PDA

View Full Version : Yams No further action!

Gus Fring
27-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Just seen on twitter that the SPL will take no further action for non payment of players.

SPL bottling it again. If my employer did that to me 4 months on the bounce I'd be going mental.

Spike Mandela
27-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Just seen on twitter that the SPL will take no further action for non payment of players.

SPL bottling it again. If my employer did that to me 4 months on the bounce I'd be going mental.

Not even suspended sanction?:confused:

SRHibs
27-01-2012, 12:34 PM
To be honest, the actual thing they were charged with was a bit of a joke. So non-specific, and could've been to applied to more than just Hearts.

Saorsa
27-01-2012, 12:35 PM

SPL bottling it again. If my employer did that to me 4 months on the bounce I'd be going mental.I wonder what they'll not do if it happens again. :rolleyes:

all gob and nae breeks

IWasThere2016
27-01-2012, 12:36 PM

Was told the SPL could not deduct points .. but I did expect a fine/saction of some sort. Pathetic.

Moulin Yarns
27-01-2012, 12:36 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/BBCchrismclaug/status/162891158350082048/photo/1/large

Oh, and bad luck Andy Murray, lost in 5 sets.

IWasThere2016
27-01-2012, 12:37 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/BBCchrismclaug/status/162891158350082048/photo/1/large

Oh, and bad luck Andy Murray, lost in 5 sets.

Momumental effort .. 5-7 in final set :boo hoo:

Stevie Reid
27-01-2012, 12:39 PM
No doubt Hearts will have a **** hot legal team, whom Romanov always pays on time.

Gus Fring
27-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't get how this isn't classed as cheating? Hearts a running a club in a manner they cannot afford and have players they clearly cannot afford to pay (and never could). If this is allowed then what's to stop other teams blatantly lying to decent players, bring them in for a few months to get into a good position and then punt them when they start to get annoyed?

Jim44
27-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't get how this isn't classed as cheating? Hearts a running a club in a manner they cannot afford and have players they clearly cannot afford to pay (and never could). If this is allowed then what's to stop other teams blatantly lying to decent players, bring them in for a few months to get into a good position and then punt them when they start to get annoyed?

The players are not concerned about non-payment because the money is there and always will be. All they have to do is make contingency plans for the inevitable delays when the mad one wants to play his silly games. They are coasting along nicely and we can bleat on as long as we want to about it being cheating and unfair. The fact of the matter is that Romanov has engineered a situation where he is taking the SPL and the SFA, who are patently frightened to take any real action, for a ride; the players are earning huge salaries and are not going to really rock the boat again and upset the hen that lays the golden egg. The fire sale that never was is not going to happen and the chances are that they will end up with a place in Europe next year and their fans are just loving it. I've held and expressed this view all along and there's nothing to indicate that I'm way wide of the mark. Cue being shot down in flames yet again but I'm convinced my perception of the situation holds as much water as those who incessantly think their demise is round the corner. It's just not going to happen.

stubru59
27-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Late or non-payment of wages amounts to a breach of contract. With Hearts teetering on the edge of a cliff, the consequences of an SFA enforcement of this breach would be enough to tip them over the edge. At this point in time, it's simply not going to happen.

bruno
27-01-2012, 01:41 PM

Would this apply to every team that made a loss as they would be spending more than they can afford!!!

Seriously though I don't think Hearts have "got off" with late payment I think the SPL jumped a bit quickly when they should have looked at the proof that wages were actually paid but would not reach accounts of some players til the morning after.

The not acting in good faith was a very vague charge and IMHO wouldn't have have stood up to close scrutiny.

However if Hearts fail to pay wages, rather than pay a day late, I would expect severe sanctions, I just think the SPL reacted a little bit too quickly on this occassion in their effort to be seen to be doing something.

The whole scenario of possible points deduction for late payment (as opposed to non payment) was well OTT

Remember to date Hearts are up to date with all pay and bonus payments. Seriously not sure how much punishment that deserves from the league. Of course I am embarressed at the way Hearts have acted and treated their players but throughout UK and more so Europe there are many many clubs in trouble and we are just one of them.

I think Marian Kello came out with quite an eye opening statement when he said at every club he has played for there has been delays and in some cases non payment and those that had played abroad were much better able to cope than those who had played purely in Scotland as they had all encountered it at some point or other in their careers.

However unless we offload some players before Tuesday I think we will have major problems paying players in February but following Hearts at the moment just has to be a day at the time and the time to look as to what will happen in the future is in the Summer. This will be the crux as next season we have to operate within (or as close to as possible) our means.

