PDA

View Full Version : Time to Do a Fergie?

johnrebus
27-01-2012, 09:20 AM
For too long now Hibs have been a soft touch in every way, on and off the park.

We just seem to to take **** from every direction and never fight back accordingly. And its not just on the park we behave like a load of frightened Jessies.

I suggest its time that Fenlon took a leaf out of Sir AF's book and develop a, 'Dunkirk' spirit at Easter Road. IMHO we have never been vocal enough about standing up for ourselves when things go against us. Maybe it comes from STF and Petrie, who are just too 'nice' to fight back?

In the last few months alone I can think of a number of occasions where we really should have gone on a major offensive to defend ourselves.

In no particular order,

1. The insulting remarks by QC Paul McBride. Sure we issued a statement about it, but then let McBride - who never apologised - and BBC Radio Scotland off the hook by not following things up. I believe we are still tainted by his remarks.

2. The ECC debacle over a new stadium for Hearts. Again, we issued a statement, but not with the anger and fury these happenings should have provoked. Are we still demanding answers from Cardownie and his pals?

3. The Leigh Griffiths affair. The guy obviously has a problem - Tourettes Syndrome perhaps - yet we don't defend him against a ridiculous system seemingly controlled on the the whim of a BBC television editor!

4. The disgusting sectarian abuse thrown at Pat Fenlon at Central Park - against the law, remember - yet nothing is followed up or done, just meekly accepted. (Lets see what happens at Ibrox tomorrow)

5. The decisions that have gone against us on the park, such as the Derby at ER, GOC's non penalty at EEP, the penalty defeat at Aberdeen, the floodlight failure at Fir Park, etc. etc. We just seem to roll over and take everything that is chucked at us, without complaint.

Where does all this complete lack of balls come from?

You know the answer as well as I do, so I won't even say his name.

Starting on the park, I want Pat Fenlon to start taking exception to everything that goes against us. 'A nobody likes us and we don't care', attitude. Get players disputing every decision - within the law of course - and develop a nasty edge to our game to show that we won't be ****ed about any more.

Off the park, I want to see the 'Invisible Man', (other than AGM Days) actually coming out and speaking to the press, talking up our club and defending us against wrong doings - whether real or imagined. It would help to hear more from STF as well.

If we do go down, at least we can go down fighting.

:boo hoo:

greenlex
27-01-2012, 10:34 AM
I think if we publicly went about our business it would lack class tht we seem to want to cherish. Topublicly speak out about the wrong doings would elevate us to the paranoid lofty peaks of the lesser greens in glasgow.
On a similar note Fenlon seems to have switched tact and comment on our transfer dealings when asked. All this is doing is agitating the fans when things dont work out.
I prefer when little is said and most things are left to speculation and rumour. Hi s say things when either the time is right or if they need to.

Cabbage East
27-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I have thought this for a while. We have turned into a bunch of whiteys.

Cropley10
27-01-2012, 11:17 AM
On a similar note Fenlon seems to have switched tact and comment on our transfer dealings when asked.

Going to disagree with you there Lex (:greengrin - what's new?!) - we need to understand how this (doesn't) work. He's wanted players in, other managers wanted players in, but we've consistently heard that our first choice targets haven't come. Not the Manager's fault IMHO.

We need to start doing things differently, cos what we're doing and have done, has led us to 11th in the League and the worst home record in our history.

As the OP says - where's the leadership and ambition from the Board on all the points raised, answer - there isn't any, they and therefore the Club, are 'Mr Nice Guy'.

Together we are Stronger is the best they can muster...

johnrebus
27-01-2012, 11:33 AM
I think if we publicly went about our business it would lack class tht we seem to want to cherish. Topublicly speak out about the wrong doings would elevate us to the paranoid lofty peaks of the lesser greens in glasgow.
On a similar note Fenlon seems to have switched tact and comment on our transfer dealings when asked. All this is doing is agitating the fans when things dont work out.
I prefer when little is said and most things are left to speculation and rumour. Hi s say things when either the time is right or if they need to.

I want to believe this, but sadly it is more like lethargy and indifference.

