PDA

View Full Version : Team for Tomorrow?

007 Mickey Weir
27-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Ok unless we sign some world class players in the next few hours my thoughts on tomorrows team are -

5-4-1

---------------Brown------------------

------Stephens McPake Hanlon-------

Francomb------------------------Stevenson
------------Spoony---Osbourne--------------
-----Soares-----------------Sproule--------
-----------------Doyle--------------------

Subs

Stack
Hart
O'Hanlon
Booth
Galbraith
Scott (or Stanton)
Caldwell

Thoughts??

addym1
27-01-2012, 02:01 PM
I wonder what approach Fenlonw will take tommorow with our two main strikers out, we must attack and put rangers under pressure can't see them scoring goals with there injurys ESP jelly out ,

Stack/brown
Hanlon Stephens mcpake murray
Stevenson
sproule/Galbraith Ozzy Soares Booth
Doyle

Jones28
27-01-2012, 02:09 PM
GK (either or)
Francombe Mcpake Stephens Hanlon
Sproule Stevenson Soares Osbourne Booth
Doyle

Jones28
27-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Ok unless we sign some world class players in the next few hours my thoughts on tomorrows team are -

5-4-1

Subs

Stack
Hart
O'Hanlon
Booth
Galbraith
Scott (or Stanton)
Caldwell

Thoughts??

Would go with that also :agree:

Pretty Boy
27-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Brown

Francombe
McPake
Stephens
Hanlon

Soares
Stevenson
Osbourne
Wotherspoon
Booth

Doyle

SteveHFC
27-01-2012, 02:18 PM
Zibi
Whittaker
Hogg
Smith
Murphy
Beuzelin
Stewart
Brown
Thomson
Shiels
O'Connor

Subs:
Simon Brown
Glass
Fletcher
Sproule
Konte
Morrow
Rudge

Andy74
27-01-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd think

Brown

Hart
O'Hanlon
McPake
Hanlon

Francomb
Osbourne
Soars
Stevenson
Sproule

Doyle

Hibernia Na Eir
27-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Is McPake fit to start?

green glory
27-01-2012, 02:26 PM
GK (either or)
Doyle

As above except Stack in goals, also drop Sproule for Spoony. Bring Sproule on 15 mins from the end. Francomb in RB is a must for tomorrow I think. Cannae make it tomorrow though, being dragged to a christening in Ingerlandshire. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2012, 02:28 PM

5-4-1

Subs

Stack
Hart
O'Hanlon
Booth
Galbraith
Scott (or Stanton)
Caldwell

Thoughts??

Galbraith is injured....

Golden Bear
27-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Galbraith is injured....

Again?!

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Again?!

Yip out for 10 days according to official site

007 Mickey Weir
27-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Galbraith is injured....

Sorry didnt know that. well Stanton on the bench then.

Mcpake has just played 2or3 matches for Coventry so is match fit. Has to start.

I wouldn't play Hart and Francomb. hart is too slow so Francomb gets the nod from me. More of an attacking RB.

Rangers will play 4-5-1 so we can crowd out the midfield where they are stronger.

Big ask for Doyle to play loan striker. But no other choice.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I wonder what approach Fenlonw will take tommorow with our two main strikers out, we must attack and put rangers under pressure can't see them scoring goals with there injurys ESP jelly out ,

Stack/brown
Hanlon Stephens mcpake murray
Stevenson
sproule/Galbraith Ozzy Soares Booth
Doyle

Have you seen our defence recently?

I hope James McPake will play and make a difference tomorrow but I don't think there's any way that they won't score against us tomorrow, even without Jelavic.

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Sorry didnt know that. well Stanton on the bench then.

Mcpake has just played 2or3 matches for Coventry so is match fit. Has to start.

I wouldn't play Hart and Francomb. hart is too slow so Francomb gets the nod from me. More of an attacking RB.

Rangers will play 4-5-1 so we can crowd out the midfield where they are stronger.

Big ask for Doyle to play loan striker. But no other choice.

