PDA

View Full Version : SPL discipline count, are we really the bad boys

big-mo
24-01-2012, 07:56 PM
I just notice that Hanlon is now facing a ban after picking up his sixth booking; the Dons’ Arnason will also suffer the same fate.
Osbourne and Sproule are also one booking away from a ban.

Even though we have had no red cards (so far) this season, we are miles ahead on yellows with 50 so far, eight ahead of next highest Rangers and Hearts.

How many of these cards were deserved? We had Hanlon booked on Saturday for climbing yet a Saints player did the exact same two minutes later but got away it.
I don't mind players getting booked for 'real' fouls but hate to see silly ones like celebrating, time wasting and petulance, and what is worse for me is refs inconsistency.

Full card count at -
http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/aberdeen/294704-four-banned-16-walking-tightrope-spl-disciplinary-watch/#stv_clicktracker_source=posts_also_read

Viva_Palmeiras
24-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Who ever the twunt of a ref at Dunfy handed out cards like confetti.

basehibby
24-01-2012, 08:25 PM
We are not a dirty team - the problem is we keep giving the ball away and fouling in attempting to win it back.

Saorsa
24-01-2012, 08:30 PM
The pernickety yellaes handed out for all the daft wee things wouldnae be so bad if any of the clowns could get most (or in the case of some of them) any of the big decisions right but they're too busy trying tae be the centre of attention, running around getting in everybody's faces for every silly wee thing. The level of inconsistency is also pathetic

Kaiser1962
24-01-2012, 08:55 PM
In the SPL since 2000-2001 Hibs now have the joint highest yellow card total of 817 (with Hearts incidentally). In third place are Killie, quite a way back, on 734.

Aberdeen, with 6 reds already this season taking their overall total to 55, have pushed us into fourth place by 1 card. in second place are Dundee United with 59 red cards which is only four behind the leaders, the Yams, on 63 (its a conspiracy)

brog
25-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Both our bookings on Saturday were a joke. Very minor fouls at most & probably the first foul committed by either player. Compare that to Callum Davidson who committed 2 shockers but ended up with the same yellow card.

Judas Iscariot
25-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Amazing that we're so high up when there's not a tackle to be had in this team!!

Petulant, cheap, pointless fouls! Cant remember the last time a Hibs player went in for a "Hard, crunching tackle"

:rolleyes:

Dinkydoo
25-01-2012, 12:49 PM
We lack the talent to win the ball back in most cases therefore, accidently I'm sure, we end up fouling a lot. There was a period in the first half in the last game against Hearts that I think we fouled every time they came forward for about 20 minutes!

Cocohibby
25-01-2012, 01:08 PM
I'd take more cards/suspensions for aggressive play, sadly many of the cards we seem to have picked up are for things far more innocuous