PDA

View Full Version : NHC Victor Palsson

Future17
25-01-2012, 01:46 PM
..set to become team-mates with Thierry Henry at NY Red Bulls.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7451912/

Spike Mandela
25-01-2012, 01:49 PM

Good luck to him. This time last year we thought we had a good one now we want a Goodwin.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Good luck to him. This time last year we thought we had a good one now we want a Goodwin.:greengrin

At this stage any win would be a good win.

Dunbar Hibee
25-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Good move for him, hope he does well.

Nelly070
25-01-2012, 02:00 PM

I thought Henry was back at Arsenal on loan ??

Judas Iscariot
25-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Good move for him, hope he does well.

I really couldn't care less tbh, didn't bother his arse when here and swanned aroond like billy big time..

Barney McGrew
25-01-2012, 02:08 PM
I thought Henry was back at Arsenal on loan ??

Just for a couple of months, it's their mid season break just now.

It's a good move for Palsson, hope it works out for him :agree:

Mikey_1875
25-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Is this a step up/side step from the spl? Would have thought he'd be on better wages but don't watch any MLS. Quite surprised though I was thinking league 2 or conference for him.

Calvin
25-01-2012, 02:12 PM
I would have said a step up. He has moved to the MLS runners up and the MLS now is a better league than the SPL.

Dunbar Hibee
25-01-2012, 02:13 PM
I really couldn't care less tbh, didn't bother his arse when here and swanned aroond like billy big time..

Things didn't work out for him here but I still think he has a bright future in the game.

SquashedFrogg
25-01-2012, 02:24 PM
At least they'll not have to worry about him getting steaming in nightclubs !!:agree:

Kato
25-01-2012, 02:30 PM
At least they'll not have to worry about him getting steaming in nightclubs !!:agree:

Are there no night clubs in NY?

Golden Bear
25-01-2012, 02:32 PM
At this stage any win would be a good win.

Goodyin!

Radium
25-01-2012, 02:32 PM

need to be 21 to drink in the states

Sergio sledge
25-01-2012, 02:33 PM

He isn't 21 yet is he?

Kato
25-01-2012, 02:35 PM
He isn't 21 yet is he?

A-ha. :greengrin

johnbc70
25-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Surprised but good luck to him. If he can show the form he did against St Mirren when he first joined he will do very well. Wonder if we will look back in a few years and think what could have been?

Barney McGrew
25-01-2012, 04:15 PM
A-ha. :greengrin

Nah, they're Norwegian IIRC. He's Icelandic.

greenlex
25-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Nah, they're Norwegian IIRC. He's Icelandic.
Bassa. Beat me to it. :greengrin

easty
25-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Surprised but good luck to him. If he can show the form he did against St Mirren when he first joined he will do very well. Wonder if we will look back in a few years and think what could have been?

Does that one game against St Mirren class as "form"?

johnbc70
25-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Does that one game against St Mirren class as "form"?

I guess not! Should of said if he can consistently play like that then things will work out for him. There is a player in there, we have seen that and he just needs to play like that on a consistent basis.

Albanian Hibs
25-01-2012, 05:13 PM
I would have said a step up. He has moved to the MLS runners up and the MLS now is a better league than the SPL.

:agree:

fat freddy
25-01-2012, 05:55 PM
i thought we had a real player on our hands when he first signed for us...i remember telling a jambo mate that he was too good for hibs and he would be snapped up for a few million within a year!!....i think i also told him thornhill was good so what do i know?...the thing is though, i still think palsson could be a cracking player...i just think he wasn't coached/nurtured correctly by calderwood and by the time pat fenlon arrived the boys attitude had sunk to an all time low...im convinced a good manager could make him the player we all thought he might be.

easty
25-01-2012, 06:01 PM
i thought we had a real player on our hands when he first signed for us...i remember telling a jambo mate that he was too good for hibs and he would be snapped up for a few million within a year!!....i think i also told him thornhill was good so what do i know?...the thing is though, i still think palsson could be a cracking player...i just think he wasn't coached/nurtured correctly by calderwood and by the time pat fenlon arrived the boys attitude had sunk to an all time low...im convinced a good manager could make him the player we all thought he might be.

