PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths could be out for a Month! (2 Game Ban)

SteveHFC
23-01-2012, 11:46 PM
LEIGH GRIFFITHS faces almost a MONTH on the sidelines for making a one-fingered gesture to his OWN fans.Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4081001/Hibs-bad-boy-Leigh-fears-month-out.html#ixzz1kKe2GYiv

ScottB
23-01-2012, 11:47 PM
He really needs to screw the nut, quite what his problem is I don't know.

Ultrabee1-0
23-01-2012, 11:49 PM
thats a big blow for us just as he has got his game back and his fitness he goes and does this:confused:
heed up spraky:rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
23-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Fantastic...:aok:

:rolleyes:

Nando™
24-01-2012, 12:02 AM
****ing idiot.

SteveHFC
24-01-2012, 12:03 AM
Get Murphy signed :agree:

frazeHFC
24-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Send him back, and i am being deadly serious. He clearly has good ability and especially in the last few games has looked good, but he is just gonna cause too much trouble.

Jim44
24-01-2012, 12:27 AM
He's as thick as pig ***** and no use to us sitting in the stand. I hope Fenlon puts his money where his mouth is and shifts him back down to Wolves. This would free up a wage for someone who can actually perform for as in a professional capacity.

Sunny1875
24-01-2012, 03:47 AM
Time to Go I'm afraid to say, and I do hope PF sends him packing, the last thing we need in our current situation is a good player collecting a wage and sitting in the stand for no good reason. He is either really Really Stupid, or another billy big baws, not what we need atm. Every Player at Easter road from now till the end of the season needs to stand up and be counted, or stand aside. If your not upto the Job step away and let someone who is at least willing to fight for it come in.

ALF TUPPER
24-01-2012, 05:13 AM
If this happens I think he'll get binned by PF and sent back to Wolves.

Sad really

IWasThere2016
24-01-2012, 05:21 AM
I hope he stays and screws the nut.

Meantime, we'll sign Murphy.

500miles
24-01-2012, 05:28 AM
If Leigh Griffiths does have to exit the club after this, perhaps it's time the club start to enforce their official stance on foul and abusive langauge, and start picking out the element of the support intent on victimising our own team, and throwing them out. No need for a refund - the stadium guidelines are plain to see on the ticket and the match programme.

HH81
24-01-2012, 05:32 AM
If Leigh Griffiths does have to exit the club after this, perhaps it's time the club start to enforce their official stance on foul and abusive langauge, and start picking out the element of the support intent on victimising our own team, and throwing them out. No need for a refund - the stadium guidelines are plain to see on the ticket and the match programme.

Stop been a drama queen, all footballers get a bit of stick, Griffiths doesn't seem to be able to handle it so should take his punishment.

How do you what was said? Griffiths only has himself to blame he should have just taken the corner and got on with it. :agree:

scoopyboy
24-01-2012, 05:55 AM
Stop been a drama queen, all footballers get a bit of stick, Griffiths doesn't seem to be able to handle it so should take his punishment.

How do you what was said? Griffiths only has himself to blame he should have just taken the corner and got on with it. :agree:

#127 on Sparky in more trouble thread tells what was said.

The guys were only encouraging him you know!!!!!!

500miles
24-01-2012, 06:02 AM

It's enough to put to bed the idea that what is said in the stands doesn't effect the players on the pitch though, eh?

HH81
24-01-2012, 06:03 AM
The guys were only encouraging him you know!!!!!!

I'm not saying they were, how many other footballers do you see getting banned (possible)three times for reacting to the crowd in less than a month?

HH81
24-01-2012, 06:07 AM
It's enough to put to bed the idea that what is said in the stands doesn't effect the players on the pitch though, eh?

It does affect some of them but they handle it and for me its part of football, you take the stick. Here we have one player who can't and keeps getting banned.

Hibs can't keep alowing this to happen, how many other SPL players have had a ban for this and then gone on to repeat it shortly after?

Beefster
24-01-2012, 06:08 AM
The guy in the FF who was involved in this needs to have a word with himself but Griffiths needs to man up.

Tha Cabbage Kid
24-01-2012, 06:14 AM
aye he might be out for a month but when he comes back we will need him for sure! were not in a position to get rid of him and replace hiim with someone else. we can see leigh is coming into it and scoring goals. yeah is is a idiot for letting the club down in a situation that we are in but there is no doubting he can get the goals which is what we need.

we have no idea what mcpake and soars will give us, for all we know they may not help at all and we are left with us trying to score more goals than we concede.

therefore we need good strikers and leigh is one of them. im sure when big gaz is fit or once his toe is better we will need them both.

hibbiedon
24-01-2012, 06:26 AM

How is he a drama queen ? How do you know what was said ? Why should some low life shout abuse at anyone doing their job whether it is a footballer bus driver or a nurse. I can understand opposition fans abusing our players, now we could be without one of our creative players because some ignorant twat wants to abuse someone who is not meant to react back at them,

Robinho08
24-01-2012, 06:30 AM
I don't condone Leigh's actions, but Vincent Lunny can GTF. Stuart McCall is right, the compliance officer is killing the game.

Andy74
24-01-2012, 06:33 AM
How is he a drama queen ? How do you know what was said ? Why should some low life shout abuse at anyone doing their job whether it is a footballer bus driver or a nurse. I can understand opposition fans abusing our players, now we could be without one of our creative players because some ignorant twat wants to abuse someone who is not meant to react back at them,

No. It's because he reacted. Griffiths doesn't get a hard time but has reacted twice to his own fans. No you shouldn't give stick to your own players but neither should they react. Stupid players might react once. Two or three times is beyond stupid.

HH81
24-01-2012, 06:33 AM

Ok in football you know if you tackle 2 footed off the ground your going to get sent off and face a ban.

If you react to a football fan from the stand your also going to face a ban. Doing it once is a mistake, twice is stupid so what would you call a 3rd time?

coco22
24-01-2012, 06:49 AM
interesting to see how PF deals with this one..said he would not tolerate another similar incident. he didnt imply what the outcome would be but ive got a feeling it could be curtains for griffiths. i personally dont want to see him go but how many times do you get away with this stupid reaction? aye, OUR OWN FANS shouldnt be adding fuel to the fire but, if he continues at hibs, he is now a massive target for all away fans (and can anyone really suggest that he's no likely to do it again???)

hibsbollah
24-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Cant we get a medical professional to diagnose him with tourettes? The disability discrimination defence please Rod.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2012, 07:15 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01442/done_1442309a.jpg

a 1 game ban for this, jesus our game is dying. The compliance officer guy or the rule to have him in place is farcical. Yet another new low for the SPL, do they just invent rules/procedures to make our game look silly.

R'Albin
24-01-2012, 07:18 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01442/done_1442309a.jpg

a 1 game ban for this, jesus our game is dying. The compliance officer guy or the rule to have him in place is farcical. Yet another new low for the SPL, do they just invent rules/procedures to make our game look silly.

:agree: I think so.. yes it was silly from Leigh but really?

lucky
24-01-2012, 07:21 AM
The guys an idiot. But now is actually starting to play a bit. Not sure if Hibs will risk sending him back as he will be loaned out again and more than likely to a SPL club. But I can't understand why you gesture to your own fans once never mind twice but then again this is guy who has two kids to two separate women one month apart and takes the same photo of the kids in a wolves top. Not the brightest. Big decision for Pat keep or bin.

big-mo
24-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Perhaps we should ban the idiots in the stand who gives him abuse every week. The boy does have a problem with his attitude and should be disciplined by the club, (by the manager, lets hope RP does not interfere this time and over ride the 'boss'), but it is not as if he is not performing on the pitch, he does miss a few chances but he is also there to create them and take them.
I can not understand why fans of his own team keep giving him stick, if you do not like one of your own, just ignore him but don't boo him.

s.a.m
24-01-2012, 07:28 AM

I agree with you that his behaviour has been very stupid. However, we're the ones who are being punished - given that we have limited 'talent' available to us, and assuming that we do all actually want Hibs to win, and get us out of the trough we're in. He's about to be banned because a 'fan', knowing that Griffiths is easy to wind up, chose to wind him up. As a result he will not be available to create and score goals for us. Hibs fans are doing the opposition's job for them. Is that not stupid as well?

Ozyhibby
24-01-2012, 07:38 AM
Personally I think the compliance officer is doing a good job. If it starts to get rid of all the diving then I'm all for it. None of the offences we are suffering from are new, they are just being more consistently applied.
As for Griffiths, he is clearly incapable of learning and that is a problem. Pat Fenlon made it clear that he would not stand for it and Griffiths has stuck two fingers up at him. If we are serious about sorting out the discipline problem at Easter road then he has to be shown the door. Or do code of conducts only apply to rubbish players?

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Personally I think the compliance officer is doing a good job. If it starts to get rid of all the diving then I'm all for it. None of the offences we are suffering from are new, they are just being more consistently applied.

Is that not the referees job?

I also dont get that if the ref sees a player dive it is a yellow card, yet if the ref misses the dive and is pickup by the compliance officer it is a 2 game ban and the ref goes unpunished for not doing his job in some cases.

happiehibbie
24-01-2012, 07:40 AM
The guy in the FF who was involved in this needs to have a word with himself but Griffiths needs to man up.

As said in another thread, The guy shouted "Griffiths get a decent corner in get it past the first man " Griffiths turned round and and told him th F OFF thats the facts only then and only then did the rest of the group shout at him what did they shout " Concentrate on the game never mind telling us to F off get on with the game ya clown " then came the finger I sit right next to the guys they sit there every week have done so since the FF opened

THIS IS GRIFFITHS FAULT no one else think about it Cowdenbeath GIRUY geustre to who the Hibs fans 2 weeks later the finger to who the Hibs Fans the guy can play football but he has to realise we will be there long after him and help keep the company he works for in bussines.