Yeah think Doyle will be lone striker tomorrow, maybe give Caldwell last 15 minutes to see what he can bring to the party?

stokesmessiah
GK (either or)
Doyle

This team is in essence ok but the one concern is if we are going forward and Soares and Osbourne go up to support they are going to have to get back a hell of a quickly if we lose the ball. Bottome line is Sproule won't be there putting a tackle thus leaving booth and stevenson to keep der hun from running straight through at our fragile defence.

bigwheel

5-4-1

Subs

Stack
Hart
O'Hanlon
Booth
Galbraith
Scott (or Stanton)
Caldwell

Thoughts??

Id play Stack instead of Brown, but otherwise as good a selection as we have got

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Is McPake fit to start?

yes

Golden Bear
27-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Yip out for 10 days according to official site

Injuries are going to blight Danny's career by the looks of it.

He played well last week when he come on as a "sub" but he's another player who has not progressed as much as expected.

Sir David Gray
27-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Brown

Booth
Hanlon
McPake
Francomb

Sproule
Soares
Osbourne
Stevenson
Wotherspoon

Doyle

SUBS

Stack
Hart
O'Hanlon
Scott
Stanton
Caldwell
Sodje

Daz1875
27-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I thought Hanlon was suspended ????

GGTTH

5-4-1

Subs

Stack
Hart
O'Hanlon
Booth
Galbraith
Scott (or Stanton)
Caldwell

Thoughts??

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I thought Hanlon was suspended ????

GGTTH

I thought that too, but PF mentions on website that Murray and Galbraith both injured, and GOC and LG both suspended........Maybe an oversight but I thought it was in Weds Evening News re Hanlon

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2012, 02:58 PM
I thought that too, but PF mentions on website that Murray and Galbraith both injured, and GOC and LG both suspended........Maybe an oversight but I thought it was in Weds Evening News re Hanlon

Just checked, Hanlon suspended for visit of Aberdeen on February 11...

PatHead
27-01-2012, 02:59 PM

Thought he was available this week but suspended for following league match

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Thought he was available this week but suspended for following league match

You are right Pat

PatHead
27-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Expect to see something like

Brown

Hart
McPake
Stephens
Hanlon

Soares
Stevenson
Osborne
Booth
Sproule

Doyle

At The Edge
27-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I just hope that we don't just play the hoooooofball up to Doyle, i get the feeling he isn't that kind of striker. put the ball to his feet and it looks like he has decent control and a few tricks.

Brown/Stack

Francomb
McPake
Stephens (even though he had a howler last week, enough there to suggest that he's a decent player)
Hanlon

Spoonie
Soares
Ozzy
Stevenson
Booth

Doyle

carnoustiehibee
27-01-2012, 03:11 PM
since this is a no lose for fenlon tomo, expected to get beat anyway. i hope he'll spring a surprise with either sodje or young fringe players getting chances.

stack

francombe ohanlon mcpake booth

wotherspoon osbourne scott stevenson

doyle sodje

subs- stack, hanlon,stanton, caldwell,soares,sproule,

Sylar
27-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I thought Sodje was away on trial with some club in Belgium? :confused:

Andy74
27-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah think Doyle will be loan striker tomorrow, maybe give Caldwell last 15 minutes to see what he can bring to the party?

I think he is the only one who is not on loan.

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2012, 03:22 PM
I think he is the only one who is not on loan.

Haha very good, I had to read my original post to ensure I had not made an erse of myself. I had of course, if only I could spell....:wink:

carnoustiehibee
27-01-2012, 03:28 PM
I thought Sodje was away on trial with some club in Belgium? :confused:

ah, i didnt know that. och well soares for sodje then 4-5-1

BT58
27-01-2012, 03:40 PM
BROWN

HART McPAKE STEPHENS HANLON

FRANCOMBE OSBOURNE [CAPTAIN] STEVENSON SOARES

SPROULE

DOYLE
take any result in our favour tomorrow!!!!!!
but as the huns are trailing the tic by 4 points expect a few dodgy pens going to them
bt

Ferryhibby
27-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Me personally sounds negative but every points a prisoner so i would put the few hard working taclers in midfield stevenson,ozzy soares, francomb and booth leave doyle upfront maybe hope for a break but shut up shop and hope for a point, if we get anything from this itl b a bonus but think theyl get a pen or an offside goal somewhere

R'Albin
27-01-2012, 03:44 PM
.................................................. ........Stack(captain)............................ ...............................

Spoony...............................Stephens..... .................Mcpake........................... ................Hanlon

.................................................. ........Stevenson................................. ................................

