27-01-2012, 08:39 PM
McCourt - Loan
Sutton - sign with a proper offer
Another experienced no nonsense CH -sign

Let's hear everybody else's

Would be nice

Andy74
27-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Anyone that fits into the team and plays well. Who cares who they are.

Forza Fred
27-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Sutton looks likely to joni Central Coast Mariners in Australia on loan to the end of their season.

A couple of things here

It appears to be a trend that players will quite happily swap the rigours of the SPL for the A League...ie liam Miller..so the SPL's standningmay be even lower (comparatively speaking) than some on here think

and

CCM actually did thier homework on who they should get to replace their striker (Matty Simon) who just left to go to Korea on a big offer..and came up wth Sutton as a replacement as he was seen as a similar type plyer.

Now if a so called 'small' club can quickly do their research and identify players on the other side of the world fairly quickly ..makes me wonder why SPL teams can't be as diligent in their scouting duties.

ScottB
27-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Anyone that fits into the team and plays well. Who cares who they are.

100% this.

A well known name will be, at best, a short term blip if they don't do the business. I'd take 3 players from the Highland League if it meant they came in and we started winning.

Ultimately, the only way to restore faith and lift the whole club is to have a winning team, and that doesn't require some headline making names to do it.

sesoim
27-01-2012, 11:39 PM
If we are limited to three, I'd want another CB, a LB (to allow Booth to play on the left wing) and a CF. I don't really care who they are as long as they improve the team. But one "big" name Sauzee type signing to get the fans excited could do the club a lot of good.

Iain G
28-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Sutton looks likely to joni Central Coast Mariners in Australia on loan to the end of their season.

A couple of things here

It appears to be a trend that players will quite happily swap the rigours of the SPL for the A League...ie liam Miller..so the SPL's standningmay be even lower (comparatively speaking) than some on here think

and

CCM actually did thier homework on who they should get to replace their striker (Matty Simon) who just left to go to Korea on a big offer..and came up wth Sutton as a replacement as he was seen as a similar type plyer.

Now if a so called 'small' club can quickly do their research and identify players on the other side of the world fairly quickly ..makes me wonder why SPL teams can't be as diligent in their scouting duties.

Could easily have just been mentioned to the management team by Michael McGlinchey of course given they played together at Motherwell. :agree:

AlbertK86
28-01-2012, 03:35 AM
100% this.

A well known name will be, at best, a short term blip if they don't do the business. I'd take 3 players from the Highland League if it meant they came in and we started winning.

Ultimately, the only way to restore faith and lift the whole club is to have a winning team, and that doesn't require some headline making names to do it.

Aye Sauzee, Latapy and Mixu never really gave the club a lift

Iain G
28-01-2012, 03:44 AM
Aye Sauzee, Latapy and Mixu never really gave the club a lift

How about 3 former stars who fancy another spell at Easter Road? I would go for O'Connor, Ian Murray and Ivan if we could entice such quality back that would be a major boost would it not and surely couldn't fail....

Beefster
28-01-2012, 06:40 AM
How about 3 former stars who fancy another spell at Easter Road? I would go for O'Connor, Ian Murray and Ivan if we could entice such quality back that would be a major boost would it not and surely couldn't fail....

Ian Murray was brilliant for the first year and a half or so IMO. He's just stuck around too long after that.

Some of us feared that Sproule would be a bad signing, considering that he wasn't that great first time around.

O'Connor's been 50/50 since he came back though and is still one of the top scorers in the SPL.

PaulSmith
28-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Danny Swanson, Johnny Hayes are two who are ( or should be) realistic targets.
Both wingers who would excite, add some excitement and give the club a lift.

brydekirk
28-01-2012, 07:16 AM
I would like to see us go the celtic keeper, the one the got from Dundee United. (cant remember his name)

JohnScott
28-01-2012, 07:35 AM
[QUOTE=Andy74;3090154]Anyone that fits into the team and plays well. Who cares who they are.[/QUOTE

And you really feel like that as we fill our team with guys who can't get games at their own clubs? Great if it works but if they do turn it on they'll be off back down the road in may. If we do get relegated what then? No more loan signings till the next season starts. No wonder we're in a mess.

Andy74
28-01-2012, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE]Anyone that fits into the team and plays well. Who cares who they are.
And you really feel like that as we fill our team with guys who can't get games at their own clubs? Great if it works but if they do turn it on they'll be off back down the road in may. If we do get relegated what then? No more loan signings till the next season starts. No wonder we're in a mess.

As mentioned above its all about the team doing better. The names or reputations are irrelevant.

Franck is God
28-01-2012, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=Andy74;3090154]Anyone that fits into the team and plays well. Who cares who they are.[/QUOTE

All the players that we have signed on loan are unlikely to feature for their parent clubs after this season, maybe Francome could as he is still young but McPake was replaced by Coventry, Soares wasn't named in the 25 for the Prem and his contract runs out in the summer, Griffiths has been told has no future at Wolves and Towell's contract with celtic runs out in the summer too.

If these players do well between now and the end of the season it's true they may end up somewhere else but there is also every possibity that they will be at Hibs next season too.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Lionel Messi - Spanish midfielder with an eye for goal. He might know the waiter at Homfc so hopefully he'd settle in quickly.

Gareth Bale - Left wing back originally from the valleys. He might be unsettled living away from his celtic homeland and a move to Scotland might be right up his street. A proper offer would secure him, imo.

David Silva - Worth a punt? Could he do a job for us?

Pretty Boy
28-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Lionel Messi - Spanish midfielder with an eye for goal. He might know the waiter at Homfc so hopefully he'd settle in quickly.

Gareth Bale - Left wing back originally from the valleys. He might be unsettled living away from his celtic homeland and a move to Scotland might be right up his street. A proper offer would secure him, imo.

Too small.

Not good enough defensively.

Over rated.

Leitherhibs
28-01-2012, 09:39 AM
McCourt
Hayes
Sean St Ledger - loan deal

HibeeSince85
28-01-2012, 10:07 AM

Messi is Argentinian, do your homework man, makes me think this is just Greggs:wink:

Rossco1875
28-01-2012, 10:09 AM
I was talking about McCourt to a celtic fan from work yesterday and leeds were after him but lennon sayed no so I dont think there is much chance of him letting Mccourt leave to a team in the same leauge.