I dont want him to leave just play football and score goals

Stop blaming the fans for our postion it is not OUR FAULT

Ozyhibby
24-01-2012, 07:48 AM

I also dont get that if the ref sees a player dive it is a yellow card, yet if the ref misses the dive and is pickup by the compliance officer it is a 2 game ban and the ref goes unpunished for not doing his job in some cases.

The ref is incapable of seeing everything that goes on in a game and it's not fair on him to expect he does. Have you ever watched a match and thought 'that's a clear penalty' only to go home and see on tv that it was a dive? That's the position the refs are in. The compliance officer can't change the result of the game but he can make sure the player is punished.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2012, 07:52 AM
The ref is incapable of seeing everything that goes on in a game and it's not fair on him to expect he does. Have you ever watched a match and thought 'that's a clear penalty' only to go home and see on tv that it was a dive? That's the position the refs are in. The compliance officer can't change the result of the game but he can make sure the player is punished.

We have managed for a 100+ year without a compliance officer, so why now, what has changed?

Yes, the ref makes mistakes, that's part of life and part of football.

Do any other leagues have compliance officers, serious question and again, why a 2match ban rather than a caution for simulation ?

s.a.m
24-01-2012, 07:55 AM
As said in another thread, The guy shouted "Griffiths get a decent corner in get it past the first man " Griffiths turned round and and told him th F OFF thats the facts only then and only then did the rest of the group shout at him what did they shout " Concentrate on the game never mind telling us to F off get on with the game ya clown " then came the finger I sit right next to the guys they sit there every week have done so since the FF opened

THIS IS GRIFFITHS FAULT no one else think about it Cowdenbeath GIRUY geustre to who the Hibs fans 2 weeks later the finger to who the Hibs Fans the guy can play football but he has to realise we will be there long after him and help keep the company he works for in bussines.

Maybe. But who wins? Not Griffiths, not the Hibs' fans, not the club. The only winners from this self-defeating cycle of abuse and response are the other teams in the league.

Lucius Apuleius
24-01-2012, 07:56 AM

Was the cry! I think you would find if a Root Cause Analysis was done then indeed it would be "our" fault. The guy was silly to flick the bird without a doubt but he would not have done it if some idiot had not abused him. The guy who abused him is breaking the agreement he took when he purchased a ticket. Numpty, in my opinion.

Wembley67
24-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Looks like I have missed something but what is this compliance offer some refer too?

Ozyhibby
24-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Yes, they have one in England which is why balotelli faces the prospect of a 4 match ban. The ref at the game missed the incident.
Did we really manage fine for 100 years? Most people on here claim the refs are biased in favour of the old firm. This goes some way to redressing that.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Yes, they have one in England which is why balotelli faces the prospect of a 4 match ban. The ref at the game missed the incident.
Did we really manage fine for 100 years? Most people on here claim the refs are biased in favour of the old firm. This goes some way to redressing that.

ok cheers, didnt know about one in EPL.

Interesting note in the DR today where McCall claims that the compliance officer used footage form Sportscene to base his report on, that's just a tad cheeky is it not. So the ref missed it during the game and if true so did the compliance officer and it only came to light during highlights of SPL's games shown on Sunday. That cannae be right!

DR - The incident was flagged up on Sportscene’s Sunday highlights along with Leigh Griffiths’ one-fingered salute to Hibs fans in the 3-2 defeat by St Johnstone.

greenginger
24-01-2012, 08:06 AM
Stuart McColl makes a good point in today's paper regarding Higdon's " get it up you gesture".

McColl asks if the compliance officer reviews the footage of all the SPL games or does he only consider the incidents the BBC sportscene editor decides to broadcast. In other words is it the T V companies who are setting the agenda for suspension consideration.

McColl reckons the compliance officer should only get involved with these kinds of incidents if there is a genuine compliant.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2012, 08:07 AM
ok cheers, didnt know about one in EPL.

Interesting note in the DR today where McCall claims that the compliance officer used footage form Sportscene to base his report on, that's just a tad cheeky is it not. So the ref missed it during the game and if true so did the compliance officer and it only came to light during highlights of SPL's games shown on Sunday. That cannae be right!

Not exactly sure how it works but I think anyone can make a complaint to him and he then investigates.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-01-2012, 08:08 AM
He does this then kisses the badge after he scores!......:confused:

HH81
24-01-2012, 08:12 AM
I agree with you that his behaviour has been very stupid. However, we're the ones who are being punished - given that we have limited 'talent' available to us, and assuming that we do all actually want Hibs to win, and get us out of the trough we're in. He's about to be banned because a 'fan', knowing that Griffiths is easy to wind up, chose to wind him up. As a result he will not be available to create and score goals for us. Hibs fans are doing the opposition's job for them. Is that not stupid as well?

The Hibs fan was stupid but not as stupid as Griffiths doing this 3 times. Needs to get a grip.

HFC 0-7
24-01-2012, 08:13 AM

Doesnt really matter if you agree with it or not, the rules are the rules, every player in the league needs to comply. I agree fully with the diving rule if I am honest. Its basically there as a detterent. They are basically saying try it and you will get booked by the ref and you will need to be careful for the rest of the match. Do it and its not seen and you have cheated and been able to play without the risk of being sent off because the yellow wasnt given and we will ban you.

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Not exactly sure how it works but I think anyone can make a complaint to him and he then investigates.

So any punter can contact him about something that happened on the field of play, if so, then that is ridiculous.

basehibby
24-01-2012, 08:15 AM
:brickwall:brickwall:brickwall Grow up Leigh FFS!!!

scott7_0(Prague)
24-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Doesnt really matter if you agree with it or not, the rules are the rules, every player in the league needs to comply. I agree fully with the diving rule if I am honest. Its basically there as a detterent. They are basically saying try it and you will get booked by the ref and you will need to be careful for the rest of the match. Do it and its not seen and you have cheated and been able to play without the risk of being sent off because the yellow wasnt given and we will ban you.

Well that's the end of this discussion. :rules:

:wink:

DaveF
24-01-2012, 08:21 AM
I agree that it does appear to be a bit like trial by TV.

I lifted this from a DR article back in Oct 2011:

"Established as part of the overhaul of the SFA disciplinary procedures earlier this year, the role involves reviewing reported incidents from across Scottish football. Cases which might have gone unreported by match officials can be referred to the SFA's Judicial Panel by the Compliance Officer"

Therefore I assume that means the SFL leagues rather than just the SPL.

It would be interesting to see if anyone could find out how many players from the lower leagues have been dealt with by Mr Lunny and overall how many players punished when TV was not present.

scoopyboy
24-01-2012, 08:23 AM
He does this then kisses the badge after he scores!......:confused:

Don't know why you are confused, he loves Hibs.

He obviously dooesn't appreciate Hibs fans who abuse him.

SneakersO'Toole
24-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Fine him the maximum amount of wages possible and have make a very humble and genuine public apology.

Golden Bear
24-01-2012, 08:26 AM
THE TV Editors seem to be the real compliance officers.

Let's say that he or she's favourite team are due to play Hibs next week and the same person is in a position to show or not to show in the TV highlights. What's to stop that person being selective in the incidents from the Hibs game he/she wishes to broadcast? Presumably this latest Leigh Griffiths incident would not have been picked up by the Compliance Officer unless it was highlighted by TV coverage.

I'm still of the opinion that an incident that involves a situation between a Club's player and its own supporters should be handled internally and have naff all to do with the compliance officer or anyone else.

HH81
24-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Don't know why you are confused, he loves Hibs.

He obviously dooesn't appreciate Hibs fans who abuse him.

So why keep doing things which keep getting him banned from playing? Why can't he ignore fans like rest of the players do?

scoopyboy
24-01-2012, 08:28 AM
The guys an idiot. But now is actually starting to play a bit. Not sure if Hibs will risk sending him back as he will be loaned out again and more than likely to a SPL club. But I can't understand why you gesture to your own fans once never mind twice but then again this is guy who has two kids to two separate women one month apart and takes the same photo of the kids in a wolves top. Not the brightest. Big decision for Pat keep or bin.

Agree, but when did you have to have a BSc honours to play for Hibs?

Leigh is wrong to reacting to the abuse, no question.

However the idiots that continue to abuse him won't save us from relegation, Sparky just might.

Conclusion - Stop abusing him for f*** sake.

scoopyboy
24-01-2012, 08:30 AM
So why keep doing things which keep getting him banned from playing? Why can't he ignore fans like rest of the players do?

Its a flaw in his make up.

Don't you think he would if he could?

I'll reverse the question, why abuse him if you know he's going to react.

.Sean.
24-01-2012, 08:34 AM
The fact of the matter is that if Griffiths actually grew up and refrained from being a petulant wee arse there wouldn't be a need for the Compliance Offer to get involed. Mature or bolt, we need our best players on the park not in the stand.

Andy74
24-01-2012, 08:35 AM

Although by reacting he is makin it more likely he will get some abuse.

You know, I'd get this if the guy was consttantly being chanted about or booed.

That's not the case, he is reacting to the odd shout from the odd idiot in the stands and is doing us other fans out of a good player in the process. No excuses, he gets paid to get on with it, like every other player out there, many of whom get stick week in, week out for years.

If he gets another ban I can see him being punted back down South or out the team for some time.

Lucius Apuleius
24-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Personally I would like to see the guy who abused him make a public apology. In fact a very public apology, standing up at the next home game and saying "look, it was me that abused Sparkie and me he gave the finger to" Think that would be quite cathartic for the chap.

Wheat Hound
24-01-2012, 08:39 AM

Scoops, or indeed anyone else with a bit of inside knowledge, does anyone know if this is likely to spell the end of LG at Hibs? I sincerely hope not as he is one of the few players we have with any skill, heart or desire. I agree he needs to stop reacting but the 'fans' who are idiotically shouting psh at him need to direct their ire at messrs Petrie, Lynsay and Hyland.

Golden Bear
24-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I must admit I'm now a Leigh Griffiths convert.

I originally had doubts about his abilities but recent performances have proven that he is a real asset to the team and will be solely missed if he is suspended again.

franks
24-01-2012, 09:00 AM
2 Points here. Firstly the role of the compliance officer. I can understand him getting involved in simulation especially where this leads to a penalty which alters the outcome of the game, or serious foul play, but his role now seems to be to scrutinize all TV footage/pictures in papers to look for any misdemeanor at all and hand out bans which only serves to rob the paying public of seeing the best players available playing on another the day.

I was at Cowdenbeath (behind the goals not with the main Hibs support) and in the FF on Saturday and was not aware of any incident until the compliance officer brought it to my attention.

I was at Dunfermline where during the warm up a group of around 50 teenagers towards the front were giving major support to the players and LG in particular which seemed to be appreciated.

PF is said to be and I believe is a disciplinarian and I think this may be the last straw for LG which is a pity because he's really come on to a game.

Saorsa
24-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Ok in football you know if you tackle 2 footed off the ground your going to get sent off and face a ban.

If you react to a football fan from the stand your also going to face a ban. Doing it once is a mistake, twice is stupid so what would you call a 3rd time?And they know how he reacts but it disnae stop them from doing it. If this does happen I hope the abusers are pleased with their part in it. Will it stop them doing it again, probably not because I doubt they have the smarts between them tae realise what damage they are doing, wonder who'll be the next target if he gets emptied. Who needs opposition fans in the ground when you have some Hibs 'supporters' there

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 09:12 AM
In a court of law, a person may be admonished of a violent crime if they can establish they were severely enough provoked.

scoopyboy
24-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Although by reacting he is makin it more likely he will get some abuse.

You know, I'd get this if the guy was consttantly being chanted about or booed.

That's not the case, he is reacting to the odd shout from the odd idiot in the stands and is doing us other fans out of a good player in the process. No excuses, he gets paid to get on with it, like every other player out there, many of whom get stick week in, week out for years.

If he gets another ban I can see him being punted back down South or out the team for some time.

I agree with everything you are saying Andy.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2012, 09:20 AM
In a court of law, a person may be admonished of a violent crime if they can establish they were severely enough provoked.

I've seen no evidence that he was provoked at all? Just a load of speculation. I've never heard the lad getting abused at the match as he's probably been our best player of late (not difficult).
There is only one person to blame here and the only reason some people are looking to blame the fans is because he is a good player. Had it been micheal Hart who had abused fans 3 times in a month would you be blaming the fans?

scoopyboy
24-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Scoops, or indeed anyone else with a bit of inside knowledge, does anyone know if this is likely to spell the end of LG at Hibs? I sincerely hope not as he is one of the few players we have with any skill, heart or desire. I agree he needs to stop reacting but the 'fans' who are idiotically shouting psh at him need to direct their ire at messrs Petrie, Lynsay and Hyland.

I have no inside knowledge on how Hibs will handle this.

I fear the worst and we will cut short the loan, but this is purely my opinion.

I know stories about him that are hilarious but at the same time mental. That is Leigh I'm afraid and I don't think anything will or can change him.

It will give JC or Ted Brack a good story for their books in years to come, the best player on our books gets sent away when the club were fighting relegation because of bans he got arguing with his own fans. The readers won't believe it of course.

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 09:25 AM
No getting away from it LG really has made a clown of himself and the club.

In saying that a month out seems completely disproportinate to what actually happened IMO. I dont think this would have been picked up if it hadnt been covered by Alba and only the highlights were being shown which to me makes it unfair.

I generally agree with the compliance role such as picking up clear dives and violent conduct not picked up in the game. To me the most obvious incident that needed to be picked up from Saturday's game was Davidson getting away with a clear straight leg kick on GOC just after half time. I think I would have more faith in this process if more serious incidents such as this were picked up rather than relatively minor offences such as Griffiths, stupid as they obviously are.

It is laughable when you look at Bougherra last season effectively assaulting a ref and getting a paltry fine yet guys are missing games for incidents that could be dealt with originally by fines and then match punishments for repeat offenders.

brog
24-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Sorry if I'm duplicating anything already said, didn't have time to read whole thread.
1. Leigh's an idiot, don't think anyone's questioning that.
2. Some of our support are also idiots, man next to me on Saturday, 50+ years old started moaning about Francomb 18 minutes into his 1st start for the club! I'm in no doubt actions in the stands influence those on the field, still doesn't excuse LG tho!
3. Well done Stuart McCall! This exercise is farcical & as he says subject to the whims of a BBC editor. Hibs should support him 100%.
4. IMO LG has an easy defence for Sat. Just say he was pointing out he'd already scored once. How can anyone prove otherwise? I know it's farcical but no more so than the process.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2012, 09:28 AM
No getting away from it LG really has made a clown of himself and the club.

In saying that a month out seems completely disproportinate to what actually happened IMO. I dont think this would have been picked up if it hadnt been covered by Alba and only the highlights were being shown which to me makes it unfair.

I generally agree with the compliance role such as picking up clear dives and violent conduct not picked up in the game. To me the most obvious incident that needed to be picked up from Saturday's game was Davidson getting away with a clear straight leg kick on GOC just after half time. I think I would have more faith in this process if more serious incidents such as this were picked up rather than relatively minor offences such as Griffiths, stupid as they obviously are.

It is laughable when you look at Bougherra last season effectively assaulting a ref and getting a paltry fine yet guys are missing games for incidents that could be dealt with originally by fines and then match punishments for repeat offenders.

That's the problem, he is a repeat offender.

happiehibbie
24-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Was the cry! I think you would find if a Root Cause Analysis was done then indeed it would be "our" fault. The guy was silly to flick the bird without a doubt but he would not have done it if some idiot had not abused him. The guy who abused him is breaking the agreement he took when he purchased a ticket. Numpty, in my opinion.

Where is the abuse in this case please explain because i can not work it out

Punter or numpty "put a decent corner in lee get the ball past the first man "

Lee " F OFF"

Punter numpty " get on with the game stop reacting to the crowd or tell us to F off"

Lee " flips his finger "

Fans get upset

Who is the NUMPTY GIVING ABUSE

ehf
24-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Not fit to wear the jersey; send him straight back to Wolves.

Beefster
24-01-2012, 09:46 AM

I've never blamed the fans for our position. You must be confusing me with someone else.

I'm not sure why the guy would shout something likely to wind up a Hibs player who had only recently been charged for reacting to a shout though. It's not like Griffiths was playing poorly or didn't know that he needs to put a decent corner in.

I've already said that Griffiths is responsible for his own actions but so is the guy who shouted (irrespective of what he said). He's partially responsible for us losing one of the players actually performing for however long.

happiehibbie
24-01-2012, 09:48 AM
I've never blamed the fans for our position. You must be confusing me with someone else.

I'm not sure why the guy would shout something likely to wind up a Hibs player who had only recently been charged for reacting to a shout though. It's not like Griffiths was playing poorly or didn't know that he needs to put a decent corner in.

I've already said that Griffiths is responsible for his own actions but so is the guy who shouted (irrespective of what he said). He's partially responsible for us losing one of the players actually performing for however long.

Sorry we will have to disagree GGTTH

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 10:22 AM
I've seen no evidence that he was provoked at all? Just a load of speculation. I've never heard the lad getting abused at the match as he's probably been our best player of late (not difficult).
There is only one person to blame here and the only reason some people are looking to blame the fans is because he is a good player. Had it been micheal Hart who had abused fans 3 times in a month would you be blaming the fans?

Right enough. Maybe he just decided, "it's time I gave some abuse to those Hibs fans over there".

I blame anyone who gives their own players abuse. It's utterly self defeating and says a lot more about the loud mouths than it does the player(s).

lord bunberry
24-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Personally I would like to see the guy who abused him make a public apology. In fact a very public apology, standing up at the next home game and saying "look, it was me that abused Sparkie and me he gave the finger to" Think that would be quite cathartic for the chap.

I fail to see how telling him to take a corner properly is abusing him if the manager or another player had shouted the same thing at would he have reacted the same way. The boy has undoubtedly got talent but he needs to man up and get on with playing football

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 10:28 AM

Lee " F OFF"

Punter numpty " get on with the game stop reacting to the crowd or tell us to F off"

Lee " flips his finger "

Fans get upset

All you missed out was the innocent punter saying "please" at the end of his sentences!

"Put a decent corner in and get it past the first man". Aye right.

khib70
24-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Right enough. Maybe he just decided, "it's time I gave some abuse to those Hibs fans over there".

I blame anyone who gives their own players abuse. It's utterly self defeating and says a lot more about the loud mouths than it does the player(s).

No

Fans are paying customers and as such entitled to their opinion. Football fans may well,in the heat of the moment, express said opinions in colourful language. Especially where personal abuse comes into it this isn't a good thing at all. This has been the case as long as there has been football. Anyone who purports to be a professional footballer and doesn't know this is an idiot.

Griffiths is being paid good money to perform for the club, and has indeed done so in the last few games. He can't perform at all sitting in the stand, and our situation is perilous enough without key players being paid to spectate. Griffiths gets less abuse than most of the rest of the squad, none of whom react as stupidly or as frequently as he does. He has some serious growing up to do.

