PDA

View Full Version : Lee Croft

BurghHibby
25-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Has Lee Croft been pulled up by the compliance officer for his two footed tackle on Saturday, and if not - why not?

Scottiedog007
25-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Has Lee Croft been pulled up by the compliance officer for his two footed tackle on Saturday, and if not - why not?

Because it was dealt with on the park with the issue of a yellow card

SMAXXA
25-01-2012, 09:40 PM

Dont think incedents like this meet the criteria, i.e. a dangerous tackle wont be under scruteny like violent conduct or gestures made by players as we know too well of late

dalkeith stu
25-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Was booked at the time so the compliance officer can't do anything about it.

leither17
25-01-2012, 09:44 PM
what about his gestures to the east then when he had scored

Sammy7nil
25-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Was booked at the time so the compliance officer can't do anything about it.

Correct the ref dealt with the incident at the time so no going back to increase the punishment.

R'Albin
25-01-2012, 09:49 PM
So Griffiths gets more of a punishment for what he did than this? He could of potentially injured our player, did Griffiths gesture cause any harm? Was anyone really offended?

I know it's the laws etc but they are just ****ing stupid.

SMAXXA
25-01-2012, 09:57 PM
So Griffiths gets more of a punishment for what he did than this? He could of potentially injured our player, did Griffiths gesture cause any harm? Was anyone really offended?

I totally agree the laws are a joke, what would Leigh have got if the ref seen it during the game, a red or a yellow, if its a yellow how can a retrospective ban be justified. Same for diving, a yellow if spotted during the game and if after a ban, its so inconsistant and IMO an absalute joke. Then on the other hand a player goes in two footed to go **** an apponent potentially putting their career at risk, gets of scott free, it doesnt make sence.

BurghHibby
25-01-2012, 09:59 PM

I think Lundy has a hard on for Hibs, talking the earlier comments into account that the ref seen Croft's tackle and dealt with it therefore it was out of the compliance officers hands to do anything else, could the rules not apply to Griffiths first ban when the linesman clearly seen his gesture to the huns and did nothing about it - i.e. dealt with it at the time so no further action required?

Holmesdale Hibs
25-01-2012, 10:04 PM
It was a shocking 'tackle' and a definite red card and the fact that he gets away with it on a technicality is a joke. I agree, the laws are ****ing stupid.

frazeHFC
25-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Lee Croft's girlfriend. :drool:

Back on topic. It looked a very poor challenge, and i agree, nothing happens to him yet Griffiths who was stupid not dangerous gets in trouble?

What is wrong with the morons in charge?

HibsMax
25-01-2012, 11:06 PM

Agreed.

I don't want to open a can of worms but perhaps punishment like this should be dished out to the player, not the club? For example, his childish behaviour results in a fine rather than a ban. The actions were his and his alone and they had no bearing on the outcome of the game. Punish him, not Hibs. Also, a fine will most likely hit him where it hurts most.

greenginger
25-01-2012, 11:13 PM
what about his gestures to the east then when he had scored

The BBC did'nt highlight the said gestures therefor the Compliance Officer is not allowed to act ! :confused:

El Gubbz
25-01-2012, 11:36 PM
No but I think bbc Alba did. Editer obviously a pars fan

Sir David Gray
25-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I totally agree the laws are a joke, what would Leigh have got if the ref seen it during the game, a red or a yellow, if its a yellow how can a retrospective ban be justified. Same for diving, a yellow if spotted during the game and if after a ban, its so inconsistant and IMO an absalute joke. Then on the other hand a player goes in two footed to go **** an apponent potentially putting their career at risk, gets of scott free, it doesnt make sence.

By the letter of the law, sticking your middle finger up at someone should result in a straight red card being issued to that player.

KWJ
26-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Is it just me that thought a yellow was fair? Bit two footed but it was along the deck. I'd have been raging if a Hibee got sent off for it.

Linesman didn't see Griffiths' gesture to the Rangers fans and it wasn't dealt with at the time. Don't know where you get that from.

LG's situation is completely different but IMO LG has acted worse than Croft did and he's done it 3 times in the space of what feels like no time at all.

essexhibee
26-01-2012, 06:32 AM
His girlfriend looks like a horse imo.

allezsauzee
26-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Is it just me that thought a yellow was fair? Bit two footed but it was along the deck. I'd have been raging if a Hibee got sent off for it.

Linesman didn't see Griffiths' gesture to the Rangers fans and it wasn't dealt with at the time. Don't know where you get that from.

LG's situation is completely different but IMO LG has acted worse than Croft did and he's done it 3 times in the space of what feels like no time at all.

So you'd rather have somebody potentially breaking your leg than gesturing to you?

BurghHibby
26-01-2012, 09:20 AM

I'm pretty sure the linesman did see it and was seen to have a wee chuckle about it - surprise, surprise an official with a sense of humour!
By not taking it further, by not alerting the ref, it should have been deemed to have been dealt with, i.e. no further action required.
How can a stiff arm gesture be worse than a potential leg break tackle? :confused:

greenlex
26-01-2012, 10:53 AM
His girlfriend looks like a horse imo.

Horses are for ridin'

frazeHFC
26-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Horses are for ridin'

:top marks