Sorry if already posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ynIMhBJssE

Mikey
25-01-2012, 04:47 PM
:aok:

Liam89
25-01-2012, 04:50 PM
:aok:

Good on him, seemed genuinely disappointed. Although, judging by some of the things he said in the interview it seems as though he does let little snidey comments from the odd fan get to him far too much than it should for a footballer!

Sherlock Jones
25-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Gaun yersel Leigh - kick on, son :aok:

HibsMax
Good for him. Hopefully he's learned his lesson now. Doesn't shy away from the fact that he knows he has a problem and has been stupid in the past.

HibsMax
Good on him, seemed genuinely disappointed. Although, judging by some of the things he said in the interview it seems as though he does let little snidey comments from the odd fan get to him far too much than it should for a footballer!

He's a human being first, then a football player. But he does need to grow a few more layers of skin.

greenlex
25-01-2012, 04:57 PM
He's not really grasped the apology bit has he? he's not got that nailed down. :greengrin
To harsh?

neilmartinrocks
25-01-2012, 04:57 PM
fair play to the laddie didn't look too comfy during that. hope he pulls the finger out rather than flicking it now.:aok:

HibsMax
25-01-2012, 04:59 PM
fair play to the laddie didn't look too comfy during that. hope he pulls the finger out rather than flicking it now.:aok:

That's a GREAT point. Fenlon should make Griffiths play with mittens on then we can't see what he's doing with his hands! :cb

HibeeMG
25-01-2012, 05:00 PM
He's a human being first, then a football player. But he does need to grow a few more layers of skin.

I agree that he does need to be thicker skinned but the fans who are giving him abuse need to have a word with themselves.

Where I sit in the East, I don't hear any abuse at him. If I had heard any around me I'm pretty sure it would have got shouted down by others.

Wotherspiniesta
25-01-2012, 05:01 PM

Perhaps, but then again it should be pointed out that he is a Hibs fan. When things go wrong for Hibs, he's just as pissed off as the rest of us. The only difference is, his actions are in the spotlight. He's hurting like most of us are. Its up to us to get behind him.

chrisski33
It appears to me that hes been told to.issue this by the club and isnt comfortable doing it. Its a start so.hopefully he will have learnt his lesson

neilmartinrocks
:lol:
that's a great point. Fenlon should make griffiths play with mittens on then we can't see what he's doing with his hands! :cb

.Sean.
25-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Good for him, hopefully he's learned his lesson finally and we can all move on.

Monts
25-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Fair play coming out and talking about it. I hope he does sort himself out. The big question now tho is...

Does he have the biggest forehead in football? :greengrin

DanHFC1875
25-01-2012, 05:15 PM
The apology is all very well and I hope he kicks on from here, but these bans for the same thing... missing all 2 important league games and a game in the Holy Grail. :boo hoo:
not happy, let's just hope when he's back he really pays back Fenlon, Hibs and more importantly..... Us, the Fans. :flag:

N.Wales Hibby
25-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Perhaps, but then again it should be pointed out that he is a Hibs fan. When things go wrong for Hibs, he's just as pissed off as the rest of us. The only difference is, his actions are in the spotlight. He's hurting like most of us are. Its up to us to get behind him.

Agree. The laddie is young and shows a bit of immaturity. .....The interview reminded me of my my Dad saying to me ' Sit doon there I want a word with you'

nonshinyfinish
25-01-2012, 05:30 PM
I'll forgive any gesture Leigh, just don't wear that maroon hoodie again.

BEEJ
25-01-2012, 05:31 PM
He's not really grasped the apology bit has he? he's not got that nailed down. :greengrin
To harsh?
Is his very first sentence in that interview not enough?

Or do you advocate Hibs players being seen to grovel on YouTube?

greenlex
25-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Is his very first sentence in that interview not enough?

Or do you advocate Hibs players being seen to grovel on YouTube?
Interviewer - Do you want to issue an apology?
Leigh - Aye I want to issue an apology.

Does he actually do it?
He should have answered Yes I would like to apologise to everyone. .. bourne out of frustration etc...blah blah blah.

Ok maybe a bit harsh but no need for grovelling on Youtube.

neilmartinrocks
25-01-2012, 05:38 PM
To harsh?

maybe just a tad.

big-mo
25-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Are we now going to get an apology from the small band of 'fans' who abused him????

Paisley Hibby
25-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Are we now going to get an apology from the small band of 'fans' who abused him????

Excellent point!

Stantons Angel
25-01-2012, 05:56 PM
The fans that abused him should shoulder some of the blame for this fiasco! He reacted to them for a THIRD time and will miss three games when we need him most!

The whole point of the apology seems to have missed the lad though? He keeps stating that he is working hard and scoring goals, which we cannot argue with. BUT he has to be on the park giving his all every week to be doing this. NOT sitting on his backside in the stand!

Every game we play now is like a cup final and the flair players like him are badly needed!

We are all HIBS' supporters and need to get behind the team and do our bit to help them. Easter Road should be a fortress where other teams fear to play. Instead its looked on as an easy three points to the opposition, especially when the support and the team are at each others throats!

i really hope the "penny" finally drops with Leigh, sitting in the stand is not helping us stay up and it wont help his loan period become permanent!!

PLEASE grow up and do your talking with your feet, on the park!!!