Personally, I'd send him back. He might as well sit in the stand at Molyneux as Easter Road, and at least we won't be paying him to do it. We could certainly use the wage to obtain a possibly less talented player, but one who will actually play for us in every game, without acting like an overindulged toddler

silverhibee
24-01-2012, 10:38 AM
We have managed for a 100+ year without a compliance officer, so why now, what has changed?

Yes, the ref makes mistakes, that's part of life and part of football.

Do any other leagues have compliance officers, serious question and again, why a 2match ban rather than a caution for simulation ?

I would say it will have something to do with a couple of incidents last season mainly involving the Old Firm, McCoist and Lennon on the touch line and the behaviour of the players in that game to, diving that was ocurring last season, mainly from Old Firm players(Naismith Lafferty) probaly worst offenders, and this is where i get a bit puzzeled, Naismith at Aberdeen this season when he picked up his injury, why the compliance officer never done SN for the tackle just before he got injured amaze's me, doesn't matter if SN will be out for the rest of the season he should have been done for the nasty tackle he made that day, considering he had just got done by the compliance officer for an incident that took place at Dunfermline.

Sparky screw the nut, you are a marked man now by the compliance officer and the BBC Sports Journo's who cant wait to grass you up on a Sunday night on there show.

Hibs fans, yep i know its not great at the moment, but come on, how about abusing the opposition players for a change and make it an uncomfotable afternoon for them and support the Hibees for 90+ minutes.

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 10:45 AM
No

Fans are paying customers and as such entitled to their opinion. Football fans may well,in the heat of the moment, express said opinions in colourful language. Especially where personal abuse comes into it this isn't a good thing at all. This has been the case as long as there has been football. Anyone who purports to be a professional footballer and doesn't know this is an idiot.

Griffiths is being paid good money to perform for the club, and has indeed done so in the last few games. He can't perform at all sitting in the stand, and our situation is perilous enough without key players being paid to spectate. Griffiths gets less abuse than most of the rest of the squad, none of whom react as stupidly or as frequently as he does. He has some serious growing up to do.

Personally, I'd send him back. He might as well sit in the stand at Molyneux as Easter Road, and at least we won't be paying him to do it. We could certainly use the wage to obtain a possibly less talented player, but one who will actually play for us in every game, without acting like an overindulged toddler

I stood near a bloke at Cowdenbeath who's only contribution to his "support" of Hibs was to scream "You're effin sheite, get off the park" at Sproule and Galbraith, every time they got the ball.

Clearly you disagree, but I don't think he is entitled to do that. It's bullying and it's wrong. I've never known anyone whose performance improves after being told they're useless, sheite and not wanted. Quite the opposite.

The fact that some players are able to ignore or brush it off, is all credit to them. I doubt that the vast majority of people who frequent this site would be able to do so.

Leigh Griffiths shouldn't have reacted in the way he did, but he shouldn't have had any reason to from his own fans. We were attacking the Killie goal, FFS.

Lucius Apuleius
24-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Without going back and multi quoting (because I cannot be bothered), anybody who thinks it is OK to abuse someone trying to do his job needs a serious look at themself. Anybody who thinks because they pay money to watch their football team gives them the right to abuse players, either because they make a mistake or in the case of some people just because they have walked on to the park, need to have a serious look at themselves. Nobody deserves to be booed and abused for doing their preferred job, I don't care what job they do. My opinion. Message boards are about opinions and that is fine if you don't agree, however having been a member on this site for many years, Rivals and Erin web before it, I will not say what I really think of the people who abuse our own players and think it is OK to do so. Don't want to leave by mutual consent.

GGTTH.

truehibernian
24-01-2012, 10:49 AM
I would say it will have something to do with a couple of incidents last season mainly involving the Old Firm, McCoist and Lennon on the touch line and the behaviour of the players in that game to, diving that was ocurring last season, mainly from Old Firm players(Naismith Lafferty) probaly worst offenders, and this is where i get a bit puzzeled, Naismith at Aberdeen this season when he picked up his injury, why the compliance officer never done SN for the tackle just before he got injured amaze's me, doesn't matter if SN will be out for the rest of the season he should have been done for the nasty tackle he made that day, considering he had just got done by the compliance officer for an incident that took place at Dunfermline.

Sparky screw the nut, you are a marked man now by the compliance officer and the BBC Sports Journo's who cant wait to grass you up on a Sunday night on there show.

Hibs fans, yep i know its not great at the moment, but come on, how about abusing the opposition players for a change and make it an uncomfotable afternoon for them and support the Hibees for 90+ minutes.

Would agree with that SH, but going back to recent events, why have Richard Gordon and Co not been highlighting 1) the truly awful two footed lunge committed by Croft and 2) Sandaza diving twice, going unpunished, yet Euan Norris after the first one, literally approaching Sandaza and 'having a word' - surely if he has dived, it's a caution ? If it were GOC it would be being discussed with great regularity on Sportsound - I have loads of time for that programme, however Richard Gordon this season seems to be loving the 'Hibs in bother' stories - he wasn't so quick to criticise Sone Aluko at Aberdeen (worst diver I have seen in the SPL) and didn't make regular mention of their dive to win a penalty at Todders this season.

Truth is, if we are doing trial by television, then there is time in a game to introduce video refereeing for crucial decisions and diving incidents. You are taliking seconds to revisit a bad tackle, contentious penalty, or 'was it a goal'. Seems that Sportscene is doing the Compliance Officer's job for him at present. McCall is 100% bang on the money.

silverhibee
24-01-2012, 10:53 AM
And they know how he reacts but it disnae stop them from doing it. If this does happen I hope the abusers are pleased with their part in it. Will it stop them doing it again, probably not because I doubt they have the smarts between them tae realise what damage they are doing, wonder who'll be the next target if he gets emptied. Who needs opposition fans in the ground when you have some Hibs 'supporters' there

You know how this is all going to end up DD, fans fighting in the home stands amongst each other, its the next step up from booing abusing the players, eventually folk are going to start sticking up for the players and things will turn nasty in the stands.

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 10:57 AM
That's the problem, he is a repeat offender.

What I was saying was though I dont think he should have been banned for the first instance. Some sort of fine and a warning re future conduct. Yet other players are able to kick players and not be pulled up (Davidson on Saturday e.g). We do appear to be getting a disporportionate amount of attention from this guy though to be fair we are in LG's case making it very easy for him.

brog
24-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Would agree with that SH, but going back to recent events, why have Richard Gordon and Co not been highlighting 1) the truly awful two footed lunge committed by Croft and 2) Sandaza diving twice, going unpunished, yet Euan Norris after the first one, literally approaching Sandaza and 'having a word' - surely if he has dived, it's a caution ? If it were GOC it would be being discussed with great regularity on Sportsound - I have loads of time for that programme, however Richard Gordon this season seems to be loving the 'Hibs in bother' stories - he wasn't so quick to criticise Sone Aluko at Aberdeen (worst diver I have seen in the SPL) and didn't make regular mention of their dive to win a penalty at Todders this season.

Truth is, if we are doing trial by television, then there is time in a game to introduce video refereeing for crucial decisions and diving incidents. You are taliking seconds to revisit a bad tackle, contentious penalty, or 'was it a goal'. Seems that Sportscene is doing the Compliance Officer's job for him at present. McCall is 100% bang on the money.

Yep, & Norris coming off park at h/t with Lee Croft hugging him because he knew he was lucky to be on park. Also hardly any comment re GOC offside goal. Cameras were so bad you couldn't see but commentator seemed to think it was a goal. We're so cowed & beaten now we don't even protest!!

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Yep, & Norris coming off park at h/t with Lee Croft hugging him because he knew he was lucky to be on park. Also hardly any comment re GOC offside goal. Cameras were so bad you couldn't see but commentator seemed to think it was a goal. We're so cowed & beaten now we don't even protest!!

Completely agree the derby being the best example. If Hibs had got the offside goal Hearts got (no laughing at the back:greengrin) Webster et al would have been giving it large at the linesman and the ref just as they did when Black was milking one of the fouls on him. As for the McGowan head butt again they would have been going nuts at that. We desperately need a leader or 3 to start sticking up for the team and the club.

johnrebus
24-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Not fit to wear the jersey; send him straight back to Wolves.

You're not the only person saying this, but he is contracted to Hibs until the end of the season - presumably paying a chunk of his wages.

I don't think we can just send him back, cause he's been a bad boy.

:confused:

Sammy7nil
24-01-2012, 11:19 AM

Read what was shouted at him it was hardly abuse. Not encouragment but Poor wee Leigh HAD TO react. I would hate to see his reaction if he was actually abused like Nish was last season. For the record I dont agree with abuse but in football it will always happen.

Calling anyone a low life when you dont know them is too harsh.

Sammy7nil
24-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Without going back and multi quoting (because I cannot be bothered), anybody who thinks it is OK to abuse someone trying to do his job needs a serious look at themself. Anybody who thinks because they pay money to watch their football team gives them the right to abuse players, either because they make a mistake or in the case of some people just because they have walked on to the park, need to have a serious look at themselves. Nobody deserves to be booed and abused for doing their preferred job, I don't care what job they do. My opinion. Message boards are about opinions and that is fine if you don't agree, however having been a member on this site for many years, Rivals and Erin web before it, I will not say what I really think of the people who abuse our own players and think it is OK to do so. Don't want to leave by mutual consent.

GGTTH.

I have posted the quote on the alleged abuse below. I agree it is far from encouragement but I really don't think the 1st comment is personal abuse if Leigh can't handle a FFS he is in the wrong job and should seek work in a nursery or church.