Calderwood can be blamed for a lot of things but he's no to blame for Palssons attitude.

fat freddy
25-01-2012, 06:14 PM
i dont know if i agree with that...calderwood was incapable of giving the players a boot up the arse when they needed one and maybe all palsson needed when he was going off the rails was a hard kick to put him back on track...perhaps a decent manager like stein, fergie or turnbull would sort the boys attitude out with a few harsh words and a heavy dose of discipline....calderwood was sadly lacking on the discipline front and it showed in all the players attitudes.

NYHibby
25-01-2012, 10:34 PM

They were not the MLS runners up last year, not sure where you got that from. They struggled to finish tenth and lost early in the playoffs.

While MLS is a better league, I can't imagine he would be starting for them. I see this as more of a sideways move if it happens.

Dashing Bob S
25-01-2012, 10:59 PM
They were not the MLS runners up last year, not sure where you got that from. They struggled to finish tenth and lost early in the playoffs.

While MLS is a better league, I can't imagine he would be starting for them. I see this as more of a sideways move if it happens.

I watch a lot of MLS, and the Red Bulls, and there are very few leagues that are as poor as the SPL, but the MLS is one of them. Passionless chessboard football from players who are afraid to attack space, played in toytown legoland stadiums designed to eradicate any atmosphere, not that the coalition of soccer mums and nerds provide that.

The only thing good about it is the chicks, man. There's always stacks of hot chicks at American sporting events.

But I prefer hot dogs to barbaqued chicken.

GreenCastle
26-01-2012, 12:08 AM
I watch a lot of MLS, and the Red Bulls, and there are very few leagues that are as poor as the SPL, but the MLS is one of them. Passionless chessboard football from players who are afraid to attack space, played in toytown legoland stadiums designed to eradicate any atmosphere, not that the coalition of soccer mums and nerds provide that.

The only thing good about it is the chicks, man. There's always stacks of hot chicks at American sporting events.

Your miles off with nearly all of that :confused:

MLS is moving forward with quality players - stadiums - supporters groups / rise in crowds and affordable to fans.

SPL is going backwards with poor players - rarely renovated stadiums and crowds dropping in a league where the product is no where near value for money.

Add to the fact the MLS is more competitive than the SPL and there is no argument here.

Have witnessed both live and the only thing your correct about is the females at the games - and that's not even when Beckham is in town.

Calvin
26-01-2012, 05:35 AM

Sorry, for some reason had it in my head that their last game of the season versus LA Galaxy was the final - clearly not.

HibeesLA
26-01-2012, 05:54 AM

You need to go to a Chivas game then Bob. Much better atmosphere when the Mexican's are partying, and the taco stands outside the stadium are better than any bbq chicken.

Haymaker
26-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Your miles off with nearly all of that :confused:

MLS is moving forward with quality players - stadiums - supporters groups / rise in crowds and affordable to fans.

SPL is going backwards with poor players - rarely renovated stadiums and crowds dropping in a league where the product is no where near value for money.

Add to the fact the MLS is more competitive than the SPL and there is no argument here.

Have witnessed both live and the only thing your correct about is the females at the games - and that's not even when Beckham is in town.

Completely agreed, went to a RB game last summer and it was fantastic. Good prices, Great atmosphere from behind the goals as well! Red Bull arena is amazing as well, lovely purpose built stadium.

Some good football and alot of balance throughout the league. much better set up.

Sammy7nil
26-01-2012, 07:51 PM

MLS teams pay massive wages to 1 or 2 players all the rest of the team are on much less.

the overall averags MLS standard = SPL altough they do have some very good players in the league.