Francombe......................................... .........Osbourne................................. ....................Booth

.................................................. .........Soares................................... ..................................

.................................................. .........Doyle.................................... ...................................

Edit-Forgot Francombe..

:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Don't know why but I have a really good feeling about tomorrow, come away with a point at least.......

PatHead
27-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Wonder who will take their penalty?

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Brown

Francombe
McPake
Stephens
Hanlon

Soares
Stevenson
Osbourne
Wotherspoon
Booth

Doyle

yup, looks best we got!!! wouldn't let sproule near my side!!! I'd be inclined to play hart as well. don't think he merits being dropped.

brydekirk
27-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Good selection OP, Sproule has been crap lately but since were playing Rankers i'd leave him in.

thebakerboy
27-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Don't understand why anyone would even consider having Sproule any where near the first team squad after his last few outings , would be better playing one short. So more or less any other 11 will suite me as long as they roll up their sleeves and get stuck in 'causethis Rangers team is no great shakes and a point would be good.:pfgwa

Brebners Bookie
27-01-2012, 05:20 PM
.....................Stack

Francombe McPake Stephens Hanlon

..................Stevenson

............Soares ..........Ozzy

Spoony ...............................Booth

.......................Doyle

GreenPJ
27-01-2012, 05:25 PM
.....................Stack

Francombe McPake Stephens Hanlon

..................Stevenson

............Soares ..........Ozzy

Spoony ...............................Booth

.......................Doyle

:agree: Although would swap Soares and Spoony position. Stack or Brown in goals not that fussed.

scoopyboy
27-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Don't understand why anyone would even consider having Sproule any where near the first team squad after his last few outings , would be better playing one short. So more or less any other 11 will suite me as long as they roll up their sleeves and get stuck in 'causethis Rangers team is no great shakes and a point would be good.:pfgwa

He's scored more goals at Ibrox than David Healy has, and it looks like he will start for the auld cream buns.

Other than that I can't come up with anything.

yekimevol
27-01-2012, 07:02 PM
stack
framcomb mcpake stephens booth
sproule soares osborne wortherspoon scott
doyle

Ultrabee1-0
27-01-2012, 07:09 PM
stack.

wotherspoon. mcparke. hanlon. booth.

francombe. ozzy. stevenson. soures. sproule.

doyle.

:hibees:pfgwa:flag:

Carheenlea
27-01-2012, 07:10 PM
.................................Stack, Brown

Francome, Hart, Wotherspoon, McPake, Stephens, O`Hanlon, Hanlon, Booth

......................................Doyle

Wotherspiniesta
27-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Brown

Hart McPake Stephens Hanlon

Wotherspoon Ozzy Stevenson Booth

Caldwell Doyle

Subs: Stack Forster Soares Stanton Francomb Sproule Handling

Booth and Wotherspoon can help out our full backs, and if we can frustrate them for the first 30 minutes or so, I actually think we could nick something here. If Booth starts at LB, I think he'll have a very hard time coping with Aluko.

SMAXXA
27-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Im astonished at the amount of people that have Stack in goals over Brown, IMO he had one of his best games for Hibs against St J and kept us in the game on a number of occasions, he should retain the jersey until a point he ****s up.

stokesmessiah
27-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Brown

Hart McPake Stephens Hanlon

Wotherspoon Ozzy Stevenson Booth

Caldwell Doyle

Subs: Stack Forster Soares Stanton Francomb Sproule Handling

Booth and Wotherspoon can help out our full backs, and if we can frustrate them for the first 30 minutes or so, I actually think we could nick something here. If Booth starts at LB, I think he'll have a very hard time coping with Aluko.

Why?? Aluko is guff!!

TRIALIST
27-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Im astonished at the amount of people that have Stack in goals over Brown, IMO he had one of his best games for Hibs against St J and kept us in the game on a number of occasions, he should retain the jersey until a point he ****s up.

Cant see Brown being dropped, its his turn in goals and has done nowt wrong. On the strength of Pat looking for more experience in the team and that its Ibrox, I think Hart will be retained and O'Hanlon in for Stephens. Hanlon in for Booth at left back. I think Doyle is the sort who needs someone to play off or with up front rather than being on his own therefor we might see Dee Wotherspoon behind him.