Quote " Come on Griffiths get a decent corner in FFS get it past the first man" at this point he turned his head and said " F OFF " this is when more fans got upset including me! several shouts went up saying "get on with the game never mind abusing us ya idot etc " then only then did he flip the finger. there was no personal abuse lack off support just a general shout about the corner. I was raging at him for reacting.

Dinkydoo
24-01-2012, 11:31 AM

Lee " F OFF"

Lee " flips his finger "

Fans get upset

I might believe you if the quotes you've provided between this thread and another were actually the same.....:confused:

You do know what quotation marks are used for, don't you?

Read what was shouted at him it was hardly abuse. Not encouragment but Poor wee Leigh HAD TO react. I would hate to see his reaction if he was actually abused like Nish was last season. For the record I dont agree with abuse but in football it will always happen.

Calling anyone a low life when you dont know them is too harsh.

But presumably calling someone "100% THICK" is Ok though.

The hypcrisy from a small few on here is unbelievable. :hilarious:

Lucius Apuleius
24-01-2012, 11:37 AM
I have posted the quote on the alleged abuse below. I agree it is far from encouragement but I really don't think the 1st comment is personal abuse if Leigh can't handle a FFS he is in the wrong job and should seek work in a nursery or church.

Quote " Come on Griffiths get a decent corner in FFS get it past the first man" at this point he turned his head and said " F OFF " this is when more fans got upset including me! several shouts went up saying "get on with the game never mind abusing us ya idot etc " then only then did he flip the finger. there was no personal abuse lack off support just a general shout about the corner. I was raging at him for reacting.

So, someone swore at him, he swore back? Personal abuse rained down on him by those who were raging at his temerity to actually answer back?

Wow.

Sammy7nil
24-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I might believe you if the quotes you've provided between this thread and another were actually the same.....:confused:

Okay I may agree I was a bit thoughtless or maybe even a bit thick in my use of the word thick. In my defence I would say "thick" could be described as an everyday word often used as a throw away comment. However I dont think Low life has quite the everyday use and I am not sure anyone would accept Low Life as a description many wold be delighted with only thick :greengrin

Dinkydoo
24-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Okay I may agree I was a bit thoughtless or maybe even a bit thick in my use of the word thick. In my defence I would say "thick" could be described as an everyday word often used as a throw away comment. However I dont think Low life has quite the everyday use and I am not sure anyone would accept Low Life as a description many wold be delighted with only thick :greengrin

Although it looks like you're doing a great job without one, I do actually have a shovel handy if you want it. :wink:

Sammy7nil
24-01-2012, 11:47 AM
So, someone swore at him, he swore back? Personal abuse rained down on him by those who were raging at his temerity to actually answer back?

Wow.

Never actually thought the FFS was a direct abuse of Leigh more a plea :confused:

We all see and hear things diffrently

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 11:49 AM

I'd be happy with low life these days! :greengrin

Sammy7nil
24-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Although it looks like you're doing a great job without one, I do actually have a shovel handy if you want it. :wink:

I don't need one Leigh has confirmed he is either thick or has the attention span of a goldfish. There are 3 video clips to back this up :wink:

On the other hand some random bloke say's FFS at a Hibs match and he is a low life :confused::confused::confused: what a crime lock the low life up etc etc get a real

If that is me digging pass the shovel.

Peevemor
24-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Does he not live in a tent on Leith Links or something? I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. :agree:

Saorsa
24-01-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't need one Leigh has confirmed he is either thick or has the attention span of a goldfish. and if he's thick, what does that make the people who shouted abuse at him already knowing how he would react tae it? The brains of britian nae doubt!

Sammy7nil
24-01-2012, 11:57 AM
and if he's thick, what does that make the people who shouted abuse at him already knowing how he would react tae it? The brains of britian nae doubt!

Read what the guy said he said FFS not directly at Leigh more of a Plea ! How would he know Leigh would react? I bet he never thought Leigh would react in anyway after his recent problems.

allezsauzee
24-01-2012, 12:01 PM
The compliance officer needs to get a grip. Huns scream abuse at Griffiths and he gives a moderately offensive gesture back. In the SFA's view , the way to tackle this is to ban the player rather than take action against the club who's fans were screaming the abuse. I'm not saying that Leigh doesn't need to accept that he needs to screw the nut, but typical of the SFA to decide ignore the bigger problem and take the easy option of punishing the player.

happiehibbie
24-01-2012, 12:03 PM

TBH am sick off telling people what happened hence maybe my " " missed out a few words you belive what you want take the blinkers off i was 3 yards away from the guy who shouted no direct abuse

as the they say on the DEN am out !!

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2012, 12:03 PM
The compliance officer needs to get a grip. Huns scream abuse at Griffiths and he gives a moderately offensive gesture back. In the SFA's view , the way to tackle this is to ban the player rather than take action against the club who's fans were screaming the abuse. I'm not saying that Leigh doesn't need to accept that he needs to screw the nut, but typical of the SFA to decide ignore the bigger problem and take the easy option of punishing the player.

IIRC, they laughed at him because he fell over. Hardly "scream(ing) abuse."

allezsauzee
24-01-2012, 12:05 PM
If the huns weren't shouting abuse at Griffiths he's the first player in Green and white to have been given this privelige

Saorsa
24-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Read what the guy said he said FFS not directly at Leigh more of a Plea ! How would he know Leigh would react? I bet he never thought Leigh would react in anyway after his recent problems.It's exactly because he's done it before that folk might think (if they actually thought before opening their traps) it could happen again. He shouldnae do it, you'll get nae argument from me on that, he should maybe be smarter and no let the heckles from loud mouths in crowd get tae him but it does and if you're trying tae tell me the people doing the shouting dinnae ken that then I say you're talking pish.

You think he's in the wrong sport if he cannae take it, yet you were raging because he gave some of it back :boo hoo: maybe you're watching the sport :wink:

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Its stupid that we abuse our own players, its also stupid to react to those people, but 3 times ffs.

Maybe he was just holding 1 finger up to indicate a near post corner? :wink: That i fear is his only defence? :rolleyes:

ancient hibee
24-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Given his less than overwhelming performances you'd think he might concentrate on his game.Send him back to Wolves-we shouldn't be paying for someone to sit in the stand.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Its stupid that we abuse our own players, its also stupid to react to those people, but 3 times ffs.

Maybe he was just holding 1 finger up to indicate a near post corner? :wink: That i fear is his only defence? :rolleyes:

Agree, hope the abuse stops NOW, every game for us is now a "cup final", we need to all do our bit

Famous Fiver
24-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Isn't it a bit of hypocrisy that the powers that be do not allow video technology to help a referee make decisions during a match but they are all over it with a forensic toothcomb afterwards to trace any small misdemeanour.

Is this compliance officer watching a replay of every MATCH from EVERY camera angle to find misdemeanours? If not then it is selective prosecution and I want to know who is keeping track of the compliance officer's activities? Far too much ambiguity in this process and it should be subject to a lot more scrutiny.

At St Johnstone's second and third goals almost the whole team left the playing area to celebrate with their own fans. How many were booked? One on each occasion. What is the compliance officer's view of that? Can we look forward to retrospective action?

I doubt it.

Selective prosecution and it just can't be right.

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Isn't it a bit of hypocrisy that the powers that be do not allow video technology to help a referee make decisions during a match but they are all over it with a forensic toothcomb afterwards to trace any small misdemeanour.

Is this compliance officer watching a replay of every MATCH from EVERY camera angle to find misdemeanours? If not then it is selective prosecution and I want to know who is keeping track of the compliance officer's activities? Far too much ambiguity in this process and it should be subject to a lot more scrutiny.

At St Johnstone's second and third goals almost the whole team left the playing area to celebrate with their own fans. How many were booked? One on each occasion. What is the compliance officer's view of that? Can we look forward to retrospective action?

I doubt it.

Selective prosecution and it just can't be right.

Completely agree with that and agree with Stuart McCall also that unless all misdemeanours are brought up it appears as if the BBC Editor decides who is to be punished that particular week.

brog
24-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Completely agree with that and agree with Stuart McCall also that unless all misdemeanours are brought up it appears as if the BBC Editor decides who is to be punished that particular week.

Agree 100% & with the OP you're responding to. I'll happily volunteer to sit in front of my TV for hours on end trawling through Yam & OF games to find something to complain about. I hope McCall & Hibs don't let this go, I would have thought that such selective targeting could be subject to a legal challenge. If it was Celtc, McBride would be on case by now. Mind you, imagine if Celtc were subject to wrong decisions we've had recently in games v Aberdeen, Yams & St J - it's a conspiracy I tell you!

Duffys13
24-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Given his less than overwhelming performances you'd think he might concentrate on his game.Send him back to Wolves-we shouldn't be paying for someone to sit in the stand.

I would say he has been getting better every game since the Derby. If we are gonna stay up, he will be a big part of it. Think there is more to come from Sparky and just hope he is not hammered by the powers that be.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2012, 02:53 PM
I would say he has been getting better every game since the Derby. If we are gonna stay up, he will be a big part of it. Think there is more to come from Sparky and just hope he is not hammered by the powers that be.

:agree::agree::agree:

Wheat Hound
24-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Can anyone confirm if any action has actually been taken against LG (or Michael Higdon for that matter) or is it all conjecture at this stage? IIRC, previous sanctions were announced on the Monday after the Saturday on which the offences occurred.

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Can anyone confirm if any action has actually been taken against LG (or Michael Higdon for that matter) or is it all conjecture at this stage? IIRC, previous sanctions were announced on the Monday after the Saturday on which the offences occurred.

