PDA

View Full Version : Rangers reject £7m for Jellywitch

Hibbyradge
25-01-2012, 04:36 PM
I wonder how much they'll get cos they will sell him.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2012, 04:40 PM
They'll accept a marginally higher bid on the last day of the window knowing they won't have time to bring in a replacement for cash. Piss Boyd will then sign as a free agent after the window closes

easty
25-01-2012, 04:45 PM
They would have accepted the bid but the money was going to be paid from a number of overseas accounts set up in the names of Big Sams goldfish, was all a bit dodgy.

Dunbar Hibee
25-01-2012, 04:48 PM
the Hammers won't pay anymore than 7 IMO..

Wotherspiniesta
25-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Is it just me that thinks he's ridiculously over rated?

Biggie
25-01-2012, 05:29 PM

Not just you mate..canny believe they are considering £7M...this is Scottish football he's scoring a few goals in...he's hardly pissing all over us..

Wembley67
25-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I think he will be a huge hit down south with better players around him and could grace the epl with ease.

But for the time being he is a blue nose ****.

Cabbage East
25-01-2012, 05:41 PM
He'd score plenty in the English premier league, he's a very good player. The huns will struggle without him.

iain nolan
25-01-2012, 06:01 PM
lets not forget that rangers who are as bad as us at the moment ,need fresh players like us to try and get the season back on track,
is it not nice to see the mighty rangers lose there top player at this stage off the season and how many times has this happend to hibernian in the last few years ,(and money didt go into squad)
so lets get behind the manager and the new players :agree: who i think will give us 100% and laugh at the glasgow mob( who cant even get anyone on loan .) lose there top player:flag:
ps hope he sold for weekend game

silverhibee
25-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I wonder how much they'll get cos they will sell him.

£9m

SteveHFC
25-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Rhodes is better than him :agree:

brydekirk
25-01-2012, 06:38 PM
They will not let him go until monday, they have a huge game coming up on saturday !

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-01-2012, 07:06 PM
If they do sell him I hope its not to The Hammers, although he would have a great chance to make a name for himself, debut v Millwall!

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2012, 07:41 PM

Vastly overrated IMO.

Perfect example of a foreign name increasing a players value. If he'd been Scottish he'd be valued around £2/3m.

Maybe we should try that with Gebazza El O'Connerio or Mikel Hartavic?

Ozyhibby
25-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Is this a real bid or made up one like in the last transfer window. Looks like they are trying to start a bidding war for a very average player.

itchy07
25-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Lee Clayton, head of sport at the daily mirror tweeting the bid was only 5m +add ons but the deal is now dead. Sam not willing to pay that much.

Ozyhibby
25-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Lee Clayton, head of sport at the daily mirror tweeting the bid was only 5m +add ons but the deal is now dead. Sam not willing to pay that much.

Thought so. They are desperate to sell and are trying to drum artificial interest.

Holmesdale Hibs
25-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Where did you hear the £7m? Not doubting it's true, just interested.

I'm surprised the Huns rejected it because 1) he's good but not that good and 2) everyone know they're skint.

fatbloke
25-01-2012, 09:05 PM
If Jelavic goes get yer mortgage on the mighty Hibernian FC to do them on Saturday. Trust me:greengrin

Hibbyradge
25-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Where did you hear the £7m? Not doubting it's true, just interested.

I'm surprised the Huns rejected it because 1) he's good but not that good and 2) everyone know they're skint.

Radio 5 Live.

R'Albin
25-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Just about anyway could play up front and score goals for Rangers. It seems in recent years no matter how pish the player is (e.g Boyd) they will get goals. Never in a million years worth 7m!

Hibbyradge
25-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Just about anyway could play up front and score goals for Rangers. It seems in recent years no matter how pish the player is (e.g Boyd) they will get goals. Never in a million years worth 7m!

You think Boyd was pish? Seriously?

Jonnyboy
25-01-2012, 11:05 PM
He'd score plenty in the English premier league, he's a very good player. The huns will struggle without him.