:boo hoo:

neilmartinrocks
27-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Is that not what Ivan done at the Aberdeen game and got a ban for his bother?
even though he was right?

bobbyhibs1983
27-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I think its a bit of not having confidence from the players that have seen the lack of guts/balls or whatever you wanna call it to stand up from themselfs.I think this is partly down to having leaders on the park/dressing room sorta thing.I think maybe if he felt like he could ian murray could fit that but we need more than one person.
As a person above has said i d rather hibs kept quiet about most things.Though on the other hand say something like, "we feel this is disguting treatmeat against us and we will sort it out" and then deal with it queitly til it is sorted out.

Elephant Stone
27-01-2012, 12:00 PM
3. The Leigh Griffiths affair. The guy obviously has a problem - Tourettes Syndrome perhaps - yet we don't defend him against a ridiculous system seemingly controlled on the the whim of a BBC television editor!

Is this a joke?

johnrebus
27-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Is this a joke?

Is what a joke?

:confused:

Elephant Stone
27-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Is what a joke?

:confused:

You'd like to see Hibs argue against Griffiths' ban because he might have tourette's?

Dinkydoo
27-01-2012, 12:36 PM
You'd like to see Hibs argue against Griffiths' ban because he might have tourette's?

and

"5. The decisions that have gone against us on the park, .... the floodlight failure at Fir Park, etc. etc." :rolleyes:

greenlex
27-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Going to disagree with you there Lex (:greengrin - what's new?!) - we need to understand how this (doesn't) work. He's wanted players in, other managers wanted players in, but we've consistently heard that our first choice targets haven't come. Not the Manager's fault IMHO.

We need to start doing things differently, cos what we're doing and have done, has led us to 11th in the League and the worst home record in our history.

As the OP says - where's the leadership and ambition from the Board on all the points raised, answer - there isn't any, they and therefore the Club, are 'Mr Nice Guy'.

Together we are Stronger is the best they can muster...

I dont think we are doing anything differently to the heady days of top six with 4th and even 3rd place finishes though. The facts are the budget has increased every year and we are going backwards. Are our legendary Boo boys at ER putting quality players off coming? It cant be the wages surely. Is it just down to scrapping at the bottom end of the table for a couple of years? Should we be getting more of the youths into the side?

Cropley10
27-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I dont think we are doing anything differently to the heady days of top six with 4th and even 3rd place finishes though. The facts are the budget has increased every year and we are going backwards. Are our legendary Boo boys at ER putting quality players off coming? It cant be the wages surely. Is it just down to scrapping at the bottom end of the table for a couple of years? Should we be getting more of the youths into the side?

Sounds like we're in agreement - you say, "dont think we are doing anything differently", precisely. What worked then ain't working now, quite the opposite in fact.

Yes - I'd like to see a little more 'fuss' made of our youth players. Currently they're a 'Colts' team and the recent record of promoting them to the Seniors is poor.

Like I say - we seem to be repeating the same mistakes. Wages will play a part and I think the Boo boys less so.

muzzhfc
27-01-2012, 01:56 PM
i think PF has, to a certain extent, done a fergie. He has turned to the players and said "do you want to be here" any that havent gave satisfactory answers, he has punted or is trying to punt. CC would of went "oh ok, im still going to play you every week. out of position. with no tactics."

In Fenlon I Trust :pfgwa

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2012, 02:10 PM
....In no particular order,

1. The insulting remarks by QC Paul McBride. Sure we issued a statement about it, but then let McBride - who never apologised - and BBC Radio Scotland off the hook by not following things up. I believe we are still tainted by his remarks.

Off the hook? what precisely should we have done - sue him for defamation? bitterly complain to the press in exactly the same way as McBride does? Or issue a terse rejection and let him look the classless fud he is?

2. The ECC debacle over a new stadium for Hearts. Again, we issued a statement, but not with the anger and fury these happenings should have provoked. Are we still demanding answers from Cardownie and his pals?

No, because at the moment there is nothing tangible to complain about. When approval is given for a planning application for a joint stadium that is when it is stime to make a case, not stand on a soapbox railing impotently against something that hasnt happened yet?

Ludicrous. The rules are known - like them or not, they've been transgressed. Defending the indefensible is pointless posturing.

4. The disgusting sectarian abuse thrown at Pat Fenlon at Central Park - against the law, remember - yet nothing is followed up or done, just meekly accepted. (Lets see what happens at Ibrox tomorrow)

What benefit would it be to Hibs to react, and what do you suggest they do? Insist that Cowdenbeath fans are prosecuted? Would that not just mean open day on fenlon for every bone headed knuckle dragger across Scotland? What happened at Central Park was unpleasant but it is the job of the police and cowdenbeath to deal with it, not Hibs, unfortunate thought that is. (Incidentally, we dont have a fan base that can take the moral hgh ground on this issue).