MY TEAM
Brown - Hart O'Hanlon McPake Hanlon--Soares Osbourne Stevenson Booth---Wotherspoon Doyle.
Cant see Sproule getting a start but that might be wishfull thinking.

Looking forward to going there tomorrow, who ever Pat plays they will need my support and its an act of defiance.

erin go bragh
27-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Agree with you baker boy, but still think bringing ivan on with 20 to go is worth a bash .

ggtth

AlbertK86
27-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Brown

Hart
Stephens
McPake
Hanlon

Francombe
Ozzy
Stevenson
Booth

Soares

Doyle

Subs

Stack
O'Hanlon
Spoon
Stanton
Scott
Sproute
Caldwell

1-1 Doyle for the Hibees

GGTTH

Wotherspiniesta
27-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Why?? Aluko is guff!!

He's inconsistent.

But on his day, he's a massive danger.

S.sct
27-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Stack

Francomb Stephens McPake Hanlon

Osborne

Spoony Scott Soares

Doyle

Sproule

Nae subbies required......

SMAXXA
27-01-2012, 09:17 PM
He's inconsistent.

I agree, the very thought of him running at Hanlon if he plays left back worries me, mind Booth aswell right enough

Feed McGraw
27-01-2012, 10:08 PM

Opinions are amazing eh ? If there`s one place I would play Sproule, it`s Ibrox, course and distance and all that.

What I don`t understand are all the people who continue to pick Paul Hanlon in the team, he`s been poor for about as long as I remember.

Sylar
27-01-2012, 10:17 PM
He's inconsistent.

He's been pretty consistent since moving to Ibrox and he'll cause no end of grief tomorrow.

Can't say I'm confident...

.Sean.
27-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Stack

Francombe
McPake
Stephens
Hanlon

Soares
Osbourne
Stevenson
Booth

Caldwell
Doyle

mjh
27-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Cant see Brown being dropped, its his turn in goals and has done nowt wrong. On the strength of Pat looking for more experience in the team and that its Ibrox, I think Hart will be retained and O'Hanlon in for Stephens. Hanlon in for Booth at left back. I think Doyle is the sort who needs someone to play off or with up front rather than being on his own therefor we might see Dee Wotherspoon behind him.

MY TEAM
Brown - Hart O'Hanlon McPake Hanlon--Soares Osbourne Stevenson Booth---Wotherspoon Doyle.
Cant see Sproule getting a start but that might be wishfull thinking.

Looking forward to going there tomorrow, who ever Pat plays they will need my support and its an act of defiance.

thats just about right - experience and last weeks failures will see o'hanlon replace Stephens

Green Cabbage 7
27-01-2012, 11:28 PM
My team for today:

1 stack
2 Hart
3 Stevenson
4 O'hanlon
5 Mcpake
6 Osbourne
7 Francomb/ Towell
8 Stephens
9 Doyle
10 Soares

2. 4. 5. 3

7. 6. 8. 10. 11

11 Sproule

SteveHFC
27-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Brown

Francomb
McPake
Stephens
Hanlon

Soares
Osbourne
Stevenson
Wotherspoon
Booth

Doyle

IWasThere2016
28-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Jellywitch is out for them :thumbsup:

Wee lamb has a bug - or is aboot to be selt!

stokesmessiah
28-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Jellywitch is out for them :thumbsup:

Wee lamb has a bug - or is aboot to be selt!

Suspect strongly that it's the latter despite big Ally's claims to the contrary on the news!

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Stack

Hart McPake O'Hanlon Hanlon

Sproule Soares Osbourne Francombe Booth

Doyle

duffers
28-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Was thinking that too. He's offered us nothing recently. For me, it would be.

Stack

Francombe Stephens McPake hanlon

Spoony soares osbourne stevenson booth

Doyle

But I think fenlon will start with

Brown

Hart McPake hanlon booth

Francombe Stevenson osbourne soares sproule

Doyle.

Baker9
28-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Expect to see something like

Brown

Hart
McPake
Stephens
Hanlon

Soares
Stevenson
Osborne
Booth
Sproule

Doyle

I would settle for that as our strongest possible team (assuming McPake and Soares are an improvement). I don't see the manager dropping Hart and on recent performances he shouldn't.