PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths - potential Hibs legend.

Jack
25-01-2012, 09:41 PM
I really think the lad has the potential to be a modern day legend.

Born Hibs, bleeds Hibs, is the player every one of us would love to be. A natural football player with a sole aim in life to score goals for Hibs.

What do you want to do today Leigh?

Ask him if you see him. His reply will be

I want to score goals for Hibs.

What else?

Nothing. I just want to score goals for Hibs.

Lets cut the laddie a wee bit slack. In difficult times this laddie has shown commitment and passion. OK that passion has overflowed a but its there. Its there like it is in every one of us, man, woman and child.

Fellow supporters. If someone near you has a go at him, or any of the players, challenge the jealous *******. They are just frustrated they aren't good enough and never were, not fit to lace his boots.

Leigh when you come back do us proud young man - you're one of us and we're proud of you.

IndieHibby
25-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Hear, hear!

:flag:

chrisski33
25-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Aye ok Leighs Dad! maybe u should tell him not to gesture at the fans esp his own fans. A true legend ignores the abuse and lets his feet do the talking

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2012, 09:49 PM

Born Hibs, bleeds Hibs, is the player every one of us would love to be. A natural football player with a sole aim in life to score goals for Hibs.

What else?

Lets cut the laddie a wee bit slack. In difficult times this laddie has shown commitment and passion. OK that passion has overflowed a but its there. Its there like it is in every one of us, man, woman and child.

Fellow supporters. If someone near you has a go at him, or any of the players, challenge the jealous *******. They are just frustrated they aren't good enough and never were, not fit to lace his boots.

Leigh when you come back do us proud young man - you're one of us and we're proud of you.

I think he's looked ver good recently, and hope he does come to be a legend at easter road. Yet i'm far from proud of him at the moment.

SMAXXA
25-01-2012, 09:50 PM
No another Leigh Grifiths thread FFS, must be a record :agree:

Jack
25-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Aye ok Leighs Dad! maybe u should tell him not to gesture at the fans esp his own fans. A true legend ignores the abuse and lets his feet do the talking

I think I'm old enough to be his granddad :-D and if I was his dad he got his looks from his mother :-D :-D

Lets just give him the best a Hibs can give - I am convinced he will repay us tenfold.

Bostonhibby
25-01-2012, 09:56 PM

What else?

:thumbsup: Yep, this is what I think, maybe taking a bit longer to learn, in the case of a player who is trying and actually getting us goals giving him stick seems odd, I dont personally hold wi giving them excessive stick during the 90 minutes they are playing for us, if that approach is right then maybe there wouldn't have been a reaction from the player (?). And I don't condone it but I expect he'll learn, he obviously bothers.

Steve20
25-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Yeah, that's why people have a go at the players. Nothing at all to do with the pathetic performances they've put in this season.

stanton10
25-01-2012, 10:04 PM

What else?

gi,s a pint oh that well he will miss a month for a start might no play again

spike220
25-01-2012, 10:06 PM
No another Leigh Grifiths thread FFS, must be a record :agree:

He has a couple of threads on Kickback too. THe Jambos can't stand him!!!

GGTTH

Mikey
25-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Can we not just let this go now folks?

He's been humiliated. He's made his grovelling public apology. How's about we leave him alone?

leither17

a month is it not a 2 game ban

SMAXXA

What else?

Lets not forget also, Leigh is only on loan to Hibs he is just as likley to return to Wolves at the end of the season, cant recall before anyone suggesting one of our loan signings could be a potential modern day legend. Hes a legend so far, for being a dozey twat :greengrin, I would love for him to stay and sign a permanant deal with Hibs despite his shortcomings, feel he could develope into a decent player, with Hibs or without.

For me lets move on and put the LG stuff to bed.

LancsHibs
25-01-2012, 10:11 PM

Just in from the pub and didn't understand this, is it me or is this nonsense? :-)

Jack
25-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Can we not just let this go now folks?