Best news yet :aok:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-01-2012, 11:36 PM
We are in the midst of the worst recession in living memory and The Hammers offer 7 mil for Jelavic

This is the end of English football. Hell mend them

R'Albin
26-01-2012, 07:06 AM
You think Boyd was pish? Seriously?

I had in my head that he scored a lot less goals away from the SPL than he did.. Bad example.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Boyd scored for fun in the spl, as soon as he left his comfort blanket, he was shown up for what he really is.

An average unfit overweight footballer, who has a knack of scoring goals in a very poor league, helped by a team who are much better than the rest bar one team.

Steve20
26-01-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm sure people are just saying "he's not that good" because he is playing for one of the Old Firm. Jelavic is a very good player. They could get £9m for him.

Some people probaly said Brian Laudrup or Henrik Larsson were overrated just because they played for the Old Firm

SquashedFrogg
26-01-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm sure people are just saying "he's not that good" because he is playing for one of the Old Firm. Jelavic is a very good player. They could get £9m for him.

Some people probaly said Brian Laudrup or Henrik Larsson were overrated just because they played for the Old Firm

Are you seriously comparing Jelavic with Laudrup & Larsson? :idiot:

My opinion of him has nothing to do with him playing for the old firm. A championship player/bottom of the EPL at best.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Are you seriously comparing Jelavic with Laudrup & Larsson? :idiot:

I don't think that's his point, tbh.

A lot of people can't/won't see the merits of a player purely because they play for one of our arch rivals.

Seriously, I remember arguing with folk who thought Gasgoine was pish when he was at Rangers. :rolleyes:

My opinion of him has nothing to do with him playing for the old firm. A championship player/bottom of the EPL at best.

That's an interesting point, though. If Jelaxic is a championship player and worth £8m (split the difference), which leagues should Hibs be "raiding" for our players, given we can't afford a fraction of that in transfer fees?

Not necessarily a question aimed at you. More rhettorical, likesay! :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
26-01-2012, 03:20 PM
I don't think that's his point, tbh.

A lot of people can't/won't see the merits of a player purely because they play for one of our arch rivals.

Seriously, I remember arguing with folk who thought Gasgoine was pish when he was at Rangers. :rolleyes:

That's an interesting point, though. If Jelaxic is a championship player and worth £8m (split the difference), which leagues should Hibs be "raiding" for our players, given we can't afford a fraction of that in transfer fees?

Not necessarily a question aimed at you. More rhettorical, likesay! :greengrin

Fair points Mr Radge.

I'm big enough and ugly enough to admit if a player who plays at one of our rivals is quality. I just don't see it with Jelavic. A few years back when money was a plenty he would be sitting on the bench at Rangers.

Whilst West Ham appear to offering big money, his wages will still be comparatively low in comparison to an £8m player from the prem. So whist it sounds mega bucks, it's not really, in the grand scheme of things. Especially if they get promoted.

I made an earlier point that if he was playing at Hibs, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen he'd be valued at £2/3m.

If the likes of Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton had put bids in matching West Ham, I may be inclined to doubt my impression of him.

Rhetorical folk ken whits gaun on :cb

blueisthecolour
26-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Boyd scored for fun in the spl, as soon as he left his comfort blanket, he was shown up for what he really is.

An average unfit overweight footballer, who has a knack of scoring goals in a very poor league, helped by a team who are much better than the rest bar one team.
Boyd was never the best footballer but my word the boy knows were the net is, killie he played 153 games and scored 63 goals, Rangers he scored 101 goals in 143 games, at bora he played 27 games some of these were late subs and he managed 6 goals but when he went to forrest he scored 6 in 10 games, so football abilty maybe not the best but goals he will get.

HibbyAndy
26-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Boyd was never the best footballer but my word the boy knows were the net is, killie he played 153 games and scored 63 goals, Rangers he scored 101 goals in 143 games, at bora he played 27 games some of these were late subs and he managed 6 goals but when he went to forrest he scored 6 in 10 games, so football abilty maybe not the best but goals he will get.

Not doubting you, But can you back up this fact?.

He was absolute honking at Boro And done not much better at Forest i think.