5. The decisions that have gone against us on the park, such as the Derby at ER, GOC's non penalty at EEP, the penalty defeat at Aberdeen, the floodlight failure at Fir Park, etc. etc. We just seem to roll over and take everything that is chucked at us, without complaint....

What about the the decisions that have gone for us, GOC dive against Saints and subsequent rejection of retrospective punishment by the SFA? And really, the floodlights at Fir Park? Seriously? This is something we should bitch and moan at? What possible benefit would that be to anyone?

All this "soft touch" idea is just keech. We've got a not very good team on the park at the moment, end of. It's nothing to do with "not having baws", its just we've had two appalling managers that have left us in the mire.

I've always admired Hibs for dealing with things with a bit of class. At a period in our history where this is precious little to admire about the lot on the pitch, I'm pleased to take a little comfort that we remain significantly classier than others when it comes to the type of thing. That does take baws.

Cropley10
27-01-2012, 02:18 PM
All this "soft touch" idea is just keech. We've got a not very good team on the park at the moment, end of. It's nothing to do with "not having baws", its just we've had two appalling managers that have left us in the mire.

I've always admired Hibs for dealing with things with a bit of class. At a period in our history where this is precious little to admire about the lot on the pitch, I'm pleased to take a little comfort that we remain significantly classier than others when it comes to the type of thing. That does take baws.

Wow the Board just love folk like you.

Talk about easily pleased.

PatHead
27-01-2012, 02:36 PM

I'm with the OP.

Far too often Hibs just bend over and let folk rodger them.

The time to complain about a stadium for Hearts is now by keeping the pressure on the council and letting them know it won't go through on a nod and a wink like the Butterfly deal.

Re your comments about Celtic- how many decisions are going against them now that they have stood up? Why did Hibs not comment on Sheridan's dive in a similar manner to the opposition when O'Connors case came up. Highlight the inconsistencies and double standards.

Why do we allow the BBC to consistently have digs at us and let them have guys like Allan Preston, who is always anti Hibs, cover our games at Easter Road? Work with them, tell them we will only accept a more balanced view on our games or they aren't welcome. Look how easy Hearts and Rangers get it now after telling the Beeb where to go.

You have to earn respect and at this moment of time this club do not have any from anyone as we just bend over and take it. We will only get this by standing up and letting people know who we are and our standards. It is up to the board to stand up and provide leadership.

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Wow the Board just love folk like you.

Talk about easily pleased.

Och behave yourself.

If you took the time to actually read the post you might see that its hardly a ringing endorsement of the way things have been. The OP was another example of reaction without thinking - the posts on the board over the past few days like this, and lots of others are so puerile and just downright stupid as to set a new bar of stupidity. People seem to have taken to being unable to think beyond the instant knee jerk and it is as depressing as watching another defeat at Easter Road.

And I absolutely want us to behave with a bit of dignity in dealing with things like the OP raised, becuase it is the right way to behave regardless of what is happening on the pitch.

I'm with the OP.

The time to complain about a stadium for Hearts is now by keeping the pressure on the council and letting them know it won't go through on a nod and a wink like the Butterfly deal.

Its very different to the butterfly. Its much more public and much more controversial. Not a chance it could be passed on the QT, not a chance in hell. As and when something concrete changes its just posturing with no purpose.

Re your comments about Celtic- how many decisions are going against them now that they have stood up? Why did Hibs not comment on Sheridan's dive in a similar manner to the opposition when O'Connors case came up. Highlight the inconsistencies and double standards.

Because its not relevant. i know one of the individuals on the review panel of the O'Connor case, and I know that hibs came unbelievably well prepared, which is why they won.

Why do we allow the BBC to consistently have digs at us and let them have guys like Allan Preston, who is always anti Hibs, cover our games at Easter Road? Work with them, tell them we will only accept a more balanced view on our games or they aren't welcome. Look how easy Hearts and Rangers get it now after telling the Beeb where to go.

