PDA

View Full Version : Craig Gordon

Ultrabee1-0
24-01-2012, 03:01 PM
been hearing a few rumors that CG is either going to celtic or hearts?
anyone fill me in a little more?:confused:

Sylar
24-01-2012, 03:03 PM

That didn't even strike you as a smidgeon unlikely? :confused:

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 03:04 PM

I'm sure you'll get plenty of volunteers posting stuff like that. :wink:

Craig Gordon to Hearts. Whatever next? World cup stars and a £51m stadium?

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2012, 03:06 PM
That didn't even strike you as a smidgeon unlikely? :confused:

I would have laughed in the source's face, how could the yams even possibly sign someone like this....:faf: :faf:

Ultrabee1-0
24-01-2012, 03:17 PM
not to sure yet more chance of celtic getting him tbh
or they could get him on loan?

easty
24-01-2012, 03:18 PM
I read an interview with Martin O'Neill where he was saying he knew Sunderland were taking a risk letting Gordons contract run down and that they'd be letting him go out on loan to get match fitness. I assumed he'd go to the Championship.

SMAXXA
24-01-2012, 03:25 PM
I read an interview with Martin O'Neill where he was saying he knew Sunderland were taking a risk letting Gordons contract run down and that they'd be letting him go out on loan to get match fitness. I assumed he'd go to the Championship.

Man UTD :agree:

greenlex
24-01-2012, 03:35 PM
I think Hearts are due an add on if Spotty plays a number of games for Sunderland. I hope he goes somewhere. I really dont care where as it will be at a knockdown price compared to what Hearts managed to get for him and Hearts wont get anything. :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Craig Gordon to Hearts. Whatever next? World cup stars and a £51m stadium?

:thumbsup:

le bill
24-01-2012, 04:01 PM

polyfilla?

Judas Iscariot
24-01-2012, 04:03 PM

:faf:

The Sea-gull
24-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Strange though it seems, wouldn't rule it out where Hearts are concerned some dodgy deal could be done. Especially if they let Kello go.

Would he go to Celtic to play second fiddle to Forster - unless Celtic are losing him.

If he came up here, I'd say Rangers is more likely as they may sell McGregor and free up wages to bring Gordon on loan or on the cheap because of his contract situation. That said, the McGregor transfer talk seems to have cooled and Rangers have no money.

Can't see him coming up here any time soon but you never know.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Strange though it seems, wouldn't rule it out where Hearts are concerned some dodgy deal could be done. Especially if they let Kello go.

Would he go to Celtic to play second fiddle to Forster - unless Celtic are losing him.

If he came up here, I'd say Rangers is more likely as they may sell McGregor and free up wages to bring Gordon on loan or on the cheap because of his contract situation. That said, the McGregor transfer talk seems to have cooled and Rangers have no money.

Can't see him coming up here any time soon but you never know.

after he signed a 6 year contract extension last july ???:confused:

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 05:07 PM

That means nowt. Kenny Miller IIRC signed a lengthy contract with us and signed for Der Hun not long after..A contract is not worth the paper its written on, All it means is the club get a decent wedge when such player decides to move on.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2012, 05:13 PM
That means nowt. Kenny Miller IIRC signed a lengthy contract with us and signed for Der Hun not long after..A contract is not worth the paper its written on, All it means is the club get a decent wedge when such player decides to move on.

true, but the length/cost of miller's contract would have been a lot lower to buy out than any suitor wanting McGregor, he will be on mega-dosh at hunbrox :agree:

HibbyAndy
24-01-2012, 05:22 PM
true, but the length/cost of miller's contract would have been a lot lower to buy out than any suitor wanting McGregor, he will be on mega-dosh at hunbrox :agree:

Id hazard a guess and say teams such as Wigan or Stoke if they put in a £5 million bid with terms of 15K a week for Good ole cheating face Mcgregor he would be off like a shot.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2012, 05:23 PM

Release clause.

The Sea-gull
24-01-2012, 05:33 PM

All that means is they have insured they will get a decent fee for him if they sell him.

Clubs will be wise to der Hun's finances though and they won't get anywhere near the big bucks they once would have been able to ask for him.

They will just be waiting to see if they absolutely have to sell him and if they need a significant amount of cash in a hurry(which it sounds like they might) him, Jelavich, Naysmith, Davis and anyone else they can flog for a reasonable price will be off.

If they were smart, they would sell some players now as they may get more for them than they will in a few months time if the proverbial does hit the fan.

easty
24-01-2012, 05:36 PM
If they were smart, they would sell some players now as they may get more for them than they will in a few months time if the proverbial does hit the fan.

they need to keep the good players they have if they want to win the league, to get that slim chance of champions league football next season. While that's still possible, I think, they'd be stupid to start selling now.

beensaidbefore
24-01-2012, 08:12 PM

Might add up. Article with Goram in paper today saying Foster hasnt signed a deal for celtic next season, and since hes been decent this season might get somewhere down south.

The_Todd
24-01-2012, 08:42 PM
http://t.qkme.me/3581th.jpg