PDA

View Full Version : League Cup semis

Diclonius
25-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Am I right in thinking that the biggest Ayrshire derby of all time has been shafted in favour of Falkirk versus ****ing Celtic?!

Mikey_1875
25-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Am I right in thinking that the biggest Ayrshire derby of all time has been shafted in favour of Falkirk versus ****ing Celtic?!

yeah, can maybe understand why, there's no doubting a neutral will prefer to see the Derby but maybe they want as many ayr and killie fans there as possible. Might be the reason however still pissed off as would have preferred to see the Derby!

greenlex
25-01-2012, 05:46 PM
yeah, can maybe understand why, there's no doubting a neutral will prefer to see the Derby but maybe they want as many ayr and killie fans there as possible. Might be the reason however still pissed off as would have preferred to see the Derby!

There is no way in hell that TV has considered fans in this.

Saorsa
25-01-2012, 05:51 PM
There is no way in hell that TV has considered fans in this.Just the norm then!

Carheenlea
25-01-2012, 07:45 PM

Absolutely. I don`t watch much football on telly, but I would have tuned in to the Ayrshire derby. Can`t say I`ll be tuning into Falkirk v Celtic.

Hibs Class
25-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Absolutely. I don`t watch much football on telly, but I would have tuned in to the Ayrshire derby. Can`t say I`ll be tuning into Falkirk v Celtic.

I watch a fair amount of football on the tv but seldom watch either side of the OF. When I do it's usually just in the hope of seeing them get beaten.

Fantic
25-01-2012, 08:14 PM

Same here. This derby is the biggest football event for years for Ayrshire and it would have been nice to see it. Instead we get a game that most neutrals will not be intersted in.

Hibernia Na Eir
25-01-2012, 08:17 PM
could you honestly bring yourself to watch possibly the worst Killie team for ages vs boring Ayr United ?
Paint drying stuff !

Broken Gnome
25-01-2012, 08:47 PM

They might have considered the clubs though? Every chance Killie or Ayr would rather not have been on TV.

chrisski33
25-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Dont care wont watch either matches!

Craig_in_Prague
25-01-2012, 08:55 PM
I think it's good for the Killie/Ayr fans that its the Saturday game........but why 1pm?

.Sean.
25-01-2012, 09:06 PM
could you honestly bring yourself to watch possibly the worst Killie team for ages vs boring Ayr United ?
Paint drying stuff !

I for one would rather watch a local derby between 2 real clubs followed bt 2 sets of proper fans than watch any game involving vile that Plastic Paddy institution.

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Unless Hibs are involved, i rarely watch any live games from Scotland. They normally bore the tits off me, so will probably have passed on it anyway had it been the derby game.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Would deffo have watched that one, ye canny beat a guid rip roaring derby.

Would only watch celtic v Falkirk if a Falkirk win was guaranteed.

Typical T.V. ..... FFS

JohnScott
27-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Would deffo have watched that one, ye canny beat a guid rip roaring derby.

Would only watch celtic v Falkirk if a Falkirk win was guaranteed.

Typical T.V. ..... FFS

Sorry Bovril but if I had the power I'd stop all live broadcasts of league and domestic cup games. Nobody can defend charging say, £28 for a Hibs v Hearts game, while broadcasting it live. As for sponsors well they will still get plenty coverage on a highlights package that evening or next day. With the greatest respect to you M you could always go to Hampden and take the game in then pop along to Ibrox to see the Hibees. :greengrin