PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen's signings

The Sea-gull
27-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Steven Hughes, Mark Reynolds and Russell Anderson.

All players who would have vastly improved our squad. All players we have been linked with at some point. All players who are proven in the SPL and know what is required of them. All players we could probably afford.

These are the sort of players we should be signing IMHO. Not those from England who have barely kicked a ball in years or have little experience.

I know there are four days left and we might sign what is required but with the board's recent track record, i doubt it. I don't really trust PF one way or the other as I have very little to base my opinion of him but I do think I am entitled to be a bit pesimistic about the board when it comes to transfers and for everyone who says there are four days of the window left, there have been 27 days of it elapsed.

I fully expect the sun shines out the Hibs board's backsides its the fans fault for moaning brigade to be on to tell me it will all be fine.

Aberdeen were as bad as us a few weeks back but seem to have sorted themselves out. Maybe we can do the same.

CallumLaidlaw
27-01-2012, 06:51 PM
You think those three had played a lot of games recently?

john18722
27-01-2012, 06:51 PM

All players who would have vastly improved our squad. All players we have been linked with at some point. All players who are proven in the SPL and know what is required of them. All players we could probably afford.

These are the sort of players we should be signing IMHO. Not those from England who have barely kicked a ball in years or have little experience.

I know there are four days left and we might sign what is required but with the board's recent track record, i doubt it. I don't really trust PF one way or the other as I have very little to base my opinion of him but I do think I am entitled to be a bit pesimistic about the board when it comes to transfers and for everyone who says there are four days of the window left, there have been 27 days of it elapsed.

I fully expect the sun shines out the Hibs board's backsides its the fans fault for moaning brigade to be on to tell me it will all be fine.

Aberdeen were as bad as us a few weeks back but seem to have sorted themselves out. Maybe we can do the same.

Whilst I note your point surely it would be worth waiting to say the above until after we have seen our new signings in action?

PeterboroHibee
27-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Reynolds is a brilliant signing, cant believe they got him. The other two, meh. Sure Anderson isnt even fit.

Andy74
27-01-2012, 06:57 PM

Eh, not much in it with McPake and the defenders they have signed, Anderson will still be out for months.

I guess if Aberdeen had signed Doyle, Soars and Francome their good points will have been played up.

Oh, and like St mirren we kept Griffiths. Aberdeen were interested you know. Doyle too.

The Sea-gull
27-01-2012, 07:00 PM
You think those three had played a lot of games recently?

Fair point. Don't think Anderson and Hughes have not sure about Reynolds. Certainly shoots down part of my post which I acknowledge.

No doubt they have all done well in the spl, know the league and what is required though. We could really do with this kind of experience right now and all would have enhanced our squad.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Anderson will not get into double figures for appearances IMO. He knees and ankles won't stand the tattie field pitches and jumping for high baws. Stephen Hughes might turn out decent, but the cut of him on that TV clip the night shows that he could do with a pre-season and might leave his fight in the gym he if goes for it too hard. Letting players get match fit, in actual games that count is a surefire recipe for defeat. Reynolds looks decent though.

The Sea-gull
27-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Eh, not much in it with McPake and the defenders they have signed, Anderson will still be out for months.

I guess if Aberdeen had signed Doyle, Soars and Francome their good points will have been played up.

Oh, and like St mirren we kept Griffiths. Aberdeen were interested you know. Doyle too.

Not by me. We don't need unproven players right now and if they had gone elsewhere I would have not looked at them and thought "we could do with those sort of players."

Sorry, I know it is hard for some to take and I admire you for your unwavering support as you do seem to always come on and defend the club and current regime to the hilt but many clubs are doing better things than us right now.

Andy74
27-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Not by me. We don't need unproven players right now and if they had gone elsewhere I would have not looked at them and thought "we could do with those sort of players."

Sorry, I know it is hard for some to take and I admire you for your unwavering support as you do seem to always come on and defend the club and current regime to the hilt but many clubs are doing better things than us right now.

I'll believe you.

The Sea-gull
27-01-2012, 08:45 PM
I'll believe you.

Despite what you and many others seem to think, those of us who are posting negative (i prefer realistic) are not enjoying doing so but are we not entitled to express an honest view on these sort of forums. There is not a lot of positives to take right now. Posters are being accused of being desperate to have a pop etc. Not the case with me. Just so frustrated just now. I could easily turn round and say that some folk are desperate to see positives that are just not there right now.

AlbertK86
27-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Yep got to agree would take Hughes and Reynolds in a flash. Hughes creativity better than Rae.

Hopeful Soares and McPake will help but still reckon we need at least another CH and creative midfielder. Not huddin ma breath the way so many are falling by the way side

SMAXXA
27-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Despite what you and many others seem to think, those of us who are posting negative (i prefer realistic) are not enjoying doing so but are we not entitled to express an honest view on these sort of forums. There is not a lot of positives to take right now. Posters are being accused of being desperate to have a pop etc. Not the case with me. Just so frustrated just now. I could easily turn round and say that some folk are desperate to see positives that are just not there right now.

I call signing a centre half, a right back, a midfielder and 2 strikers in January positives, they as yet cannot be negatives as we have not seen some of them play enough or at all so why be negative? The very fact we appear to have asddressed positions where we all felt we needed to im sure can be seen as positive, wether they turn out to be any good for Hibs remains to be seen.

