PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell v Dunfermline

micka_weer
24-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Just in case no one else posted, the Motherwell Dunfermline game is on BBC alba tonight at 10pm. M'on the 'well!!!!

RiseAbove
24-01-2012, 04:40 PM
What is the general feeling about tonight's match?

I’m hoping that Dunfermline caught Kilmarnock on a bad day on Saturday, Motherwell haven't won too many homes games this season and Dunfermline's do seem to get better results away from home which is a worry but i'm going for a home win tonight.

I don't believe that it is a two horse race for relegation, St Mirren are on a bad loosing run and I can see them getting dragged into the relegation battle as well.

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 04:42 PM
1-0 Motherwell win.

dmc1875
24-01-2012, 04:44 PM

I’m hoping that Dunfermline caught Kilmarnock on a bad day on Saturday, Motherwell haven't won too many homes games this season and Dunfermline's do seem to get better results away from home which is a worry but i'm going for a home win tonight.

I don't believe that it is a two horse race for relegation, St Mirren are on a bad loosing run and I can see them getting dragged into the relegation battle as well.

Tonight will tell us if their win against Kilmarnock was just a one off, or if the signing of Kerr has given them a lift and they have found a second wind.

Motherwell are gash at home but here's hoping tonights the night they turn the corner and Dunfermline's win at Kilmarnock is proven to be a one off decent performance...

Sir David Gray
24-01-2012, 04:46 PM

St Mirren's only going to be dragged into things if Hibs and Dunfermline pick up about six or seven points more than St Mirren over the next few games.

That looks to be highly unlikely so on that basis, I think it's inevitably going to be between Hibs and Dunfermline for relegation.

I'm hoping that Motherwell can end their poor run at home tonight, although I fear that their 3-0 win at Rugby Park at the weekend will have given Dunfermline a lot of confidence.

I'm going for a home win, although that may be more down to hope rather than expectation. :pray:

Steve20
24-01-2012, 04:47 PM
As I said in another thread, it's vital for us that Motherwell win. I can't see us picking many points up in the next few weeks, so we need Dunfermline to lose all their games too.

In my opinion, it is definitely between us and Dunfermline for the drop.

NOLA
24-01-2012, 04:47 PM
I think the result will go some way to resolving who is bottom of the league by the end of tonight.

TheEastTerrace
24-01-2012, 04:48 PM
M'well aren't in great form - winless in five - but fancy them to sneak it by the odd goal.

Either way, it's a two-way relegation dogfight between us and the Pars IMO

Saorsa
24-01-2012, 04:48 PM
1-0 Motherwell win.Put your money on Dunfy though :wink:

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Put your money on Dunfy though :wink:

I am actually:agree: Cause the outcome is ALWAYS the reverse of my bets:greengrin

Saorsa
24-01-2012, 04:51 PM
I am actually:agree: Cause the outcome is ALWAYS the reverse of my bets:greengrinThat's why I said it ya bam :greengrin

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 04:53 PM
That's why I said it ya bam :greengrin

Mon the bets then:greengrin

Jim44
24-01-2012, 05:01 PM
A win for Dunfermline would be a huge psychological boost for them and a serious psychological blow for us. I think Motherwell might just scrape a win, but I won't be surprised if Dunfermline hustle them outof it. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

easty
24-01-2012, 05:19 PM
A win for Dunfermline would be a huge psychological boost for them and a serious psychological blow for us. I think Motherwell might just scrape a win, but I won't be surprised if Dunfermline hustle them outof it. I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

If Dunfemline win I dont think it'll have any psychological effect on us at all. Plenty football to be played yet, tonight won't decide who goes down.

Motherwell will win comfortably tonight.

hibsbollah
24-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Ultimately, its a vital evening at the bottom and Dunfermline will be hoping to pick up 3 points and leapfrog over us. its eleven versus eleven at the end of the day, and the team that comes out on top will have put the ball in the net more than their opponents.

Craig_in_Prague
24-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Ultimately, its a vital evening at the bottom and Dunfermline will be hoping to pick up 3 points and leapfrog over us. its eleven versus eleven at the end of the day, and the team that comes out on top will have put the ball in the net more than their opponents.

I cant concur but I do agree. Although to be fair in all fairness, I can see this one going either way, or end in a draw.

micka_weer
24-01-2012, 05:37 PM
With the thought that a win will allow them to leapfrog us, I can see them working hard for their points tonight. Motherwell on the other hand have, let's be honest have very little to play for on a bleak Tuesday evening. That being said, I'm going for the draw, whilst praying for an absolute trouncing and Dunfermline so traumatised that they decide to detour to Easter Road on the way home to tell us that they've decided not to play in the SPL anymore thus saving us a lot of hassle and heartache! ;)

Don Giovanni
24-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I think the result will go some way to resolving who is bottom of the league by the end of tonight.

:agree

I think if Hibs fail to get a win tonight then we are in real trouble

:greengrin: