PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Sproule Ban ?

GreenCastle
26-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Ban suspended till Dec 2012

Will miss 2 games if he breaches rule 68 again within next 12 months.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9192 (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9192)

Mikey_1875
26-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Suspended sentence, must have criticised an official at some point in public, can't remember when though, will have to keep his trap shut for a year by looks of things!

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Ban suspended till Dec 2012

Will miss 2 games if he breaches rule 68 again within next 12 months.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9192 (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9192)

If he doesnt speak out and critizise an official for the remainder of this year he wont be suspended, yet another example of brainless players failing to realise the cosequences of their actions.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Suspended sentence, must have criticised an official at some point in public, can't remember when though, will have to keep his trap shut for a year by looks of things!

Criticised the ref CT for giving the penalty:agree:

JimBHibees
26-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Aberdeen game I think he criticised the ref who was then proven to be wrong in the big decisions. So he was right but he isnt allowed to tell the truth, sounds fair :rolleyes:.

Robinho08
26-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Was it not the Aberdeen game in December?

I think we're playing with a man down anyway when Ivan plays.

GreenCastle
26-01-2012, 04:48 PM

Aberdeen game - penalty incident. Game we lost 1v0 as Aberdeen player after was found to have taken a dive and Ivan was the one who didn't actually touch the him.

Andy74
26-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Aberdeen game - penalty incident. Game we lost 1v0 as Aberdeen player after was found to have taken a dive and Ivan was the one who didn't actually touch the him.

I think actually Ivan was just one of many players who didn't touch him.

SMAXXA
26-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Do you ever sometimes get the impression that this season is looking ominus and things just seem to go from bad to worse? :rolleyes:

Andy74
26-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Do you ever sometimes get the impression that this season is looking ominus and things just seem to go from bad to worse? :rolleyes:

I read Hibs.net. I always get that impression even when we're in 3rd place!

Saorsa
26-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Ban suspended till Dec 2012Will miss 2 games if he breaches rule 68 again within next 12 months.http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9192Ah the auld rule 68, keep yer gob shut and dinnae criticise officials for being absolutely *****e even if they are. Right even when they are clearly wrong. :rolleyes:

StevieC
26-01-2012, 05:06 PM
So basically, Ivan was right to question the referee's decision but rather than the SFA admit they are wrong they'll dish out a "suspended" suspension so that the player doesn't actually get punished for being right?

Yes, sounds about right for the SFA.

:rolleyes:

Andy74
26-01-2012, 05:10 PM
So basically, Ivan was right to question the referee's decision but rather than the SFA admit they are wrong they'll dish out a "suspended" suspension so that the player doesn't actually get punished for being right?

Yes, sounds about right for the SFA.

:rolleyes:

Still, the rule is there and known, you don't talk about the officials even if they are wrong.

It's probably the right thing to have in place as you can't have players and managers constantly discussing this every game.

nonshinyfinish
26-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Still, the rule is there and known, you don't talk about the officials even if they are wrong.

It's probably the right thing to have in place as you can't have players and managers constantly discussing this every game.

I disagree.

As long as players/managers are not accusing referees of anything untoward (i.e. saying that they cheated for whatever reason), why shouldn't they be allowed to say that they thought a particular decision was wrong? It's not disrespectful of the official involved to say that you think he made a mistake, any referee will tell you that they make mistakes all the time. If players/managers go over the top and imply a conspiracy or accuse a referee of cheating against their club then it's fair enough to hammer them, but I cannot see why anyone shouldn't be allowed to say 'I thought that decision was wrong'.

Andy74
26-01-2012, 05:21 PM
I disagree.

As long as players/managers are not accusing referees of anything untoward (i.e. saying that they cheated for whatever reason), why shouldn't they be allowed to say that they thought a particular decision was wrong? It's not disrespectful of the official involved to say that you think he made a mistake, any referee will tell you that they make mistakes all the time. If players/managers go over the top and imply a conspiracy or accuse a referee of cheating against their club then it's fair enough to hammer them, but I cannot see why anyone shouldn't be allowed to say 'I thought that decision was wrong'.

You can disagree with whether the rule is correct, but it is the rule.

I think they have tried to establish a line before and it gets broken too often, so best thing is you say nothing, good bad or otherwise.

Fergie got done in England recently for praising the ref before a game! Seems daft but it could be manipulation.

KeithTheHibby
26-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure he criticised the ref before it came out that he was infact wrong to award the penalty.

nonshinyfinish
26-01-2012, 05:52 PM
You can disagree with whether the rule is correct, but it is the rule.

I think they have tried to establish a line before and it gets broken too often, so best thing is you say nothing, good bad or otherwise.

Fergie got done in England recently for praising the ref before a game! Seems daft but it could be manipulation.

I wasn't disagreeing with the fact that the rule is the rule, of course players should be aware of the rules and should not be surprised to be labelled stupid if they pick up bans for disregarding said rules. However, I was referring to your statement: 'It's probably the right thing to have in place' - I vehemently disagree with that.

Saorsa
26-01-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm pretty sure he criticised the ref before it came out that he was infact wrong to award the penalty.That's because he and just about everybody else could see and knew it was wrong before they decided tae admit it was wrong. What's the problem with saying it was wrong when it clearly was just because they hadnae admitted it yet. Biggest problem with refs in this country is that too many of them get too many of the biggest decisions wrong and the majority of the time **** all is done about it by those in charge of refereeing, why shouldn't they be open tae criticism by anybody else for getting it wrong so often, the standard is appalling, maybe it'll make the do something about it but I doubt it. They're very good at nitpicking and making themselves the centre of attention in most games.

millarco
26-01-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't see how Sproule is suggesting incompetence, merely that Thomson had a bad game (as acknowledged by the SFA overturning the two big decisions in the game).

Fair enough for the SFA to try something different this year, but hope they learn lessons from this season. There's too many retrospective decisions going round, we'll soon end up analysing every little decision. Wonder what the referees think, to me it undermines their ability when their decisions are being overruled.

HibbyAndy
26-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I don't see how Sproule is suggesting incompetence, merely that Thomson had a bad game (as acknowledged by the SFA overturning the two big decisions in the game).

Fair enough for the SFA to try something different this year, but hope they learn lessons from this season. There's too many retrospective decisions going round, we'll soon end up analysing every little decision. Wonder what the referees think, to me it undermines their ability when their decisions are being overruled.

And that my friens is why the SFA are total shambles.

Absolute ludicrous Sproule getting reprimanded for telling the truth.Staggering.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2012, 10:09 PM
So Sproule faces a suspended sentence for criticising a referee who got the major decisions in that match completely wrong, meanwhile the said referee (Craig Thomson) was back refereeing in the SPL the next weekend. :bitchy:

You really could not make that up! :rolleyes:

Purple & Green
26-01-2012, 10:36 PM
It [the penalty v Aberdeen] was a clean tackle, I was just too quick for him. As soon as there was any sort of contact he (Thomson) had his whistle in his mouth and he was looking to give it. It was a ridiculous decision and puts us in even more bother in the league.Players get punished for their actions and maybe it will take putting a referee down to the First Division for a week or two because that was nothing short of a shambles. It was one of the poorest refereeing performances I've seen in a long time.
You get into trouble for speaking out but I'm giving my honest opinion on what was a shocking decision. He made the sending off [of Pawlett who had dived for the penalty] because of what happened at the penalty. I don't even think it was a straight red. The SFA will have to take a long look at the ref's display.

No wonder it's a suspended ban, because, erm Ivan was right.

Westie1875
26-01-2012, 10:39 PM
This is a farcical decision, punished for expressing opinion on a decision which was later proved to be wrong and cost Hibs at least a point. Whatever happened to freedom of speech, I hope Hibs speak out against this.

Time for all of the clubs to get together and protest against this new compliance officer fiasco, the whole thing is ridiculous.