I think you will also find it is alot harder trying to be positive just now with Hibs so to be as negative as some for me is the easy option.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2012, 09:09 PM
How does anyone know Hughes is still the player he was when he left Motherwell? He's hardly played much recently, and just failed a trial with them too.

Anderson plays once every hayleys comet appearance. Reynolds cant get a game with Shef Wed, Rob Jones is keeping him out, and he was crap apparently?

I'd like more players in, but i dont think those 3 are any great shakes. Reynolds maybe, but the other 2 will spend more time on the sidelines than actually contributing imo.

Famous5forever
27-01-2012, 09:16 PM

I am new on here having been through this before i feel our new manager has signed the players to kep us up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WhhSBgd3KI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WhhSBgd3KI

stantonhibby
27-01-2012, 09:23 PM
How does anyone know Hughes is still the player he was when he left Motherwell? He's hardly played much recently, and just failed a trial with them too.

Anderson plays once every hayleys comet appearance. Reynolds cant get a game with Shef Wed, Rob Jones is keeping him out, and he was crap apparently?

I'd like more players in, but i dont think those 3 are any great shakes. Reynolds maybe, but the other 2 will spend more time on the sidelines than actually contributing imo.

:top marks

shagpile
27-01-2012, 09:43 PM

Would have taken Reynolds. Anderson is at the end of his career & struggles to get fit[not stay fit!]. Hughes has been up for grabs for a while now & there has been little interest. Paw Broon thinks he has signed the Hughes of 5 years ago. He hasn't.

500miles
28-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Is this the same Reynolds who looked to be developing into a great defender - with Rangers showing interest. His form dipped bit, and Rangers stopped tracking his progress. He ended up at Sheffield Wednesday, currently languishing in the lower reaches of League 1. He has been deemed as "Not good enough" for that calibre of club. :rolleyes:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Not sure the ins and outs but I am sure that when Gary Megson took over at Sheff Wed he had already made his mind up about Reynolds so they don't see eye to eye. In the light of Megson's comments this week about Bolton fans, he is maybe the type of boy to personalise things and hold a grudge.

Spike Mandela
28-01-2012, 03:14 PM
Now added Rae to the list of signings. Nobody can predict how signings work out but I would have felt a lot better about a relegation battle if we had signed at least 3 of that 4. Ho hum.

Cropley10
28-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Now added Rae to the list of signings. Nobody can predict how signings work out but I would have felt a lot better about a relegation battle if we had signed at least 3 of that 4. Ho hum.

Perhaps PF didn't fancy them? :dunno:

Spike Mandela
28-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Perhaps PF didn't fancy them? :dunno:

Perhaps, not suggesting Hibs were even interested in 3 of them. Just saying Aberdeen can be quite pleased with their January dealings.

The_Horde
28-01-2012, 04:12 PM

Rae and Anderson have aberdeen ties and Hughes and Reynolds know Brown well from their time at motherwell. Nothing to see here!

King Paddy
28-01-2012, 08:20 PM

The board at Aberdeen have shown much more ambition than our present incumbents Petrie and co including our saviour Farmer.

King Paddy
28-01-2012, 08:22 PM
;3091082']Rae and Anderson have aberdeen ties and Hughes and Reynolds know Brown well from their time at motherwell. Nothing to see here!

According to sportscene Gavin Rae has joined Aberdeen how many more decent players will we miss out on.

greenlex
28-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Would have taken Reynolds. Anderson is at the end of his career & struggles to get fit[not stay fit!]. Hughes has been up for grabs for a while now & there has been little interest. Paw Broon thinks he has signed the Hughes of 5 years ago. He hasn't.

Is this the same Reynolds who looked to be developing into a great defender - with Rangers showing interest. His form dipped bit, and Rangers stopped tracking his progress. He ended up at Sheffield Wednesday, currently languishing in the lower reaches of League 1. He has been deemed as "Not good enough" for that calibre of club. :rolleyes:

How can this be? :confused: These signings are considered ambition in certain quarters. See posts above.

Gala Foxes
28-01-2012, 08:24 PM
if they (Aberdeen) get Gavin Rae good luck to them - have never rated the guy and missing out on him is no loss

Andy74
28-01-2012, 08:26 PM
The board at Aberdeen have shown much more ambition than our present incumbents Petrie and co including our saviour Farmer.

Okay then.

Sir David Gray
28-01-2012, 08:28 PM
;3091082']Rae and Anderson have aberdeen ties and Hughes and Reynolds know Brown well from their time at motherwell. Nothing to see here!

Stephen Hughes had already left Motherwell by a number of months before Brown had taken over as manager.

King Paddy
28-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Okay then.

Don't agree hard working midfielder decent playerIMO.

Golden Bear
28-01-2012, 08:30 PM
It's a funny old game as they say. How ironic that some Dons fans are citing the signing of Rae as proof that their Club have no ambition!

The_Horde
28-01-2012, 08:40 PM
According to sportscene Gavin Rae has joined Aberdeen how many more decent players will we miss out on.

He's an aberdeen fan apparently.

Gordy M
28-01-2012, 08:44 PM
It's a funny old game as they say. How ironic that some Dons fans are citing the signing of Rae as proof that their Club have no ambition!

To be honest there hasnt been many players signed in this window, by any team, that would be seen as a 'marquee' signing. Hughes couldn't get a game for motherwell and rae isnt everyones cup of tea. I'm certainly not bothered that we didn't sign either. Im sure neither would have been on anyones list of players they wanted to see at hibs??

It just seems a way to critisize hibs if we don't sign someone that other teams sign.