Aw blossom. Did the masty man on the radio say something mean? Preston is a complete tool in my view, but its part and parcel of football to have rivalry and controversy. We're treated no worse than the performances deserve to be on the radio. We got plenty of plaudits when the going was good, we should take the brickbats when we're rubbish. Do you really think we should do a Hearts? I think that was unbelievable behaviour that should in future be indictable. Football Clubs exist to entertain their fans, and part of that entertainment involves discourse with the media. What should we be saying? "Be nice to us or we'll take our ba' away and no' play? how pathetic would that be?

You have to earn respect and at this moment of time this club do not have any from anyone as we just bend over and take it. We will only get this by standing up and letting people know who we are and our standards. It is up to the board to stand up and provide leadership.

"Earn Respect" Ah the catch phrase of Jeremy Kyle guests and Gangster movies. Give one sensible example of where we've "bent over and taken it". Not the paranoid nonsense of the OP. Our standards? Well, erm, yes - that would be the standards of reacting appropriately and in a measured way to the some of the irrational lunacy that surrounds the game.

PatHead
27-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Och behave yourself.

"Earn Respect" Ah the catch phrase of Jeremy Kyle guests and Gangster movies. Give one sensible example of where we've "bent over and taken it". Not the paranoid nonsense of the OP. Our standards? Well, erm, yes - that would be the standards of reacting appropriately and in a measured way to the some of the orrational lunacy that surrounds the game.

Unlike you I have never watched Jeremy Kyle so can't comment on what goes on there. Can't think of anyone using that phrase in a gangster movie either but I'll bow to your obvious superior knowledge in these matters.

Simple examples- Hearts getting Tynecastle School moved to let them build there new stand, oh aye that never went through on a nod. Paying for the feasability report saying Hearts should move to a council owned and built ground whilst selling their own. This council have proven they will do what and when they want to help Hearts and that is not being paranoid. That is fact.
If you want Hibs related council wise/police - when we won the league cup not being allowed to parade it at Easter Road due to one numpty running on the pitch or the following home game when they didn't remove the Hearts supporters from the ground and let them shower abuse at us during the lap of honour.

How about letting Celtic/ Rangers/ Hearts supporters stand whilst we have to sit?

Review panel "doing" Hibs players for diving whilst letting others away with it, referees consistently siding against Hibs such as O'Connor's "dive" against Dumfermline, Hearts player tpushing Ivan to the ground and only getting dealt with later. Ivan getting a suspended 2 game ban as well as a booking for the Aberdeen penalty incident which proven never to be a penalty. They are incidents this year not going back in history.

PatHead
27-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Aw blossom. Did the masty man on the radio say something mean? Preston is a complete tool in my view, but its part and parcel of football to have rivalry and controversy. We're treated no worse than the performances deserve to be on the radio. We got plenty of plaudits when the going was good, we should take the brickbats when we're rubbish. Do you really think we should do a Hearts? I think that was unbelievable behaviour that should in future be indictable. Football Clubs exist to entertain their fans, and part of that entertainment involves discourse with the media. What should we be saying? "Be nice to us or we'll take our ba' away and no' play? how pathetic would that be?

Don't appreciate being called blossom and that doesn't help your argument in any way. To use your phrase, not Hibs class.

Re commentators comments- Yes I do think we should do a Hearts/Rangers in this instance. If we are to have any success in attracting some fans back once we have turned the corner and started moving up the league, unbalanced comments like his will do nothing to help. BBC change their tune pretty quickly when forced. What I am saying is do it now before and set the agenda don't wait or we won't be treated as Hibs class.

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Unlike you I have never watched Jeremy Kyle so can't comment on what goes on there. Can't think of anyone using that phrase in a gangster movie either but I'll bow to your obvious superior knowledge in these matters.
Good, thank you.

Simple examples- Hearts getting Tynecastle School moved to let them build there new stand, oh aye that never went through on a nod. Paying for the feasability report saying Hearts should move to a council owned and built ground whilst selling their own. This council have proven they will do what and when they want to help Hearts and that is not being paranoid. That is fact.
Maybe not paranoid. But wrong. I dont know what the route was with the High School but strikes me that a deal that gets an important (if loathsome to us) institution a new stand and gets a new school built is probably a good thing for the community in the eyes of the council. We havent had an issue that is equivalent that hasnt been resolved, have we? That's why we've a cracking ground, and they dont. Thats why they would refuse to allow them to rebuild Tynecastle the way they want. The council helping Hearts is NOT evidence of bias. Cardownie is a fool, yes, and I have no doubt that as an individual he may look to help Hearts to his fullest extent but the machinery of politics and due process with regard to the putative new stadium is so big and open to scrutiny as to make it entirely unfeasible to happen, I beleive. If I turn out to be wrong I wil lapologise to you, but at the moment its not true. The report has been rejected as far as I'm aware hasn't it, so that particular stick cant be used to bet them up. The decision to joint fund the report was irksome but not illegal and not anti-Hibs.