God Petrie
25-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Ooooo leith balotelli
His names Leigh Griffiths
He's f'in class
He doesn't like the hibs fans when they tell him that he's sh*te
He loves scoring goals to keep the hibs in the top flight
Oooooh leith balotelli

Jamesie
25-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Can't watch the video as I'm at work but presumably along with the apology he confirms that he's either been fined or will accept no payment for the games he'll miss through his own petulance? :confused:

Saorsa
25-01-2012, 06:48 PM
To harsh?Aye, you're right, I think he should get down on his hands and knees and apologise individually tae each of the loudmouths in that corner that were giving him it tight.

Are we now going to get an apology from the small band of 'fans' who abused him????Nah, because they think what they did is fine, they paid their money, blah, blah, blah.

ALF TUPPER
25-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Looked very uncomfortable and seemed pretty sincere.

Do your SFA porridge and get back scoring goals. Get it up the boo boys by firing in a barrel load of goals for the Hibees .
Coda

ALF TUPPER
25-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Looked very uncomfortable and seemed pretty sincere.

Do your SFA porridge and get back scoring goals. Get it up the boo boys by firing in a barrel load of goals for the Hibees .
Coda

scoopyboy
25-01-2012, 07:38 PM

They never abused him, they were merely advising him how to take corners.

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Seemed to me he was a little uncomfortable doing that, make it the last time Lee.

SMAXXA
25-01-2012, 08:49 PM
To be expected, and fair play to the club and Leigh, hopefully just draw a line under it and move on. He shouldnt have done it but lets face it, its not the end of the world and I would rather still have him at the club as im sure he has something to contribute in us getting out of this relegation dig fight.

If he helps keep us up he can give the main stand a moony for all I care, only after we are safe though :greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Fair play to the laddie for doing that.

That has the end of it tho, whether it be total roasters giving him it tight or whether he is a wee bit sensitive.

We cant afford to have him sitting in the stand, and he cant afford a repeat given his own position at Wolves.

jdships
25-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Fair play to the laddie for doing that.

That has the end of it tho, whether it be total roasters giving him it tight or whether he is a wee bit sensitive.

We cant afford to have him sitting in the stand, and he cant afford a repeat given his own position at Wolves.

That's it for me !
" Last chance saloon" surely .
I would imagine Wolves must be taking note of this and understand that PF has already put his cards on the table.

Grow up lad " act your age not your shoe size"

Holmesdale Hibs
25-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Good on him, hopefully he'll grow up and continue his good form when he returns. The bit about the fans getting behind '...not just me but whole team' was completely true. To be honest, this whole thing is embarrassing whatever way you look at it.

It'd be good if the fan in question wrote to Leigh or made a public apology for acting like a ****. Somehow I can't see it.

Eyrie
25-01-2012, 09:11 PM
He looked that uncomfortable I'm wondering if the video was part of his punishment from Fenlon. Hopefully it was no more than nerves at being on camera (he'd be worried the compliance officer was watching).

bingo70
25-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Was clearly a punishment, if it was up to him I doubt he'd be giving the apology, or he would have done it after the first time.

That said I don't really care, he's obviously still going to be here till the end of the season so let's just hope he's learned his lesson and we hear no more about it although my preference would be for whoever takes his place in the team takes their chance and griffiths can't get back in the team cos we're scoring goals and winning games without him

Hibspirational
25-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Whilst I appreciate the apology, I'm more annoyed that he's going to be missing three games!!! :brickwall

IndieHibby
25-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Whilst I appreciate the apology, I'm more annoyed that he's going to be missing three games!!! :brickwall

I'm really, really looking forward to you increasing your post count.....

Hibspirational
25-01-2012, 10:12 PM

Whatever :dunno:

Hibspirational
25-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Unless your talking about the lovely SSN presenter Charlotte Jackson. :cb

Shrekko
25-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Looks like whatever he did he was going to get criticised for.

I think he struck the right balance by apologising but making it clear what (rightly or wrongly) caused the reaction. Rather that than a statement prepared by someone else going out on the web-site. He didn't look like he wanted to be in front of the camera but I guess that's the way he is at the best of times.

He's been stupid and should know better- just like the fans home and away who abuse him for virtually no reason.

Bad Martini
25-01-2012, 10:36 PM
He said sorry. He made his case why he reacted.

And that's that.

Now we move on. Murray was forgiven for joining the Huns and giving us the finger. Griffiths never joined the Huns and will be forgiven when he returns and scores plenty....

edinburghhibee
25-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Good on him, hopefully he'll grow up and continue his good form when he returns. The bit about the fans getting behind '...not just me but whole team' was completely true. To be honest, this whole thing is embarrassing whatever way you look at it.

It'd be good if the fan in question wrote to Leigh or made a public apology for acting like a ****. Somehow I can't see it.

You seem to know exactly what was said to LG, fancy sharing?

HibsMax
26-01-2012, 12:03 AM
I imagine he looks so uncomfortable because most people don't like admitting they're wrong in public (source : nothing scientific, just a guess). He's probably very embarrassed as well. If he was all smiles and jokes then I would take him less seriously.

Holmesdale Hibs
26-01-2012, 01:01 PM
You seem to know exactly what was said to LG, fancy sharing?

I didn't hear what was said, although I'd be interested if anyone else on here did. My post was based on the abuse I've heard Hibs players receive in the past. Unless we hear otherwise, I think it's a reasonable assumption that the abuse was pretty bad.