Prepare for one or two surprise exits this week I genuinely think our next game will see a much different team

HibbyAndy
27-01-2012, 01:50 PM
So basically, To sum up, Hearts can continue to pay players late every month and the sqaure root of f-all gets done about it?.

What a complete shambles.

scoopyboy
27-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm happy with the SPL decision.

It means HOMOFC can go back to playing players whenever they want and that suits me just fine.

I quite enjoyed checking the online version of the papers late at night to see what revelations were coming the following day or going onto Kickback to see them grovel.

For me a short but welcome break from our woes.

Greentinted
27-01-2012, 02:45 PM
STV Report Here (http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/news/sport/295302-spl-dismiss-case-against-hearts/)

mjhibby
27-01-2012, 02:55 PM
The players are not concerned about non-payment because the money is there and always will be. All they have to do is make contingency plans for the inevitable delays when the mad one wants to play his silly games. They are coasting along nicely and we can bleat on as long as we want to about it being cheating and unfair. The fact of the matter is that Romanov has engineered a situation where he is taking the SPL and the SFA, who are patently frightened to take any real action, for a ride; the players are earning huge salaries and are not going to really rock the boat again and upset the hen that lays the golden egg. The fire sale that never was is not going to happen and the chances are that they will end up with a place in Europe next year and their fans are just loving it. I've held and expressed this view all along and there's nothing to indicate that I'm way wide of the mark. Cue being shot down in flames yet again but I'm convinced my perception of the situation holds as much water as those who incessantly think their demise is round the corner. It's just not going to happen.

Its romanov who has made this story by saying he wasnt going to fund the club anymore and their chief exec has said the team will be much changed next season.Nobody has made the story only romanov and if and when he does stop bankrolling them then we will see what happens.As for europe they are 3 points off it and well have a game in hand so not looking too likely at the moment.im sure will will get the usual nonsense each pay day and if they pay on time all well and good of not the circus starts again.Would you put money on their players being paid on time.i certainly wouldnt.For the money they are playing their players they have underachieved as much as us this season.

HFC07
27-01-2012, 02:56 PM
im not surprised, they always land on their feet jammy gits

Andy74
27-01-2012, 03:23 PM
The facts are that the players got paid in full. A day late probably but paid.

As far as the SPL is concerned that's that, because the players didn't complain during the previous three months.

However, it will come round again soon enough and the SPL now have one in the bag already and any future delay in wages will be dealt with with a severe telling off, probably. Or not.

Winston Ingram
27-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Unreal

givescotlandfreedom
27-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Pathetic, Neil Doncaster's quickly shown himself to be a total waste of space.

Keith_M
27-01-2012, 05:03 PM
TBF, there was very little they could do. Hearts met all their demands except that the final payment arrived one day late. If they HAD been fined, their lawyers would have had a field day. As previously stated, the players did not make a complaint over previous payments.

IMHO, future payments should be monitored regardless of any complaint from the players. If they're late again, then fine them.

greenginger
27-01-2012, 05:06 PM
So basically, To sum up, Hearts can continue to pay players late every month and the sqaure root of f-all gets done about it?.

What a complete shambles.

Hope they finish 3rd and expect a europa league spot and then get told they are not getting a European License because of late wages, unpaid tax bills, or un-audited accounts , or whatever.

That should bring on a Vlad Rant.

Green_one
27-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Pathetic, Neil Doncaster's quickly shown himself to be a total waste of space.

We did not need this verdict to know that

All too predictable. Hearts will stumble on :rolleyes:

I doubt they will get rid of many players now. The players are holding onto a gravy train at Hearts expense.

The_Todd
27-01-2012, 05:22 PM
So how does this fit in with the Yam Conspiracy Theorists? I suspect somewhere along the lines of "they're doing it to try and show they're not after us, even though we really know they are after us... GFA GTF" etc etc etc.

stokesmessiah
27-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm happy with the SPL decision.

It means HOMOFC can go back to playing players whenever they want and that suits me just fine.

I quite enjoyed checking the online version of the papers late at night to see what revelations were coming the following day or going onto Kickback to see them grovel.

For me a short but welcome break from our woes.

:aok:

It did make for entertaining and enjoyable reading.

DCI Gene Hunt
27-01-2012, 06:04 PM
What's the point in having rules only to have the authority supposed to be enforcing said rules keek out of enforcing them when they have clearly been breached?