PDA

View Full Version : Hibs not appealing Griffiths ban

hibee_girl
25-01-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120125/club-statement_2262950_2588680

Dunbar Hibee
25-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Sounds like he'll be staying for the rest of the season though which is good news. I just hope he can calm himself down and that some of our fans can refrain themselves from abusing him.

LancashireHibby
25-01-2012, 03:17 PM
The best apology he can offer is to score a hatful once his suspension(s) end.

Sir David Gray
25-01-2012, 03:38 PM
There was no point in appealing it, he was quite clearly guilty of making the gesture and the appeal would have been thrown out.

Just hope for everyone's sake that this is the end of it and that he behaves himself from now on.

brog
25-01-2012, 06:54 PM
There was no point in appealing it, he was quite clearly guilty of making the gesture and the appeal would have been thrown out.

Just hope for everyone's sake that this is the end of it and that he behaves himself from now on.
I think we should have challenged the whole process & brought the Compliance Officer under scrutiny. There is absolutely no doubt LG is being hit with a suspension because the BBC chose to highlight a tiny gesture which has probably happened countless times previously without punishment. Unless the CO is checking every minute of every game he should not be making judgements on edited highlights of actions which had no influence on the game's outcome. IS GOC the only person to successfully challenge the CO & are Hibs being punished for that success?
I'm actually surprised Celtc fans haven't realised we're now losing both strikers for Rangers game & highlighted the conspiracy!!

Hibs Class
25-01-2012, 09:14 PM
I think we should have challenged the whole process & brought the Compliance Officer under scrutiny. There is absolutely no doubt LG is being hit with a suspension because the BBC chose to highlight a tiny gesture which has probably happened countless times previously without punishment. Unless the CO is checking every minute of every game he should not be making judgements on edited highlights of actions which had no influence on the game's outcome. IS GOC the only person to successfully challenge the CO & are Hibs being punished for that success?
I'm actually surprised Celtc fans haven't realised we're now losing both strikers for Rangers game & highlighted the conspiracy!!

Agree. If it was a celtic player banned three times after the compliance officer stepped in you can be sure they would have the press onside and paul mcbride on the case.