GreenCastle
26-01-2012, 10:32 PM
MLS teams pay massive wages to 1 or 2 players all the rest of the team are on much less.

the overall averags MLS standard = SPL altough they do have some very good players in the league.

You can't knock the salary cap - yes there are some funny ways you have to manage your squads but least the league is competitive unlike the 2 horse SPL for the last 26 / 27 years.

There are some players on low salaries but players like Tim Ream who have just joined Bolton have to earn their move. The average wage is going up and the league are avoiding going bankrupt like the old league they had.

If people think the SPL is better than the MLS they are stuck in a small world - and I like I said the MLS is only going in one direction while the SPL is getting worse and worse sadly :agree:

Haymaker
26-01-2012, 10:45 PM
You can't knock the salary cap - yes there are some funny ways you have to manage your squads but least the league is competitive unlike the 2 horse SPL for the last 26 / 27 years.

Would love a similar salary cap here. All the money into one pot and divided equally between all 12 teams.

GreenCastle
26-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Would love a similar salary cap here. All the money into one pot and divided equally between all 12 teams.

If only - would make the product more exciting for all.

Would even have a draft - the only issue is here we don't have the same college system - but could be still achieved with free transfer / out of contract players possibly.

Haymaker
26-01-2012, 10:49 PM
If only - would make the product more exciting for all.

Would even have a draft - the only issue is here we don't have the same college system - but could be still achieved with free transfer / out of contract players possibly.

The draft would be much more difficult to impliment but it is quite a good idea.

LamontHFC©
26-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Completely agreed, went to a RB game last summer and it was fantastic. Good prices, Great atmosphere from behind the goals as well! Red Bull arena is amazing as well, lovely purpose built stadium.

Some good football and alot of balance throughout the league. much better set up.

I would agree with this. I live in New York now, playing college level football (soccer!), and have also been to a few Red Bull games, and would tend to agree that is it a better level than the SPL. And it is improving. When I was home for Christmas break I went to 4 Hibs games, never saw them win, and the level was, IMO, abysmal, the worst I've ever seen for Hibs.

MLS is getting bigger and more popular and if nothing is done to seriously restructure Scottish football very soon, I worry for the future of our league. MLS is much a more better formatted and run league, and the people at the top actually want the best for the fans and the clubs, which I don't think could be said for the SPL.

Haymaker
27-01-2012, 01:19 AM
I would agree with this. I live in New York now, playing college level football (soccer!), and have also been to a few Red Bull games, and would tend to agree that is it a better level than the SPL. And it is improving. When I was home for Christmas break I went to 4 Hibs games, never saw them win, and the level was, IMO, abysmal, the worst I've ever seen for Hibs.

MLS is getting bigger and more popular and if nothing is done to seriously restructure Scottish football very soon, I worry for the future of our league. MLS is much a more better formatted and run league, and the people at the top actually want the best for the fans and the clubs, which I don't think could be said for the SPL.

Which college do you play for? I stayed at Hofstra this summer running soccer camps, got a nice set up there.

LamontHFC©
28-01-2012, 02:23 AM
Which college do you play for? I stayed at Hofstra this summer running soccer camps, got a nice set up there.

Yeah Hofstra have good facilities. I play at Queens College. It's DII level, it's a pretty decent level, and you canny beat living in New York.

Haymaker
28-01-2012, 03:18 AM
Yeah Hofstra have good facilities. I play at Queens College. It's DII level, it's a pretty decent level, and you canny beat living in New York.

No you certainly cant beat it, hoping to be out there again from July till forever. Mental place! If you're still out there we should meet up for a beer at the first Hibs game of next season!

LamontHFC©
28-01-2012, 05:38 AM
No you certainly cant beat it, hoping to be out there again from July till forever. Mental place! If you're still out there we should meet up for a beer at the first Hibs game of next season!

Yeah definitely, sounds good. That's at some point at the end of August yeah? Cos I'll be there probably from the start of August doing pre season. Would be good to see another person who had even heard of Hibs ha. Trying my best to convert them slowly but surely though!