He's been humiliated. He's made his grovelling public apology. How's about we leave him alone?

Don't think so Mikey. This thread will hopefully about picking the player up and showing our appreciation - I think he's worth it.

stanton10
25-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Just in from the pub and didn't understand this, is it me or is this nonsense? :-)

To much me thinks,

ShanksSaidNo
25-01-2012, 10:39 PM
I agree with most that this subject has been done to death and its about time we put it to bed. One thing i will add though is this - i find it absolutely amazing that for all the posts on this subject the fact that most have failed to mention is the utter disrespect Griffiths has shown for our manager. Fenlon went public with his dismay over the first TWO occasions that Griffiths had acted in this way, yet he had forgiven him and made it blatantly clear that it wasn't to happen again. It wasn't a mistimed tackle, he didn't miss an open goal (both honest mistakes) he went out and quite petulantly did exactly what he had been warned against. That for me is the bit that i find most baffling.

frazeHFC
25-01-2012, 10:44 PM
He's apologised. If we just forget about it and give him 100% support then he WILL score goals.

Leigh Leigh Super Leigh :thumbsup:

*yes i have said things like 'send him back cos of his attitude' but we need players of his quality*

HibbyAndy
25-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Here's my tuppence worth...LG will be ( In my lifetime ) The 2nd Hibs player to go on and bag over a hundred goals for us.

He IS that good.

And i fully expect he will go on and do so.

Dinkydoo
25-01-2012, 10:55 PM

It's ok he talks ***** all the time :greengrin:

Captain Trips
25-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Our short term(ism) with contracts may be the deciding factor. I suggested 2 weeks ago Hibs now need to speak to Wolves and get a deal done as long as he wants to be here.

If he scores more goals he will be snapped up by a championship side on wages we cannot match of that I am certain.

Westie1875
25-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Don't think so Mikey. This thread will hopefully about picking the player up and showing our appreciation - I think he's worth it.

:agree: He reminds me of Riordan, wants it too much sometimes which I think has an impact on how he reacts to the criticism. I must admit I wasn't impressed with him to begin with but we are now seeing better performances and he could do really well for us, hope we keep him in the summer.

lyonhibs
25-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Here's my tuppence worth...LG will be ( In my lifetime ) The 2nd Hibs player to go on and bag over a hundred goals for us.

He IS that good.

Folk are aware that he's only on loan until the end of the season, right?? :confused:

Sir David Gray
25-01-2012, 11:40 PM

He IS that good.

100 goals between now and May?

That really would be some going!

:greengrin

HibsMax
25-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Our short term(ism) with contracts may be the deciding factor. I suggested 2 weeks ago Hibs now need to speak to Wolves and get a deal done as long as he wants to be here.

If he scores more goals he will be snapped up by a championship side on wages we cannot match of that I am certain.

I don't think the length of the contract bears much relevance to be honest - and I know this is something we've talked about before. While I agree that signing up GOOD players on longer contracts makes sense, how do we know if they will be GOOD for us? We don't. If we sign someone on a longer contract and they don't produce the goods for Hibs, we're left with a crappy player or paying compensation to end his contract early.

It's a difficult balance. Do you give a player a long contract and hope he turns out good or do you give him a shorter contract and hope you can hold onto him if he turns good?

Who'd be a manager?

EDIT : back on topic - I would love Hibs to sign LG up to a longer deal if he can continue to score goals and learns from his three costly mistakes.

muzzhfc
25-01-2012, 11:50 PM
if he can cut out his nonsense then get him signed up. he has certain riordan credentials - attitude, scores goals and winds up the yams (to me that should be enough to sign anyone up!)

Captain Trips
25-01-2012, 11:51 PM
I don't think the length of the contract bears much relevance to be honest - and I know this is something we've talked about before. While I agree that signing up GOOD players on longer contracts makes sense, how do we know if they will be GOOD for us? We don't. If we sign someone on a longer contract and they don't produce the goods for Hibs, we're left with a crappy player or paying compensation to end his contract early.