It was mentioned somewhere that it was likely to be announced tomorrow.

sleeping giant
24-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Everyone makes mistakes i agree but 3 times in as many weeks...........:rolleyes:

He is clearly an erse of the highest order. I have no doubt that Paddy would have had words to say to him about the first two instances and Leigh has obviously chose to ignore him.
I can see him being sent back and i wouldn't blame PF for doing so.

What a complete idiot.
Grow up FFS.

Erse

Wheat Hound
24-01-2012, 03:47 PM
It was mentioned somewhere that it was likely to be announced tomorrow.

Just seen on the Motherwell fishy site that Higdon was issued with a one game ban yesterday (which they are contesting). I'm surprised that they did not deal with LG at the same time or even today as it appears a fairly simple one.........is it wishful thinking that the much talked aboot Compliance Officer has chosen to ignore this latest incident?

greenlex
24-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Higdon has been offered a one match ban for his GIRFUY gesture. Where is Sparky's punishment?

Sir David Gray
24-01-2012, 03:49 PM

Higdon's been offered a 1 match ban for his gesture, which Motherwell's rejected and they're going to fight it.

SMAXXA
24-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Higdon has been offered a one match ban for his GIRFUY gesture. Where is Sparky's punishment?

Well are to apeal it hmm

JimBHibees
24-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Just seen on the Motherwell fishy site that Higdon was issued with a one game ban yesterday (which they are contesting). I'm surprised that they did not deal with LG at the same time or even today as it appears a fairly simple one.........is it wishful thinking that the much talked aboot Compliance Officer has chosen to ignore this latest incident?

Yes we are playing Rangers on Saturday. :greengrin

I think they are waiting to make sure they are complying with their own rules if they are planning to hammer him with additional games for repeat offence.

Dinkydoo
24-01-2012, 04:46 PM
TBH i was 3 yards away from the guy who shouted no direct abuse

and yet your still struggling to consistently recall what was actually said :greengrin:

I think our definition of "direct" must be different here since I absolutely think that calling someone and "idiot..etc", as you put it, is about as direct as you can get.

Not that any of this matters at all; he'll still get a ban and some of us after failing to just shut up, and let him get on with the corner, will still be taking the moral high ground after playing quite a significant part in all of this.

GreenCastle
24-01-2012, 04:52 PM
2 game ban..

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9182 (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9182)

First time was stupid...:agree:

2nd time was ridiculous and to your own fans :confused:

3rd time - to your own fans and family section - madness :rolleyes:

LG has been playing well and scoring goals for the team.

We need our best players on the pitch to survive - paying the guy to sit in the stand is a total joke - having not learned twice from his original mistake.

Hibbyradge
24-01-2012, 05:06 PM
So we only have Doyle for Saturday?

hibsbollah
24-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Against the arabs he either flashed something or said something to the fans as well. So its actually 4 times :greengrin

scoopyboy
24-01-2012, 05:15 PM

and Rhys Murphy??????

Barney McGrew
24-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Now the precedent has been set, I'd expect we'll see a lot more of this as long as the beaks are going to be even handed about it.

For instance, I don't seem to remember Rudi Skacel getting a retrospective ban for his 'loser' gesture to the East Stand last season.

stanton10
24-01-2012, 05:32 PM
and yet your still struggling to consistently recall what was actually said :greengrin:

I think our definition of "direct" must be different here since I absolutely think that calling someone and "idiot..etc", as you put it, is about as direct as you can get.

Not that any of this matters at all; he'll still get a ban and some of us after failing to just shut up, and let him get on with the corner, will still be taking the moral high ground after playing quite a significant part in all of this.

I t.hink everyone has missed the point the guy [griffiths] is a loose cannon no use to any team will let you down every time

DaveF
24-01-2012, 05:33 PM
A 2 game ban. What a boot in the bollocks that is.

Flucking unreal it has got to this point. Fenlon must be fuming.

hibsbollah
24-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Tommy Soares is here now. whatsisname griffiths is an irrelevancy.

SloopJB
24-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Fine him the maximum amount of wages possible and have make a very humble and genuine public apology.

Fair comment, the club has been punished for his actions by the decision to ban him. The club is left to fine the player, which cannot be good for employee/employer relations, but the club is still punished.

SloopJB
24-01-2012, 05:42 PM

A pretty weak team right enough:agree:

Makaveli
24-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Now the precedent has been set, I'd expect we'll see a lot more of this as long as the beaks are going to be even handed about it.

For instance, I don't seem to remember Rudi Skacel getting a retrospective ban for his 'loser' gesture to the East Stand last season.

It's ridiculous. Genuinely inflammatory gestures from Skacel and McGown are ignored whilst Griffiths has been punished twice for reacting to his own fans.

I'm not denying it was petulant and stupid of him, but it's also entirely unfair of the SFA.

This Lunny prick might be acting within the rules but he's apply them selectively.

Carheenlea
24-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I hope Fenlon has other strikers on his radar and if we can get someone to replace Griffiths then we should cancel his loan and forget about him. The regularity of his "gestures" suggests they won't be his last. He's been warned by Fenlon, he has ignored those warnings to the detriment of the club in difficult times.

Replace and get rid.

Emerald
24-01-2012, 05:54 PM
First I agree with all that has been said regarding the stupidity of LG and how he should have learnt the first time, let alone doing it three times.

That said, I think the rule is a disgrace. How can you even prove what he meant by his gesture? He never looked at the crowd when he done it, and so could easily be a training ground sign at a corner kick. How can they prove anything from this? We're going to be in a position like with the singing, where only certain signs and celebrations can be used. The rule was surely not brought it for this reason. Why could the ref or linesman not deal with it at the time, he would have only got a yellow card. The linesman was standing right next to him FFS. Surely they should be getting hauled over the coals for being grossly incompetent.

He's a total twat for doing it but it makes you wonder what more stupid rules can be brought into the game.

:grr:

BEEJ
24-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Well now that so-called justice has been seen to be done and we've lost our best performing striker for another two matches, perhaps the Hibs fan base could turn their attention to the behaviours of players from other SPL sides and shop them to Mr Lunny on a weekly basis?

Let's see just how even-handed this new trial-by-TV game is going to be.

And if any Hibs players so much as raise an eyebrow at anyone in the crowd at any stage in what remains of this season, maybe we could just keep it to ourselves, eh?

For the sake of the team, that is.

Mikey_1875
24-01-2012, 06:04 PM
What a trumpet this compliance officer is, why was o'connors booking not rescinded when he clearly got fouled at dunfermline, it has to work both ways. 2 Games or even a one game ban is a joke, I can understand for diving maybe as this can change the outcome of a game. Obviously silly of Griffiths but this is just a man trying to justify his wage for a job that isn't even needed. Hopefully clubs can get together and get this guy punted as it benefits no club.

WhileTheChief..
24-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Fenlon told him not to do it again, that should be the end of it.

We've moaned for ages about a lack of discipline at the club but because LG is 'one of us' folk on here make excuses for him and blame the fans?? Unbelievable. If that had been Hart making the gesture no one would be sticking up for him.

This is a great opportunity for PF to lay down the law and get rid and send a message to the rest of the squad. If PF does nothing then he no authority whatsoever after making his previous statement.

I trust he will do the right thing.

SMAXXA
24-01-2012, 06:13 PM
First I agree with all that has been said regarding the stupidity of LG and how he should have learnt the first time, let alone doing it three times.

That said, I think the rule is a disgrace. How can you even prove what he meant by his gesture? He never looked at the crowd when he done it, and so could easily be a training ground sign at a corner kick. How can they prove anything from this? We're going to be in a position like with the singing, where only certain signs and celebrations can be used. The rule was surely not brought it for this reason. Why could the ref or linesman not deal with it at the time, he would have only got a yellow card. The linesman was standing right next to him FFS. Surely they should be getting hauled over the coals for being grossly incompetent.

He's a total twat for doing it but it makes you wonder what more stupid rules can be brought into the game.

:grr:

I like this idea, how can they prove anything that it was an offensive gesture, just say it was a training ground sign :faf:, like the idea! Mind ad no be surprised if PF gives him the same sign as he sends him packing, hope not tho as he has something to offer us.

Frazerbob
24-01-2012, 06:13 PM
I wonder who'll be the victim of "trial by Sportscene" this week?

weecounty hibby
24-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I sort of stuck up for him after the Cowdenbeath game but. Once was stupid but understandable against the Huns and c'mon who on here hasn't given them the GIRFUY at one time or another. Second time was really really stupid and he should have learnt. This time is unforgiveable at a time when we are staring relegation in the face he could be out for a month. LG grow up or you will have no career in football never mind with us.

Carheenlea
24-01-2012, 06:15 PM

We've moaned for ages about a lack of discipline at the club but because LG is 'one of us' folk on here make excuses for him and blame the fans?? Unbelievable. If that had been Hart making the gesture no one would be sticking up for him.

This is a great opportunity for PF to lay down the law and get rid and send a message to the rest of the squad. If PF does nothing then he no authority whatsoever after making his previous statement.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we have seen Griffiths' last game for Hibs.

AustinHibee
24-01-2012, 06:16 PM
THE TV Editors seem to be the real compliance officers.

Let's say that he or she's favourite team are due to play Hibs next week and the same person is in a position to show or not to show in the TV highlights. What's to stop that person being selective in the incidents from the Hibs game he/she wishes to broadcast? Presumably this latest Leigh Griffiths incident would not have been picked up by the Compliance Officer unless it was highlighted by TV coverage.

