibs should get a chance before bringing in untested 19yr olds ?

Golden Bear
28-01-2012, 09:58 AM
If I were Ross I would not be happy with this - Hibs interested in Jonathan Crosgrove - 19 year old from Fulham.
Surely players at Hibs should get a chance before bringing in untested 19yr olds ?

We need cover for Ross in the Under 19 team. :wink:

BarneyK
28-01-2012, 09:59 AM

I would think the guy is being brought in for the future and complements Ross Caldwell rather than replaces him.

Franck is God
28-01-2012, 10:05 AM

For one it is only a rumour in a paper so probably not true and also both O'Connor and Griffiths could leave at the end of the season leaving us with Doyle and a couple of strikers that are maybe ready to step up from the under 19's.

Sammy7nil
28-01-2012, 10:09 AM
For one it is only a rumour in a paper so probably not true and also both O'Connor and Griffiths could leave at the end of the season leaving us with Doyle and a couple of strikers that are maybe ready to step up from the under 19's.

If that does happen the boy is 19 and untested do you think he will be the answer? or do we need a bit of experience.
I cant recall any 19yr leading the line in the SPL and doing well and that includes ecellent players like Kenny Miller.

Franck is God
28-01-2012, 10:26 AM
If that does happen the boy is 19 and untested do you think he will be the answer? or do we need a bit of experience.
I cant recall any 19yr leading the line in the SPL and doing well and that includes ecellent players like Kenny Miller.

Personally I hope that we can extend O'Connor's contract and sign Griffiths permanently and along with Doyle will be our first choice strikers next season. Both Caldwell and Handling will be best part of another year older, have some first team experience and maybe a loan spell to get a few starts and first team level.

The kid Crosgrove should he sign may be untested but it is difficult to get into a Prem first team, he has a bit of first team experience out on loan and is probably a year ahead of our under 19's development wise.

If he does sign and Garry and Leigh leave in the summer then I would hope we would look to bring in replacements for them and not rely solely on teenagers to get goals for us.