PDA

View Full Version : Staycation

green leaves
24-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Looking to book a holiday in sunny Ecosse for this July.Any recommendations for a holiday park in Scotland?preferably in perthshire or the highlands?

Caravan,log cabin or such like as accommodation,will be me,the wife and my to boys 5 and 2.

Any suggestion please?

thanks

Jack
24-01-2012, 08:43 AM
You might want to have a look at Comrie.

There's a caravan park, cottages and all that sort of stuff. Not too far from the town of Crieff.

And there's this, which I’ve heard is good fun for young and old alike …

An annual two-week festival, called the Comrie Fortnight, is held in the village during July and August. The Comrie Fortnight started in the late 1960s and has evolved over the years, now consisting of a wide range of activities including competitions, outings, dances and a float parade. Profits from the Comrie Fortnight are used to support events and groups in the local community.

green leaves
24-01-2012, 07:11 PM
You might want to have a look at Comrie.

There's a caravan park, cottages and all that sort of stuff. Not too far from the town of Crieff.

And there's this, which I’ve heard is good fun for young and old alike …

will check it out Jack,were in comrie last year and its a beautiful place.thanks.

Lucius Apuleius
25-01-2012, 05:14 AM
Auchenbowie or Witches Craig. Not so far to travel and beautiful countryside. :agree:

cocopops1875
25-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Aviemore speyside caravan park lovely riverside cabins loads of walks 5mins walk from the town centre. Any other advice for aviemore just pm me

green leaves
30-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Auchenbowie or Witches Craig. Not so far to travel and beautiful countryside. :agree:

Thanks,but both are within walking distance of Cowie:greengrin

green leaves
30-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Aviemore speyside caravan park lovely riverside cabins loads of walks 5mins walk from the town centre. Any other advice for aviemore just pm me

Thanks will check it out.

Calvin
31-01-2012, 04:08 AM
In April we're touring Scotland a bit with the tent. Can anyone recommend campsites in Aviemore, Stornoway, Portree, Strathpeffer and Dunoon?

Speyside doesn't seem to have tent pitches.

Lucius Apuleius
31-01-2012, 04:44 AM
Thanks,but both are within walking distance of Cowie:greengrin

Makes it easier for you to keep an eye on the hoose. Plus it gets you out of Cowie so win/win situation. :greengrin

cocopops1875
01-02-2012, 07:23 AM
In April we're touring Scotland a bit with the tent. Can anyone recommend campsites in Aviemore, Stornoway, Portree, Strathpeffer and Dunoon?

Try the high range mate they do tents also good for cabins

Calvin
01-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Try the high range mate they do tents also good for cabins
Cheers. We've got to be away early that morning to get to Ullapool for the ferry to Lewis so a cabin isn't a bad shout!

cocopops1875
01-02-2012, 04:49 PM
It's right at the start of the main st 5mins walk to the boozer and only 3mins from one of the greatest Indian restaurants you will ever go to ;-)

Calvin
02-02-2012, 03:02 AM
The gig's at the Old Bridge Inn so it means I can have a few pints and walk back to the tent, perfect.

cocopops1875
02-02-2012, 12:14 PM
The old bridge in has a bunkhouse next to it very good rates apparently. I like the old bridge inn nice pub and cracking food

12AlbionPlace
03-02-2012, 12:23 PM

http://www.portreecampsite.co.uk/

http://www.laxdaleholidaypark.com/

Been to both of these and would recommend them, clean and good facilities.

Calvin
04-02-2012, 07:27 AM
http://www.portreecampsite.co.uk/

http://www.laxdaleholidaypark.com/

Been to both of these and would recommend them, clean and good facilities.
Thanks. Both of these seemed the best going by google but it's good to have the thumbs up from someone that's been.