I'm still of the opinion that an incident that involves a situation between a Club's player and its own supporters should be handled internally and have naff all to do with the compliance officer or anyone else.
Sent an e:mail to SFA stating very same point,will let you know if and when i get a reply

andy1875
24-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Once you can forgive, twice is pushing it, three times is taking the pi$$. At a time when we need everyone available and contributing to the cause, he's stupid to go and get himself a stupid ban. Send him back to Wolves (assuming we can that is) and get someone else in that knows how to act like an adult.

SMAXXA
24-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I wonder who'll be the victim of "trial by Sportscene" this week?

I hesr what your saying mate but end of the day players dont do these things then no need to worry about trial by TV etc, simples!!!!!

qiut
24-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Send him back to Wolves.

He is no use to us Sitting in the Stand.

I'm not prepared to pay good money to see a jumped up to55er who acts like a spoilt wee brat when the going gets tough.

Three times he has acted like this.

F""" off back to wolves and grow up

Emerald
24-01-2012, 06:24 PM
When Gareth Bale scored for Spurs on Sunday, he made like a big 'O' sign to the crowd behind the goals with with his hands. How does anyone know he wasn't calling them a bunch of fannies. See what I mean?? :faf:

SteveHFC
24-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Hopefully we sign Murphy in time for saturday.

Northernhibee
24-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Get him punted, I don't think anyone can say it's disrespectful to the fans as he's clearly aimed his GIRFUYs at individuals, but it's very disrespectful to Nutsy and his team-mates to constantly get yourself suspended after warnings about it.

SteveHFC
24-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I would keep Griffiths. He is one of out best players and is our best player at the moment.

Saorsa
24-01-2012, 06:31 PM
2 game ban..

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9182 (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=721&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=9182)

First time was stupid...:agree:

2nd time was ridiculous and to your own fans :confused:

3rd time - to your own fans and family section - madness :rolleyes:

LG has been playing well and scoring goals for the team.

We need our best players on the pitch to survive - paying the guy to sit in the stand is a total joke - having not learned twice from his original mistake.Was that his is own fans that were giving him abuse or was it his own fans that were supporting him and the team? He may be stupid for doing that but he'll have plenty good company if he's sitting in the stands at Easter Road these days.

stanton10
24-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Agree , bang on

Gala Foxes
24-01-2012, 06:33 PM
You would have to question whether he has the temperament to play at Tynecastle in March. The last thing we need nowadays is going down to 10 men because someone can't control themselves.

Elephant Stone
24-01-2012, 06:48 PM
When Gareth Bale scored for Spurs on Sunday, he made like a big 'O' sign to the crowd behind the goals with with his hands. How does anyone know he wasn't calling them a bunch of fannies. See what I mean?? :faf:

Yeah, we'll tell the SFA that the corner taker putting his middle finger up to the fans is our tactical code for near post and while we're at it we can tell them the Skacel refugee song is just the fans' way of telling the team he's unmarked in a dangerous space. Any other embarrassing incidents we can try to re-write the meaning of language for?

Sir David Gray
24-01-2012, 07:02 PM

It's ridiculous. Genuinely inflammatory gestures from Skacel and McGown are ignored whilst Griffiths has been punished twice for reacting to his own fans.

I'm not denying it was petulant and stupid of him, but it's also entirely unfair of the SFA.

This Lunny prick might be acting within the rules but he's apply them selectively.

There is no law banning an "inflammatory gesture".

The law which Griffiths has broken is relating to the use of "abusive, insulting or offensive words and/or gestures" and the punishment is a red card.

Whilst I would quite gladly hand out a red card to Rudi Skacel every time he enters a football pitch, giving a "loser" sign to the Hibs fans is really pushing it if you're trying to class it as offensive, insulting or abusive.

Emerald
24-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeah, we'll tell the SFA that the corner taker putting his middle finger up to the fans is our tactical code for near post and while we're at it we can tell them the Skacel refugee song is just the fans' way of telling the team he's unmarked in a dangerous space. Any other embarrassing incidents we can try to re-write the meaning of language for?

It WAS gross stupidity by LG and he should be punished for not learning what is and is not allowed. But it's a football match FFS, next thing they'll be having a wee auld wumin shining a torch in you face if you're caught talking. Yes LG needs to grow up or ship out but this is PC gone mad.

Makaveli
24-01-2012, 07:05 PM

The law which Griffiths has broken is relating to the use of "abusive, insulting or offensive words and/or gestures" and the punishment is a red card.

Whilst I would quite gladly hand out a red card to Rudi Skacel every time he enters a football pitch, giving a "loser" sign to the Hibs fans is really pushing it if you're trying to class it as offensive, insulting or abusive.

Players have been booked and sent off during games for inflammatory gestures to opposing fans in the past, as well as nailed retrospectively.

It's been a punishable offense a lot longer than this garbage.

Barney McGrew
24-01-2012, 07:09 PM

Something like that would no doubt fall under the 'Ungentlemanly Conduct' banner.

I'm using Skacel as an example because it's the first one I could think of off the top of my head. The Compliance Officer's job seems to be to pick up things that have gone unpunished, and I bet you could watch every single game from the SPL last weekend and find something. As others have pointed out, Sandaza has got away scott free with his antics on Saturday so if said officer is doing his job properly (and the SPL/SFA are backing up their claim of trying to stamp out 'simulation') then he should have been pulled up too.

I'm all for punishing players for indiscretions, but it has to be done even handedly.

greenginger
24-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Sent an e:mail to SFA stating very same point,will let you know if and when i get a reply

You might want to ask why the Sandansa dive was not considered by the Compliance officer. ( Obviously it was because it was not on TV )

IF the answer is the ref saw it and thought a word was enough, then the same should apply to Griffith as the linesman saw what he did and no action was taken.

basehibby
24-01-2012, 07:20 PM
I really wouldn't be surprised if we have seen Griffiths' last game for Hibs.

:agree: He's just ruled himself out of about a quarter of the remaining fixtures after multiple warnings and entirely because of his own stupidity.

You really could not blame Fenlon if he decided to offload him in favour of someone that can actually play!!! Woud be a crying shame as Griffiths has been living the dream and has hit top form recently - but would be entirely his own doing.

GreenCastle
24-01-2012, 07:31 PM
3 things annoy me about this -

1 - He has been playing well for Hibs last few games and scoring goals (including a winner!) - Dundee Utd, Yams game - up top on his own, Cowedenbeath, Pars and St J - we need need playing and not sitting in the stand not contributing.

2 - The SFA are trying to cut down on behaviour but there are so many things that go on at football games - including diving and bad tackles and they don't seem to get 2 game bans. So really the inconsistency.

3 - LG has talent and is not using it - learn from your mistakes and play football - otherwise you will be another wasted talent.

Fenlon sort it out please :agree:

millarco
24-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Do you think Grant Brebner would get a ban nowadays? (2 mins in) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4X4E4inkEg&feature=related

PaulSmith
24-01-2012, 07:54 PM
It's frustrating in both parts, the SFA and Leigh. Firstly referee's have now basically been ordered to send off players for this offence, it'll happen soon enough but even more frustrating is the fact that Croft should've had a straight red for his tackle early doors, how this was a yellow ill never know but cause the ref saw it and booked him he gets no retrospective punishment. Hibs also don't get the benefit of playing against 10 men for 70 mins and to top it all off we now lose one of our main players for something that no-one would be offended at.

It's 'right' but morally it's not.

BEEJ
24-01-2012, 08:11 PM
You might want to ask why the Sandansa dive was not considered by the Compliance officer. ( Obviously it was because it was not on TV )

IF the answer is the ref saw it and thought a word was enough, then the same should apply to Griffith as the linesman saw what he did and no action was taken.
It was on TV. BBC Alba screened the whole match - twice. (Or did the cameras not catch it?)

But it takes someone to go and spot the infringement and point out to the Compliance Officer exactly where to find it on the videotape - mins, seconds etc. Can't expect Mr Lunny to work for his salary, can we?

Sir David Gray
24-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Players have been booked and sent off during games for inflammatory gestures to opposing fans in the past, as well as nailed retrospectively.

It's been a punishable offense a lot longer than this garbage.

Something like that would no doubt fall under the 'Ungentlemanly Conduct' banner.

I'm using Skacel as an example because it's the first one I could think of off the top of my head. The Compliance Officer's job seems to be to pick up things that have gone unpunished, and I bet you could watch every single game from the SPL last weekend and find something. As others have pointed out, Sandaza has got away scott free with his antics on Saturday so if said officer is doing his job properly (and the SPL/SFA are backing up their claim of trying to stamp out 'simulation') then he should have been pulled up too.

I'm all for punishing players for indiscretions, but it has to be done even handedly.

Sorry, what I meant was that it's not classed as a red card offence, whereas the gestures that Griffiths has made are classed as such.

Of course, if you goad the opposition, in the way that Skacel did, then you are normally booked. However, if the referee chooses not to book the player, that would have nothing at all to do with the compliance officer as he can't issue retrospective bookings.

Barney McGrew
24-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Sorry, what I meant was that it's not classed as a red card offence, whereas the gestures that Griffiths has made are classed as such.

Of course, if you goad the opposition, in the way that Skacel did, then you are normally booked. However, if the referee chooses not to book the player, that would have nothing at all to do with the compliance officer as he can't issue retrospective bookings.

So why did they charge GOC after the St Johnstone game with 'simulation' - if it had been deemed to be that during the game would have been a yellow card? If Hibs had accepted it rather than challenging it, he would have had a ban - the equivalent of a red card.

Sir David Gray
24-01-2012, 08:32 PM
So why did they charge GOC after the St Johnstone game with 'simulation' - if it had been deemed to be that during the game would have been a yellow card? If Hibs had accepted it rather than challenging it, he would have had a ban - the equivalent of a red card.