If you want Hibs related council wise/police - when we won the league cup not being allowed to parade it at Easter Road due to one numpty running on the pitch or the following home game when they didn't remove the Hearts supporters from the ground and let them shower abuse at us during the lap of honour.

How about letting Celtic/ Rangers/ Hearts supporters stand whilst we have to sit?

Review panel "doing" Hibs players for diving whilst letting others away with it, referees consistently siding against Hibs such as O'Connor's "dive" against Dumfermline, Hearts player tpushing Ivan to the ground and only getting dealt with later. Ivan getting a suspended 2 game ban as well as a booking for the Aberdeen penalty incident which proven never to be a penalty. They are incidents this year not going back in history.

As for the rest it's just to petty even to bother about answering. Seriously. Textbook examples of confirmation bias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias)have been rife on ,net over the last few days.

IWasThere2016
27-01-2012, 03:58 PM

I love your phone :greengrin

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Aw blossom. Did the nasty man on the radio say something mean? Preston is a complete tool in my view, but its part and parcel of football to have rivalry and controversy. We're treated no worse than the performances deserve to be on the radio. We got plenty of plaudits when the going was good, we should take the brickbats when we're rubbish. Do you really think we should do a Hearts? I think that was unbelievable behaviour that should in future be indictable. Football Clubs exist to entertain their fans, and part of that entertainment involves discourse with the media. What should we be saying? "Be nice to us or we'll take our ba' away and no' play? how pathetic would that be?

Don't appreciate being called blossom and that doesn't help your argument in any way. To use your phrase, not Hibs class.

Re commentators comments- Yes I do think we should do a Hearts/Rangers in this instance. If we are to have any success in attracting some fans back once we have turned the corner and started moving up the league, unbalanced comments like his will do nothing to help. BBC change their tune pretty quickly when forced. What I am saying is do it now before and set the agenda don't wait or we won't be treated as Hibs class.

Sorry petal. I'll be more sensitive to you in future.

Do you really want to lend any credence to the opinions of Allan Preston? 'Cos thats what you'll do if you react. We're not being picked on. the footbal has been murder for two years, and just because we're Hibbies doesnt mean we have the monopoly on criticising them. We loved it when Ricard Gordon made his "Eye-bleeding" football about Hearts. We like it when Tom English or Chick Young get ripped into Vlad or the Hearts support, but no, dont dare say something nasty about us, because it's not fair? Come on, can't you see the problem here?

I think that your attitude is deeply petty. I prefer shouting at the radio when Preston spouts some guff rather than listen to some anodyne OF journo. There's Hibs presence on the channel with Craig Paterson and Murdo McLeod.

You could also press the "off" button.

johnrebus
27-01-2012, 04:23 PM

Hmmmm.

Which board member are you?

:rolleyes:

PatHead
27-01-2012, 04:29 PM

Do you really want to lend any credence to the opinions of Allan Preston? 'Cos thats what you'll do if you react. We're not being picked on. the footbal has been murder for two years, and just because we're Hibbies doesnt mean we have the monopoly on criticising them. We loved it when Ricard Gordon made his "Eye-bleeding" football about Hearts. We like it when Tom English or Chick Young get ripped into Vlad or the Hearts support, but no, dont dare say something nasty about us, because it's not fair? Come on, can't you see the problem here?

I think that your attitude is deeply petty. I prefer shouting at the radio when Preston spouts some guff rather than listen to some anodyne OF journo. There's Hibs presence on the channel with Craig Paterson and Murdo McLeod.

Personally I don't get moist at anything Chick Young says or indeed anyone having a go at Hearts. Think you are maybe judging me on your standards. I don't have a problem with constructive criticism of Hibs and it isn't me going in the huff about people saying bad things about my team. It just seems, for too long, BBC have been having a go at Hibs. FFS Garry O'Connor was found innocent of diving yet they have bleated on and on about it. I believe a lot of this publicity cost us a penalty at Dumfermline.