Oh and i dont need to be a rantic fan to know he never played in big games for Der hun :aok: And had zero return in the way of old firm games :aok:

Fat, Overweight, Finished.

lyonhibs
26-01-2012, 09:42 PM

Oh and i dont need to be a rantic fan to know he never played in big games for Der hun :aok: And had zero return in the way of old firm games :aok:

Fat, Overweight, Finished and a total ching monkey (allegedly)

Just a wee addition there. Banged them in with gay abandon against the "wee" teams, a quality that - god knows -is invaluable in a SPL context, but where is he now (that's a serious question??)

The latest in a line of Scottish players who've proven to be about as much use as a chocolate teapot south of Carlisle.

blueisthecolour
26-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Fat, Overweight, Finished.

Quick search will find stats.
Goals against celtic are few because he hardly played against them due to a change of tactics.

Boyd never scored against celtic, wee quiz question

Who did Boyd score his 100th Scottish priemer league goal against?

HibbyAndy
26-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Quick search will find stats.
Goals against celtic are few because he hardly played against them due to a change of tactics.

Boyd never scored against celtic, wee quiz question

Who did Boyd score his 100th Scottish priemer league goal against?

Tactics???? :hilarious.......Aye Walter and Ally left KB out for tactics right enough.

Yes Boyd did score against Celtc and i know that,Deary me,

Boyd's 100th goal?? Ask some one who gives a toss!!

R'Albin
26-01-2012, 10:17 PM
For what its worth... I don't give a toss... but was it United?

blueisthecolour
26-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Tactics???? :hilarious.......Aye Walter and Ally left KB out for tactics right enough.

You said he had zero return,now you say you know he scored against celtic, make up your mind.

His 100 was against celtic.

HibbyAndy
26-01-2012, 10:30 PM
:confused:
You said he had zero return,now you say you know he scored against celtic, make up your mind.

His 100 was against celtic.

KB scored 1 goal against Celtc and that was for Killie i reckon

Bore off with the rest.Im not interested

lyonhibs
26-01-2012, 10:42 PM

Be fair Andy, the tactic they used against Celtc that resulted in Boyd getting dropped all the time was the well known:

4-5-Notaslow,lazy*****bagwho'saslikelytogetsentoffashe istoscoreagainstahalfdecentdefence.

Hibbyradge
26-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Be fair Andy, the tactic they used against Celtc that resulted in Boyd getting dropped all the time was the well known:

4-5-Notaslow,lazy*****bagwho'saslikelytogetsentoffashe istoscoreagainstahalfdecentdefence.

Seriously?

If he'd played for Hibs he'd be one of your all time heroes.

He scores goals. I could be wrong, but IIRC, Deek's goals against the Old Firm were few and far between too.

Is he a slow, lazy*****bagwho'saslikelytogetsentoffasheistoscore againstahalfdecentdefence too?

Maybe you better not answer that! :wink:

H18sry
27-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Raman Bhardwaj @STVRaman Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
McCoist - Jelavic won't play tomorrow. He has a virus :wink:

blueisthecolour
27-01-2012, 01:18 PM
:confused:

KB scored 1 goal against Celtc and that was for Killie i reckon

Bore off with the rest.Im not interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upx7TYD10wo&feature=related

Learn something new everyday.

blueisthecolour
27-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Seriously?

If he'd played for Hibs he'd be one of your all time heroes.

He scores goals. I could be wrong, but IIRC, Deek's goals against the Old Firm were few and far between too.

Is he a slow, lazy*****bagwho'saslikelytogetsentoffasheistoscore againstahalfdecentdefence too?

Maybe you better not answer that! :wink:

A goal against celtic is the same as a goal against hibs killie saints ect, 3pts for win against celtic same as against other teams.

blackpoolhibs
27-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Are there many youtube videos of his goals in decent football?

lapsedhibee
27-01-2012, 05:21 PM
For what its worth... I don't give a toss... but was it United?

Not sure if he scored against United, but he should certainly have been awarded a penalty against them. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r7vzo4R3YE)