Diving seems to be the exception to the rule, because it is cheating and when it results in a penalty, it is seen as being game-changing.

I don't agree with the rule, I think if they're going to ban players retrospectively for diving then players caught diving during a game should be sent off, rather than booked. I wouldn't actually have a problem with this, to be honest.

However, that's the rule and that's the only time that a player will be banned for committing an offence that would have seen them booked, had it been dealt with during a game.

We're not going to have players being handed suspensions, because they've tried to wind up the opposition fans after a goal's been scored unless, of course, they make insulting, abusive or offensive gestures.

Tyler Durden
24-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Diving seems to be the exception to the rule, because it is cheating and when it results in a penalty, it is seen as being game-changing.

I don't agree with the rule, I think if they're going to ban players retrospectively for diving then players caught diving during a game should be sent off, rather than booked. I wouldn't actually have a problem with this, to be honest.

However, that's the rule and that's the only time that a player will be banned for committing an offence that would have seen them booked, had it been dealt with during a game.

We're not going to have players being handed suspensions, because they've tried to wind up the opposition fans after a goal's been scored unless, of course, they make insulting, abusive or offensive gestures.

FH, fair play for trying to apply some logic to all this, but its misplaced, the SPLs approach is a total nonsense.

To address the Skacel comparison though, how else can making a loser sign to opposition fans be interpreted, if not insulting and offensive? What else was the intention?

And this is one of the key problems with Lunny's recent bans - its at his discretion what is considered offensive. Is there any real precedent for players being banned for gesturing to their own fans during a goal celebration? Only in Scotland could this happen. If we had the time I'm sure we could trawl through countless examples from earlier in the year that have been ignored, its a joke.

The compliance officer is doing nothing but justifying his own existence - there must be an average of 2 bans offered every week - is this improving the game?

Westie1875
24-01-2012, 09:14 PM
FH, fair play for trying to apply some logic to all this, but its misplaced, the SPLs approach is a total nonsense.

To address the Skacel comparison though, how else can making a loser sign to opposition fans be interpreted, if not insulting and offensive? What else was the intention?

And this is one of the key problems with Lunny's recent bans - its at his discretion what is considered offensive. Is there any real precedent for players being banned for gesturing to their own fans during a goal celebration? Only in Scotland could this happen. If we had the time I'm sure we could trawl through countless examples from earlier in the year that have been ignored, its a joke.

The compliance officer is doing nothing but justifying his own existence - there must be an average of 2 bans offered every week - is this improving the game?

Does it cost teams to challenge his decisions? If so it seems to be a money making vehicle as a lot of teams have challenged them so far, us Rangers, Motherwell & Aberdeen from memory. All SPL teams incidently, has a non-spl team been punished yet? Seems a bit odd that only SPL teams are commiting these apparent offences, or is it simply the case that some spl matches and all highlights are televised so it is more obvious, and the new rules aren't being enforced on teams in the first division and lower?

I see Higdon is contesting a ban for the same gesture Griffiths was banned for last time, Hibs appealed this and failed so presumably the Higdon ban has to be upheld? The SFA have put themselves in an awkward position with these new rules as they need to look like they're being fair so there will be a lot of bans to come, its not really helping anyone. The only thing wrong with the previous system was the length of time it took to get things sorted, proper issues such as horrendous tackles that the ref missed or punches thrown etc, not petty gestures from players to their own fans.

Emerald
24-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Does it cost teams to challenge his decisions? If so it seems to be a money making vehicle as a lot of teams have challenged them so far, us Rangers, Motherwell & Aberdeen from memory. All SPL teams incidently, has a non-spl team been punished yet? Seems a bit odd that only SPL teams are commiting these apparent offences, or is it simply the case that some spl matches and all highlights are televised so it is more obvious, and the new rules aren't being enforced on teams in the first division and lower?

I see Higdon is contesting a ban for the same gesture Griffiths was banned for last time, Hibs appealed this and failed so presumably the Higdon ban has to be upheld? The SFA have put themselves in an awkward position with these new rules as they need to look like they're being fair so there will be a lot of bans to come, its not really helping anyone. The only thing wrong with the previous system was the length of time it took to get things sorted, proper issues such as horrendous tackles that the ref missed or punches thrown etc, not petty gestures from players to their own fans.

And what constitutes an offensive gesture, is there a list? It may not be offensive on its own but maybe in the context its used may offend someone. Or it may be an offensive gesture but NOT in the context its used! I know his was but where do you draw a line. Its a total shamble of a rule especially when its down to TV editing.

Sir David Gray
24-01-2012, 11:13 PM

I would assume that it would be the same procedure as it is when you're appealing against a red card.

I.E. you hand over £1000 if you want to contest the ban that is being offered and if your appeal is upheld, then you'll get that £1000 back.

matty_f
24-01-2012, 11:36 PM

Good post. :agree:

JimBHibees
25-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Is it worth appealling to try and get it back to one game? 2 games for that really is complete nonsense.

silverhibee
25-01-2012, 01:02 PM

Yeah agree with you, i have mentioned Steven Naismith in this thread who was done by the compliance officer for an incident against the Pars, McCoist was fuming and had his say on a number of ocasions regarding it, a few games later and SN makes a horror tackle on a Dons player just before he gets injured that puts him out for the season, no action taken by the CO regarding that tackle, was the CO feared he may come under pressure from RFC for the incident if he acted on it after seeing it on TV, it was a red card every day of the week but because he got the injury making the challenge it seemed to be forgotten about because of SN serious injury, it seem Hibs have become a target from the BBC and pundits to highlight things in Hibs game's for the CO.

If Hibs except this two game ban, and i think they will, first they have to hammer LG for these gesture's that he is making, and he needs to appoligise to the Hibs support for doing it,(i know a few will say why should he) but he needs to do it.

Then our Chairman needs to make some kind of statement regarding these incidents with Griffiths regarding the Compliance Officer, he has to get it over that the CO has to be consistent with all incidents that are brought to his attention and get it over that Hibs are not a soft touch for the CO, he could maybe start with mentioning Sandazas dive at the weekend and also mention that it only comes to the CO attention after Sportscene on a Sunday or from pundits or journo's in the papers, wee never seem to complain about anything, time for our Chairman needs to stick up for this club every now and again.

I have always liked listening to Sportsound before and after games, but this season there seems to be an anti Hibs campaign just now against us, it has not helped with Yogi joining them either, it gives them the chance to have snidey digs at Hibs and then ask Yogi for his thoughts on things at ER, Yogi then normally talks keek and doesn't help things, wish he would just say no comment when they ask him about the problems at Hibs, then the Cowdenbeath game, never went to the game but listened to it on the radio on all mikes, see when Beath scored in the first few seconds you could hear them all s******ing behind there mikes, it was very unprofessional indeed, but it just shows you what they think of Hibs.

Wee need to lose this soft touch tag.

JimBHibees
25-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah agree with you, i have mentioned Steven Naismith in this thread who was done by the compliance officer for an incident against the Pars, McCoist was fuming and had his say on a number of ocasions regarding it, a few games later and SN makes a horror tackle on a Dons player just before he gets injured that puts him out for the season, no action taken by the CO regarding that tackle, was the CO feared he may come under pressure from RFC for the incident if he acted on it after seeing it on TV, it was a red card every day of the week but because he got the injury making the challenge it seemed to be forgotten about because of SN serious injury, it seem Hibs have become a target from the BBC and pundits to highlight things in Hibs game's for the CO.

If Hibs except this two game ban, and i think they will, first they have to hammer LG for these gesture's that he is making, and he needs to appoligise to the Hibs support for doing it,(i know a few will say why should he) but he needs to do it.

Then our Chairman needs to make some kind of statement regarding these incidents with Griffiths regarding the Compliance Officer, he has to get it over that the CO has to be consistent with all incidents that are brought to his attention and get it over that Hibs are not a soft touch for the CO, he could maybe start with mentioning Sandazas dive at the weekend and also mention that it only comes to the CO attention after Sportscene on a Sunday or from pundits or journo's in the papers, wee never seem to complain about anything, time for our Chairman needs to stick up for this club every now and again.

I have always liked listening to Sportsound before and after games, but this season there seems to be an anti Hibs campaign just now against us, it has not helped with Yogi joining them either, it gives them the chance to have snidey digs at Hibs and then ask Yogi for his thoughts on things at ER, Yogi then normally talks keek and doesn't help things, wish he would just say no comment when they ask him about the problems at Hibs, then the Cowdenbeath game, never went to the game but listened to it on the radio on all mikes, see when Beath scored in the first few seconds you could hear them all s******ing behind there mikes, it was very unprofessional indeed, but it just shows you what they think of Hibs.

Wee need to lose this soft touch tag.

Brilliant post. Fenlon did make comment of the club needing to be more prepared to stick up for themselves. Your Naismith example is a good one as IMO was the Calum Davidson challenge on GOC at the weekend, and Sandaza's dives. We should as a club be more prepared to indicate that for example GOC seems to be getting picked on by refs in comparison with others. His bookings v Aberdeen and Pars were both jokes but because a yellow cant be challenged they stand.

Agree with you completely about Sportsound there does seem to be a very anti-Hibs stance taken though what would you expect with Preston and Yogi being regular contributors. There is no way on this earth that they would have someone supporting one of the Infirm who was so happy to slag off their main oppnent and take great pleasure in other teams scoring against them. It simply wouldnt be allowed to happen. Preston has almost done himself a mischief when commentating on goals against Hibs, the Ross County equaliser in the cup last year being an example. I think you also had fat Robbo in the background clearly saying 'Come on County', I mean how unprofessional can you get.