It's a difficult balance. Do you give a player a long contract and hope he turns out good or do you give him a shorter contract and hope you can hold onto him if he turns good?

Who'd be a manager?

You cannot sign players on short deals just in case they are crap, you yake the risk and sign to do a job in long term like we have always done. We have went down this short route and it doesnt work, a bad signing is a bad signing even for 6mths. By and large when we spotted a good player in past we signed them for as long as we can, you have to trust manager can do this.

Dunbar Hibee
25-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Super Leigh Griffiths!!

HibsMax
25-01-2012, 11:57 PM
You cannot sign players on short deals just in case they are crap, you yake the risk and sign to do a job in long term like we have always done. We have went down this short route and it doesnt work, a bad signing is a bad signing even for 6mths. By and large when we spotted a good player in past we signed them for as long as we can, you have to trust manager can do this.

Hibs aren't in a position where we can sign big names....they're just not coming to Hibs. That means we're signing players of slightly questionable quality. Do we sign them up for 2, 3 or 4 year deals? That also seems like a risk.

The fact is there are pros and cons associated with both approaches, we just happen to be fighting the fight for opposing views. I don't think either approach is wrong because I can see failings in them both e.g., sign a player on a short-term contract, he turns out to be good and leaves us for somewhere else. Or, we sign a guy who we think is good (long-term), he turns out to be a dud and we're left with him (or a compo payment).

I would agree with you that we should be signing players with an eye to the future and if a player is good enough to sign for 6 months he should be good enough to sign for 2 years, otherwise why are we signing him in the first place? I'm not talking about stop-gap measures, signing just to get us through X months.

HibbyAndy
26-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Folk are aware that he's only on loan until the end of the season, right?? :confused:

Hibs aren't in a position where we can sign big names....they're just not coming to Hibs. That means we're signing players of slightly questionable quality. Do we sign them up for 2, 3 or 4 year deals? That also seems like a risk.

The fact is there are pros and cons associated with both approaches, we just happen to be fighting the fight for opposing views. I don't think either approach is wrong because I can see failings in them both e.g., sign a player on a short-term contract, he turns out to be good and leaves us for somewhere else. Or, we sign a guy who we think is good (long-term), he turns out to be a dud and we're left with him (or a compo payment).

I would agree with you that we should be signing players with an eye to the future and if a player is good enough to sign for 6 months he should be good enough to sign for 2 years, otherwise why are we signing him in the first place? I'm not talking about stop-gap measures, signing just to get us through X months.

He will be a Hibs player alright next season.

Dashing Bob S
26-01-2012, 12:05 AM

Your forgetting about Leigh's ability to alter the space-time continuum with Jocky Scott, as evidenced in his blog. It should be fairly straightforward.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-01-2012, 12:30 AM

That anyone thinks; 'legend potential' when they think of this charactor says it all about how far we've sunk.:rolleyes:

Jones28
27-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Would love it for LG to sign a long term deal :agree:

Wolves don't want/need him, not when they've one of our own banging the goals in for them.

Give them £250,000 and get the laddie on a long term deal :flag:

Captain Trips
27-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Would love it for LG to sign a long term deal :agree:

Wolves don't want/need him, not when they've one of our own banging the goals in for them.

Give them £250,000 and get the laddie on a long term deal :flag:

If he is not signed now and continues even steady form I think will be signed by a championship club, however he might be happy not to sign for longer but I think he would be a great signing if he stays a loan I do not see him here next term.

ScottB
27-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Legend. Must be the most ridiculously overused word in the English language to describe even the most average of people.

At this point he'll be remembered more for being the numpty that kept getting himself suspended for gesturing at the fans than a goal machine. Let's see if he can make it to May scoring more goals than games he gets banned from then we will see!

tomhorn
27-01-2012, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=Jack;3087702]

What else?
QUOTE]

He also likes to love the ladies...(according to the gutter press)