Have they ever mentioned the Aberdeen boy again or the Rangers player who were both actually found guilty of diving, no.

As for the off button I gave up on Open all mikes a long time ago and never listen to it. If I am at home watch SSN

SquashedFrogg
27-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Personally I don't get moist at anything Chick Young says or indeed anyone having a go at Hearts. Think you are maybe judging me on your standards. I don't have a problem with constructive criticism of Hibs and it isn't me going in the huff about people saying bad things about my team. It just seems, for too long, BBC have been having a go at Hibs. FFS Garry O'Connor was found innocent of diving yet they have bleated on and on about it. I believe a lot of this publicity cost us a penalty at Dumfermline.

Have they ever mentioned the Aberdeen boy again or the Rangers player who were both actually found guilty of diving, no.

As for the off button I gave up on Open all mikes a long time ago and never listen to it. If I am at home watch SSN

Maybe if you went to the games and became a proper fan you wouldn't have to listen to the radio or watch SSN? :devil:

greenlex
27-01-2012, 04:51 PM
I love your phone :greengrin
So do I. Its my fingers that are the problem. :greengrin

PatHead
27-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Maybe if you went to the games and became a proper fan you wouldn't have to listen to the radio or watch SSN? :devil:

Do go to home matches (unfortunately) and the odd away one but often games aren't on at 3.00pm on a Saturday. If you went to matches you might know that as well.:devil::devil:

Cropley10
27-01-2012, 05:01 PM

Using comments like Petal and Blossom suggest you're a bit of a fud. Pretending that whatever anyone suggests is either wrong or stupid suggests that you are happy with the status quo.

Cropley10
27-01-2012, 05:04 PM

As you well pointed out the Huns and Diet Huns made their point - now things have changed. They know how this works.

As the OP said - too much Mr Nice Guy, lets all act with 'class' as we bump along the bottom of the SPL, ER never sold out since it was completed and a home record that makes us a laughing stock.

sambajustice
27-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Fowk wi nae baws ken whits gaun oan!!

Keith_M
27-01-2012, 06:08 PM
There are stories in today's Scotsman about Fenlon complaining about the bigots abusing him at Central Park and about how unfair the current system is whereby Griffiths has been tried by television.

I don't think we need to worry about him sticking up for himself or the club. To me, he's already a refreshing change from the last incumbent.

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2012, 06:52 PM

So you dont listen to it but are still outraged? Hmmm. How would you know theyve not mentioned th eAberdeen guy or Rangers boy if you dont listen? Just curious like.

I didnt say anything about being moist as that would be an odd reaction by anyone to Chick Young (never mind being biologically bizarre for a bloke), but the fact remains that Hearts have been slated on the radio, Aberdeen have, Dundee Utd have and so, rightly have we. We've been p!sh for two years - if we werent given a critical reaming I'd be surprised.

O'connor does dive - if he played for any other team he'd being getting it tight from this board and rightly so. He wasn't give the penalty at EEP because he chose to hurl himself to the ground as if shot by a sniper when if he'd just gone down its a pen. Do you think we're the only team not to get controversial penalties or awards? Every team in the country thinks there hard done by. They're not. They just remember the decisions that go against them and conveneiently forget those that go for them. We do get bad decisions agaist us, but so does every team. Its nowt to do with hibs not standing up for themselves

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Using comments like Petal and Blossom suggest you're a bit of a fud. Pretending that whatever anyone suggests is either wrong or stupid suggests that you are happy with the status quo.

Well Honeysuckle, you're entitled to your opinion. Its wouldnt be the first time I've been called that.

I'm not pretending anything. I'm stating as fact that there have been a veritable avalanche of posts recently that have been stupid, ill-thought out and often just plain wrong when looked at with the green tint removed.

I've not anywhere suggested I'm happy with the status quo. I think the board have made two bad appointments in Hughes and Calderwood, and the football decisions that have been made as a result of this have equally been poor, hence where we are. They should have forced a decision from CC over the bag of sweeties, and probably should have launched him then. The decision to keep him was down in part I'm sure to maintain some stability in the club management but in hindsight it was wrong. Note the word hindsight.

