PDA

View Full Version : Tribute at Barca/Real Game

heretoday
25-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Watching Barca v Real in Spanish cup. There was a tribute to the passing of a former player before kick-off which consisted of about thirty seconds of cello music.

It was brief, well observed and moving.

An alternative to our awkward silences and bursts of clapping?

Hibs Class
25-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Watching Barca v Real in Spanish cup. There was a tribute to the passing of a former player before kick-off which consisted of about thirty seconds of cello music.

It was brief, well observed and moving.

An alternative to our awkward silences and bursts of clapping?

Silences aren't awkward and when properly observed can be both moving and spine tingling. Much prefer silence to applause.

Biggie
25-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Silences aren't awkward and when properly observed can be both moving and spine tingling. Much prefer silence to applause.
I agree, but we've (Scottish football authorities) caved to the knuckledraggers (or pandered to the old firm) who cant be trusted to keep quiet...quite embarrassing really..

frazeHFC
25-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I agree, but we've (Scottish football authorities) caved to the knuckledraggers (or pandered to the old firm) who cant be trusted to keep quiet...quite embarrassing really..

Yeah sometimes i am glad when it is an applaud because you always get idiots that ruin silences which is embaressing. I prefer silences myself, but there are the tossers out there.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-01-2012, 09:29 PM
That shot from Ozil was an absolute howitzer!!! That would have been goal of the season by a mile had that went in.

Cracking game so far, how Real are not ahead I'll never know.

Sir David Gray
25-01-2012, 09:42 PM

:agree: Totally agree.

Absolutely hate applauses and I find them quite inappropriate to be honest.

If there's people who ruin a silence, they should be identified and chucked out. There should be no pandering to them by having an applause instead.

Biggie
25-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Sorry but that's a 'kin joke...ref totally bottled that one

I'm_cabbaged
25-01-2012, 09:50 PM
What a goal!

Biggie
25-01-2012, 09:52 PM
What a goal!

Jesus, aye, what he said..:top marks

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Sorry but that's a 'kin joke...ref totally bottled that one

:agree: Should have walked, but justice was served seconds later with that wonder strike from Alves. :top marks