The quiet way Hibs conduct themselves off the field is frustrating at times, sure, but it is the right way. Posts like the OP's deserve to be taken apart because they are the result of flaccid thinking and narrow minded bias.

PatHead
27-01-2012, 07:59 PM
So you dont listen to it but are still outraged? Hmmm. How would you know theyve not mentioned th eAberdeen guy or Rangers boy if you dont listen? Just curious like. Open all Mikes is not the only programme on BBC Radio and where I live we also have the television

I didnt say anything about being moist as that would be an odd reaction by anyone to Chick Young (never mind being biologically bizarre for a bloke), but the fact remains that Hearts have been slated on the radio, Aberdeen have, Dundee Utd have and so, rightly have we. We've been p!sh for two years - if we werent given a critical reaming I'd be surprised. Since Hearts stood up to BBC, Rangers likewise BBC have changed their tune, your
obviously not hearing it
O'connor does dive - if he played for any other team he'd being getting it tight from this board and rightly so. He wasn't give the penalty at EEP because he chose to hurl himself to the ground as if shot by a sniper when if he'd just gone down its a pen. Do you think we're the only team not to get controversial penalties or awards? We get less decisions than most, look at the derby game and bookings we have received when other clubs get away with it. Every team in the country thinks there hard done by. They're not. They just remember the decisions that go against them and conveneiently forget those that go for them. We do get bad decisions agaist us, but so does every team. Its nowt to do with hibs not standing up for themselves We will just need to agree to disagree on that point as I, and many other posters, believe you are wrong on this point.

JohnScott
27-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Well Honeysuckle, you're entitled to your opinion. Its wouldnt be the first time I've been called that.

I'm not pretending anything. I'm stating as fact that there have been a veritable avalanche of posts recently that have been stupid, ill-thought out and often just plain wrong when looked at with the green tint removed.

I've not anywhere suggested I'm happy with the status quo. I think the board have made two bad appointments in Hughes and Calderwood, and the football decisions that have been made as a result of this have equally been poor, hence where we are. They should have forced a decision from CC over the bag of sweeties, and probably should have launched him then. The decision to keep him was down in part I'm sure to maintain some stability in the club management but in hindsight it was wrong. Note the word hindsight.

The quiet way Hibs conduct themselves off the field is frustrating at times, sure, but it is the right way. Posts like the OP's deserve to be taken apart because they are the result of flaccid thinking and narrow minded bias.

Sorry but your getting really boring and extremely arrogant now there's a good chap. Reaching for the exit button now.........................

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Sorry but your getting really boring and extremely arrogant now there's a good chap. Reaching for the exit button now.........................

Please accept my most profound and heartfelt apologies that you're bored. I understand theres an ignore feature you can use.

Maybe you can go and enjoy anyone of a countless number of threads that repeatedly regurgitate the same turgid ill-conceived nonsense day after day? I find them rather boring myself.

PatHead
27-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Please accept my most profound and heartfelt apologies that you're bored. I understand theres an ignore feature you can use.

Maybe you can go and enjoy anyone of a countless number of threads that repeatedly regurgitate the same turgid ill-conceived nonsense day after day? I find them rather boring myself.

So you have started reading your own posts then

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2012, 08:25 PM
We do get bad decisions agaist us, but so does every team. Its nowt to do with hibs not standing up for themselves We will just need to agree to disagree on that point as I, and many other posters, believe you are wrong on this point..

Being a fan of evidence, I had a little look at the discipline stats. We're the only team not to have had a player sent off this year. We've had more bookings yes I agree but I can thtink of many that havent being at least grudgingly deserved. Over th elast few years we've been pretty much in the middle. Doesnt really back up your argument.

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2012, 08:26 PM
So you have started reading your own posts then

Oooh get you flower.

SquashedFrogg
27-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Do go to home matches (unfortunately) and the odd away one but often games aren't on at 3.00pm on a Saturday. If you went to matches you might know that as well.:devil::devil:

That'll teach me to come home in a bitchy mood and try and be a smart arse :greengrin

On a slightly different note I've just come home from the wee boys football training and none other than a certain Mr A Kirk of Dumfy was there watching his laddie.

When I pointed this out to my boy he asked if he could remind him that he used to play for Hearts.... He whispered into my ear..."you Hearts bast...." (I stopped him at this point) :greengrin

connerg
27-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I'm with the OP.

:top marksI'm with the OP and Pathead.